TJ09

2022-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

1 hour ago, mishhelle said:

I’ve been playing on mobile and just gave up trying to swerve so I just veer to the left in the beginning and let the character free fall down. they get stuck a bit but I always end up with at least 20 candy with zero effort. 

That's Delivery Race, not Cocoa Rush.  I do exactly the same.  Head left and free fall with a few bumps along the way.  With cocoa rush, I've managed to serve about 75 customers before it beats me, but you don't get many points for your effort - I think 31 was my highest. I'm almost tempted to just lose instantly for 3 points - lol.  As you can probably tell, I'm really not keen on Arcade-style games, I simply do them to gain the day's candy. 

2 hours ago, Moondragon007 said:

My thoughts are that either they're included just for atmosphere, or they're reserved for a future event.

Ah, good point.  Spring will be Valentine . . . 

Edited by LadyMadonna

Hmm. My wreath shifts off my door every time I leave my house.

4 hours ago, Yubelchen said:

Shopkeeper/Eva loves Snowdrop Muffins & Air Mana
right Shopkeeper/Tebald loves baked goods

How are you able to gift to them? They only ever ask me if I want to buy stuff.

18 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

That's Delivery Race, not Cocoa Rush.  I do exactly the same.  Head left and free fall with a few bumps along the way.  With cocoa rush, I've managed to serve about 75 customers before it beats me, but you don't get many points for your effort - I think 31 was my highest. 

oopsie, I missed that part. I don’t like the hot cocoa game bc I don’t want to do customer service irl nor in a game. 

aaanyway…can’t wait for midnight when my new eggies hatch!!🙀

21 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hmm. My wreath shifts off my door every time I leave my house.

How are you able to gift to them? They only ever ask me if I want to buy stuff.

You have to go behind the counter.  Go as far as you can - as if you're trying to walk through the wall and then you can turn to your left and walk behind them.

Yul (the miner) has stopped giving me any gifts.  The dialogue is the same.  I get the exclamation mark and the promise to repay my kindness, but no gift.  Maybe he's run out of things to give me . . .

Hmm . . . and now the same with Remi - no gift . . .  EDIT: No more gifts from anyone . . . I've tried reloading in case it's just a temporary glitch . . . but, nada . . .

Spoiler

The only gift that I think may be missing is green bows for railings.  This is my total list:

Deck

• Festive tree (red) (green) (blue)
  • Bag of Gifts
  • Wisteria
  • Gingerbread House

Door

• [EDIT: Snowflake - just got this from Jean] 
  • Wreath
  • Bow (blue) (gold) (green) (pink) (red) (white)

Front

• Large Snowflake
  • Large Wreath
  • Bow (blue) (gold) (green) (pink) (red) (white)

Hedges (Front) & (Left)

• Hedge Lights
  • Bows (blue) (gold) (green) (pink) (red) (white)
  • Bunnies
  • Wisteria

Railings (Front) (Left) (Right)

• Gold Garland
  • Silver Garland
  • Bows (blue) (gold) (green - is there, but appears as a blank line in the list - thanks @Ferdish for spotting that glitch!) (pink) (red) (white)
  • Squirrels
  • Wisteria

Roof

• Glystere Roof Lights (multi) (red/yellow) (yellow) (red/green)
  • Bows (blue) (gold) (green) (pink) (red) (white)
  • Icicles
  • Squirrels
  • Wisteria
  • Glystere Dragon

Windows (Left) (Middle) & (Right)

• Candelabra 1 2 3 & 4
  • Curtains (blue) (purple) (green) (yellow) (black) (red)

Edited by LadyMadonna
Updated list of items

I've stopped getting gifts too! I assume it's just that I've already gotten all the items, lol. I'm still enjoying the game a lot, it's very cute

1 hour ago, LadyMadonna said:

You have to go behind the counter.  Go as far as you can - as if you're trying to walk through the wall and then you can turn to your left and walk behind them.

Thanks!

@mishhelleI tried twice today to get Yul to talk to me. No luck! I really hope I do not have to reset my game! I worked so hard to get to the point where I am now and I don't want to lose any progress! :(

11 minutes ago, Animals65 said:

@mishhelleI tried twice today to get Yul to talk to me. No luck! I really hope I do not have to reset my game! I worked so hard to get to the point where I am now and I don't want to lose any progress! :(

If the theory suggested here is correct, then I doubt resetting would do anything to help anyway! You could try a hard refresh of the page though, in case TJ has updated the game since then in a way that fixes the problem.

4 minutes ago, Animals65 said:

@MessengerDragonThat could work! I'll try that too and see what happens. Thank you for the suggestion!

I had to switch from using Firefox to using Safari to interact with Yul. I did not lose any game progress.

I had to disable both my adblocker and my tracker-blocker to talk to Yul (miner at the far edge of town, next to the Magelight). Got a yellow exclamation mark from Wild Eggs as a gift.

Edit: also got the yellow exclamation mark from giving Sanst a Hazelnut.

Edited by PlatinumDream

Hooray for a female-only breed and they sound promising. I love the idea when you think of Candlelight and how it makes things warm and cozy.

I’ve stopped getting gifts but I also don’t have all the decorations other have mentioned here. Too many wrong gifts? 

@mishhelle

I know that much but I don't know how to make other gifts when I can't plant more crops to make more hay, flour, etc.  I thought when I harvested I'd get more seeds but I didn't so I can't make all the gifts.

18 minutes ago, Vic said:

I thought when I harvested I'd get more seeds but I didn't so I can't make all the gifts.

You can buy seeds from the shop in town. There's a cave on the west side of the forest that has a lot of mana crystals you can collect to trade for seeds.

I got 8420 on the cocoa rush game! Only earned me 42 candy, so the sledding one is the better ratio of time:candy, but hey, I think that's a new highscore for me! ^.^

@LadyMadonna

I'm pretty sure our lists are identical aside from one thing - I've also got a snowflake that goes on the door to match the large one available for the "front" of the house. If you're missing that then you should be able to get it from someone still.

My largest Hazelnut patch isn't replenishing. The smaller one's fine, I don't know if it's normal or should I let TJ know?

10 hours ago, mishhelle said:

I’ve been playing on mobile and just gave up trying to swerve so I just veer to the left in the beginning and let the character free fall down. they get stuck a bit but I always end up with at least 20 candy with zero effort. 

Yul wouldn’t speak to me yesterday but today he did. I offered him

Hide contents

magi mana

and he responded with a “!” and gave me a gift in return.

You can't offer him a gift till you get the "give gift" bubble. I cannot get that.

And I STILL can't.

I get this

image.png.6a347ec09570b68f4d4fb3426e262e41.png

And nothing I press will give me a speech bubble.

By the way - where can I see what decorations I have - I think I have a garland but nothing gives me tee option to use it.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

That's what I get to talk to people, Fuzz but that one won't talk to me either.

10 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Deck

• Festive tree (red) (green) (blue)
  • Bag of Gifts
  • Wisteria
  • Gingerbread House

I can't use my wisteria on my deck....

8 hours ago, casprrr said:

I had to switch from using Firefox to using Safari to interact with Yul. I did not lose any game progress.

OH - OK - got Yul to talk in Brave. But I still can';t decorate my deck.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can't use my wisteria on my deck....

There's several wisterias - each one has a particular place it can go. Unfortunately, their names are indistinguishable. XD For a while I'd thought we could get duplicates of things we already had because the wisteria dragon gave me wisteria two gifts in a row. :P