Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

Like I said earlier, H-Shannox needs to be boiled in oil. He sucks.

Alysrazor is a war of attrition, Rhyolith is a ballet on eggshells. Shannox is just a jerk.

Hi der.

My name is Riffin, I enjoy feral charging Ragnaros and drowning in lava.

I are good tank, yuss?

Lol, nice to meet you! xd.png My best feral charge was on Halfus, to immediately be shadow nova'ed off the edge. Cat durid is for fite!!!

But yeah. Longtime player, currently on hiatus after burning self out terribly in Firelands. We were 6/7 heroic 25 man though! ^^

I got the 10man drake quite recently too, I love the proto's, they look so derpy n_n

And get dbm, srsly. Makes your life so much easier! Especially if you're a tank, or you don't understand a fight very well.

And grats Lyth! n_n

Fairly sure my guild tried H-Shannox, not sure how well it went though. I sorta zone in and out of g-chat.

we got him to 23%! Our problem is that I'm the only person on the raid team who hits for over 30k in one hit EVERY SINGLE CAST. And if he facerages me......

Edited by Layn

Mmmm, WoW... It's been about two months I haven't been able to raid mainly because school schedules...

I love raiding, but because my poor computer performance (it's a laptop) I only have a silver of survival chance on 10 mans (curse you, curse you damn bosses with tons of movements).

Also, Blizzard adding the Pandaren to the playable races means they finally jumped the shark imo...

How is them adding the Pandaren "jumping the shark"? People have been asking for them to be in game for yeeaars.

Well, Zach and I tried to two man the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. Failed miserably and had us both angry and bitter by the time we decided to quit. Don't know why we thought it was a good idea. It was just.. terrible. At least we got some mounts out of it. :/

How is them adding the Pandaren "jumping the shark"? People have been asking for them to be in game for yeeaars.

It doesn't seem uncommon for something to be asked for, and then when it happens, people get upset dry.gif

Not sure what I think of what has been revealed of the next expansion, but I do know I'm far too addicted to quit over pandas smile.gif

(As for "jumping the shark" my personal opinion was that it happened a while back, but again..too addicted)

Edited by Asteris

I'm a noob at WoW x]

I used to play it all of the time but then I got bored cause I done all of the fun quests and everything >_>

I'm thinking about playing it again

I guess I can say that I've quit playing WoW.

I haven't played it for a few weeks now, almost two months. The game cards cost a bit too much, and I just don't feel like doing quests and I'm too much of a noob to go raiding and my gear is too ****ty and the list goes on forever.

Besides, I have other games to play around with: Resident Evil 5, Shadow of the Colossus, Skyrim, Heroes of Might and Magic VI, building funky lineages in DC... hehe. This list goes on, too. And I have too much fanfiction to write.

And then there's Mists of Pandaria... when my brother told me about it, I felt like shooting myself in the head. Okay, the screenshots were kinda nice, but everything else... no. Just no.

Oh well. Playing WoW was fun while it lasted. I still remember the time when Dungeon Finder didn't exist... *tears of nostalgia*

Oh man, I remember times before the Dungeon Finder. >__> Taking all that time looking for people to group with, and then if it was a dungeon I've never been to before having to find the dang entrance without being able to fly to it.. trying to get to the Blackfathom Deeps entrance was terrible. Dx Especially if we wiped.

..yeah, I like the Dungeon Finder. Even though I rarely use it because dungeons and raids give me migraines now. (When there are other people, anyway.) I end up just flying to a bunch of low level dungeons and raids anyway and soloing them.

Anyway, Neekerisanni, what don't you like about MoP? I know a loooot of people aren't happy with the new talent system. I personally like it, because it'll allow me to make my own choices without risking any amount of damage or whatever. I don't have a cookie cutter spec at all at the moment. It may not be optimal, but WHATEVS.

uhhh just got a password reset request from battle.net that I never requested. What do I do?

EDIT: Uhh I think my account got hacked. It got suspended for 3 hours for spamming advertising messages even though I was never logged in. Wtf.

Edited by Syaoransbear

uhhh just got a password reset request from battle.net that I never requested. What do I do?

EDIT: Uhh I think my account got hacked. It got suspended for 3 hours for spamming advertising messages even though I was never logged in. Wtf.

Never trust those e-mails... If you get one you *think* might be authentic, manually enter the URL and write a ticket to support. I would especially suggest this after the 3 hour ban. Hope you get things straightened out!

Pretty sure it's authentic. First I received an e-mail saying to change my password. Then right after I got an e-mail saying my account was suspended. This was part of it:

"Account Action: 3 hour suspension and password reset

Reason for Action: In-Game Chat Policy Violation - Advertisement and Spamming

This account was suspended because a character on the account repeatedly abused World of Warcraft's in-game chat system. This abuse includes advertising third party services/websites and repeatedly spamming in-game chat channels. Abuse of this nature pollutes chat channels shared by all players and harms the game environment as a whole."

I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to do beyond changing my password. It doesn't say to report anything unless items have been stolen from your account. Also, my credit card is connected to my blizzard account. I JUST had my credit card information stolen about a month ago, if it's stolen again I'm going to freak.

I hadn't even logged onto my WOW account since october until today. I logged on for like a minute to check if I had any mail, and then I logged out. And then a couple hours later I get all this crap. I only started playing this game about two months ago I think. Do people seriously get their accounts hacked this easily?

I'm downloading the free one for android right now. I'm definitely not paying more money for blizzard to have poor security.

I think you only have to pay for the key chain. I just downloaded the one for iPhone after seeing this (I've had a few suspicious whispers while playing the game) but for some reason I didn't seem to get the Core Hound Pet. Does it get added after a while or is it a Hunter type pet?

Edited by Lightstorm12000

It's supposed to show up in the mail.

As for getting hacked, I've never been. I know a few people in my guild did way back when, but the thing is...

Not one of them had an authenticator.

It's now guild policy that you don't even get in unless you have one. Funny thing, it's usually not Blizzard that has the poor security. If it was, then everyone would get hacked, especially players known to have lots of gold and/or valuables to steal. No, it's not usually Blizzard's fault. Either you gave your password to someone yourself (which is the most common way people get hacked, but clearly not what happened to you in this case since you haven't been on in a month) or you're using the same password for your WoW account as you use for some other service that uses the same email. It's very simple. If you're known on x site as a person who plays this game (like, say, by posting in this thread for instance) and that site doesn't have very good security, then they'll steal your email and password for that site. And then use that same combination on a ton of different places, including Battle.net and other gaming sites.

Which is why my Battle.net ID uses a unique password that I don't use for anything else. It shares an email, sure, but you can't get into my WoW account without the password, which isn't linked to this email anywhere outside of Battle.net. And even if you did manage to get a hold of that password somehow, you'll have to get through the 8-digit authenticator too. Good luck guessing a single number out of 100 million in under 30 seconds.

So don't blame Blizz for your own poor passwording habits k?

In other news, YAY my guild is the first guild on the server to have two dragonwraths biggrin.gif

Edited by Lythiaren

Why would you assume it's my poor passwording habits? I also use a different password for blizzard than everything else since blizzard requires my address for some reason and my credit card is hooked up to the account.

It's either blizzard's fault or I have some sort of keylogger(but I use kaspersky and it hasn't picked up anything), because my account got hacked very shortly after I signed in and out of it. I wasn't using an authenticator though, I didn't even know they existed until I got hacked.

Oddly my character didn't lose any items(I don't think, they are crappy anyway since I'm new) or gold. I also appear to be standing in the same spot as I was when I logged out. What's the point of someone hacking my account just to spam advertising messages? Can someone just report you and not need any proof for you to get suspended?

Won't deny it might be Blizzard's fault somewhere, but I assume it's same-password-syndrome because that's how it usually happens in cases where the person didn't stupidly give out their password. I myself use duplicate passwords in places but that's because I tier my passwords based on how important whichever thing might be to me. WoW is one of the most important things because it's how I connect with my closest online friends. I have one of the authenticator apps because it's free and also more secure than the keychain one, which is 6 digits instead of 8.

But if you use a unique password it's more likely someone's sniffing your network; Blizz takes security pretty seriously despite their lack of case-sensitivity in passwords.

Edited by Lythiaren

I'm going to bet it was a keylogger that did it. :/ It's one of the most common (if not the most common) way that people have their accounts hacked. But, no matter how it happened, I'm sorry that it did.

As soon as I get a smart phone I'll get an authenticator. >__< I haven't ever been hacked for the 2.. coming on 3 years I've been in WoW, but I'm getting rather paranoid. And I don't want the keychain one.. I do NOT want to lose it. I have so much trouble with misplacing my keys and such.

Anyways, now every time I get a suspicious whisper or see someone spamming some weird website in trade, I report them as soon as I can. No one deserves having their entertainment time compromised.

Anyway, Neekerisanni, what don't you like about MoP? I know a loooot of people aren't happy with the new talent system. I personally like it, because it'll allow me to make my own choices without risking any amount of damage or whatever. I don't have a cookie cutter spec at all at the moment. It may not be optimal, but WHATEVS.

Mostly the talents. I didn't like it when the original system was changed, and I like it even less when it's changed again.

And MoP just seems a bit rushed to me. Cataclysm isn't even finished, and an ANOTHER expansion is coming out? mellow.gif

I've got nothing against pandas, though. Sounds somewhat silly to me, but I don't hate them. But I don't like them, either. I just don't care.

But is it just me, or does the monk class sound a bit too much like some kind of a druid?

I love WoW, I've been playing for over two years. I started out playing Alliance, then went to Horde. Now, I play both factions--I love all of the Horde races, and the Worgens. I started playing towards the last year and a half or so of WoTLK. I won Cata in a contest by default because no one dress up and now I'm patiently awaiting the new expansion. smile.gif

Mostly the talents. I didn't like it when the original system was changed, and I like it even less when it's changed again.

And MoP just seems a bit rushed to me. Cataclysm isn't even finished, and an ANOTHER expansion is coming out? mellow.gif

I've got nothing against pandas, though. Sounds somewhat silly to me, but I don't hate them. But I don't like them, either. I just don't care.

But is it just me, or does the monk class sound a bit too much like some kind of a druid?

Uh. Cataclysm was announced even earlier in WotLK than MoP was in Cata. And talents change with every expansion. While I feel like it's dumbing down talents too much, I don't think "they're changing the talents again!" is on its own a very good reason to dislike the expansion.

Also, monks sound more like paladins to me. Druids aren't the only hybrids out there.

I think that we really don't have enough information on monks to compare them to any other classes. From what I understand, that have an interesting resource system which is pretty much unique, with the only similarity to anything else being the light and dark part with Eclipse on a boomkin, but even then I don't think they're that similar.

I like where Blizzard are trying to go with the talents actually. Sure, it's very simple but I think it's a step in the kind of variety which I would prefer and considering how easy it is to just look up a cookie cutter spec and use that at the moment, it's not that much simpler in my opinion. I also think that on paper it leads to people knowing more about their classes since they're supposed to be selecting which abilities they will be learning with more care, so I think that people might actually learn something and maybe even become slightly better because of this (though I probably shouldn't get my hopes up too much..). Again though, it's probably better to wait until more details are released before judging it.

Also I'm liking the look of this new alter time spell, sounds really fun (also arcane orb will do AoE damage so we don't have to Arcane Explosion stuff any more biggrin.gif)

Edited by Slim12

Forgot to post this last week, but now I'm pretty sure it was a keylogger that got my password. When I restarted my computer kaspersky alerted me to two keylogger attempts that it blocked. There must have been other attempts that it couldn't block. Either way, I'm not impressed with kaspersky since it never alerted me until I restarted my computer and it appears to have let one through.

I have a question though. Is the authenticator supposed to ask you for a number every time you sign in? I kind of thought it did, but I just signed in and it never asked me for a number.

The authenticator has been changed so that it asks for it only every now and then. I think it always asks whenever you change to a different computer/use a different connection.

So basically, if someone tries to get on your account from another computer, they won't be able to because they don't have your authenticator. Pretty sure that's how it works.

The authenticator has been changed so that it asks for it only every now and then. I think it always asks whenever you change to a different computer/use a different connection.

So basically, if someone tries to get on your account from another computer, they won't be able to because they don't have your authenticator. Pretty sure that's how it works.

Ahh okay, that's good and makes a lot of sense. I was worried that the authenticator somehow got unconnected from my account.