superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

Hollowheart shrugged. "Is there a problem with that Autumnfall? She's a good warrior and a good friend. What did you want to talk about?" He asked her before hearing oww "Got a thorn in your paw don't you? need any help?" I wonder what's on her mind He asked himself

Echospirit felt a muscle in her neck twitch, trying to duck her head. No. Ducking your head a sign of submission, Echo's voice whispered. It had been a long time since Echospirit had been in any danger and her guardian had spoken to her. Echospirit lifted her chin, summoning ice from her heart and wrapping it around herself. "Well, you've been going against ShadowClan for a long time now," she meowed. "Who knows what you've done." A long growl emanated from her throat. "I need to know that." She flicked her tail across Addermouth's muzzle, silencing him. "I'm not going to report you until you do something drastic," she said, kinking her tail over her back. "Unless it's really, really drastic."

Addermouth simply turned his head to one side. Leaning away from her tail and after she fininished speaking he opened his mouth again. "Actually...it'd be better if you did...Magpie follow Echospirit back to camp. If you see Tawnysky tell her exactly who you are. Exactly what you can do and Exactly what my involvement is. I'm not doing anything that would indanger the clan. The catmint, the Badgers not raiding our nursey. Freshkill being left even in the dead of Leaf-bare for our warriors to find. I'm saving it. Go a head and tell Echospirit. It'll get Tawnysky off my back." Maybe I don't have to kill her after all... Oh I should have thought of this a long time ago

Autumnfall lifted up her paw and examined it before putting it back down, "no i don't need help, i can get it out myself." Autumnfall sat there looking like she was worried about something. "i had a dream last night and it's bothering me a whole lot." Autumnfall was already regretting talking to Hollowheart about it but now she had no choice, "it wasn't about this clan or anything, it was in the Thunderclan camp but there where Shadowclan sents all around and all i could see was a band of badgers and giant cats with a sent of Shadowclan, this all was happening durring a blizzard so i couldn't recognize any faces... but they where lead by a white-looking cat with long fur." as Auttumnfall finished Iceheart came up, "Hi you guys!" her long silvery fur flowing in the wind, "looks like snow!" she was obviously distracting Hollowheart from Auttumnfall's dream.

"I know.." Hollowheart said thinking White she-cat with long fur.... were have I heard of that cat bef- Magpie! "Wait what else was in your dream ?" He asked his half sister a sudden interest sparked. "What other scents?" I wonder if Cottonfang sent her a vision too

Autumnfall saw something in the silver tabbies expression that bothered her, "all there was the sents of Shadowclan badgers a white-ish long-haired cat and in the thunderclan camp they seemed to have either killed off all the cats in the thunderclan-" Autumnfall was interrupted by a mew of laughter and realized that Hollowheart was getting distracted by Iceheart again. "FINE if you don't w ant to hear my dream then i'll just leave!!" Autumnfall wasn't really mad at Hollowheart but she still took her anger out on him.

Hollowheart shot Iceheart a warning glance turning back to Auttumnfall.His tone was soft as he opened his mouth. "Of course I want to hear your dream. It could be important Auttumnfall.." He commented listening. "Iceheart go bother some other cat I'm busy"

(he's "immune" to her Scott)

Iceheart seemed to be frustrated as he walked away, Autumnfall turned back to Hollowheart "they seemed to have killed off all the Thunderclan warriors, there was bodies that smelled of Thunderclan everywhere even those of kits and young apprentices" Autumnfall felt that there was doom just around the corner, " what do you think should i tell the leader or medicine cat? or what? just keep it o myself"

"I'd tell Gorsetail..But the She cat you saw was Magpie. She's a loner that Addermouth uses for her badger speak" Hollowheart said looking at his sister."He's a menence to Shadowclan. It won't be long until Tawnysky gets a whiff and throws him out. Keep yourself safe."

Auttumnfall just remembered another deatail, "oh! there was another white cat walking nevously behind the leader. she seemed older and more uncertain" thats really all auttumnfall remembered

Owlflare nodded and then went to the warriors den. She went straight to her nest, curled up into a ball, and then fell asleep. She hoped that she wouldn't have anymore nightmares like the one that she had the night before, or at least she thought that she had one the night before. She really didn't remember that now but that didn't matter. Getting some good sleep mattered and she hoped that she would get it this time.

Mist came around Owlflare in her dream. Two ice colored blue eyes appeared out of the fog followed by the scent of cold decay as a figure came into view of a black shadowclan warrior. The sky here was starless everything had a haze to it. The black warroir's eyes narrowed as a snarl spread it's self around the cat's face. Finally the warrior was close enough to make out a adder pattern on her chest and belly as well as smooth black fur."Mouse brained fool..." She said adressing Owlflare. "You're a pest. A unwanted flea on Addermouth's back."

[Okay, so Thymekit will be asking Jet a lot of weird and personal questions and then Jet will accidentally kill him right?]

Jet stretched, a pile of fresh-kill at his paws. He studied the choices absentmindedly, still thinking about Nightcloud. He chose a mouse and settled down at the entrance of his makeshift den. He opened his mouth to take a bite and a rush of unfamiliar scent surrounded him. It was a warm, milky musk. A kit, he thought with distaste. He wasn't in a particularly good mood right now and he hoped the kit would stay away. He quickly finished eating the mouse and stood up, tasting the air again. The stupid kit's scent was even stronger, which meant he was closer. Jet sighed and hoped that his inner rogue spirit wouldn't direct him to kill this kit. It's against the warrior code. What would Nightcloud think?

Echospirit stilled her thumping heart. What was this? She'd thought Addermouth was just admitting he really was a crazy killed who'd tricked an elderly she-cat into helping him. It's something else. "Well, okay," Echospirit meowed reluctantly. She couldn't deny Magpie the chance of confessing. "I have your word you won't try again weird, okay?" she called over her shoulder, herding Magpie towards the ShadowClan camp. "Look, Magpie, I don't want to hurt you but you will need to cooperate," she said, looking straight ahead. Plus the warrior in me would never let me... but if the rogue in me was stronger, I could kill her if she makes a wrong move.

(alright)

Magpie nodded. Following Echospirit toward the camp. "I can do that...just tell me what needs done..long as I don't have to listen too closely." she looked at Echospirit. "Addermouth isn't a bad cat he's my friend. I'll coraperate and do anything I can to help him, and the rest of Shadowclan." The elder's eyes were bright but weary "I just hope Tawnysky doesn't run me off..." She said looking at the ground again. "I've been trying to be good..."

Thymekit followed the scent, it was much stronger now. He could smell freshkill too Yep..I smell rouge..wonder if He'll talk to me, everyone in clan is busy.. He felt a pang of envy at Yewpaw. To the kit it felt like his own father prefered the shy little apperentice to his own son. Thyemkit looked over seeing Jet. "Hiya" he meowed walking over. "How are you? Where'd ya come from? What's your name? Whya here?"

Owlflare looked at the cat that appeared in front of her and asked with narrowed eyes, "Are you just here to insult me or are you supposed to tell me something important?" If she was, she hadn't heard it yet. The only thing that she had heard come out of the she-cat's mouth was an insult directed at her. She saw the adder pattern on her stomach and figured that this was Addermouth's mother. She then wondered why his mother was talking to her instead of him but she pushed that aside and tried to wait patiently for her to reply.

"You care about Hollowheart don't you?" Icebreath said circling around Owlflare. "Cottonfang spoke to you first trying to stop Addermouth's brilliance" She paused standing with her back to the living she-cat ."Means that when things turn sour for you two and your doomed abitions, you'll be the first to fall.. And doomed to watch your love deal with the knowlege that your death was preventable.. I know Hollowheart, he'll have his faith shattered a broken tom. My son has no quarrel with you, why throw away your future like that? You'll the one dying of a badger's attack. Then as further punishment Addermouth will make sure Hollowheart doesn't die. Instead he'll be tormented. Led to believe your death was his own fault. I will destroy you in the worst possible ways if you get any further into my son's plans. It doesn't even matter if you never come to the dark forest again. Cats here are not trapped we can move in dreams much like Starclan." Icebreath had a sneer on her face. "This is your warning, leave Addermouth alone or you will be punished severely!"

Iceheart padded into the Warrior's den she noticed a flower in her nest, it was freshly picked and was a brilliant blue Iceheart touched it with one paw and an image flashed in her mind, a white blizzard, a White-ish looking kit struggling to keep up with her mother. when she caught up she found her mother dead and frozen. Iceheart took her paw away, the image was gone. What's up with this? Iceheart thought this flower could be important so she hid it among her nest and went back into the clearing. she stretched and yawned she was tired but she knew that if she went to sleep now Lightningstreak would tell her to go do something. she padded over to Shadowpaw who seemed depressed, "Hi Shadowpaw! is everything alright?" Edited by Scott-the-wolf

Owlflare was silent as she listened to all that the other cat said. She had nodded in reply to her question that she asked. "I'll leave him alone when he stops planning to kill cats," she said in reply with narrowed eyes. She didn't know what she was talking about with the badger but apparently she died. Not now but she would later, though she didn't know the reason why.

Shadowpaw had woken up and had gone over to the fresh-kill pile to eat something since she was hungry. She looked up at Iceheart when she padded over to her and nodded saying in reply, "I'm fine." She knew that she was lying but she didn't really feel comfortable with telling the young warrior why she was feeling the way she was. It wasn't because she couldn't trust her, she could, but she just didn't want to say anything about Raptorpaw just yet. She went back to eating her meal and thought about talking to Owlflare and Hollowheart later about him not really being dead.

Jet shut his eyes briefly. “Look, I don’t want to be bothered, okay?” he meowed shortly. The kit spouted a couple more questions. Jet growled deep in his throat. “I want you to go away.” Rage was firing up inside of him. Couldn’t the dumb kit see?

Echospirit felt a twinge of sympathy. “I know how you feel. To be excluded even when you know you’re doing the right thing.” She shuddered inwardly. Why was she sharing her feelings with a stranger? It’s because she knows how you feel, Echo murmured. I used to share my feelings sometimes too. Echospirit exhaled softly. Echo wasn’t verbally punishing her, so she supposed it was alright. “Here we are,” she announced, nosing through the leaves that hid the camp and calling to Tawnysky. “Tawnysky! There’s someone here to see you.”

Tawnysky looked up and narrowed her eyes. Echospirit was herding an elderly she-cat into the camp. It’s not a threat though, at least. And that’s not an elder from another Clan. That’s a loner. She padded over. “Well, who is this?” She studied the she-cat suspiciously. “I believe Echospirit must have a reason to bring you here.” She dipped her head imperiously.

Echospirit dipped her head respectfully. “This is Magpie. She has some information about Addermouth.” She licked a paw nonchalantly, trying not to show her fear for Addermouth. “I think you’ll find it interesting,” she meowed at last after an awkward silence. She dipped her head again and made a beeline for the dirtplace. She crouched in the bushes nearby, trying to ignore the nauseating smell, shaking. What will happen now?

Nightcloud had caught a mouse and a thrush and also buried them before hearing something nearby. She thought that she heard Jet and someone else talking but she wasn't sure so she wanted to investigate. She hid in a nearby holly bush, careful to keep her fur hidden. She hoped that the scent coming from the bush was strong enough to mask her scent. She saw that it was indeed Jet and someone else in front of her and the someone else happened to be a kit.

((hope that it's okay if Nightcloud is doing what I'm having her do; she's not going to intervene or anything...she's just curious))

Magpie looked up at Tawnysky she kneeded the ground in front of her nervously. "Addermouth... has it really been that long sense I knew him as a apprentice with white cough....trying to find a good patch of catmint for this clan..." Magpie lost herself in memories for a moment before coming to. "It's me he's been sneaking off because of. Addermouth told me about the freshkill Yewpaw and her friend found. He was to get away from you so he could ask me about it personally. I speak badger, my friend Zero is a badger. He wanted to know if the bones had been placed by one of her kind or not. They weren't. No Badgers, other than Zero and her young son live in Shadowclan territory. The closet lives in Windclan's hunting grounds. When ever Addermouth snuck off from camp it's either to get catmint from the patch I've been growing in my nest, a old twoleg nest or just to share tongues. I get lonely why do you think I talk to badgers? It's because of me this clan hasn't been attacked by them. My friend Zero sense shadowclan overlaps with her territory she has the others stay away." Magpie paused she was getting fearful of the leader she was adressing. "He..he said that Shadowclan would be happy if because of me and Zero no badgers attacked the nursey, he said that the rest of the clan wouldn't mind at all that I grow catmint for them. Or that sometimes Zero or me will leave freshkill out to find."

Icebreath sneered unsheathing her claws but she stopped herself from striking out at Owlflare "Last chance mouse brain. Leave my son alone. You will die if you do not. If I have to assure that fact. Or have my son do it remains to be seen if your half as intelligent as the shadowclan queens I knew in my time you would have know it long by now... He kills those who get in his way. If no one does..well you've seen how much the other shadowclan cats trust him."

Thymekit blinked sitting down looking at Jet. "Why so mean? What's wrong with justa talking? Why are you alone? got any clanmates or family to watch out for ya?"

Owlflare listened to the rest of what the she-cat said and knew that she would have to give in, in order for her to leave her alone. "Fine," she said finally even though her eyes were still narrowed a bit. She wasn't going to attack the cat, figuring that she wouldn't be able to hurt her but that the latter would be able to. She didn't like the answer that she had to give to the stranger cat but she also didn't want to be killed either. Her tail swished back and forth as she waited for the other cat's reply.

Icebreath seemed to smirk she turned flicking the tip of her tail on Owlflare's muzzle silencing her." You're not as much of a idiot that I took you for, do not say I didn't warn you. No...I'll be in my darkforest gloating at your death.Addermouth wasn't the first smart cat in our clan. nor will he be the last." Icebreath paused she seemed to stare off into distance. Before turning back to Owlflare."Am I understood?"

Shadowpaw had woken up and had gone over to the fresh-kill pile to eat something since she was hungry. She looked up at Iceheart when she padded over to her and nodded saying in reply, "I'm fine." She knew that she was lying but she didn't really feel comfortable with telling the young warrior why she was feeling the way she was. It wasn't because she couldn't trust her, she could, but she just didn't want to say anything about Raptorpaw just yet. She went back to eating her meal and thought about talking to Owlflare and Hollowheart later about him not really being dead.

Iceheart sat beside the apprentice, "that's obviously a lie" Iceheart meowed "come on i can keep a secret!" Iceheart thought of how happy Shadowpaw always was, back when Raptorpaw was still alive. "is this still about Raptorpaw? isn't it that our favorite cats always die young?" Iceheart imagined what it would be like if Raptorpaw was still with them. she wanted the young cat back too, she could never forget how happy he and Shadowpaw where. "i am so sorry this happened..." Iceheart looked at the sky, a snowflake landed on her nose "i guess that proves that snow is coming soon."

Owlflare could only glare at the cat in front of her as she listened to the rest of what she said. She then nodded before asking, "Can you leave me alone now since you've heard what you wanted to hear?" She doubted that she would have regular dreams after this but oh well. At least Addermouth's mom would leave her alone. Or at least she hoped that she would.

Shadowpaw sighed and said softly, "Raptorpaw's not really dead." She nodded in reply to her question, pretending that she hadn't said anything before that. She could only hope that Iceheart would keep the secret. She nodded again in reply to what the young warrior said before she trailed off. "I guess so," she said as she watched a few more flakes fall from the sky.