TJ09

2022-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not getting any decorations any more, from anyone. Does this mean I have them all ? I did get a "here, have this" and nothing happened....

Probably? I don't even get that line now from some of them. XD

17 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

(Also, are all the houses supposed to be completely unplayable, or is that a bug? It just seems... unnecessary... to have so many buildings/houses in the game that you can't actually go into or do anything with. Or do they only become active once you do certain things?)

I suppose the town simply could have had no buildings in it...but then it wouldn't be very town-like.

8 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I suppose the town simply could have had no buildings in it...but then it wouldn't be very town-like.

:rofl:

THAT's funny !

@Pixxelation I apologize if I sound stupid but what does "Chanukah sameach" mean? I'm not Jewish, but I really wanna learn what it is.  LOL!

Edited by Animals65

12 minutes ago, Animals65 said:

@Pixxelation I apologize if I sound stupid but what does "Chanukah sameach" mean? I'm not Jewish, but I really wanna learn what it is.  LOL!

Happy Hanukkah/Chanukah!

Just now, Animals65 said:

@Pixxelation Ah gotcha! Thank you for explaining! I really appreciate it! ❤️

No problem!

I absolutely can't believe that I missed out on the holiday release! 😢 

10 minutes ago, Twyro said:

Look in the AP!  I've seen at least 5 new release eggs go past while I was fishing.  Good luck!

Ohhhhh! The new dragon is lovely!

Thank you artists! Yes for Hanukkah!

Also LIGHT WEAVERS ARE ACTUALLY SORTED BY THIEIR TRUE NAME INSTEAD OF "Holiday (Year)!"

Le Gasp!

Also Merry Belated Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Kwanzaa! And any other Winter Holidays!

13 minutes ago, Twyro said:

Well the wall is still there so you may get still have a chance to grab some!

Anyone know if the decorated house or garden in Frosty Farming will be visible after the event ends?

I'm enjoying playing around with all the decorations, and I have plannnns for my garden lol

I hope they are. I've planted stuff in my garden that I'd like to keep. Perhaps we need a share your house/garden thread to pique people's interest?

I am so utterly thrilled to see a Hanukkah dragon! Wow! Seeing other faiths on the site is so lovely and I really hope this is a precedent for things to come! ❤️ Huge congrats to Pixxelation and PiedPipeCleaner on this beauty — you guys did an excellent job :)

For anyone who has missed the egg release -- I am starting to see quite a few of the new eggs popping up in the AP, now.

19 hours ago, Stirfry said:

I do feel something needs to be pointed out here: Christianity is definitely not over-represented, or even represented at all, in the prior holiday dragons. Mostly they represent Yule or other European winter festival traditions. 

The dragons were literally refered to as "The Spirits of Christmas" for years. They even originally sorted as "Christmas x-year Dragon" until late 2016 when they were finally redubbed as "Holiday Dragons". 

Wow beautiful new dragon! I love that we are finally getting a Hanukkah dragon, and I really like the color scheme on these guys

1 hour ago, ValidEmotions said:

The dragons were literally refered to as "The Spirits of Christmas" for years. They even originally sorted as "Christmas x-year Dragon" until late 2016 when they were finally redubbed as "Holiday Dragons". 

That may be true, but in society nowadays 'Christmas' doesn't necessarily equal 'Christianity' or 'religion' at all. As far as I can tell, most of the 'Christmas-y' dragons in the past have stereotypical colors, bows, mistletoe, etc, none of which are specific to the religious Christmas.  

Not arguing they weren't 'Christmas dragons', just agreeing with the other poster that *Christianity* is not majorly represented. The secular (and possibly materialistic) type Christmas is.

8 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Yeah, I get the point, but it does make for a kind of disappointing experience when a large chunk of the graphics/'town' can't actually be interacted with. 

I love the new Light Weavers.  It's nice to recognize Chanukah for a change as well as just celebrating Christmas.  🙂

17 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Haha!  I didn't expect a Hanukkah dragon!😆  That is a beautiful addition to Dragon Cave's holiday breeds.  Instantly I thought of the Candelabra dragon as a mate, especially my coded "yummy"...

https://dragcave.net/lineage/YUMmY

A special thank you to the spriter's for these!

😄That's a wonderful code.

I plan to hoard as much of these Hanukkah dragons next year.

does anyone know which npcs give which decorations in the new mini game?

Edited by iiKrina

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yeah, I get the point, but it does make for a kind of disappointing experience when a large chunk of the graphics/'town' can't actually be interacted with. 

From my experience, this is common with many RPGs. For one thing, it would probably take a lot of extra space in the game to create maps/interactions for every single house you see. In one of my favorites, EarthBound, you could at least knock on the doors of some of the houses you couldn't go into and get some interesting responses from some of the occupants. Maybe the people in the buildings you can't enter are just playing Championship Level Social Distancing. ;)

Think of it like real life too: You can't go into every single house you see, only the ones where people you know live, or those open to visitors.