superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

Goldendawn rolled his eyes as Thunderstorm threatened him, twitching his tail in annoyance. "That time was a mistake!" he teased, then swayed his tail again. The tom went to the fresh kill pile and tossed an adder at him. "There we go!"

((LOL I know right?))

Thunderstorm sniffed it cautiously, then grinned at Goldendawn. " I'm sure it was." he mumbled. Only it sounded more like " I'm foor id waz" through a mouthful of adder. He gobbled the rest up quickly and smacked his lips. " Look at that. There's hope for you yet." he teased, bumping shoulders with the tom. " Maybe one day you'll be as good as me!" he exclaimed and laughed. Edited by Ladynightstalker101

((Lady, the color yellow blinds me o_o xd.png))

Goldendawn took another snake from the fresh kill pile as he listened to Thunderstorm. He rolled his amber colored eyes. "I'm already better than you," he growled playfully, smirking and lashing his tail. "Just look at that! Snakes for all of the Clan." he blinked his eyes. "Sure is different when Tawnysk... I mean Tawnystar is our leader."

[i know xd.png BWAHAHAHAHA]

Thunderstorm paused mid chew. He pondered what Goldendawn said for a moment then swallowed the food in his mouth. " A bit, yeah." He licked his lips and looked to the sky. " I don't know. I suppose I'm somewhat use to it because my mo- aunt was leader." He looked at Goldendawn and smirked. " What, you got a thing for her or something?" he teased, waggling his eyebrows.

[Cat eyebrows... teehee]

Goldendawn flicked his tail back and forth when Thunderstorm spoke. "I do not." he replied, sticking his nose up in the air with confidance. "I have my sights on another she cat. Tawnystar could be yours," he nudged the tom back. "Unless another tom beats you to her."

Thunderstorm blushed and shoved Goldendawn a little harder than he had intended too. " What are you talking about? Like I care." he rambled, then stuffed his face with another snake. " So want to go hunting later?" he gushed, trying to change to subject.

[i'm pretty sure last time Tawny and Thunder were almost together...?

@Holly: You still want them to get together?]

[Yeah, TawnyxThunder, and GoldenxSoul. Poor Golden. He doesn't have a pairing. Dx] Goldendawn purred when he had seen Thunderstorm's blush, but it was cut short when he was shoved roughly. Seems like Thunderstorm was embarressed. No worry. He wasn't going to bother him anymore. Blinking when he heard about hunting, he nodded. "Okay!" he meowed, licking his chest fur. "We could patrol around the border as we hunt."

[Zomg soul!!! Want me to bring her back? She could've taken a little trip back home or something... I'm planning on having other cats brought in so it would be short before I kill her off... I could have my planned kits be her children...]

Thunderstorm snorted and finished off his snake. Condescending prat... he chuckled to himself. " Alright, You want to go now? I don't think this clan will survive if you keep me near the fresh kill pile any longer."

[WARNING: long post ahead]

Hazekit was bowing her head in sorrow, her heart feelings heavy yet light at the same time as she had finally gotten over apologizing to her sister. Now her heart ached to know what her sister thought; would she hate Hazekit forever or accept her apology? To her surprise, the fluffy gray kit felt a gentle, playful cuff around her ear. Angelkit...? What...? Hazekit looked up, confused and puzzled and more than a little worried, only to find her sister laughing softly while tears streamed down her face. Angelkit asked her if she had ever told her sister, once even, about waking up from a dream where she was medicine cat. "Well, no," Hazekit replied uncertainly, wondering where this was going. "Not that I know of. But then again, you could have woken up from a medicine cat dream, and forget to tell me about it later . . . " Even as she said it, the kit knew it wasn't true. Her sister had one of the best memories of any cat she knew (and even though Hazekit only knew the warriors and queens in her own Clan, Angelkit still had a brilliant memory) and besides, Angelkit always told Hazekit of her dreams as soon as she woke up.

The fluffy gray kit trailed off and sat in a stunned silence as her sister continued in a happy, quivering voice. Finally, the white she-kit dropped the last bomb: she wanted to be leader, not a medicine cat. Hazekit stared at her sister in shock. Did she really not know her that well? It all came clear now; her sister was always such a natural leader, rather than a quiet medicine cat, content to do nothing much more than sort herbs. Angelkit said more, but Hazekit didn't hear it; she was too busy thinking, her mind racing as the puzzle became clear.Yes, yes, it all became clear. The two sisters were destined for power in RiverClan, Hazekit to be her sister Angelkit's loyal deputy. Angelstar; it had a beautiful ring to it, and just as she thought that, her sister meowed, "The story of Angelstar's prophecy!" Hazekit smiled slightly; her sister's and her thoughts were almost always closely linked, and the often thought of the same thing at the same time and blurted out the same words at the same time.

For example, Angelkit must also have thought of the Hazekit-being-her-deputy thing, and now launched into one of her favorite pastimes of all time - a role playing game of leader and deputy against a different Clan, usually ShadowClan. Hazekit loved it also, and often played along; they had great fun fighting invisible, imaginary enemies. Following her sister's lead, the fluffy gray she-kit walked over to the nest in the farthest corner of the small den and tried to look as intimidating as she could, which wasn't as hard as you would expect considering she was just a kit. After all, Hazekit was almost apprentice-age and most of her new-born kit fluff had turned into short fur . . . well, okay, it was still fluffy, but that was just natural for Hazekit.

Ignoring her kit-ness, she straightened herself up and glared down at the piece of moss, imagining herself towering over the frightened ShadowClan leader. "Yes, we do, Angelstar," Hazekit - er, Hazeclaw - replied to her sister's inquiry with a wink of her own. "What exactly have your warriors been doing on our territory?" She paused and glanced over at her sister, waiting for her to continue. Hazekit was used to following Angelkit's lead in these games; her sister's natural leadership always took over, and it was easier when Hazekit didn't have to worry about what she would make the other, imaginary character say next and if it would make Angelkit upset because she had been planning something else. The white kit always came up with good ideas.

Just then, Hazekit heard Jaystar's loud voice summoning the Clan to a Clan meeting. Excitement ran through her veins, and a small thrill ran down her spine. When was the last time the leader had held a ceremony? Certainly back when Hazekit and Angelkit were still meweing kits. "I wonder what the ceremony's about," she commented absentmindedly to her sister, the game they were playing forgotten. Suddenly it dawned on her. The two sisters were six moons, ready to become apprentices . . . it must be their apprentice ceremony!! Hazekit's eyes widened immediately in understanding. "Hurry, Angelkit! It's our apprentice ceremony! We wouldn't want to be late to it!" Without waiting for a reply, the fluffy gray she-kit (although not for long anymore!) shot out of the nursery and arrived, panting, near the bottom of the fallen rock, where cats were already beginning to gather.

Suddenly doubt coursed through Hazekit's mind, drowning out the excitement and happiness. What if she was wrong? What if this wasn't her and her sister's apprentice ceremony, after all? It would look very bad if she had just run out here for no apparent reason . . . kits weren't allowed at Clan ceremonies. She was so frightened and worried by this that she barely noticed Angelkit arriving next to her, white fur fluffed out and wiggling slightly in excitement. When she DID notice, she just felt guilty for leaving her sister back there in the nursery.

But all thoughts were wiped clean from her mind as Jaystar looked down at the two sisters, a kind and approving expression in his eyes. He beckoned to them with his tail, and Hazekit felt relief run through her as well as the former excitement again. She had been right, not wrong. This was it - her sister's and her training to become loyal, strong warriors of RiverClan were about to officially begin. This was where Angelstar's and her loyal deputy Hazeclaw's prophecy was about to begin. This was a big step in destiny . . . well, at least Hazekit was determined for it to be.

She heard Jaystar begin the meeting with a short, sorrowful announcement about Rippleleaf's death that diminished her excitement and pure joy a little. Hazekit remembered the kind, gentle warrior with a pang, having stirred up memories of her younger kit days when a pregnant Rippleleaf would play moss-ball with her and her sister. Rippleleaf had always encouraged Angelkit to seek out her destiny and use her determination, and Hazekit that she would become a great warrior. Jaystar paused, and Hazekit took the moment to bow her head respectfully in memory of the sweet she-cat.

Then Jaystar continued, his eyes upon the two sisters, and Hazekit felt the now-familiar thrill of excitement run through her veins yet again. Even Rippleleaf's death couldn't diminish the thought that now she, Hazekit, and her sister, Angelkit, would now be doing something to finally help their Clan and learning the ways of the warrior code they would soon live by. The leader gave the two their new names - Angelpaw and Hazepaw - and their mentors, Onionfur and Moondapple. Moondapple! The newly named Hazepaw grinned, excited. Moondapple was a kind warrior, strong and loyal, and she was nice, too. Hazepaw didn't know Onionfur as well, but she knew Moondapple had feelings for the tomcat, and Moondapple wouldn't like someone who wasn't worth it, would she?

Hazepaw pushed away her thoughts and scanned the crowd for her new mentor, heart racing. Where was she? Finally, Moondapple's face emerged as she made her way through the crowd of cats cheering the two new apprentices' names. Hazepaw stretched her neck forward and upward to touch noses with Moondapple, eyes shining and finding her expression - pleasant surprise - reflected in the older she-cat's face. Her new mentor murmured that she was sure Hazepaw would do great - as if she needed reassurance! she thought, almost indignantly - and that Moondapple was honored to be Hazepaw's mentor.

"Thanks," Hazepaw meowed, very aware that it was a stupid thing to say but not knowing what else to say. Her head was giddy and felt light from happiness and joy, and she turned to look over at her sister, who was likewise exchanging words with her new mentor and touching her nose to Onionfur's. "Excuse me for just a second," Hazepaw told Moondapple, then padded over to nuzzle her sister's cheek. "We're apprentices!" she exclaimed, her eyes glowing with happiness. "Finally! Congratulations, Angelpaw," Hazepaw added with a wink.

[*faints* That is a huge post. xd.png By the way, Lady, Tawnysky is still Tawnysky in leadership; I had Silkstar 'want it that way' because Tawny's name is too awesome to put a 'star' in it. It also sounds kind of funny. o.O And about TawnyxThunder, we'll keep going. And Echo and Ninja, Falling and Night, we'll continue that too, yes? :3]

Tawnysky studied her paws and sighed. It was still hard to believe Thundestorm and Goldendawn, her childhood friends, had come back. I thought of them everyday... She looked out over the camp from her den. She could see them tussling beside the fresh-kill pile, eyes shining. You should be down there... A twisted purr was wrenched from her throat. I am leader. How can I keep up such a relaxed relationship with cats that are almost as close as my brothers? She turned to face the nursery as Thunderstorm lifted his head. "It doesn't matter," she told herself. It just doesn't matter. She pasted a smile on her face and bounded down to the fresh-kill pile. She still felt torn inside.

"Hey guys!" Tawnysky meowed with as much cheer as she could muster. She shifted from paw to paw. "How are you guys doing?" she asked, forcing herself to stay still. For StarClan's sake, these are your best friends! Calm down.

[sorry this took so long. Rabbitstripe up next]

Lightnose dipped her head slightly, eyes shining in gratefulness and, behind that, sorrow for Rippleleaf's death. "As Rippleleaf's medicine cat and yours along with the rest of RiverClan, I thank you." She hoped fervently that it didn't sound too strong for such a small task, but it did express her gratitude. Besides, nothing sounded really strange for an extremely old medicine cat who had been in the job long enough to gain everyone's respect. Lightnose raised her head again and looked at Streampelt, who was smiling back at her. She forced a smile, but it was half-hearted, just as she could tell the other she-cat's smile was. The medicine cat didn't comment on it, however; that would have been embarrassing, and Streampelt already had to deal with enough already, what with the loss of a close friend.

Lightnose had noted her apprentice Wisepaw listening attentively as she listed out the herbs - rosemary, mint, and other fragrant plants - and turned to him now. She was about to praise him for listening - she planned on telling him that he would make a much better apprentice than she had been in her old days; a little humor here in these sad times would be nice - but he beat her to it. Well, not exactly for praising himself - after all, that would sound weird, not to mention kind of self-centered - but to speaking. Lightnose tilted her head slightly as her apprentice suggested that they go ask Leopardpelt next. Of course! the medicine cat thought, wondering why she hadn't thought of that idea earlier. Her head must have been muddled - perhaps it was because of her worrying that she would ask the wrong people while Jaystar was depending on her.

Like Wisepaw said, the two - Leopardpelt and Rippleleaf - were almost sisters, and Leopardpelt must be grieving right now, even when she had kits depending on her, including Rippleleaf's newborn. Leopardpelt must be aching to help in any way, and helping to gather herbs for Rippleleaf's burial would be something she would feel grateful to help in some way about, even if it was a small task. "Yes, you're right," Lightnose meowed with a small smile. Having an apprentice really was helpful, and she felt honored that she would be able to mentor an apprentice that would someday be a great addition to RiverClan. "Leopardpelt would be a great cat to ask," the medicine cat continued, following Wisepaw's gaze as it drifted off toward the nursery.

Lightnose guessed that Wisepaw was wondering how the kits were doing right now, and aching to visit them. She opened her mouth to speak, but again someone beat her to it. This time it was Thrushpaw. Apparently the young apprentice wanted to help, and Lightnose smiled to herself at the though of another young cat who would later grow up to be a great, loyal addition to his Clan. Most of the other apprentices were lying around, soaking up the sun, or playing their own little games, but not Thrushpaw. Obviously the Clan came first for him, and he wanted to help in any way he could. "Thank you," the medicine cat meowed, nodding at Thrushpaw in return to his dipping her head to her. A nice show of respect, Lightnose thought to herself. I don't get as much of that nowadays as I should. "Yes, you can help. Excuse me, I'll be just a second," she added, gesturing with her tail to Wisepaw to come to her side.

Lightnose bent her head slightly to her apprentice's eye level and meowed, "Would you mind if, as one of your first duties as my apprentice, you went and asked Leopardpelt alone? I have to help Thrushpaw with the herbs and teach him the ways of the burial, but I also have to have some cat ask Leopardpelt to help with Rippleleaf's herbs and burial." She nodded, then opened her mouth to speak again as something else came to her mind. "Oh, and could you also check on the newborn kits? I'm pretty sure they're fine with Leopardpelt, but you can never be too sure." Lightnose hesitated for a moment, wondering if there was anything she had missed - she was quite paranoid at the moment, as this was one of her apprentice's first important tasks.

Satisfied that Wisepaw would know everything he had to do, she turned away back to Thrushpaw. "Sorry about that," the medicine cat meowed lightly. "What were we saying? You wanted to help? Oh, that would be great, as right now Wisepaw and I have our paws full. We would welcome another set of paws to help gather burial herbs for Rippleleaf; you must have heard about her death." Lightnose paused a moment in respectful memory of the sweet, gentle, kind warrior, eyes darkening in sorrow. She would miss Rippleleaf in the days to come, she knew. Shaking the thoughts and sorrow away - the Clan needed her right now, not a moping, useless medicine cat lost in grief - Lightnose continued speaking. "I'll teach you the herbs you need to gather; Leopardpelt and Streampelt can help you find them." She promptly listed out the herbs.

((Lololol y'all are making me bust out laughign every time you describe Rippleleaf tongue.gif She WAS very fond of those that got to her heart, but she was very ambitous(encouraging Angelpaw nailed it lol), schemed often. and had a sharp tongue. tongue.gif Teehee but she was sweet and gentle and kind to everyone she cared about LOL))

Wisepaw nodded. "Alright Lightnose I'll go ask her and check the kits." He said as she turned. Without a response, he turned and ran over to the nursery. Poking his head inside the quiet den, he saw Leopardpelt asleep with the three kits beside her. Quietly, he padded over and sniffed over each kit carefully. They seemed okay, all three were fast asleep. "Leopardpelt?" He whsipered and the queen flicked her ears and opened her eyes. "Yes?" She asked, looking up at him expectantly. "Lightnose sent me to see if you'd like to help gather burial herbs for Rippleleaf." He said as Leopardpelt stood up and shook pieces of moss from er spotted pelt. "Of course! But I don't want to leave them alone.." She licked Mintkit, Rippleleaf's single kit, on the ear fondly. "Of course not, I'll watch them, but would you tell Lightnose why I'm not with you?" After Leopardpelt nodded and left he lay down beside the kits. He watched them for a minutes. "Eyes like your mother and a pelt like your father. Something tells me you'll be more like your mother though." He commented, watching Mintkit. Then he looked at the other two kits, Leopardpelt's kits. Fullkit had a pelt like his mother's, but his brother Boltkit had a striped AND spotted pelt. Wisepaw had never seen a RiverClan cat with stripes such as those. Sniffing the kit curiously, he murmured, "Mintkit's father is Coralpoint, but who is yours?"

((edit in a minute, I promise xd.png)

Thrushpaw pricked his ears as he listened to Lightnose list off the herbs, but his amber eyes were dull with agony. Why did Rippleleaf die? She had just given birth to kits... maybe there were dark times ahead. But he wasn't going to tell Lightnose that he thought that. It would be rude and he would probably anger her. And worry her. Nodding when she finished, he stood up and dipped his head. "I will get those herbs for you, Lightnose." he meowed, flicking his tail as he turned and exited the camp.

Goldendawn purred when Thunderstorm asked if they should go. The tom was always the funny one, and he loved making sarcastic jokes. "Okay," he purred again, then turned and began to walk away. But then a voice made him stop. "Tawnysky?" he asked, turning again and seeing the tortiseshell there. "I haven't seen you in so long! I'm doing great, but Thunderstorm here," he nudged the tom again. "Is eating everything in the fresh kill pile."

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

The zephyrs were soothing. The cacophony of birdsong rang in the tom's ears as he crouched low to the ground, eying the invisible enemy that crept towards the nursery. They were passing by the fresh-kill pile; their stench tainting that of the Clan's prey. For a moment he thought of the queens and kits; Badgerstripe and Firespirit wouldn't be able to hold their own against the being that threatened attacking the nursery, and Swirlstep wasn't going to allow any injuries on his watch. His pace quickened, and he pounced, only leaving a cloud of dust that rose up and settled quietly back on the ground. The rocks above towered over the two, enclosing them in an arena fit for the death match that was to take place. A flash of unsheathed claws glinted in the sun, and after a low hiss, silence fell yet again over the camp.

The alien beast that had been silently nearing the den moments earlier was now dead, and Swirlstep smiled in satisfaction.

Perhaps a millipede wasn't the most frightening creature, and perhaps the queens could have easily shooed it away with their paws, but Swirlstep still didn't want to risk the queens playing with it and getting ill, as this one was poisonous. He took the creature outside of the camp and decided to throw it out, leaving whatever birds come and grab the prey away from the camp. Upon returning, he noticed the others out didn't seem to be doing much themselves, and he sat near the fresh kill pile, bored.

Dragonpaw padded over to the fresh kill pile and plucked a mouse for her to eat. She finished it in a few rapid gulps, and licked her lips before noting a tom on the other side of the pile. Blinking her amber eyes and puffing out her silver spotted fur, she noted that this tom was somewhat handsome. "Hi." she meowed, not moving a bit. "I'm Dragonpaw."

Swirlstep noticed the apprentice pad over to the fresh kill pile, though he didn't say anything until she introduced herself. Dragonpaw, was it? Well, he hated to say it, but he didn't remember learning her name from anywhere else. He was a bit disappointed in his inability to recall the she-cat from anywhere else; when he was younger, everybody knew, well, everybody by the time the were warriors, but something happened along the way from his kithood to when he finally became a warrior that left Clanmates somewhat detached from one another.

"Nice to meet you, Dragonpaw. I'm Swirlstep."

Swirlstep didn't really know what to talk about; an apprentice was still young in comparison to the warrior. Trying to think of a topic, his tail twitched uncomfortably.

"How long have you been an apprentice, Dragonpaw?"

Dragonpaw looked at Swirlstep when he had greeted himself, and she flicked her tail in reply. The she cat didn't know what to say next, and she looked upward, into the setting sun. She didn't know what was going to happen tomorrow. But then Swirlstep spoke again.

"I've been an apprentice for eight moons." she mewed. "I have 14 moons now. I feel like I'm going to be a warrior soon, but Spiritstar hasn't said a word. It's getting me worried. I don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...?"

The she-cat felt as if she had done something wrong that was resulting in her delay of becoming a warrior, though Swirlstep doubted it was her fault.

"Don't worry, I doubt you've done anything wrong. Spiritstar has been busy recently; he probably knows of your situation and will make you a warrior as soon as he can. If you are so worried, though, you can show me what you've been taught next patrol."

Swirlstep flicked his tail, looking to the apprentice. He had a hard time comforting others; not because he didn't want to, rather he tended to have a hard time translating his thoughts into words appropriate for the situation. Unsure of if he sounded as sincere as he felt, he added, "I'll remind Spiritstar, just in case it slipped his mind, alright?"

A grin crept across the feline's face; prey had been found, and another stomach would be full in his Clan. This meal wouldn't be for him; the tom never liked being truly full, as it slowed a cat down. He'd leave it in the fresh-kill pile as usual, though he wouldn't mind actually taking it to a cat. This was all, of course, given he actually captured the mouse that now scurried in the tall grass before him.

With a pounce and a small cloud of dust, the mouse was captured and killed, the tom satisfied with his catch. The dust settled on his already dusty pelt, and the tom began to return to camp, soft, seemingly clumsy steps making the tom seem to flit about the grassy terrain until he entered camp, lithe form twisting about to shake dead blades of grass from his fur. Dropping the prey in the fresh-kill pile, Mothflight sat down and looked at the clouds to pass the time.

"That one looks like a vole... And a tree... And a cloud,"he giggled.

Edited by Team EG-X

[Light, look at my post as Hazepaw on the last page. Team, can you be patient please with Mothflight ^^" I'll post as Hazel after my next post as Mint...]

Rabbitstripe was eating a small rabbit, stretched out lazily on a flat piece of rock. The sun was warming his fur and he squinted his eyes closed in luxurious joy. It was a brilliant day, and his thoughts were filled of Hollyspirit as he daydreamed on uncharacteristically . . . beautiful, graceful Hollyspirit. And not only was she pretty and physically attractive, she was smart and thoughtful too . . . she would make a great mate for the deputy of WindClan, Rabbitstripe decided with a dreamy smile. Then, wait a minute. Why am I thinking of mates and Hollyspirit? I don't like her THAT way . . . do I? She's just a friend. A really close, really pretty friend who always distracts me when I'm around her and makes my heart flutter, he thought wanly. Yup, there was no mistaking it. The deputy of WindClan was in love.

Why now? Rabbitstripe thought sadly. Why, when there was so much work to be done? He let out a half-hearted sigh; half-hearted because the other half of his heart was daydreaming about Hollyspirit. Nothing would bring down his spirits now unless she rejected him . . . but he wasn't going to ask her to be his mate anyway. Nor would he give away his feelings for her. It would be too embarrassing. Rabbitstripe could just imagine the rumors flying: the deputy asked Hollyspirit to be his mate, the deputy's in love, the deputy isn't concentrating, Silverstar made a bad choice . . . he shook his head slightly. No, that wouldn't do, not now when there was so much to be done, so many matters to attend to . . .

As if summoned by his thoughts, Lionpaw burst into the camp yelling Silverstar's name. He was yelling something about a ShadowClan intruder . . . pricking his ears, Rabbitstripe sat up, all thoughts of Hollyspirit and mates forgotten. Well, not completely, but Lionpaw held four-fifths of his full attention at the moment. The deputy bounded down from the rocks, leaving the other half of his rabbit uneaten; then he thought better of it and dashed back to go get it. Typically, by then Lionpaw was already explaining the matter to Silverstar while Rabbitstripe was still trying to stuff the rest of the rabbit down his mouth and throat . . . to make matters worse, his eyes then fell on Hollyspirit, who was watching him. How much of a pig did that make him look?

Blushing visibly, Rabbitstripe swallowed the last bit of the rabbit and hopped down from the broad rock. The deputy paused slightly, surveying the camp. Silverstar had already sent Lionpaw to bring the ShadowClan apprentice - yes, it was only an apprentice that had caused all that racket, and Rabbitstripe's tail was bristling slightly at that thought - back to the border, and now the leader was making her daily rounds around the camp to check up on everyone. He decided it wouldn't be a good idea to disturb her, and so instead padded toward Hollyspirit's direction. He took a deep breath and meowed loud enough so that she could hear even though she was looking in another direction: "Hey, Hollyspirit, how's the prey running?"

Edited by Stunningfire

((so so sorry you guys for poofing user posted image; please don't be mad at me sad.gif))

Streampelt nodded and then went after Thrushpaw to help him find the herbs. She forgot the name of them and what they looked like but she would still try to help out the apprentice as best as she could. As she walked along, her thoughts drifted to Jaystar. She wondered if he was also sad about the warriors passing and if he was just hiding his emotions like she was. I wish that I could comfort him a bit more, she thought to herself as she continued to look for the herbs.

[Hazel next, then Hawk.]

Mint paused when he finished his small speech; it had been a heat-of-a-moment type of thing, and he had launched into it without considering the consequences. Only now did he realize that it might have been a bad idea to chastise Wolfkit like a, well, kit, especially when she was this angry . . . This new thought was confirmed when Wolfkit drew back her upper lip in the beginning of a snarl. Mint winced slightly, then relaxed as she seemed to think better of it. Sighing, she set her leg back on the ground, then froze. He immediately went into alert mode, pricking his ears. His sharp eyes picked out the apparent pain in her eyes and the tiny trickle of blood that was running down her leg . . .

"You're hurt. Again," Mint accused, his eyes narrowing. "What did I tell you about not letting the wound reopen?" he scolded as Wolfkit sighed and set her leg back on the ground. She didn't answer, only limped over to her sister - proof that she had listened to Mint, he realized with a small twinge of satisfaction - and nudged her to her feet. Then, miracle of miracles, the almighty Wolfkit actually apologized humbly to her sister! That was, of course, the right thing to do, and Mint felt a little proud of her. But right now he had to concentrate on Wolfkit's hurt leg.

Wolfkit suggested they get out of the rain, and Mint nodded in agreement. It was already becoming a steady downpour and all three cats were drenched to the skin. He winced slightly when he saw her limping slowly to the makeshift shelter; her leg would need more herbs, as it wouldn't be able to support her for much longer. "I'm coming, I'm coming," the tom-cat replied, then hesitated and glanced back at Splashpaw. "Er, Splashki- I mean, Splashpaw, you coming? It'll be a tight squeeze with so many cats, but I don't want you to just stay here alone . . . " He trailed off, unsure, his tail flicking in awkwardness.

[Angelkit... I remember Angelsong x) How did I kill her off again?]

Thunderstorm snorted. " Hey, I'm not sure about you Goldendawn, but us TOMS need to eat to keep our strength up." he teased, puffing out his chest comically. " I mean, look at Tawnysky! She looks like she's getting meat on her bones, and not that flab you call 'muscle'" Thunderstorm jibed once more. He turned to Tawnyksy and took a good look at her. He remembered her being the same size, if not slightly larger than himself, when they were kits. Now he stood slightly taller than her. " We're just about to go hunting. Care to join us?" he asked Tawnysky.

[bE BLINDED! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahabananahahaha!]

Ninjablade's chest dripped with water that ran down his legs. He waded through a somewhat shallow part of the river and arrived near the border of Riverclan. He licked himself dry and scanned the forest.

[Edit: Eh? Second half of Ninjablade's paragraph didn't post...]

Edited by Ladynightstalker101