TJ09

2022-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

OH ! Thank you ! Is there nowhere we can see all the decorations we own ?

I'm doing really rubbish with gifts.  I'll soon be able to set up a shop with Bows. Even giving people what I think they want.  I did just get some icicles though.

Baking is awkward.  I do something and invariably there's an ingredient missing that I haven't a clue what it is with the small picture. I've harvested loads and collected loads in the forest.

I guess I ought to just nip to the shop for more flour and stuff and work my way down the list!

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OH ! Thank you ! Is there nowhere we can see all the decorations we own ?

Doesn't seem to be. Only the list for each section.

I noticed two bugs:

1. When you put an arbitrary bow on your cabin's door it's centered, but after leaving the area and getting back the bow moves into the upper right corner of the door.

Spoiler

bow1.th.png bow2.th.png

2. Green bows appear as blank in the list of railing decorations (doesn't matter if left, right or front).

Spoiler

bow3.th.png

9 minutes ago, Ferdish said:

When you put an arbitrary bow on your cabin's door it's centered, but after leaving the area and getting back the bow moves into the upper right corner of the door.

I'm having the exact same problem with my door wreath!

When I place it, it's fine:

Screenshot_20221227-082126.thumb.jpg.c4e22c4285afb5be62d0b2f50d8f8c91.jpg

When I leave the screen and return, it moves up and to the left:

Screenshot_20221227-083024.jpg.a221a1663676b272d6e0c86e4f41491c.jpg

I tried to deliberately get 0 on delivery race to see what would happen.

I got it just before finishing, the game just carries on it seems XD

Crashed into literally everything; tree trios and those double rocks were great for this. 

I think it gave me 10 candy after.

image.png.f906aff8ffc554c5f1ad206fb1586ea5.png

Need to try frosty farming yet, tried on mobile but couldnt quite get it to work, may just be me.

37 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Need to try frosty farming yet, tried on mobile but couldnt quite get it to work, may just be me.

You should see some transparent overlays. The arrows to the left help you move. The blue dot is enter and will activate speech/text boxes. Click the suitcase to see your inventory; click again to exit. The green button exits you from the crafting and baking.

Oh my gosh!  Thank goodness for the 3-day drop -- I literally forgot there were new eggs to catch until just now!  Phew! 

Also, the eggs are soooooo pretty!  I love the blue-and-bronze hues, and the silver swirls.  Rich colors, rich textures, festive, shiny, lovely.  🙂

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Yep, mine won't stay in the center either.

I also can't get that one guy talk to me but I haven't tried any of the suggested fixes yet so I can't complain, hah.

There seems to be lots of small bugs, I hope some of them would be fixed later because overall it's a fun holiday game.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

When I place it, it's fine:

When I leave the screen and return, it moves up and to the left:

Hah, if this game was made in Game Maker, I bet I know the exact reason why this is happening...

I stopped receiving decorations when I give gifts! Does this mean I've collected everything? And I still haven't talked with that pygmy guy...

2 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I tried to deliberately get 0 on delivery race to see what would happen.

I got it just before finishing, the game just carries on it seems XD

Crashed into literally everything; tree trios and those double rocks were great for this. 

I think it gave me 10 candy after.

image.png.f906aff8ffc554c5f1ad206fb1586ea5.png

Reading that just caused me to nearly spit my mouthful of coffee over my laptop!  So funny!  Very impressed, @Ruffledfeathers 🤣

46 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

We're trying out the interactive maps feature on Fandom this year: http://dragoncave.wiki/Map:Frosty_Farming:_Town_of_Breza

Wish I knew about that yesterday, @Stromboli - I'd spent so long running up the wrong avenue of trees, that I tried making my own map of the forest using screenshots and Photoshop 😉

@Quinney - one of my hazelnut patches wasn't replenishing yesterday.  Then I realised that I must have left just one uncollected on the patch some hours previously.  As soon as I collected that one, the rest started to reappear.

Where do I find air mana ?

HEY - and I HAD a red tree as well as a green one but the red one has vanished :(

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 hours ago, Quinney said:

Baking is awkward.  I do something and invariably there's an ingredient missing that I haven't a clue what it is with the small picture. I've harvested loads and collected loads in the forest.

I guess I ought to just nip to the shop for more flour and stuff and work my way down the list!

Note that you can make some of your own ingredients at your own benches.  You can make flour and cocoanut milk at the crafting bench.  Sugar and Cocoanut milk can be made at the baking bench, assuming you've harvested the appropriate plants.

Edited by LadyMadonna

Really wish the benches in Frosty Farming showed you not just what items/ingredients were required for each item, but also how many of those items/ingredients you have available in your inventory.  [EDIT: I mean, I know I have the required one or two that the recipe requires, but are they the only ones that I have, or are there 20 more of them in my inventory?]  The icons and numbers are so small and it's really hard to scroll up and down the inventory to see what you've actually got.  Nigh on impossible on the mobile! 

The same is true when buying from the shop.  It would help to know how much of each form of mana we have at the time.  For that matter, it would help when giving gifts, too . . .

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

HEY - and I HAD a red tree as well as a green one but the red one has vanished :(

That's odd, @Fuzzbucket - have you tried closing and reloading the game? 

What exactly does "Reset" do?  I don't think that it puts you back to the beginning, wiping everything you've already done, because I know I've had to use it to back out of dialogues at the benches when I didn't have the right stuff to actually make anything.

Edited by LadyMadonna
To clarify my meaning

@LadyMadonna Never thought I might have left  one behind.  As for the baking, I've been making some of my own stuff and growing everything.  I've just twice run out of what looks like a burger in a bun (although I know that's not what it is!)

I'm waiting for some very clever person to find every detail and put it all in a spoiler for us who need it, as happened at Halloween a few years ago!

14 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

We have lists of items on the wiki: http://dragoncave.wiki/Current_release

Still working on getting things organized into a game guide 😅

Thank you so much!  You'd think that after 12 years here common sense would tell me to go and look there, but it never does! 😂

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

We have lists of items on the wiki: http://dragoncave.wiki/Current_release

Still working on getting things organized into a game guide 😅

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you're putting into that, it's really amazing what you've got going so far! The sheer amount of stuff is a LOT and you've done amazing work gettingit all togetherso fast! (The interactive map, holy crow, that's cool.) Your effort and time put into it are very much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Dragon Mage said:

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you're putting into that, it's really amazing what you've got going so far! The sheer amount of stuff is a LOT and you've done amazing work gettingit all togetherso fast! (The interactive map, holy crow, that's cool.) Your effort and time put into it are very much appreciated!

Seconded!

Happy Holidays, Everyone!! :D

Can I say I'm insanely happy, or will be, if my hunch that this year's dragon is a Hanukkah one?! :D I've seen a ton of antisemitism this year on the 'net and even the thought of something nice that's connected to my faith, makes me sooo HAPPY I could cry!😭 Thank you, TJ & Spriters, it's appreciated more than you'll ever know! ❤️ 

Sorry if this is the wrong thread since I literally never use the forums, but, is level 50 the max level you can reach with Snow Wars? Because if so, I want to make my ford pretty instead of filled to the brim with snowball trebuchets 😅