superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

Iceheart stopped licking FLashkit and now looked out the entrance of the medicine den to see what was happening out in the clearing. she saw cats gathering. "whats happening?" Iceheart asked whoever could hear.

Auttumnfall looked outside the warriors den. "tell me someone hasn't died!" Autumnfall watched as cats where gathering in the camp. Autumnfall got out of the warriors den, her tail was bushed up from her constant bad dreams.

Owlflare woke up instantly when she heard what he said and said in reply when he was done talking, "That's really sad." In reply to his last statement about him not wanting to be near camp when Addermouth came back she said, "Me neither. He's definitely going to be angry." She sighed before looking over at Thymekit's dead body. She knew that he was Addermouth's son but he was still a kit and it was a sad thing to learn that a kit is dead.

Jet studied his paws. So, Nightcloud did forgive me. Sort of. I will never understand the way Clan cats' hearts work to guide their mind and through their mind, words. "I don't blame you for spying," he began slowly. He considered his next words. "Anyone would've stayed and watched. Besides, someone saw me at the ShadowClan camp. I was careless, but I know how to change my scent from Echo's herb mixtures. They won't find me." He paused and advanced, stopping in front of Nightcloud. "If you choose it, you won't have to find me either. I'll go away, back to the Twolegplace. " He gently nudged Nightcloud's face upwards. "If you're going to go away, tell Heatherstorm and Stormfire that I'm sorry. Tell them the truth- all of it." Silence stretched between them. "Well?" She won't stay with me... will she?

Nightcloud lifted her head back up when Jet gently nudged it and she listened to all that he said. "I want to stay with you Jet," she said when he was done, "and I want to find you again after today." She nuzzled him with a purr and added, "I forgive you for killing the kit and I understand that it was an accident and that you didn't mean to do it." She then raised her head so that her eyes were looking into his and she said softly, "I love you Jet with all my heart and you've made me really happy. If you went back to Twolegplace and I never saw you again, I fear that I'll become as sad as I was before we met and fell in love and I don't want to go back into that state again."

Hawk purred louder in response to Shadow's proclaim that she loved him. He felt a little sheepish for doubting the she-cat's love, but in his defense, not everybody continued to have strong love for the tomcat who played with their emotions and feelings to make their opinions change or at least become a little different, did they? But then again, Shadow wasn't just "everybody." She was special; the most beautiful, talented, and clever she-cat around. And that was why Hawk loved her.

Now as he looked at her eyes, glinting with tears, he felt his own tears start to trickle down his face. "What do we tell Trick?" the jet black she-cat asked in a teary voice. Hawk merely shook his head sorrowfully, indicating that he did not know. Some leader YOU are, the brown tabby scolded himself. The others look up to you, but when they need you most, you have no idea what to do. Hawk shook his head again, slightly, clearing his mind of all thoughts. The last thing he needed right now was self-doubt. He cleared his throat, stalling while he thought up a decent answer in his head to say to Shadow. Something comforting, something that would assure her that it would be all right. He definitely needed that answer right now. For all Shadow and Hawk knew right now, Trick would fall to pieces right then and there, as soon as he heard the news about Pumpkin.

"I don't know, but I'm sure that it will all turn out okay," Hawk finally meowed out loud. Yeah, great answer, a voice taunted him mockingly. Shadow will buy it, definitely. "It will all turn out okay"? How would YOU know, you stupid excuse for a leader? And why did you admit you didn't know? Shut up, the massive tabby shot back in his mind, holding back a growl. It would have alarmed Shadow if he suddenly growled out of nowhere, especially at such a sad and crucial moment. "Do you think we should just leave her here, or take her back to camp?" Hawk asked, clearing his throat. He hoped the subject change from Trick wouldn't be too obvious.

Shadow stopped walking and went back to where she had been before with Hawk and listened to him answer her question from before. She nodded and then in reply to his question she said as she sniffed a little bit, "We could leave her here. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything when I say that since I know she didn't come back to camp earlier and she wanted to be alone." She then scented the air before adding, "Trick's still here and I'm guessing he'll want to have sometime alone with her and this would be the perfect spot for it." This time, she didn't go anywhere and just waited for Hawk so that they could walk back to camp together.

Lightnose's observant eyes picked up Jaystar's facial expressions. She found his eyes dark with some emotion she couldn't read, but she knew it wasn't good . . . oh, StarClan, had the medicine cat done the right thing by telling the leader? She sincerely hoped so, and it was too late to turn back now. Lightnose struggled to keep a neutral expression and nodded, pretending to listen to Jaystar as her thoughts whirled, racing around and around. Right thing . . . wrong thing . . . Rippleleaf dead, kits without a mother and a father that won't care for them . . .

She tuned in again right after Jaystar sighed sorrowfully. The leader was saying that Rippleleaf needed to be prepared for burial, and he wanted Lightnose to find Rippleleaf's closest friends to prepare herbs. Oh, and Coralpoint too. She groaned inwardly, but dipped her head respectfully. "I'm onto it, Jaystar." The medicine cat then turned to her apprentice, Wisepaw, who had been waiting patiently and listening by her side this whole time. "Come on, Wisepaw," she urged. "Let's go find some of Rippleleaf's close friends who would be willing to find herbs for her burial, eh?"

Close friends, Lightnose thought as she led Wisepaw away, heading for the warriors' den. Who could that be? Rippleleaf was quite popular in the Clan and had a lot of close friends, probably. Maybe Streampelt? "Hey, Wisepaw," Lightnose meowed, deciding to put it to her apprentice. "Do you think we could ask Streampelt to help us? She and Rippleleaf were pretty good friends . . ."

[if that's okay with you Choco. Where's Coralpoint again, Snow? Yay page 700!]

((on a log, somewhere outside camp))

((yeah that's fine happy.gif))

Streampelt had finished grooming and was now resting beside the fresh-kill pile. She had heard some of the conversation between Jaystar and Lightnose but she wasn't completely sure what it was about. She did hear the last part of it where Lightnose told Wisepaw to find her for something and woke up, walking over to the small party. "Do you need my help with something Lightnose?" she asked as she sat down in front of the medicine cat. She tried to keep a calm face on the outside but on the inside, she was crying about her friend dying.

"Ah, there she is," Lightnose meowed, smiling at Streampelt. The smile wasn't completely genuine, however, as it didn't reach her eyes. Inside, the medicine cat was grieving for kind, gentle Rippleleaf. Her only consolation was that the warrior was now happily hunting on the green, lush forest of StarClan's hunting grounds, among friends and family that she was, at long last, finally reunited with. "Wisepaw and I wanted to ask if you wanted to help find some herbs for Rippleleaf's burial," the medicine cat explained formally. "You know, rosemary and all those sweet-smelling ones, to send her on her way to StarClan," she added just to make sure Streampelt knew what they were talking about. She should; after all, she had been in the Clan long enough.

"Sure Lightnose I can do that," Streampelt said in reply as she smiled back at the medicine cat. She was smiling to hide her real feelings and she hoped that she was being successful with that. She wanted to feel sad for her friend's death but she figured that she would have time to grieve later. For now, she was going to help Lightnose and Wisepaw gather burial herbs for Rippleleaf. That was the most important thing to do right now.

"Oh, so this is Splashkit!" Mint meowed brightly, with a kind smile on his face. "Wolfkit's sister! Nice to meet you, I'm - " He broke off, interrupted by Splashpaw's hiss. Apparently she was angry that her sister simply ran off without telling anyone. Mint decided not to butt in; he would let the two sort it out themselves. But the argument soon turned into a catfight, starting with a cuff over Wolfkit's ears and an angry reaction: Wolfkit swatting her sister's ears in return, WITH her claws unsheathed. Here we go, Mint thought with an inward sigh. Wolfkit the impulsive.

A moment later the tangled-up cat ball that was Wolfkit and Splashpaw rolled near Mint, bumping into his leg, and rolled away again. (That could NOT be good for her leg, he thought in annoyance.) The two were swatting at each other, hissing and spitting, while the rain poured down harder and harder. They were all drenched, but didn't care; they simply fought on.

Obviously she was feeling quite sensitive today; perhaps it was because of the incident with Hawk that she didn't like anyone touching her in a hostile way? Whatever the reason, Wolfkit was now pinning down her beloved, long-lost sister and spitting in her face. Obviously Mint would have to interfere, or poor Splashpaw would end up with a scratched-up face along with the clawed ears and missing fur on her pelt. Before he could do anything, even step forward before breaking the fight apart, however, Wolfkit let her sister go on her own accord and pressed against Mint. He had to admit it felt nice, and any other day he would have simply wrapped his tail around her and drink in her scent, but he couldn't do that now. There was an argument to settle. (Besides, the rain pouring down made it hard to smell anything, even if Wolfkit WAS right next to him.)

"Wolfkit," Mint started sternly, pulling away slightly to gaze into her eyes. So pretty, those eyes, so full of fire . . . don't get distracted, he growled silently at himself. "Don't treat your sister like this. She cares about you, and I'm sure you're brother Wisekit - er, Wisepaw - also does. Sure, you may have been a troublesome kit back in the day you belonged to RiverClan, but you've learned your lesson, haven't you? Besides, you were only a kit back then. I know that I don't want you to go back, but I don't want you to stay here only because you felt that you didn't belong there. If you want to go back, I know that RiverClan will welcome you. You're the age of an apprentice now, and they'll understand. You're not the little immature kit you once were."

"Splashpaw." Mint wrapped his tail around Wolfkit and swiveled his gaze to her sister, who was still lying there scratched up. "It's not completely Wolfkit's fault that Wisepaw fell off the Highrock or whatever, is it? You were the ones trying to be like her. And she ran away because she felt like she didn't belong, that RiverClan knew her as the kit that always made trouble. She didn't know that you love her, that all RiverClan loved - loves - her. It's your job to show her, but you come marching in, and what do you do? Fight."

Mint sighed, shaking his head sorrowfully, and let his tail drop from Wolfkit's shoulders a little. "I'm sure neither of you meant what you said during the fight, so please, make up." Lame, but Mint never was very good at concluding speeches. He waved his tail at the two sisters.

Wolfkit drew her lips back to hiss at Mint, but stopped herself. Her quarrel wasn't with him. With a sigh, she gingerly set her leg back on the ground. She bit her tongue and quickly held it back up in the air as a sharp course of pain shot up her leg. Only her eyes showed how much it hurt, unless you noticed the little trickle of fresh blood. With another sigh and a scowl, she limped stiffly over and nudged her sister to her feet. "Sorry." She mumbled. She didn't like apologizing for things cats had coming to them anyway. "Come on, let's get out of the rain." With that she flicked her tail towards the cave under the tree and started limping agonizingly slowly towards it. She stopped and looked back at Mint. "Coming?"

Edited by LightningRip

Firespirit snuggled her kit. She felt rather happy for some reason. She stood up slowly and set some moss on her kit. She couldn't stand staying all day every day in that small den. The flame pelted cat liked her daughters head onec and started out of the den. She went torwards the freshkill pile. Just one mouse and back to the den, thats it. The she-cat looked longingly at the clan entrance. If any cat loved the wilderness it was her. If any cat couldn't stand being trapped in the clan all day it was her. Firespirit trotted torwards the entrance. Just catch one mouse and thats it! she told herself. "Ahh the fresh air" the dark tabby said. She took a long run to get that itch out of her paws and she sat down gasping. It feels good to be free again she thought. Firespirit started back torward camp.

Stormpaw trained hard with his mentor. He dashed and turned and jumped until his heart pownded harder then ever. His mentor said that he was improving well and was done for the day. 'Go have some fun' where his mentor's exact words. The gray tabby grumbled under his breath. "Go have some fun" he mimiced rudley as he walked through the forest. "I just am a hard worker, i don't need fun. And i will do ANYTHING for my clan. ANYTHING." He calmed down and slowly stalked a bird.

Arctickit shook rain off her pelt. She opened her eyes. "Mint? Wolfkit?" she mumbled. "Are you there?" Arctickit jumped up stratled. "Guys?"she msut have dozed off. She jumped out of the tree she was napping in. Arctickit gave a big yawn. She shook the mist of her pelt once again. "hrrrrm where'd they go?" she asked herself. She remembered she chosen a tree rather far away from them. "Mint? Wolfkit?"

(I'll post more chars in a sec)

Edited by Laurarockstar

Sandfur continued to follow Snowpelt's scent until she came across the stream that divided WindClan and ThunderClan. She waded across it slowly and cautiously before getting out and trying to decide which direction to go. She knew that he had disguised his scent by going into the water so she couldn't really tell which way he went. She tried going to the left, seeing what was in that direction. When she came across a patch of grass that looked a bit wet, she knew that she was going in the right direction and kept going with a smile on her face.

((Lol, now what? tongue.gif ))

Snowpelt sat impatiently((Where was he hiding anyway? ohmy.gif )) in the small bush; the cool shade had been refreshing when the sun was out, but a small breeze had whipped up, hiding the sun with clouds, and sending chills through him. He supressed a shiver impatiently, longing to flick his tail back and forth, even, any small movement to break the monotonous silence. A ways off, a bird took to the air in a flurry of movement. Sandfur was on the way.

((I FLICK MY TAIL BACK AND FORTH, I FLICK MY TAIL BACK AND FORTH tongue.gif ))

((dunno and tongue.gif))

Sandfur came across a ckearing with a lot of bushes on either side and trees behind them. She stopped in the middle of it and tried to concentrate on Snowpelt's scent and distinguish it from the others. When she thought that she found it, she went to the middle bush and saw Snowpelt there. "Hey love," she said with a small smile on her face as she lightly tapped him on the head with her tail. "You're it." With that being said, she took off running towards a deeper part of the woods, rubbing her fur on anything with a strong scent to hide her scent from Snowpelt. Or tried to anyway.

Soulkit jumped out of the nursery. Angelkit and Hazekit had been fighting lately. He was glad they made up. He spotted a moth and dropped into a very awkward hunter's crouch. He sprang at the moth and missed by an inch because it had moved. "Don't think of where your enemy is, think of where it will be," with that he trotted back into the nursery. He stretched out on a puff of warm moss. Soft sunlight streamed into the nursery and he could see the twigs rattling over his head. Soulkit was thankful he lived in the forest. He dozed of to sleep promising himself he would never leave. Soulkit's black and white flanks raised slower in the peace of sleep.

Stormpaw padded happily back into camp. He proudly held his catch. It took him long to get this plump rabbit, but he did. With no help at all! See! I knew i was a great hunter. Although lately he was being very paranoid. Every twitch of a leaf he hissed at, and once he even scared away some pray by pouncing on a swaying bush. The gray apprentice shook his pelt as if to relieve himself. He walked into the elders den to see if they had enough moss. Most apprentices hated serving the elders. But Stormpaw found it a privilege. He love hearing their stories. Sometimes he imagined himself one of those heros.

Heratpaw shoved in front of her sister. "Alright, what do you want me to do?" She flicked her tail irritably as the rain continued to fall. She didn't like being wet. "Come on, out with it already!" She hissed, flicked a water droplet off her ear.

Leopardpelt nuzzled her kits. "No one has come to see yet.." She murmured with a fretful sigh. Was it because Rippleleaf had mated with another she-cat's mate? Sureley they wouldn't hold that against the single, poor little kit it's mother had died having.. Would they? And they wouldn't hold it against her and her two kits because she took Rippleleaf's in, would they? Then she snorted. "I don't care if they do, the kits did nothign wrong and neither did I. And Rippleleaf had her faults but she was a good friend." She said defiantly.

Flamespark jumped awake and shivered. It was drafty in the nursery. Lookign around, he realized he was alone with Markedkit. "I guess I dozed off..." He mumbled to himself and looked around for Firespirit.

Edited by LightningRip

Addermouth walked around them before stopping. "What I want is this, for the two of you to betray your clans, forsake them and live as my own loyal warriors, or forsake your lives and meet a death." He sneered "Make your choice" He adjusted the way his weight was shifted, ready to pounce on one or both of the two. His eyes betrayed nothing, it was clear Addermouth was completely honest with the statement

(post with Hollowheart soon dp, just gotta finish up here first)

Firespirit walked into the nursery. "Flamespark! Your finally awake sleepy head" she happily said. The red cat swatted his head friendly. She looked at markedkit who seemed to be peacefully sleeping. "Flamespark want to come to the lake shore with me? the sunsets are said to be beautiful!" She imagined being alone with Flamespark looking over the sparkling lake. It maid her tail twitch with happiness. As she waited for Flamespark to reply she slowly moved Markedkit to a warm sunny spot in the den.

Stormpaw sat on a warm rock in camp. Nothing ever happened. nothing. He padded around camp bored. A thought crossed his mind. No i couldn't he thought. Could I? the loyal warrior wondered. No, no, no i could not. He drifted off into a lazy sleep. Stormpaw's head was filled with pretty apprentices and large fresh-kill piles.

Creamkit yawned and streached sshe heard talking and playing, being so small she had no wish to join in any of the games. She curled up tighter and slowly liked her own paws. Her creamy fluffy fur was warm from sunlight and she tolfd herself that she had enought time to play.

Edited by Laurarockstar

"Sure, but will Markedkit be aright with both of us gone? Camp is pretty empty right now..." He licked the little kit's ears. Standing and shaking the moss scraps off his pelt, he glanced outside the nursery. Where was everyone? The only two he could see where an apprentice, Stormpaw asleep near the fresh-kill pile, and Featherstreak sitting by the camp entrance.

--

Heartpaw sighed impatiently. "Yes, yes, haven't I already done that? What do you want me to DO? I'm not just gonna stand here just listening to you talk for a moon!"She stated in a matter-of-fact tone. Heartpaw wasn't one for patience anymore.

--

Mysticpaw tried to calm the instinct to turn around and run. She had to find out what her sister and he black tom were up to. "Yes, what do you want us to do?" Mysticpaw agreed. Perhaps she could learn more and run back to ThunderClan territory.. If he didn't catch her before she got there. Surely he wouldn't catch her on ThunderClan territory?

--

Wisepaw followed Lightnose and listened as she told Streampelt what burial herbs to get. "Lightnose, shouldn't we have Leopardpelt here? They were practically sisters, and she took in Rippleleaf's kit, after all.." He asked Lightnose, wondered how the little kits were doing. He glanced over his shoulder at the nursery.

--

Spottedpaw dashed back into camp with her mouth full of herbs. She spotted Gorsetail sitting by the elder's and started to dash over to her when she noticed a tiny furry shape laying still on the ground.

Gorsetail noticed Spottedpaw and looked up. "It's theymkit..he's dead I..I don't know the details, his neck's broke like a bit of freshkill..." The medicinecat's voice trailed off as she buried her head in the kit's fur grieving.

Addermouth let a low purr echo in his throat. "Just simply betray your clan and work for me..that's all, I can promise herbs in exchange, a dear badger speaking friend has told me that all of them are speaking of this leafbare being harsh, with out a good supply of catmint the odds aren't too good for the elders and kits are they?" He flicked his tail over to the catmint patch, snow was starting to cover it but the plants were still green. Glancing back at Mysticpaw he unsheathed his claws and hooked her scruff , with his other paw Addermouth pinned the young cat to the ground pressing down on her back and neck to prevent her from moving. Leaning into her ear he whispered. "Don't say I did not try to keep things civil little one, alas it would appear your fear-scent is stronger than the commonsense in your mind."

Iceheart growled, when is Gorsetail gonna get here! iceheart felt like she absolutly had to protect the little Flashkit, he wasn't born wild, and he had a much more fragile frame then the rest of the kits his age, he was like a newborn. only he could talk and walk and all that stuff. Iceheart kept licking just like Gorsetail said. Flashkit might die if Gorsetail doesn't get in here, then we'll have two deaths on the same day, nobody wants that to happen