Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

nice!

My guild's currently 5/8. Would be 6/8 but we had a hard time on sunday with our normal hunter having teh flu, and bad pugs. Probably won't get 6/8 this week, since we're taking Sunday night off.

Not even bad pugs! Just pugs that went "brb resetting router" and never came back!

Edited by Layn

Humping poor, unsuspecting victim's legs in cat form is how I spend the majority of my spare time in Orgrimmar. :P I must say though since hearing about MoP I am probably going to leave for good, the game has already changed a lot and gone downhill for me personally, and the average target audience seems to be about age 6 for the upcoming expansion, it's lost a lot of the small amount of originality it had besides all the pop culture references and it's been simplified too much, not to mention for a lot of things they are trying to fix something that isn't broken, in my opinion. But I'll still always love it, and especially love druids!

Not sure how MoP is targeting youngins. I really, really don't. I keep seeing people say this but I will never understand.

I do agree with the pop culture references though. There is a GIGANTIC LIST of all of the ones in WoW right now. I don't think we need anymore. XD I mean, they can be amusing, but there is tons of overkill in places. Like.. Uldum, for instance.

I, too. If the target age has been going down, I certainly haven't seen it in the past couple expansions. They've approached some of the more complex and serious themes. Keristrasza was raped and brainwashed by Malygos, and that's one darker example. There's plenty of kidding around with more mature themes, too. Sons of Hodir, anyone? Polishing the helm? Thrusting the spear?

But the pop culture references are fun. The entire zone of Un'goro was an homage to Nintendo, and it was awesome. Uldum's big Indiana Jones thing was excellent, and Harrison Jones and Brann Bronzebeard were existing characters that worked well with it. The thing is the pop culture references are a part of WoW, and they have been from the beginning. If you hate games with that sort of thing in them, you shouldn't have been playing WoW to begin with. Auctioneers O'Reely and Yarly? What about Sprock and Scooty? Larion and Muigin, not to mention Linken?

Edited by Lythiaren

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the pop culture references too! I loved Uldum. The Harrison Jones quests were hilarious and fun.

But I guess I like it when they are.. not so obvious? :P I dunno. Like, if I see someone say something that's from.. say, Doctor Who. I can be like "Omg, ha! :D" That's enough to get me. Anymore I think is unneeded, but I will still like it.

I just get a feeling from the snippet of upcoming Lore I have read, and the non-combat pet battles, and maybe it's the whole 'Kung fu panda' type theme that's putting me off, even though I love that film tongue.gif I reckon they are simplifying a lot of the mechanics as well. Also, I wasn't complaining about the pop culture references, I love them myself, they make me laugh! biggrin.gif

Edited by Terrakitten

Actually, Pandarens are not from Kung Fu Panda. Pandarens have been in Warcraft lore since WC3. This is less Blizzard copying Kung Fu Panda, and more the players have been asking for Pandarens as a playable race since the first four races for Alliance and Horde were announced. In fact, Kung Fu Panda copied the Pandarens. I don't think it's fair to say you don't like something out of WC3 lore just because it's similar to a movie that copied a concept out of WC3 lore.

As far as non combat pet battles go, they sound rather foolish, I admit.

However, several times this week, I've been in raids where a "ten minute break" was called. Each of these times, hardly anyone actually went AFK, and we ended up discussing how much we wished that non combat pet battles were out now so we'd have something to do while waiting for people to get back. There's something to be said for a goofy thing that can be called "doing something productive" by levelling non combat pets while you're waiting for the healers to come back.

As far as the upcoming war with the Horde, I've been wondering when all out war would break out since Wrath was released (and Garrosh became part of the Horde). The upcoming war between Alliance and Horde has been planned for a long time. Two expansions worth of time.

They're simplifying mechanics, but in a way that makes sense. Our poor hunter died on the ooze boss last night because he was forced to stand at minimum hunter weapon range, and our pug healer couldn't keep up with the red ooze damage he was taking. If he'd been able to stand with the melee, he would've lived.

I actually like the idea that every <spec> <class> will have the exact same damage increasing abilities, with the only things differing being things that don't affect damage done. I'm currently top on DPS meters over other Arcane mages, but is that because of spec or skill or gear? The changes they're making are going to make it so that there is no cookie cutter DPS spec. No cookie cutter DPS spec means that skill and gear will be the only deciding factors in determining a person's DPS. I like that they're making it skill based. Simplifying the mechanics, as you put it, doesn't make the game easier. It makes it a lot harder. Currently, if you have the right spec, you can somewhat coast on the fact that you're in the right spec when the person of the same class next to you is using a pvp build, and out DPS them and go "I am awesome!". MoP is making every person of the same class and spec inherently on the same footing. There isn't going to be any more "I picked up this talent, so I am inherently superior to you" in terms of DPS charts.

MY GUILD KILLED WARMASTER! FINALLY! ON TO SPINE!

I forget, are you running 10 or 25? >>

Mine is also on Spine in 25. 10man Madness is long dead, and if our rogue isn't done collecting clusters he will be by the end of tonight. xd.png

We're running 10 man. Just can't get the numbers for 25 man. I also have 105 essences out of 250.

We really hope to get spine done on sunday, and start on madness.

Edited by Layn

Do you guys practice at all? Like by running LFR? o_O

Most of us do. One tank and the warlock do not. Guess who kept getting blown off his back when he rolled.

Indeed. The warlock was getting blown off less by the end of the night, so I have some hopes for Sunday's raid.

Make them read the dungeon journal. Because if they'd read it they'd know what to do. >8(

Especially since people don't even roll him in LFR anymore. And for that matter they don't even bounce the pong ball on Zon'ozz.

-----

25man Madness is dead after 3 attempts. HEROIC MODE ACTIVATE!

Also, trolling LFR for giggles last night after we finished our guild raid. One of our healers randomly decided to be That Guy and take almost all the buffs on Ultraxion, and it just descended into madness from there. Oneshot everything because we were actually doing our jobs around all the goofing off, but man I could hardly play because I was laughing so hard. XD

Should've seen the rogue rage when I won all my rolls. Everyone else in the raid, including people from other servers, was telling him to shut up about RNG and let me have my loot. Sorry you rolled a 106 on a LFR agi ring I didn't have? Or the hat token I actually need? :V

Edited by Lythiaren

RNG can be a wench sometimes, though. >3> I've seen a warrior pretty much getting carried in LFR win duplicates of just about every item, then refuse to give any of them to the person who got second highest.

Isn't Blizz patching it so that people can't win duplicates of items? :s I really hope they do, because it's so annoying and rude when people do that.

Yeah they are, we just have to wait for them to push 4.3.2.

Preferably with as few bugs as possible. As much as I'd love to have my mature language filter remember that I've turned it off, I'd rather live with turning it off every login than run into a buggy patch. :x

I just want them to fix my Show Enemy Debuffs toggle so that it doesn't turn itself off. Because it doesn't uncheck, it just stops working, so I have to uncheck it, hit okay, then recheck it.

I just got the addon Immature for the language filter. It turns it off as soon as I log in on any toon. :3 So now it's like it never happened.

Oh man, I'm excited for the lunar festival. My lil' shammineer's gonna get so many pretty new things to make! I play on Wrymrest Accord (RP server), so we often use those at events.

Same here. I'm on a RP server as well, Moon Guard, and I'm also looking forward to the Lunar Festival. I just wish that whoever wrote my work schedule didn't have me working earlier than my earliest available time tomorrow. I won't be able to go to it till after I get off of work.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

All I've ever heard of MG is about Goldshire. :s Thankfully ours is just idiots and... bads.

Do you ever go to Warcraft Sues or Roleplayer's Lament? I was surprised somebody from WS managed to get into my guild. :|

All I've ever heard of MG is about Goldshire. :s Thankfully ours is just idiots and... bads.

Do you ever go to Warcraft Sues or Roleplayer's Lament? I was surprised somebody from WS managed to get into my guild. :|

Goldshire is the sole reason I refuse to roll a character on Moon Guard. It may be one of the most active RP servers, but... nngh. There was one guy who used to be on my RealID list who apparently didn't realize that RealID showed were your character was, and he'd bug me WHILE HE WAS IN MG GOLDSHIRE. It took all my willpower to stop myself from telling him "dude I know you've got a hand down your pants right now." I eventually dropped him off my list when he wasn't logged in because that's the only time he'd ever see fit to talk to me. Nggggghhhhhhhhhfjskahk.

I really wish RP would bubble up again on KT. My charaters have backstories and everything but no one to RP with who doesn't just want to sit in a cleared raid cybering. :|

I just spent a horrible hour healing a shadow labs run on an alt. The tank kept taking his gear off and pulling....

I'm well aware of the reputation of P**nshire, and I try to avoid it unless it's absolutely necessary, such as when I'm heading to Darkmoon Faire. Unfortunately, the ERPers have a bad habit of occasionally leaving Goldshire and trolling everyone in SW by running around in their underwear asking if they can join the RP. It doesn't happen often, but it's annoying when it does. Especially when they happen to be male characters and my character (who's a girl) happens to be alone at that moment.

Edited by Lightstorm12000