TJ09

2022-09-25 - September Dragon Release

25 minutes ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

Their wings are too thick and heavy to fly in the air, but adults can leap out of the water with enough force to glide for a bit above the water. Babies can be seen trying to practice this behavior and belly flopping at the surface, especially during the rain.

Oh, that's adorable! :D

Now I love the Rays even more! Awesome lore and realization - they seem so small and simple but everything in them is just right. Thank you!

Late to seeing the adults but I love them! The drake looks a little more aggressive/mean than most of the other drakes but I love the colors. And the pygmy! We have a pygmy multi-clutch ability now?? That's so cool! 

4 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

Their wings are too thick and heavy to fly in the air, but adults can leap out of the water with enough force to glide for a bit above the water. Babies can be seen trying to practice this behavior and belly flopping at the surface, especially during the rain. They love to play in the rain.

Awwwww so cute!  .... Need to freeze a hatchie and name it something belly-flop related, lol. 

Very cute! Honestly whether the pygmy is amphithere or leviathan doesn't matter for zombies since we don't have either of those yet.

That's cool, I'll just cry over how absolutely adorable these rays are. I'm so happy to have a dragon that looks like my favorite sea creature - they're so cute. 😭

18 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

1928041652_coloredconceptart.thumb.png.15b3080350c2e8fc4669fafe37d2513f.png

Painted Rays have venomous spines along their necks that they use primarily for defense. These spines grow in as they mature and are only potent once they reach adulthood. The venom won't kill anything bigger than them, but it'll make whatever is stung sick long enough for them to make their escape. The spines detach easily and will regrow fully within just a few weeks. Their tails they use like whips to stun small fish. Babies can eat fish right out of the egg, but might need it to be torn into smaller bite sized pieces first.

Groups of Painted Rays will often nest in the same area since that will be where the ideal water temperature is for their eggs, creating a pygmy kindergarten for all the eggs and newborns.

Their wings are too thick and heavy to fly in the air, but adults can leap out of the water with enough force to glide for a bit above the water. Babies can be seen trying to practice this behavior and belly flopping at the surface, especially during the rain. They love to play in the rain.

Ooh, that's sooo cute! :D

Nice release! I really like the colors of the berry drake and the rays are very cute. Cool to have a multiclutch option for pygmies now too.

OH COOOOOOOOL! I wish we could keep the effect permanently... :wub:

Edited by D-wing

thank you so much to infinis and kit for the lovely new adults!

i'm always a fiend for a good drake... can't wait to add more to my collection, these are amazing. love how it adds more depth to drakes than just the usual "dumb and has antlers" -- the berry drakes might be easily distracted, but they're intelligent enough to stand up and wield magic! that's exciting.

and the pygmy, wow! what an adorable little dude. it's fantastic that we have a "celestial" for the pygmy breeding now, and that we have the first pygmy amphiptere on site! wonder what the zombie will look like? i believe the only combinations that don't exist yet are pygmy sea serpents and two-headed wingless... and with all the love that the minority breeding groups have been receiving lately, maybe we'll see those soon!

I LOVE Metachrosis; it's just got me out of a blocked lineage !

11 hours ago, ylangylang said:

Finally used metachrosis on my grown pygmies. Very pretty. Thanks for the release!

Screenshot_20220930-155256_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-155316_Samsung Internet.jpg

OoO?! That.... just made them more awesome!!! 

Also I found this while in one of the hatch sites and I couldn't resist how cute it was. I have to post.

unknown.png.bfe719f620b53248be0a97fd38abf091.pngunknown.png.3edf2329a5dc360d88138c5a17df06ff.png
Parent and child touching noses. ❤️

32 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Also I found this while in one of the hatch sites and I couldn't resist how cute it was. I have to post.

unknown.png.bfe719f620b53248be0a97fd38abf091.pngunknown.png.3edf2329a5dc360d88138c5a17df06ff.png
Parent and child touching noses. ❤️

:wub: i love dc screenshots that seem to show interaction between species and individual dragons, and this one might be my new favorite. thanks for sharing it!

You know how when the encyclopedia was updated zombies would show up as incomplete even if you unlocked all variants? I wonder if this release adding a new type of pygmy zombie has anything to do with it. If Painted Rays and their zombies were coded into the site but unavailable until release date,  then that would mean one zombie type you couldn't get, so that entry would remain incomplete no matter what you did 

Late to the release as usual, but thankfully I was able to grab one of each in the Coast. Maybe we'll finally get a release that's a little more 'common' than the last few.

I apologize for sounding stupid, but can someone explain to me what Metachrosis does please? I wanna understand what happens if I use the BSA.

6 minutes ago, Animals65 said:

I apologize for sounding stupid, but can someone explain to me what Metachrosis does please? I wanna understand what happens if I use the BSA.

Your pygmy will change colour and be able to breed. It can't breed if you don't use Metachrosis on it.

5 hours ago, miaou said:

:wub: i love dc screenshots that seem to show interaction between species and individual dragons, and this one might be my new favorite. thanks for sharing it!

Same. Normally I would have posted it to the screenshot thread, but since its one of the new breeds it felt right to post it here. 

ETA: If anyone wants to breed their new Pygmies with anything they follow the same rules as Celestials, including cooldown time. I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere above, but I found out too late with my first two adults. 

Halloween is next month in case anyone wanted to breed these guys with their Pumpkins.

Edited by Syiren

On 9/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, Lagie said:

Your pygmy will change colour and be able to breed. It can't breed if you don't use Metachrosis on it.

Oh okay. I understand now. Thank you for explaining I really appreciate it! ❤️