TJ09

2022-09-25 - September Dragon Release

So basically Metachrosis...is Corporealize (Celestial BSA) minus the whole "allowing the dragon to be killed" bit that Corporealize has. At least this is what I'm getting from this conversation. I mean they both change the appearance of the dragon you use it on. They both enable them to breed AND produce a multiclutch (up to 4 eggs). They both have a 28 day cool down. Literally, as I said before, the only difference is Celestials can only be killed after using Corporealize on them while the new Painted Rays can apparently be killed whenever.

Guess they're running out of BSA ideas to already be pretty much recycling one. (Not that I'm complaining lol)

I do love the Berry Drakes best out of the new ones though. They seem a bit ADHD with getting distracted by their own fireball display lol.

I’m not overly fond of drakes but…it’s official…I absolutely love love LOVE the berry drake and shall be paired up with my Dorkface and Thwud beauties once they’re all grown up. :D

On 9/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, Tiira said:

Ooh I love the hatchies! The pygmies look like rays, and the drakes, well, they're simply adorable. ❤️

Rays! I knew it!

Well done, artists, as always. The male ray must be my favourite this month.

Ooh! Adults! I love the Pygmy sprites. The Drake is fun and colorful but the pygmies have my heart this release!

1 hour ago, Shin'a'in said:

I’m not overly fond of drakes but…it’s official…I absolutely love love LOVE the berry drake and shall be paired up with my Dorkface and Thwud beauties once they’re all grown up. :D

How - they can't breed with regular dragons....

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How - they can't breed with regular dragons....

I have a Thuwed drake on my scroll, so there are a few in existence. I might breed a Berry with it. 

I love both the releases so much! The art's so beautiful and the description on both is amazing. I love the manta-like pygmies and how they hide under sand. And BSA on them is amazing - a few of us were talking on the discord like, a week or so ago, how the other breeding groups should have an equivalent BSA to celestial dragons, so this is just really cool to see

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

I have a Thuwed drake on my scroll, so there are a few in existence. I might breed a Berry with it. 

Yes but not a Dorkface drake.....

3 hours ago, Vampyre said:

So basically Metachrosis...is Corporealize (Celestial BSA) minus the whole "allowing the dragon to be killed" bit that Corporealize has. At least this is what I'm getting from this conversation. I mean they both change the appearance of the dragon you use it on. They both enable them to breed AND produce a multiclutch (up to 4 eggs). They both have a 28 day cool down. Literally, as I said before, the only difference is Celestials can only be killed after using Corporealize on them while the new Painted Rays can apparently be killed whenever.

Guess they're running out of BSA ideas to already be pretty much recycling one. (Not that I'm complaining lol)

It's a feature that has thus far been limited to standard breeding group dragons, having a duplicate in a different breeding group is the only way to spread the functionality out.

Also, TJ has stated in the past that he doesn't mind dupe BSAs. I'm only surprised Corporealize was duped before something like Incubate, Teleport, or Influence.

58 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

It's a feature that has thus far been limited to standard breeding group dragons, having a duplicate in a different breeding group is the only way to spread the functionality out.

Also, TJ has stated in the past that he doesn't mind dupe BSAs. I'm only surprised Corporealize was duped before something like Incubate, Teleport, or Influence.

You said it yourself. The reason why Corporealize was duped is because of its limited functionality. It is ONLY usable by and on Celestials. Meaning that pygmies cannot even be paired with a partner that uses it. However the other BSAs you mentioned, while controlled BY standard breeding group dragons, are usable by those dragons on ALL groups. Why would we need a secondary Teleport when the original works perfectly fine for ALL eggs and hatchlings? Incubate and Influence works for ALL eggs across all the groups (Minus of course the single gender breeds.) The functionality on those 3 are already spread out to the fullest reaches of the site.

Top notch lore on both of these; the Painted Rays are simple yet perfectly fitting and functional to their setting. The Berries as an invasive species fits with the general feel of drakes and it's pretty unique.

Really liking the adults!

I love the coloring and the lore of the Painted Rays. And a new Pygmy is always welcome.

The stance of the Berry drake reminds me a lot of the Tatterdrake, which I love. Looks so fierce! And again, new drakes welcome!

Thanks to everyone who had a part in bringing these new creatures to life!

2 hours ago, Vampyre said:

You said it yourself. The reason why Corporealize was duped is because of its limited functionality. It is ONLY usable by and on Celestials. Meaning that pygmies cannot even be paired with a partner that uses it. However the other BSAs you mentioned, while controlled BY standard breeding group dragons, are usable by those dragons on ALL groups. Why would we need a secondary Teleport when the original works perfectly fine for ALL eggs and hatchlings? Incubate and Influence works for ALL eggs across all the groups (Minus of course the single gender breeds.) The functionality on those 3 are already spread out to the fullest reaches of the site.

I mean, alleviating demand slightly is one easy reason I can think of, and it's one that's been discussed for literally years (at least as long as I've been playing). One or two dupes to basic functionality BSAs isn't going to crater Red or Magi demand, and it'll give newbies an easier time getting them and let people have options if they don't care for a particular sprite.

e: To be clear, this is just explaining why i'm surprised Corporealize.... 2!!! happened first; I just expected a concept to have had a different dupe BSA already.

Edited by Guillotine

I love both dragons! So much! ❤️

Those Berry drakes have just become my favorite drakes.

5 hours ago, Vampyre said:

Why would we need a secondary Teleport when the original works perfectly fine for ALL eggs and hatchlings?

Because it's boring to have to collect one breed that you may dislike or even hate just for basic functionality? Options are a good thing, and TJ's already said in the past he's not opposed to duplicate BSAs on different breeds.

6 hours ago, Vampyre said:

Why would we need a secondary Teleport when the original works perfectly fine for ALL eggs and hatchlings? Incubate and Influence works for ALL eggs across all the groups (Minus of course the single gender breeds.)

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Because it's boring to have to collect one breed that you may dislike or even hate just for basic functionality? Options are a good thing, and TJ's already said in the past he's not opposed to duplicate BSAs on different breeds.

Also, imagine the amount of different creative ways people could take the concepts of the BSAs we already have. I personally like most of the dragons we have for the BSAs, but I still wouldn't be apposed to maybe a space dragon that uses wormholes to teleport or something of that sort.

They both look nice! I like them berry much. :D

Now I need to update my drake thread too. Been lazy and buzy.