Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

I rep grinded with darnassus because I wanted those kitties so badly. I think it took me three days of doing quest after quest and now I never want to see a night elf ever again wacko.gif . But at least now when I go upstairs in places I don't get stuck from hitting the roof biggrin.gif.

Also, what's a tabard? I think I have an exodus one but I don't know what it's supposed to do.

When you wear a tabard and go to a dungeon, you gain reputation for that faction after every creature you kill. I think that's how it works. o:

You can queue for dungeons using the Dungeon Finder. It is a circle with a little green eye in it next to your mini-map. c: You'll be put into a group with 4 other random people, all assigned certain positions (3 DPS, 1 healer, 1 tank). If you are in a group already before you queue, the people in your group can/will come with you.

You can also go find the dungeons yourself.. they are all over the world, in specific areas. However, since pretty much all of the mobs inside a dungeon are elite, I do not suggest going there by yourself. Because you will be thoroughly owned. XD;

Edited by MellaBella

OH SNAP GUYS GUYS GUYS.

My RL just completed Dragonwrath. So many screenshots of Tarecgosa over Orgrimmar, we seriously had this over our city for like an hour. Blue drakes everywhere and it's awesome and hdjkafhsajkdhsajkfhsajkdsa.

.... Hi. I can't get over how adorable this tiny dragon is.

(later edit: Apparently the Tarecgosa ghost sticks around for 6 hours. This makes it even more awesome.)

Edited by Lythiaren

Anyone here play on Laughing Skull? Is the guild BAMF a guild of jerks in general, or was it just that I happened to encounter the three unsavory members of the whole guild?

also, grats Lyth! so jealous, I want that pet so badly....

Edited by Layn

Cool. A whole bunch of Blue Dragons where just flying over Stormwind.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

That's the Alliance equivalent of what happened in my post above. :>

*headdesk* Epic Fail! I looked several pages back for that post so I could quote it. Only now, hours later, do I find it with the help of your newest post, and it was right in front of me! xd.png

It happened as I was logging out so I didn't get to enjoy it for very long.

BLIZZCON WOO

Guess who gets Diablo 3 for freeeeeeeee! |D

TYRAEL'S CHARGER, HO!

Mists of Pandaria, monk class, Pandaren race for both Alliance and Horde, level 90 is new level cap, 9 new dungeons, new talent system, new EVERYTHING.

...mfw. =O0O=

BLIZZCON WOO

Guess who gets Diablo 3 for freeeeeeeee! |D

TYRAEL'S CHARGER, HO!

I'm not even INTERESTED in Diablo, but shiny mount and guaranteed WoW beta key? yay!

Edited by Layn

Not everyone is pleased with the new stuff they're adding in the next Expansion Pack. My friend said that she's leaving on the grounds that Activision has destroyed the game's lore. sad.gif While I don't quite agree with that sentiment, I do agree that Blizzard has taken their April Fools joke way too far

Not everyone is pleased with the new stuff they're adding in the next Expansion Pack. My friend said that she's leaving on the grounds that Activision has destroyed the game's lore. sad.gif While I don't quite agree with that sentiment, I do agree that Blizzard has taken their April Fools joke way too far

meh.

I personally have no intention of ever participating in a raid finder raid. I think the idea is...... odd, and I'm hoping that there will be a difference between the achievements for doing the easy raid with a random pug group, and actually doing the raid.

I also don't like the idea of being able to obtain valor points through quests. I wish Blizzard could introduce a system like in vanilla, where there was a whole separate gear set that could be obtained just from dungeons. They could have a whole gear set (not as good as the dungeon set) for those who like doing dailies, and a dungeon set, and a raid set better than the dungeon set. Because giving people gear without them working for it (granted, by "working for it" I mean running dungeons and generally doing dungeon and raid stuff) leads to people who have lots of shiny epics, and who think they're awesome because they have lots of shiny epics, getting into groups based on their item level and then not having the skill their item level implies. I also don't like that you can convert conquest points to valor, or vice versa. Conquest and valor points are obtained through acts of great skill. Doing random dailies for valor points defeats the purpose of having points that are obtainable through doing challenging things.

However... my reaction to dungeon challenges was "STRAT DEAD TIMED RUN IS BACK! AWESOME!" Cannot wait to get some guildies together and hustle them though heroics xd.png

I, for one, am excited about the new expansion. Everything looks pretty solid so far, in my opinion. The new continent looks absolutely breathtaking, and I think I am going to have soooo much fun playing a monk. <3 The only thing that I am unsure about are the new talent.. thingies. Not trees anymore.

But really, no one can honestly pass judgement until the expansion has come out and they have experienced the content. c: I think people should give it a chance and not just say "this is gonna suck, I quit".

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but what did you mean by "meh?"

semi agree, semi disagree.

Blizzard's doing some things I don't really care for, but as far as I can tell, they can be solved by just not grouping with non guildies anymore. Annoying, and irritating, but manageable, if inconvenient.

And I'm so happy about them bringing back challenges....

but I don't like account wide raid achieves. If I get an achieve on my mage, that says nothing about my ability to tank, melee dps, or heal, that same boss.

Edited by Layn

Not everyone is pleased with the new stuff they're adding in the next Expansion Pack.  My friend said that she's leaving on the grounds that Activision has destroyed the game's lore.  sad.gif  While I don't quite agree with that sentiment, I do agree that Blizzard has taken their April Fools joke way too far

If she's only leaving now for that reason I wouldn't believe her for a second. My brother left when Tempest Keep came out, and he was iffy with staying in BC because he knew Illidan was somehow the Big Bad even though he and Malfurion had reconciled at the end of Frozen Throne. He left because he refused to kill Kael'thas, after all the stuff they went through as the good guys in WC3. BC was where the lore started breaking down and the retcons started up (lololol Draenei). And that was before Activision.

They have nothing to do with it. They can't touch Blizzard's game plans and they know they can't; if they lose Metzen it's bye-bye Warcraft.

But Pandarens were never an April Fools' joke. Chen Stormstout was a friend of Thrall in WC3. There's Pandaren lore in the game whether you like it or not. Does no one remember Chen's Empty Keg?

Edited by Lythiaren

So, how's pvp going to be like? Since they're kinda.. neutral?.. (Or did I miss something.)

Dowanttoppost.

At lv 10 you choose whether you want to be Alliance or Horde. c:

Are you sure they weren't an April Fools joke? Before WC3 was even released, Blizzard announced a 5th race for the game: The Pandarens. Of course, anyone who payed attention to the calender could see that it was April 1st when they made that announcement, and of course, it was an April Fools joke (the announcement, I mean). But, if they weren't an April Fools joke, then all of the appearances that they've made since WC3 was released weren't Blizzard taking the joke too far like I had believed.

Are you sure they weren't an April Fools joke?  Before WC3 was even released, Blizzard announced a 5th race for the game:  The Pandarens.  Of course, anyone who payed attention to the calender could see that it was April 1st when they made that announcement, and of course, it was an April Fools joke (the announcement, I mean).  But, if they weren't an April Fools joke, then all of the appearances that they've made since WC3 was released weren't Blizzard taking the joke too far like I had believed.

Chen Stormstout was a Pandaren brewmaster. There was a whole quest chain in the Barrens about him. That was Chen's Empty Keg. He didn't make an appearance but that's because he'd left to continue his travels. The mark he'd left was Drohn in Ratchet (who appears outside of Orgrimmar during Brewfest), the brews he'd left behind, and the quest chain that started in random places in the Barrens with an empty keg.

So no, he was not an April Fools' joke.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Chen_Stormstout

He has his place in the lore and in WC3, and a TCG card and merchandise as well.

Edited by Lythiaren

Personally I think WOW is too addictive. People get hooked on it, then they lose their lives to it. If youve ever seen the World of Warcraft freak out video, that's a perfect example.

I don't consider the game addictive. I can stop playing whenever I want, and in fact, I have. I'd much rather be reading a good book than playing WoW. Unfortunately, I read too fast, and am too good at memorizing books, to do nothing but read. So I play video games too.

Yeah the WoW freakout kid is a joke even among the WoW community. Seriously that kid is nuts. So is that guy who got hacked and made a video to yell at Blizzard. xd.png

Most people who play it are normal people who put the game down when there's more important stuff to do like raising their kids. In fact one of our top healers is one such person; he left raid abruptly because his daughter had missed her curfew, and when she finally did make it home, she was completely wasted. He returned and explained the situation a few days later after he'd dealt with it. In fact, most of the people I know through the game are normal people who play the game around their life, rather than structuring their lives around the game. Mine is a late night progression raiding guild. Our raid time is set around people who work late and can't make "normal" raiding times. That's just one example of how people structure gameplay around life.

The only people you hear about are the ones who are addicted, but that's because they're unusual and people don't like discussing normal people. We don't like the addicted weirdos either, they tend to be stupid or really angry. Or both.

Weird people are... weird.

Like the guy who logged on to complain that his girlfriend was being "unreasonable" because he'd called her... something unpleasant. He was shocked when we told him off. Even more shocked when I booted him from the guild a few days later because he was telling one of our other members to do something entirely inappropriate with him...