superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

"Hi, Hazepaw," she mumbled. Then she brightened. "I'm one step closer to being leader!" she said. "Although i can't see how i can do it without Moondapple, it was all in the plan" she whispered. "eh, i'll work around it. She smiled. The fluff that used to gather on Angelpaw's back was gone. Her deep blue eyes sparkled with the happiness of any newley apprenticed kit. Her tail twiched with excitment and it looked like she was about to start running around. She shivered like it was cold only instead of a cold wind it was a breeze of excitment.

Stormpaw sniffed at Honeypaw's and Sootpaw's grave. It wasn't much but a flower and a small bush. He gave a sad mew. "How in the world am i gonna keep their name alive?" he wondered he took one last sniff and started wqalking back to camp, not looking back. A small voice sounded in his head. He swore i was Honeypaw. It was! Then Sootpaw's voice came in. Stormpaw realized it was a flash back. Long ago when they where all young and fearless. He shook his head and ran to camp. He dashed into the apprentice den and ducked his head under his paws.

Firepsirit nodded. "She will be okay," she gave the kitten a lick. The young orange she cat walked near the entrance. "Trust me, she will be perfectly fine," she said, positive that no harm would come to the kit in one hour. "Are you coming?" Firespirit's usuall impatients came back.

Arctickit Ran to Mint and Wolfkit. The kit that was actually the age of a new apprentice was taking short gasps. "Hey! Did you forget someone!" she said hearing Mint's preavious comment. "Hmp!" Her small tail swhished from side to side annoyed at Mint and Wolfkit. Hey whose that? she wondered looking at the other cat.

Soulkit stuck his head out of the nursery annoyed. "NO FAIR!" he yelled. "How come they get apprenticed?!" he mumbled. his tiny tail swished from back and forth. Creamkit crawled up next to him.

"Hi soulkit," Creamkit whispered. He nodded to her and she grew full of jelousy as she saw Angelpaw and Hazepaw. "it's okay Soulkt! We will be apprenticed soon enough."

Edited by Laurarockstar

Hazepaw nodded in agreement to Angelpaw's comment about her being one step closer to leader. "Getting closer all the while," she murmured. "Baby steps, baby steps." The gray-furred apprentice smiled when Angelpaw was done speaking. Her eyes twinkled mysteriously, a devious hint to them. "Oh, yes, you'll work around it, all right," Hazepaw purred, flicking her sister's left ear lightly with the tip of her tail. The devious touch was still in her eyes as she meowed, "Come with me." Glancing around to make sure their mentors were preoccupied, Hazepaw made her way around the throng of cats, edging toward the dirt-place tunnel.

Hazepaw held her breath, waiting for the alarm call that the two new apprentices were sneaking out of the camp, but it didn't come. The Clan was breaking up into their little groups again, and a patrol was getting ready to go out again. The gray-furred apprentice made a face as she crawled through the dirt-place tunnel, giving herself a good shake when she got out, although it didn't do much good. She was NOT looking forward to washing herself later, but now wasn't the time to think about that.

Hazepaw's deep blue eyes shone with excitement as she faced her sister. "Now, the problem about Moondapple being my mentor instead of yours. . . . remember what I was talking about earlier? Like, yesterday?" She paused for Angelpaw to remember, then continued, talking faster as she did so as if she couldn't hold the words in her mouth. They just. . . . spilled out. "Remember how I said we could trade places, since we look so alike?" Hazepaw grinned. "Well, we could do that now!

"Moondapple and Onionfur wouldn't have a clue. We'd simply switch places, just like that." The new apprentice flicked her tail. "After all, all I'd have to do is make my fur smooth and clean, and fluff it up just a little here" - she curled her tail over her back - "even though yours is almost gone." A surge of jealousy washed over Hazepaw, but she was so excited she didn't have time to dwell on it much.

"And all you'd have to do, Angelpaw, is fluff up your fur and make it messy, bounce around like me, and fluff up your tail as well." She frowned down at her bushy tail, then grinned back at her sister. "This will work! I'm sure of it!"

[Lightningstreak can. =3 Where's Bluefur, again?]

Lightningstreak dipped her head respectfully to Tawnysky. "Yes, Tawnysky," she replied, flicking her tail. "I'll see that the camp is well taken care of when you are done. Er, have fun," she added awkwardly, not quite sure where her leader was going. "I won't betray your trust." The deputy padded to the fresh-kill pile and chose out a small mouse. Her stomach was grumbling, but she didn't want to take too much as she hadn't hunted yet today. The mouse was small enough to make just a small snack that would take the edge off Lightningstreak's hunger.

The jet-black she-cat gulped the mouse down in two bites and stood up. She curled her tail over her back, gazing around the camp. Most of the warriors were out on patrol, which left her with nothing much to do. . . . perhaps some cat would go hunting with her.

[*stabs TMD* RP as Goldendawn! Rawr. Also, you have anyone in WC to interact with Nightwing or RC with Ninjablade?]

"PERFECT Hazepaw!!!!" Angelpaw happily said. a little to loudly though. "oops" she wispered. "Your a genious Hazepaw! Now Moondapple can be my mentor!" she happily said. "Thanks Hazepaw!" Angelpaw tried to make herself look like her sister. When she was done she smiled. "Perfect." They looked almost identical.

(so short, bleh)

[Twinnie, could you use a different color please? I can't really read it. =3 I'll reply as Haze later]

Lightningstreak glanced around the clearing one last time to see if there were any cats just sitting around with nothing to do and might want to go hunting with her. Nope. Ah, well. She heaved herself to her paws and gave her ruffled fur a lick to smooth it down. There wasn't anything wrong with hunting solo, even if it was more fun to hunt in pairs. With a small sigh, the ShadowClan deputy gave her pelt another quick lick and trotted toward the camp entrance.

Lightningstreak squeezed through the thorn barrier and into the forest. Once there, she relaxed. Ah, the smell of fresh air. A nice getaway from the daily chaos of patrols and cats. The deputy had to relax SOMEtime. . . . Lightningstreak suddenly halted and sniffed the air. Was that Bluefur's scent? She seemed to be alone. Good, a hunting partner. Lightningstreak started to follow the scent.

((Did Tawny reply, Lady o.o I'm waiting for her. ^^))

[Tawny and Thunder talked, now Thunder is with Golden]

Hazepaw glanced around nervously when Angelpaw cried out happily. "Shh," she hissed, eyes darting around. Luckily, no cat had noticed; they were all too busy either congratulating Onionfur and Moondapple on their new apprentices or gathering around for a patrol of some sort. She blushed slightly at her sister's praise. "It doesn't take that much of a genius to figure that out," Hazepaw murmured, turning red. Then she realized that Angelpaw might take that as an insult and blushed harder, but her sister was too busy ruffling up her fur.

"Good job," Hazepaw purred as she nodded in approval. "Now we look alike." She gave her already-smooth fur another lick just for good measure. "Come on, let's get back to camp. Cats will start noticing we're gone." She frowned down at the dirt collected on her fur.

Edited by Stunningfire

(sure, i'll find a different color)

Angelpaw laughed. "Aww come on, you are a genious!" she said happily. She decided they did look alike. "Okay lets try it out!" she said as she slipped through the hole. "They should get that patched up!" she wispered to her sister. She tipped-toed trough the dirt pile and walked to the side of camping. Acting totally like her sister, and reacting to everything like Hazepaw would.

(Better? xd.png

Hey can you add Arctic back in their with mint somehow Stun?)

[A little. X3 Well right now there's a mini-flood so I don't know how Arctic would be there... unless she's sleeping with the rogues, in the shelter, 'cause she wanted to live with them? I kinda forgot what was going on before they fell asleep.]

Hazepaw followed Angelpaw back through the dirt tunnel, flinching as they padded through the dirt pile. She really would need to give herself a thorough wash after all this was done. The light gray-furred apprentice wasn't looking forward to it at all, but she definitely could not go around in public with this mess on her fur - even if it wasn't that visible - and the stickiness was really bothering her. Hazepaw slipped out of the dirt tunnel, giving her fur a vigorous shake before bounding forward to catch up with her sister.

Okay, here goes nothing, the apprentice thought nervously. She lowered her eyes to the ground shyly, trying to copy her sister's usual appearance. A moment later she glanced up, only to see an older apprentice heading her way. Uh-oh. Hazepaw glanced down at the ground again, inching closer to her sister instinctively for comfort. Then she realized that Angelpaw would probably be more likely to do that than Hazepaw, and smiled to herself. Hey, maybe this wouldn't be too bad after all, even if their personalities were very different.

The apprentice halted in front of Hazepaw and Angelpaw. Hazepaw glanced up and whipped up a shy smile. "Hello," she meowed softly, making her meow high like her sister's. The first test. . . . to see if they could really pull this off.

"Hi, Angelpaw!" the apprentice grinned. "Hi, Hazepaw!" He looked over at Angelpaw. So far, so good. "Congratulations on becoming apprentices!" The older apprentice kneaded the ground, suddenly looking slightly shy himself. "I wanted to be the first to call you by your name, Angelpaw," he murmured softly, so only Hazepaw could hear.

Hazepaw's heart quickened as she panicked. What was she supposed to say? Obviously this tom had a connection with her sister, but she wasn't her sister, so how was she supposed to reply? "Uh, thanks," Hazepaw meowed lamely, blushing.

The older apprentice smiled at her, blue eyes twinkling. "Yeah, well, have fun. You probably won't be able to hunt or battle train until a few days afterward; they'll have you gather moss or see the territory, something boring like that." He shrugged. "You'll join us soon enough, though." A faint voice called his name, and he glanced back over his shoulder. "Oops, gotta go. See you later, Angelpaw! And, er, Hazepaw," he added hastily. With a last wave of his tail, the apprentice trotted away.

[OMG. O.O I LOVE THIS NPC CHARACTER SO MUCH I'M MAKING A SHEET FOR HIM!! This should be interesting. He thinks Hazepaw is Angelpaw, he has a crush on Angelpaw, but he doesn't know... and then Hazepaw starts to have a crush on him although she doesn't know it yet, and meh... Angelpaw will get him in the end, though, because it's no fun RPing both sides of the love story~]

(sorry to be gone for so long recap plz?)

Raptorpaw made his way up into a tall tree to see what was going on around, when he found himself face-to-face with an old black tom. "Hello kiddo!" the old tom (which is Mo) said "what brings you up my tree?" Mo said. "i didn't know it was your tree" Raptorpaw replied, "i was just looking. i'll leave" Raptorpaw started to climb down the tree, but the tom was already at the bottom. "you are one of those Clan cats arn't you?" Mo said. "not any more..." Raptorpaw looked down at his paws, he missed the apprentices den, and Shadowpaw.

[boo-yah, I managed to post. |D]

Hollyspirit hid a smile as she bounded out of camp. She was close enough to Rabbistripe to have her fur brushing his and hear the almost inaudible pawsteps. WindClan is the best place to grow up, she thought. You learn to be silent where the grass is always rustling and here is where the mild-tempered cats are born. No wonder the other Clans are always fighting- they don't have such a nice place to live. She opened her mouth slightly and tasted the air. While a cat was running and they were looking for prey, it was easy to take in too many smells and miss the one you were looking for. "Hey Rabbitstripe," she murmured, "there's a rabbit ahead. Slow down for a minute." She slowed to a brisk trot and stopped at the crest of the first hill. A plump rabbit was perched on a log beside a bush, nibbling on a berry. "You go on the side and wait by that tree. Then when I jump out from behind there it'll run into you and you can grab it," she meowed. Erp. What if he thinks I'm trying to order him around? she thought, her ear-tips turning red.

Tawnysky rolled her eyes. "Thanks a lot," she retorted, feeling better. Thunderstorm, Thunderstorm. He just has to be devious now. She argued with her best friends all time- this kind of seriousness and then a couple laughs afterwards was just like old times. Right? She bounded after the toms, tasting the air as she went. Frog... yuck. No matter how long I'll be in ShadowClan, I will never enjoy the taste of frog. Well, they're okay, she amended. She twisted her head slightly and tasted vole and squirrel. "Okay guys," she hissed, "I can smell vole and squirrel nearby. How about we split up for a bit and then meet at the owl nest? Then we can work together and find a pheasant. A patrol said a couple had run in from WindClan because there was a fox around, but I think they drove it off."

Echospirit studied her paws, surrounded by fluffy moss. She heard pawsteps and quickly dropped her head, pretending she was taking a nap. The pawsteps paused, then receded. Echospirit got up and peered through a gap in the den wall. No one was around; they were probably all out on patrol. She rose and slipped out of the back of the den where she'd made a gap many moons ago. Ninjablade. The name pierced her heart like an arrow. It had been so long since she'd last seen him, so long ago since the first cats had gone missing. Ninjablade had been one of them. Cats returned, she reminded herself. Find him, a little voice whispered. Echospirit darted through the dirtplace and into the forest. She could hear Tawnysky's voice nearby. Presumably they were still hunting. Echospirit scaled a pine, then leaped, stretching out. With a soft thump, she landed on another tree. Leaves rustled and a squirrel jabbed angrily, then jumped away. She snarled at it, feeling her rogue self return. These recent moons, I've gone soft. Addermouth- pffft. What a poor excuse for a rebel- not to mention I might have loved him. She cracked another smile, her paws still moving swiftly beneath her. The bubbling of the river drew her back to her senses. RiverClan. I'm back again. This where I first met Ninjablade as a kit.

[That reminds me, do you want Falling and Night to meet up again sometime Lady?]

Rabbitstripe ran next to Hollyspirit. As they entered the moor, he suddenly felt freer, as if a weight was lifted from his shoulders. WindClan territory really was beautiful. . . . just like Hollyspirit. Rabbitstripe glanced over and his heart skipped a beat. The she-cat looked so beautiful running, her ears laid back and her legs bounding forward gracefully. The wind caressed her body gently, pushing her legs against her slim shape, outlining the curves. Rabbitstripe didn't deserve such a beauty, he realized sadly, tripping over a small batch of grass. Urgh. How clumsy of him.

Rabbitstripe stumbled forward a few steps. When he regained his balance, Hollyspirit was already ahead of him. Mouse dung! he thought. Luckily, the she-cat had stopped and was scenting the air. He quickened his pace and caught up with her at the crest of the first hill and spotted the rabbit. Very plump - it would make a good meal for the elders. Rabbitstripe glanced over at Hollyspirit, relieved when she started to give out instructions. He was very bad at working in pairs, especially when he kept being distracted by Hollyspirit's emerald green eyes at the most random moments, like oh, say, now.

"Sure thing," he whispered before pressing himself to the ground in a hunting crouch. Rabbitstripe crept forward, belly almost to the ground but not quite touching. He made it to the tree and flattened himself to the ground, not moving, waiting for Hollyspirit to make her move. He could almost taste the rabbit's blood in his jaws, and he felt his stomach grumble, although he knew they were hunting for the Clan, not themselves. Hopefully Hollyspirit would want to share a small mouse with him later or something.

Angelpaw licked her paw nicley. She noticed a large tom coming up to her sister. She wondered what it was all about. Thoughts bounded through her mind like little deer. She leaned over and caught a few words. 'Hi, first, angelpaw, and thanks' half of the words where her sisters. She noticed the toms glittering eyes. She became angry at her sister, the dull expression she had used. "I'm not like that!" she whispered when he was out of sight. Then she calmed. Hey do you want go test it out on someone else?" she asked. Her tounge burned to ask what it was about, but she held it in. Angelpaw didn't want to seem desprete to know.

(Angelpaw - http://www.socuteanimals.com/images/photos/3202385.jpg

her eyes are the color of the post, maybe a little foggier)

Edited by Laurarockstar

[Falling and Night... I suppose they could and we'll see where it goes from there.]

Thunderstorm smiled to himself. For some reason he felt extremely content. The rustling of leaves alerted him, but then Tawnysky called out and he no longer heard anything. Dismissing the peculiar noise as the wind, he went off in search of food to replenish to gargantuan amount he had eaten that afternoon. " I certainly get my appetite from my father..." he chuckled to himself.

Ninjablade and Nightwing met up often. Every few nights, and sometimes two nights in a row, they would meet by the running brook and Ninjablade would teach Nightwing what she had forgotten. Subconsciously, he found himself quite attached to the junior. She was eager and quick to learn, with a keen mind. Conversations were always interesting, and he could feel a little bit of the old Nightwing return bit by bit. It was pieces of her mannerisms that returned first. Rarely did she remember past events, but when she did she made sure to alert Ninjablade.

Nightwing enjoyed her nightly excursions; partly for the rebellious feeling, and partly to see this strange tom she had grown somewhat accustomed to. However, she still desperately tried to remember her past life. One night, during a dream, she succeeded.

It was at this time that Ninjablade himself was taking a nighttime stroll along the borders. He hated these tentative borders. He could nearly recall the violent life he had in the city with old acquaintances... He never was able to find out what happened to Soulborne. As much as it pained him to admit it, he felt a sort of... connection to his blood within the last few days of their meeting. He was brought out of his reverie at the sound of soft footsteps. There, in front of him, was a most familiar feline...

[Long post ahead ohmy.gif]

Hazepaw watched as the tom bounded away. She found herself admiring the smooth way his haunches rolled as he loped along, the way his skin rolled over his shifting muscles. His long tail curled up at the end and swung in the rhythm of his steps, and she longed to run forward and run alongside him, matching his pace, their pelts brushing . . . wait, what am I doing? Hazepaw scolded herself.

Warriors trying to be deputy didn't moon after tom cats - even handsome, kind tom cats - when they could be training, or, in this case, testing out something. Heck, even plain warriors that DIDN'T want to become deputy didn't moon after tom cats when there was something else to be done. Hazepaw sighed, unable to get the image of the tom's dark blue eyes out of her mind. Then a name flashed into her mind - Silverpaw. That was the tom's name. Silverpaw. What a beautiful name.

Angelpaw said something, making Hazepaw snap back into reality. "What do you mean, you're not like that?" the gray-furred apprentice meowed, puzzled. She tilted her head to one side, noticing the angry fire in her sister's eyes and coming to the decision that it was probably best not to dwell on the subject. From the look Angelpaw gave her, obviously Hazepaw had done something wrong. She just couldn't quite figure WHAT she had done wrong to make her sister to angry . . .

Then Hazepaw remembered Silverpaw and smirked. It must have been the way Hazepaw had acted around the tom cat when she was trying to pretend to be Angelpaw. Emphasis on the trying. Hazepaw remembered thinking that this was easier than she had thought - now, she took that thought back. It was not easy AT ALL to become something you were not, as she now knew. Even something you knew very well - also known as your own sister - could be difficult to become.

Angelpaw asked if Hazepaw wanted to go test it out on someone else, changing the subject. "Yes, please," Hazepaw replied fervently. Hopefully this time she wouldn't screw everything up and make her sister even more mad at her. In Hazepaw's defense, though, Angelpaw hadn't said anything about Silverpaw before. Well, she did often moon about how he was so good at battle training and everything, but then again, every kit thought every apprentice was good at battle training, and Hazepaw had just ignored all of that. Angelpaw had definitely NOT mentioned any blooming relationship with Silverpaw, that was a fact.

As the two sister walked toward the fresh-kill pile where a cluster of warriors were gathered around, Hazepaw nudged her sister playfully. The twinkle was back in her eyes, and for a minute or two she allowed herself to be Hazepaw again, not Angelpaw. "Hey, Angelpaw. I didn't know you had a handsome tom cat on your heels," Hazepaw teased her white-furred sister. Hopefully the teasing would ease some of the tension that had developed between them since the angry fire in Angelpaw's eyes.

Lightningstreak began to pick up the scent of mouse under Bluefur's scent trail. The she-cat was stalking the mouse, Lightningstreak guessed. This was proven true when she rounded the corner and saw a drop of blood. She could tell where Bluefur had pounced and killed the mouse, then followed the scent trail to where Bluefur had buried her prey to take back to camp later on and continued. Finally, Lightningstreak turned a corner and almost ran straight into Bluefur, who had stopped to scent the air for any traces of prey.

"Oh, h-hi, B-Bluefur," Lightningstreak stammered, blushing slightly. What a clumsy deputy. She should have known Bluefur was right around the corner. "Er, I w-was just out to hunt," the jet black she-cat continued, still with that stupid stammer. "Then I picked up your scent with mouse . . . nice catch, by the way," Lightningstreak added with a flick of her ears."Mind if I join you in hunting? It's much more fun to work in pairs."

[bluefur wink.gif]

((Who should I post as?))

[You have any cats in TC that can interact with my kits? I really need to rp them more...]

Thetakit bounded after his sister as she escaped the nursery into the hubbub of the clan. His long legs only helped slightly against the power house that was his sister. Although her legs were much shorter, she also had stronger haunches accelerating her away from her brother.

Sigmakit thought this was all good fun. The nursery had become quite stiffling and she recently found that she enjoyed riling up her brother. Being scolded afterwards was always unpleasant, but he always seemed to forgive her, which, in the end, was all the mattered. Right?

[sC]

Turnkit paced the nursery restlessly. Her inquisitive mind constantly kept her in trouble. Was it her fault the grasshopper she chased bounded out of camp? After being thoroughly chastised and discouraged from further activites of the like, she had taken to watching others. The mannerisms nd behavioural patterns of the older ones fascinated her to no end. Happiness, sadness, anger, jealousy and other emotions that flickered past their faces were hard to decipher at the beginning. Their conversations also seemed to hold an air of sophistication. In order to remember some of the words she heard, she had taken to talking to herself.

[i think I just turned my kit into a stalker/mad cat.]

((Kay ^^)) Bluefur twitched her tail in frustration when she couldn't pick up another scent. Man, leadbare was hard. Really hard. Letting out a low hiss of annoyance, she couldn't help but curse. All of a sudden, a jet black she cat went around the corner and almost ran into her. Mewling in suprise, she reared up on her hind paws and looked down. Lightningstreak. Falling back onto all fours, she dipped her head and nodded. "True. I accept you joining me." ((Fail... will post as TC later, Lady ^^))

[Leadbare, eh?]

Lightningstreak blushed harder when Bluefur reared up on her hind paws in surprise. "I'm sorry for startling you," she murmured, staring at the ground and flattening her ears slightly. "I didn't know you were just around the corner. I know, I should have. I'm sorry." Great deputy you are, a voice sounded sarcastically in her head. You can't even distinguish the scent of one of your own warriors . . . "Come on, let's go hunt down another mouse," she meowed cheerily, hoping to change the subject. Without waiting for an answer, Lightningstreak moved forward a few paces and sniffed the air.

((LOL Leadbare, sorry xd.png))

Bluefur twitched her whiskers when her deputy blushed harder and started to say she was sorry. She shook her head. "No, no, really! It's okay. It was an accident. You nearly scared me out of my fur though!" she flicked her tail across Lightningstreak's shoulder, purring in amusement. "Yes, let's get another mouse."

Dragonpath padded through ThunderClan, dropping a chaffinch on the fresh kill pile. She looked up at the kits that were running trhough the camp. "Hey, what are you two up too?" she meowed, padding closer to the two kits.

Bronzeleaf reared up on his hind legs, scratching a tree. It was fun, being alone... he parted his jaws, catching a familiar scent in the breeze. Nightwing, his sister! He hadn't seen her in so long! He followed the scent as fast as possible, his pale tabby gray coat a blur in the moorlands. "Nightwing?" he called when he approached her.