TJ09

2022-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

6 hours ago, Melusina said:

... so am I the only nerd coming back to the advent calendar every day hoping to find Mana Alchemy?

No, I loved that game! That and the tetris.

7 hours ago, Melusina said:

... so am I the only nerd coming back to the advent calendar every day hoping to find Mana Alchemy?

No. I love that one, too! There's still one more door...

Happy New Year, DC!

I love the new dragons - both for their design and for what they represent. Beautiful art quality and those alts are STUNNING. Happy new year! 

I have a question. How to breed dragons from one breed since only one sex is available? This event gave two of them, mine are both female.

Btw I kinda expected more. Candlestick dragon?

22 minutes ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

I have a question. How to breed dragons from one breed since only one sex is available? This event gave two of them, mine are both female.

Btw I kinda expected more. Candlestick dragon?

Most Valentine and Winter holiday dragons are single sex. You cannot have purebreds of those. They can be bred with other breeds of the opposite sex.

I do hope the lineage page is adjusted to zoom in just a little. They seem more zoomed out and a little blurrier than most lineage pictures.

Other than that I love them and Pixxelation's post is so heartwarming! I love this little corner of the internet so much. Happy New Year everyone. ❤️

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

No, I loved that game! That and the tetris.

Heck, no, I wait for it although inpatiently. :P

playing on firefox fixed most of my problems

Edited by Meruru

I've just noticed the 'Holiday Hub' has been added to the dropdown menu on mobile! ;)

1 hour ago, Mystic_Halo said:

Is it fire that is on the blue tips on the Light Weaver's antlers?

They look like candle flames, but didn't turn a Pyropellis' fire blue. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/uuBD5

Yes tiny flames on candles like a Menorah.

16 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

Yes tiny flames on candles like a Menorah.

Thanks for answering

If this is so, then does anyone know when people can breed them to get blue Pyropellis?

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Huh ? What drop down menu ?

On mobile, when you click the three bars at the top left -

these ones:

Screenshot_20230102-151459.thumb.png.1490e7544d3458b172d03c6e52585e40.png

you get this:

Screenshot_20230102-151506.thumb.png.3feefe212a2a6eaf531d9577e5fa3e88.png

and the Holiday Hub has been added as an option. :)

2 hours ago, Mystic_Halo said:

Thanks for answering

If this is so, then does anyone know when people can breed them to get blue Pyropellis?

There are 2 blues for Pyropellis flames, Cyan and Dark Blue. I linked the forum thread with the full discussion of the mechanics but here is the short answer.

For Cyan flames, breed to Fire Gem (Red), Hellfire Wyvern (Female), or Hellhorse (Female).

For Dark Blue flames, breed to Brimstone, Carina, or Falconiform Wyvern.

Do we know if the Light Weavers cancel out the existing flame color (turn Pyropellis flames orange)?

12 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Do we know if the Light Weavers cancel out the existing flame color (turn Pyropellis flames orange)?

I can confirm, Light Weavers don't cancel out the existing flame color.

624772499_ScreenShot2023-01-02at4_20_15PM.png.82e3362c24eba04d0b44f4b605362f61.png

48 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

There are 2 blues for Pyropellis flames, Cyan and Dark Blue. I linked the forum thread with the full discussion of the mechanics but here is the short answer.

For Cyan flames, breed to Fire Gem (Red), Hellfire Wyvern (Female), or Hellhorse (Female).

For Dark Blue flames, breed to Brimstone, Carina, or Falconiform Wyvern.

The Pyropellis matches the color of it's mate's fire, if it has any, when bred. 

If the Light Weaver's have light blue fire, it should turn the Pyropellis to light blue.  If the Light Weavers blue light is not from fire, it wouldn't change the fire on the Pryopellis. 

It looks like candle flames, but is only described as light in the dragon's description.  So I'm not sure if the lack of change is an easily missed oversight or an actual game mechanic. 

Edited by Mystic_Halo

54 minutes ago, Mystic_Halo said:

It looks like candle flames, but is only described as light in the dragon's description.  So I'm not sure if the lack of change is an easily missed oversight or an actual game mechanic. 

Astaarus, Amarignis, and Blazeback dragons are three other breeds that have no affect on the color of a Pyropellis' flames despite having their own varying flame colors (according to the Pyropellis spreadsheet over on this forum), so it could possibly be an intended game mechanic.

Edited by Rhikasa

23 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

Astaarus, Amarignis, and Blazeback dragons are three other breeds that have no affect on the color of a Pyropellis' flames despite having their own varying flame colors (according to the Pyropellis spreadsheet over on this forum), so it could possibly be an intended game mechanic.

Oh that's interesting.  It seems like the Amarignis and the Blazeback would change them to orange.  

It seems like this is how the Light Weavers are meant to work, or maybe the Pyropellis are no longer being matched up to change color with new dragons.  Either way, unless new information comes about, this appears to be an intentional game mechanic and not an oversight. 

Thank you so much to everyone who replied.