Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

ICEBOUND FROSTBROOD VANQUISHER GOT. FINALLY.

Stacking Necrotic Plague to 30 wasn't as boring as I thought it would be. And uh... we killed LK so fast he didn't even cast Defile. The vile spirits summoned right before he did the RP wipe and despawned while he was talking so we got Neck Deep in Vile by zerging the boss... >>

Now to get the 10man drake. And my Ironbound... Completionist mountwhoring go?

Edited by Lythiaren

People in trade chat.... were actually telling off some pug leaders for not inviting me. They were fighting over me in trade chat, and frustrated when their groups filled and I was in neither. Apparently I am desirable in a raid?

Oh gosh, Layn, I wouldn't know if to be flattered or what. x3

I never really do dungeons anymore, let alone raids. ;w; I'm always worried that I won't do well enough. My boyfriend assures me that I'm geared just fine for normal dungeons and that my damage output isn't bad, but.. blargh. I did the HH thing with him and I was always at the bottom. D: Or near it. It made me feel bad. (Luckily I got the plate DPS helm from the Horseman, which helped a wee bit.)

Don't worry about being near the bottom of a dps chart, you could be grouped with some fantastic people who are far too overgeared for the dungeon. It's more the amounts themselves that matter and if you're doing a relatively decent amount then people don't usually mind. There are people out there who expect like 20k dps in 333 or 346 average iLevel gear, but they're the ones in the wrong, so you don't really need to worry tongue.gif

What Slim said. I was just in a dungeon where my DPS was so high, I was actually tanking the horseman. On my mage. Headless Horseman isn't a good encounter to judge your dps on, because insanely geared people run it for the mount. Just because you aren't in heroic firelands gear, does not make you undergeared or bad when other people in the group are in heroic firelands gear. it just means you aren't in heroic firelands gear.

DPS also depends largely on the type of pull. >>

High mobility bosses or encounters with lots of target switching will crush my DPS like it was made of saltine crackers and largely stationary ones that let me settle down and mash my buttons without worrying much about fire will see me usually around 20kish. And then there's those two trash groups in ZG where I can easily spike up near the 200k mark if I play my cards right. Usually prompting "lol nerf swipe" in partychat. :V

Edited by Lythiaren

Ah, okay. ;w; This is the first year where I got to fight the Headless Horseman, so I didn't know. I do know that Zach didn't tell me the mechanics of the fight and I kept hitting the Horseman's body when his head flew off the first time. I felt like such a derp.

My iLevel is 342, which is okay, for not doing many dungeons, yes? I really need to replace one of my trinkets.. it's a green 318. :/ And it annoys me. Mostly because everything else is blue and purple and the green doesn't match everything else and it makes me SAAAAAD. (Yes, this is purely because of the color. Herp.)

Well, everyone does strive for purples. Mmmm purples.

One day I will get me some legendaries for the prestige. Sulfuras, Val'anyr, even Dragonwrath one day. In the meantime... always purples.

Edited by Lythiaren

DPS also depends largely on the type of pull. >>

High mobility bosses or encounters with lots of target switching will crush my DPS like it was made of saltine crackers and largely stationary ones that let me settle down and mash my buttons without worrying much about fire will see me usually around 20kish.  And then there's those two trash groups in ZG where I can easily spike up near the 200k mark if I play my cards right.  Usually prompting "lol nerf swipe" in partychat. :V

Ugh I used to get like 22k in heroic/justice gear on Commander Ul'thok in Throne of the Tides and then like 2k on Ozruk in Stonecore because I kept having to hit him from melee range sad.gif

Also Mella, I know exactly what you mean about being annoyed by greens, I bought some pvp bracers purely to replace mine despite the fact I despise mage pvp tongue.gif (though I also bought a justice point epic trinket to replace my marginally better heroic blue one and have it look better on the armoury, so I'm probably a bit worse than you for this tongue.gif)

edit: Actually my primary aim when I get WoW back is to get Thunderfury on my hunter to get the feat of strength before MoP comes out and it will be impossible for hunters sad.gif

Edited by Slim12

Wait, what? Why would Thunderfury become impossible? What's the war going to do to Molten Core?

MoP's scaling our stats back down, and I think they're assuming that it'll be hard to solo MC once they're rescaled.

Oh I meant it would be impossible because I think hunters are losing the ability to wield swords! I should've worded that more specifically tongue.gif

EDIT: I didn't actually know about this scaling stats back down thing, are they making each point mean less so numbers aren't as ridiculously high as they were in cata? Either way MC has been soloable since like level 75, so I doubt that will be an issue.

Edited by Slim12

Oh I meant it would be impossible because I think hunters are losing the ability to wield swords! I should've worded that more specifically :P

EDIT: I didn't actually know about this scaling stats back down thing, are they making each point mean less so numbers aren't as ridiculously high as they were in cata? Either way MC has been soloable since like level 75, so I doubt that will be an issue.

I think the fact that they're removing the melee slot for hunters, the ranged slot for others, AND relics.. well. That's a lot of stats gone, which I believe contributes to the scaling down. I think they're also lessening the jump in stats. (The difference between lv 80 gear and lv 85 gear was INSANE, for example.)

*sees Ragnaros, immediately tunes that out*

Blizz, I'm not being racist or anything but please put all the Spanish realms in their own group so the language barrier problem goes away.

*sees Ragnaros, immediately tunes that out*

Blizz, I'm not being racist or anything but please put all the Spanish realms in their own group so the language barrier problem goes away.

I'm actually currently trying to figure out which forum section to post a suggestion to do just that on, using that screenshot as an example...

How do people get addicted to this game? I just bought a one year subscription but I can't bring myself to actually play the game because it's so... boring. I play for like 5 minutes then quit heh.

I least I got diablo 3 out of it.

It's the people who want to get all of the achievements, all of the mounts, all of the pets, go through all of the dungeons and raids, play through all of the battlegrounds and arenas.. you know, the people who want to do EVERYTHING in the game that are the true addicts.

I'm sorry that you're bored. :c Have you tried PvP? I know that people like doing that because it's always different.

you should make an alt on my server, and level with mella's alt! : P

I've found that the game truly becomes fun after you hit max level. Grinding alts to 85 isn't the most fun, but when you are 85, the world opens up.

Hahaha. x3

I'm for some reason having a lot of fun leveling my Gnome warlock on the server. She's still below lv 10, but I've never had more fun running a warlock. o: Maybe she just needed to be a Gnome. Teehee.

It's the people who want to get all of the achievements, all of the mounts, all of the pets, go through all of the dungeons and raids, play through all of the battlegrounds and arenas.. you know, the people who want to do EVERYTHING in the game that are the true addicts.

I'm sorry that you're bored. :c Have you tried PvP? I know that people like doing that because it's always different.

Not really sure what PvP is. I think I'm bored because I need a story and I need to care about characters to play a game for a long time. When I get a quest, I don't even read it, I just read the objective and follow the arrow.

I also like a more linear game. I don't really know what I'm doing right now or where I am and I'm only in this place because all the enemies are around the same level as me.

I wouldn't mind making a new character, but then I'd lose my mounts and my pets :<. Getting mounts and pets is like the only motivation I have to play the game tongue.gif.

PvP = Player vs Player

I suggest reading the quest text. It might take longer, but if you're into story, it's worth it. ;P And are you still in the Draenei starting zone? Because that place is SO FREAKING SLOW and it is NOT LINEAR AT ALL and I HATE IT and ARGH. Get out of there, if you're still there. The rest of the world is WAAAAYYYY more linear. And has storylines you can easily follow.

are you on your warlock now?

I was just about to get on her after I ate. :3 Her name is Kathrota.

Not really sure what PvP is. I think I'm bored because I need a story and I need to care about characters to play a game for a long time. When I get a quest, I don't even read it, I just read the objective and follow the arrow.

I also like a more linear game. I don't really know what I'm doing right now or where I am and I'm only in this place because all the enemies are around the same level as me.

I wouldn't mind making a new character, but then I'd lose my mounts and my pets :<. Getting mounts and pets is like the only motivation I have to play the game tongue.gif.

Another fun thing to do is role playing (unless, of course, you're on a PvP only server). Through RPing you can create a back story for your character as well as motivations for their actions and allows you to interact with other players from your faction.

Edited by Lightstorm12000