superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

[*FACEPALM* I absolutely forgot Nightwing had siblings! Wasn't there one more? I should go back and read her past...]

Nightwing turned slowly, her head still reeling from the new information she recently obtained. " Bronzeleaf?" she spoke aloud. Yes, that seemed right... " Wh- What have you been up to?" she began, feeling extremely awkward at attempting to make small talk.

[Yeah, I 'm going to go back and read...]

(Yeah, remember Angelsong?) Bronzeleaf looked at the blue eyed black she cat as she seemed awkward. It almost seemed like Nightwing forgot his name. He blinked his golden eyes. "You forgot about me?" he meowed, looking hurt. "You forgot about your own brother?"

[Yeah, I remember Angelsong. Don't remember her mate...

GREAT. I found Silkstar's pregnancy but I couldn't find a single post with Nightwing in it... I'll go back and try again after lunch]

[edit: almost there... I found Emberkit. Was she the third sibling?]

[Edit2: actually wasn't it crow something?]

Nightwing shifted from paw to paw somewhat nervously. " Not entirely..." she began. " Look, there was an accident... I've only recently acquired my memories." she explained.

[best I can do until I find her beginning and read hundreds of pages about her...]

[edit3:FML nightwing should be a hundred moons old by now...]

[edit4: awwww I found Thunderstorm's beginning... ]

[edit5: I give up. I found out Nightwing had 3 siblings: Crowkit, Bronzekit, and Ghostkit]

[edit6: @ SF & her post below: Sorry, I meant to post more but all of that page hopping made me dizzy.]

Edited by Ladynightstalker101

[Five sentences minimum, remember~]

Lightningstreak's whiskers twitched slightly as her blush faded a bit. "If only you were a ThunderClan cat, sent to spy on us," she teased as they followed the scent trail of another mouse. "Then I would have really frightened you out of your fur, and sent you scurrying back to Spiritstar!" Lightningstar lapsed into silence as the scent grew stronger. Finally, the pair came to a large oak tree.

A small, plump mouse was nibbling on seeds on a large root, oblivious to the fact that there were two hungry hunters nearby. It's eyes were small and beady, its tail wrapped around its two hind paws. It was sitting up on its haunches, facing away from Lightningstar and Bluefur, its attention totally focused on its small snack.

"Okay," Lightningstar breathed. "You head that way" - she gestured slightly with her tail to the right - "and I'll head that way. I'll leap out and frighten it, causing it to run right into your paws." She licked her lips, almost tasting the mouse's blood in her mouth. "Ready? Go." The deputy was already creeping away, belly lowered to the ground, weaving through the grass like a snake. Her tail was hovering right above the ground, not quite touching the ground. Her black pelt was almost invisible in the tall fronds.

Angelpaw's blushed powerfully. "Actually," she started matter of factly, " i wish i was me at the moment to know what it was all about!" She had slightly lowered her voice. She and Silverpaw hadn't really talked much. Maybe once or twice she had admired his strength, and then he had started small chitchat at some points. Angelpaw never imagined that he would care much about her, or anything to do with her. "Just ignore him Hazepaw, he's just another stupid tom," she said hotly, although her tone had much improved. She didn't want her sister to have anything to do with that tom. Actually any tom. She didn't want her to get hurt. But especially that tom. "And i meant," she said referring to her previous anger "I'm not that jumpy," She held her chin high. "A future leader must be witty, determined, and know all that goes on, not shocked by a thing." She had only become so mad because she realized her sister hadn't noticed her continues effort to act more leader like.

(Should i start out making Angelpaw hate him? Or like him?

who else should i post with....

Oh well, *Goes of to read Hunger Games (Also known a the best book in history -in Laura world-))

Edited by Laurarockstar

Featherstreak jumped awake and scrambled to his feet when he heard a voice beside him. His fur lying flat again, he saw Leafspots waiting, watching him. "H-hunting? Okay... Why don't we try near the sunningrocks?" And maybe I can visit Leopardpelt! But why is Leafspots blushing so much? He tilted his head, watching the she-cat curiously. Shrugging to himself, he trotted forward and waited for her by the gorse tunnel, taking the oppurtunity to clean the dust off his pelt.

------

Moondapple watched Angelpaw and Hazepaw come walking back into the clearing. She shook her head. Sometimes she could hardly tell those two apart if they weren't so different in personality! "Hazepaw! Hazepaw!" She called, trotteing towards the to, stopping in front of her apprentice(or so she thinks, mwuahahahaha). "If you don't mind getting your pelt wet in the rain, I'll show you the borders." She said, then added. "But if you mind getting wet, you wouldn't be RiverClan, now would you? Come on, meet me at the camp entrance!" Her whiskers twitched with amusement and she pushed Hazepaw a few pawsteps with her head before bounding off towards the entrance of the camp.

------

Mysticpaw glared at this new cat. Now! With a growl, Mysticpaw leaped out of her crouch and pounded towards the ThunderClan border at full speed. "I'll never betray my clan for you crowbait!" She hissed over her shoulder. She knew even then he would be after her. She put on a burst of speed and jetted over the border before skidding to a halt, breathing hard. She hid herself behind a tall rock and waited for him to catch up. He could always follow her scent, she was just a few pawsteps over the border. But surely he wouldn't cross out of ShadowClan territory? Right? For the first time, real fear struck Mysticpaw. If he was dead enough to betray StarClan and all of the cats he grew up with.. What would a simple clan boundary mean to him?

------

Splashpaw hissed and flattened her ears, dropping into a crouch, as another cat slightly younger than her, her sister, and Mint dashed up. "Who is SHE?" She asked, looking at her sister. Just as Wolfkit opened her mouth, Splashkit gasped. "Artickit?! You disappeared right when Wolfkit did!" She said, astonished to find her here as well. Wolfkit explained how Artickit had followed her. "I see." Splashkit said. "As much as I want to stay with you Wolfkit, I must return and tell everyone in RiverClan." She touched noses with her sister, their fight forgotten except Wolfkit's leg and the clumps of fur he rown pelt was missing. Trotting to the river, she leaped to a stone a couple tailengths out. It was the deepest and widest part of the river here, but she didn't see any other place with stones or a log to cross with. "Goodbye Wolfki-" Her foot slipped on the next stone and Splashkit splashed into the middle of the river. She dissapeared totally underwater. With a gasp, she shot back up, gasping for air, but all she got was a gurgle of water. And then she dissapeared back under. "Wolfkit!" She screamed the next time she came up, managing to catch a bit of breath before she was sucked under again. Trying to swim back up, she was caught by the ripcurrent and swirled around underwater, her lungs soon depleted of air. The river was swollen and dangerous from the storm, which was still raging, but she hadn't thought of that before trying to cross. Splashkit thought foggily that she didn't think any even RiverClan cat could manage to swim very well in this.

------

Wolfkit screamed her sister's name. "I-I have to get her!" She ran towards the river as fast as she could with her leg bleeding fresh blood, suprised that Mint didn't try and stop her. Reaching the edge, she launched herself into the river after taking a deep breath of air. Immediately, she was sucked up into a strong current and knocked against wood and other things flooded into the river. With a swirl of bubbles, the last of the breath was knocked out of her, and she turned, realizing it was her sister she had hit. Wolfkit grabbed her by the scruff and tried to pull them up. With Wolfkit gasping and trying as hard as she could, she emerged beside a stepping stone and tried to pull them up, but the current was too strong and pulled them back in. Wolfkit felt her lungs be drained of oxygen as her energy was sapped by the raging torrent of water coming at her from all sides. I'm not going to make it. She thought. Mint.. They have to help me or.. Her vision blurred a little bit as she gasped for air and only sucked in water and she lost hold of her sister.

Edited by LightningRip

Addermouth hissed at the one cat's attempt to get away. He felt his body tense the same way it had when he killed Forsettrender's brother. He let a yowl out and ran after her his claws out gaining on the apprentice. his nose told Addermouth that they'd passed the Thunderclan boarder , he wasn't in his own territory anymore. Stopping he stood still lifted his head up to shy sky and paused listening. A sound to his left alerted him of the apperentice's location. Mouse brained fool, do they teacher their kits to alert the entire forest to their location? She should have controlled her breather better.. he lowered himself in a hunting crouch using what cover there was to hide him and stalked around the tree throwing himself at her. Catching a hold of her fur he sneered. "Looks like my lucky day, what a catch, too bad I'm not sharing with the clan. No you're crowbait yourself, yet a decent meal to a badger." With out giving the cat a chance to reply he dragged her over the bouder back to shadowclan, biting down hard enough on her to draw blood, she wasn't getting away this time. Once they got to Zero's den he dropped Mysticpaw and put his full body weight on her body pinning her before looking in the den. "Dinner time" Was all he said

(once he kills her it's off to shadowclan again)

[Nuuu... Angelpaw should <3 him already! D: Hazepaw first, then Leafspots, then Mint... gah]

Hazepaw glanced over at her sister and smirked slightly when she saw her blush. Yes, there was definitely something going on between the two apprentices - Hazepaw didn't care what her sister said. "It's hard to ignore a tom when he's hitting on you," Hazepaw piped up at Angelpaw's comment that she should ignore him. There was a mischievous twinkle in the gray-furred apprentice's blue eyes but she knew better than to keep talking and lapsed into silence. A moment later she opened her mouth again. "Yes, Angelpaw. I know you're doing your best to become a great leader.

"But hey, we're just apprentices." Hazepaw shrugged. "Apprentices have to have their fun, too, besides just training. I mean, we have moons and moons before we're warriors. And Silverpaw really likes you. I can tell." She blinked up at her sister through her long eyelashes, trying to hide the fact that she was a bit jealous. What must it feel like, Hazepaw wondered to herself, to be liked and wanted by a tom cat?

A moment later Moondapple came up to her and Hazepaw held her breath. She released it in a whoosh as her mentor padded up to Angelpaw, exchanged a few words, then walked away again. Yes! It worked! Silverpaw forgotten, Hazepaw turned to her sister, eyes shining. "Go ahead, Angelstar, and see the territory. It'll be your territory in a few seasons!"

They were gone. Pumpkin was alone, and alive. She picked herself up off the ground, and went into the trees. They thought she was dead, and now she was alone. She realized that she didn't know why she had wanted this so badly. She knew she couldn't go back there. She walked along a small stream, and found a log to lie inside. The scratch on her belly was still bleeding, and Pumpkin felt weak. She knew the end was near.

((short post is the best I could come up with))

[Don’t worry, Lady. If Night is a hundred moons, Timber and Spirit and Jade, etc. have to be a thousand moons. xd.png]

It’s true. He’s returned to the Clans. Echospirit studied Ninjablade with her strange coloured eyes. For a moment, she considered jumping for joy. No way. Ninjablade will think you’ve gone crazy. “You’ve returned,” she meowed in a flat, emotionless voice. She cracked a smile. “Ninjablade, you’ve come back.” Her voice was slightly more emotional this time, like peeling back a wet leaf to see a burst of flowers. She blinked fiercely, holding back the sudden stinging in her eyes. No way. I can’t be crying. Rogue incarnations don’t cry, she scolded herself as the pain went away. She must have just imagined it. She tried not to fidget as she faced Ninjablade. She may have dared to hope he’d come back when he had disappeared, but… now what? Had he changed? Say something!

[Remind me… who else do I need to post with? xd.png Oh yeah, the newly minimized Dovepaw. I'll get there in a moment and start getting her to tease Silver. :3]

Edited by Hollyleaf

[nomnomnom alot.pngalot.png]

Ninjablade froze for a moment. Was it Echospirit? A sense of joy and foreboding filled him. " What do you mean I've returned?" he scoffed, straightening himself out, and sat regally with his glance slightly looking down his muzzle. He only came up to about her chest. Curse his height... " I've always been out and about, I've just grown slightly tired of a mundane existence and have decided to rustle up some old connections." he finished, thinking of how swimmingly his experiment with Nightwing was going. " In my opinion it is I who should be asking about your whereabouts. I had always assumed you possessed a tenacious grip pertaining to trouble." he chuckled deeply.

[Timber is dead. He was deputy for eight months poor guy... I mean human months by the way. Actually, wasn't he supposed to get together with Jade or something? Bah. At any rate I think my oldest character now is Ninjablade...]

alot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.png

Angelpaw almost hissed at her sister in embarrassment. GAH! she thought to herself. Why couldn't Hazepaw mind her own business. Then she remembered it was her own fault from the beginning for deciding to switch places then and there. She just pushed Silverpaw out of her mind. Future leaders cant be distracted by love or any sort of stupid emotion.

She nodded hello to Moondaple, for a second wondering why she had started talking to her instead of Hazepaw. Then before she said anything stupid she remembered she was Hazepaw! Angelpaw smiled as Hazepaw's mentor walked away.

Silverpaw popped back into her mind as if mocking her. She suddenly became angry at the tom for ever talking to her! Another distraction to keep her away from her duty. It was as if the whole clan didn't want her to fulfill her destiny. Angelpaw stared at her sister. Jealousy was hidden behind her eyes. She could tell when her own sister was like this. She ignored her sister's obvious feelings for Silverpaw. She could have him! She thought to herself angrily.

Hazepaw snapped her out of her thoughts. "oh...ya....sure....let,me uhm, do that...." Angelpaw said wanting to kick herself about thinking about Silverpaw. It could never be and she had to except that. She didn't want to talk about Silverpaw anymore, or even think about him! "Thanks," she wispered to Hazepaw for letting them swich places. She trotted over to Moondapple.

((Okay, she loves him, but she doesn't want to because she thinks it will affect her being leader. Good?))

((Oh, and does Haze want to come with them, or will Onion take her out?)

Edited by Laurarockstar

[Good =3 Holly, you need to post as Hollyspirit. <3 I mean, how could you forget? xd.png Oh, and, what do you mean by "by ourselves without mentors"? Moondapple wanted Angelpaw/"Hazepaw" to go with her to see the territory.]

Leafspots felt her fur lie flat with relief. Featherstreak had accepted her request to go hunting. She felt giddy with happiness, although she didn't quite know why this mattered so much to her. It was just a simple hunting trip with a friend, wasn't it? "Yes," Leafspots replied, tail curled up neatly in excited happiness. "Sunningrocks is fine with me. Hopefully they'll be more mice here. We'll be lucky to find a vole in this leaf-bare."

The ThunderClan warrior turned on her heel and padded toward the camp entrance, tail kinked high over her back. She pushed through the bramble barrier and stopped by the foot of a large oak tree to wait for Featherstreak, large green eyes shining. The chilly breeze whipped her whiskers against her face, the cold bringing color rushing to her cheeks.

[Mint next]

[Hippo. :3 Ninja is shorter than Echo? That has to be pretty sad- Echo is at least five moons younger than he is. xd.png Maybe even six or seven. D’oh, Peanut. I forgot. |D As soon as we get Echo and Tawny back to camp, we’ll get the ceremony done for ShadowClan.]

Echospirit drew herself up and stared down at Ninjablade. “I’ve been doing plenty while you were getting yourself acquainted with old friends. I’m sure they were all rogues, perhaps? Loners?” She smirked, but her eyes were light. She took another step closer. “So how have you been? Good hunting?” she inquired, feeling her soft, gray tabby fur fluff up like a cloud. Stay down! She casually smoothed it down with a paw and steadied her lashing tail.

Hollyspirit nudged Rabbitstripe, shivering as she made contact. It’s just a cat. You nudge your friends all the time, she scolded herself. Yush, but this is Rabbitstripe, idiot. She whipped her tail around to her flank and lightly sank her claws into it. It pinched. Hollyspirit winced, but she was focused again. “Okay, come on. Start moving before we lose it, lazybones. Lift your tail a bit when you’re ready by that tree and then I’ll jump out.” She poked him again with a paw, then crept down to the bush. She could already taste the delicious rabbit on her tongue. It’s for the Clan, not you, silly.

“Thetakit! Sigmakit! It is now time for you to become apprentices!” Spiritstar announced with joy. He beckoned the two kits forward. “By naming apprentices, we show that ThunderClan will survive and remain strong. From this moment on, until Thetakit has earned his warrior name, this apprentice will be known as Thetapaw. Jadeshine, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You will be mentor to Thetapaw. Jadeshine, you have shown yourself to be a warrior of courage and compassion. I'm sure you will pass on all you know to this apprentice." The new mentor and apprentice touched noses. Spiritstar turned to Sigmakit. “Sigmakit, from this moment on, you will be known as Sigmapaw. Leafspots, you are now ready to pass on your hard-won skills. You will mentor Sigmapaw. Leafspots, you are a brave and strong warrior. Pass on your knowledge to your new apprentice.” He let the pair touch noses, then led the cheering. Another pair of warriors for ThunderClan. They will be strong, fine cats. May they live for many years and be bold in their ventures. "One last thing." The assembled cats paused. "Badgerstripe wishes to become an elder. Badgerstripe, is it your wish to give up the name of warrior and go to join the elders?

Badgerstripe replied with dignity, "It is."

Spiritstar meowed, "ThunderClan honours you and all the service you have given us. I call upon StarClan to give you many seasons of rest."

Edited by Hollyleaf

[Hey David

Yeah?

I've got cake.

WOOHOO! alot.png]

[Yeah, Ninjablade is a runt, didnchaknow?]

[@Holly: what's going on with Thunder/Golden/Tawny?]

Ninjablade wrinkled his nose and stepped around Echospirit who was getting a little too close for comfort. " For your information," he began, licking his right paw, " I've moved up a bit. I'm currently corrupting a clan cat." He ran his paw over his ears. " So, really, not much to tell you of. Hunting's fine. She's fine. One big happy family." he concluded before turning around. " What sort of "plenty" have you been up to?" he inquired simply to continue small talk. He was not actually interested in what she ahd to say, unless it involved some devious scheme. Then perhaps he could bring himself to pay attention to her ramblings.

Thetapaw smiled as his sister bounced around with joy. " Honestly, Sigmapaw, you'll pull a joint if you keep that up." he chided, secretly just wanting to see how their new names felt on his tongue.

Being the observant twin she was, she picked up on his intention. " Isn't this EXCITING, Thetapaw? Thetapaw. Theeeeetaaaaaapppaaaaaaaw. Sigmapaw? Sigmapaw. Sigmapaw!" she squealed.

Edited by Ladynightstalker101

Strompaw woke up. His pelt was wet with droplets. He shighed shakily. Honeypaw and Sootpaw where gone. But he had to get by. Thats what they would have wanted. He walked to the middle of camp. Not everyone was mourning, only a few friends of Sootpaw and Honeypaw. He slowly walked to his mentor. "Stormpaw, i'm sorry." his mentor said. Stormpaw sighed. "I'm okay," he said. They walked out of camp in silence.

[Onion will take her out later. I'll post after I'm done with everyone... ;__; Oh and Light check the OOC before you post anything with Featherstreak!!]

Mint blinked a greeting to Arctickit, but otherwise his attention stayed focused on the conversation between Wolfkit and her sister. To his relief, the two seemed to have forgotten their brief argument - except for Wolfkit's injured leg and Splashpaw's missing fur, of course. "Come back any time," Mint purred when Splashpaw announced that she was leaving to tell everyone in RiverClan. He waved his tail as she lightly stepped on the first stepping stone, hopping to the next, and the next - and slipped.

A thousand thoughts ran through Mint's mind while a thousand expressions crossed his face: surprise, shock, horror. The river isn't safe . . . the rain has made it overflow . . . obviously the stepping stones were loose because of the slippery mud . . . his mind raced and raced, while he stood there, frozen in shock. Fur brushed against his as Wolfkit leaped past him to go rescue her sister. No! Wolfkit! Mint blinked his eyes - once, twice - and forced his shocked paws to move.

He wouldn't let her go into that mess, especially not with that injured leg. Mint shook his head, hard, to clear it of the fog, and galloped after Wolfkit. He threw himself into the raging river, gasping for breath as the icy water drenched his skin. "Wolfkit!" That sounded like Splashpaw, screaming for her sister. Mint could only hope that Wolfkit found her still conscious. They would have a better chance of survival together rather than alone.

Mint caught a glance of Wolfkit's fur. Using almost all of the strength in his paws, he threw his legs forward and, using strong strokes, made his way to where he thought he saw the fur. Here goes nothing, the rogue cat thought grimly as he went underwater, searching for his friend's body. There! Mint threw himself forward and grasped onto Wolfkit's scruff, pulling upward with all his might. Finally he broke free of the water and tried to tread water while keeping both of them afloat, being washed along by the strong river current.

Wait . . . both of them? Where was Splashpaw? Oh, no, Mint thought.

Arctickit relaxed when she came over to Mint and Wolfkit. She quietly watched as the other apprentice, Splashpaw, went away on the stones. She then noticed how small the stones where. The river was flooding?! this wasn't safe, not safe at all! Then it happened. The raging river carried Splashpaw away. Then Wolfkit jumped in! She became frantic. She knew if she jumped in she would die, even if she was a born swimmer, Mint, Wolkit, and Splashkit where twice her size. She did what she always did when something bad happened. Arctickit watched with her mouth half open, shock flashing on her face, and her claws flexing into the ground. Then before she knew it Mint went to the rescue. She went to side of the river quickly. Still not knowing what to do, because Mint had gotten Wolfkit, and Splashpaw was nowhere in sight.

"Hi Moondapple!" Angelpaw said trotting next to her mentor. "I can't wait to see everything," she said happily. Hazepaw would have been like that. Right? She filled her mind with all of Hazepaw's ticks, daily actions, tone of voice, and attitude. She then realized that she didn't know much about her sister. As annoyance with herself spread through her face, she turned her head away so Moondapple wouldn't see. Come on Angel, you can do it! she cheered herself on. The she flicked her tail torwards Hazepaw in sort of a distressed manner. Then she shoo her head and smiled fondly at her mentor.

Edited by Laurarockstar

Rabbitstripe felt the fur burn where she had nudged him. It had been just a friendly gesture, barely making contact, but still . . . focus, he commanded himself fiercely. The rabbit could bolt away any moment. Luckily, when he got all of his attention focused back on the hunt, the rabbit was still there. "Sure thing," Rabbitstripe hissed, playfully narrowing his eyes as Hollyspirit called him a lazybones and poked his flank. Again, the fur burned where she had touched him; it was a pleasant sort of burn, and he smiled slightly to himself as he crouched, flattening himself against the ground, and stalked to the tree.

Rabbitstripe reached the tree and knelt down in the tall fronds of the grass, eyes fixed on the rabbit. He glanced over at Hollyspirit and raised his tail a few inches, only just clearing the top of the grass so it was only his tail that was visible. To the rabbit, it would seem as if an odd furry-looking branch was sticking out of the grass - but it wasn't looking, so Rabbitstripe didn't have to worry about that right now.

[My posts are getting shorter ;__;]

"Sure, but will Markedkit be aright with both of us gone? Camp is pretty empty right now..." He licked the little kit's ears. Standing and shaking the moss scraps off his pelt, he glanced outside the nursery. Where was everyone? The only two he could see where an apprentice, Stormpaw asleep near the fresh-kill pile, and Featherstreak sitting by the camp entrance.

"Let me think," Firespirit said. She didn't want to leave her kit alone. "Stormpaw!" She dashed out of the den. "Stormpaw!" she said as she caught up to the apprentice heading torwards the entrence. He paused and look at her. "Ya, Firespirit?" he said. Firespirit and him where close friends. "Do youy want to watch Markedkit?" she asked. "Heh, wel i kinda-" Stormpaw started. "Pleeeeeaaaaaase? Please Stormpaw!!!" she inturupted. He narrowed his eyes to grumpy slits. "Fine," he grumbled and started torward the den. "Thanks Stormpaw!" she happily said. Stormpaw turned back to her.

"Are you sure your ready Firespirit?"

"Ready for what?"

"For a kit! Obviously, you can't sit still"

Firespirit got angered. "Of corse i'm ready! You don't tell me what to do apprentice!" Her hot headedness got the best of her again.

"Fine!"

"FINE!"

Stormpaw quitley slipped into the den. He sat next to the kit. "I feel stupid," he grumbled. "You look stupid too!" Firespirit laughed. "Thanks again Stormpaw, come on Flamespark!"

((lol on colorfull post))

Hazepaw watched as Angelpaw padded after Moondapple. She felt a twinge of jealousy as the two left. Of course, she wanted her sister to become the best leader ever, but she really liked Moondapple. What would it be like, Hazepaw wondered, to have Moondapple as a mentor and nothing changed? The gray-furred apprentice sighed as her head swiveled around, looking for Onionfur. Her gaze darted around the camp and finally rested on Angelpaw's mentor, who looked a little lost. Here goes nothing, Hazepaw thought dryly, trotting over.

"Hey, Onionfur," Hazepaw meowed, trying to make herself look a little shy. She looked up at her sister's mentor out of the corner of her eye, fluttering her eyelashes slightly in a very Angelpaw-ish way. "What are we doing today? Hunting? Battle training? Seeing the territory?" Please let it be exciting, Hazepaw begged silently.

Streampelt finished eating her thrush and startied to eat her vole. As she ate she wondered if Jaystar wanted to go on either a border or hunting patrol with her but she was a bit too embarrassed to ask. After she finished the vole she gained enough courage to go over to him and ask, "Hey Jaystar would you like to go on either a hunting or border patrol with me?" She figured that this would be a good way to possibly get used to each other more like feel more comfortable in each others company instead of seeing glances of each other and not really talking at all. She hoped that this would work out since she really really liked him but she was worried that he might not feel the same about her.

[Finally. I remembered to RP Lightnose.]

Lightnose squeezed through the RiverClan camp entrance to go find Coralpoint. She shied away from having to tell Rippleleaf's mate about her tragic passing, but it needed to be done by some cat. At the moment, the medicine cat really didn't have anything to do - Streampelt and the others had sorted out the herbs just fine. Jaystar had already announced Rippleleaf's death to the Clan. In a moment the Clan would hold vigil for her and the elders would bury her. Lightnose hoped Coralpoint would be there, even if he couldn't care less.

Lightnose sniffed a bush with a trace of fur on it. Coralpoint, she thought. "Yes," the old medicine cat breathed. She had found the scent trail. A moment later Lightnose came upon a log with Coralpoint sitting on it, staring off into space. "Hello, Coralpoint," she meowed, dipping her head slightly in greeting. "I have come to bring bad news . . . Rippleleaf has died." No point in easing into it, she reasoned.

Soulkit rolled onto his back getting leaves stuck in his fur. Then half out of boredom, he hid in some bushes and spied at Hazepaw. He still didn't think it was fair that they got apprenticed first! So what if he was younger, he was just as strong and dependable! "Just a few more moons Soulkit, then you'll catch up!" he told himself.

Frostpaw yawned and stretched. Her fur was soggy, she always woke up like that. Mostly because she insisted on sleeping in the weakest part of the apprentice den. She would kill herself if any other friend or family member died of cold. She would feel like she let them down, like she had let down Mosskit and Stonekit. They where her two siblings who died of cold.

Edited by Laurarockstar

Coralpoint heard his name. He looked up to see one of his clan mates standing there talking to him.

"Rippleleaf has died The cat told him.

"Who?" Coralpoint asked.

He'd never heard of such a cat in his life! Or maybe he had, he just didn't remember. He flopped back down on the log, to dream of the day when Poppytide would have kits with him again. He had once, and he didn't see the pressing reason why he couldn't again. Coralpoint wanted kits, and he was going to get them. He had loved Poppytide since he could remember, back to the days when they were 5 moons old, 32 moons ago. He would have kits with her again someday, but right now, he was going to have kits with some one and he didn't care who.

((will post with Onion later))