TJ09

2021-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

Ugh. So far it’s already looking like I’m not going to be able to snag it again thanks to the power and net going poof practically every other 20 minutes give or take. *shakes fist at the sucktastic weather*

Should anyone happen to get one of the 2019 egg that they don’t need or are gifting please pm me. ;)

The scramble for eggs begins 🍳 Happy Holidays. :iraptor:

[mystery solved]

Edited by 0x08

2 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

The scramble for eggs begins 🍳 Happy Holidays. :iraptor:

I don't know if it's just me doing something wrong, but not every Holiday dragon seems to appear in the Trade Hub breed dropdown. Is this intended behavior?

image.png.9279f9aa806d7b64b336c8919189c4fa.png

Do you have the egg image in your encyclopedia? Iirc, the name only shows up if you have owned at least one egg/hatchie/etc and gotten data for it since the encyclopedia was introduced (I don't have some of the Dinos in my dropdown for that reason).

4 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

Do you have the egg image in your encyclopedia? Iirc, the name only shows up if you have owned at least one egg/hatchie/etc and gotten data for it since the encyclopedia was introduced (I don't have some of the Dinos in my dropdown for that reason).

Ohhh. That's why. Thanks for letting me know.

Okay, bred all the Holidays I needed for lineages.

Now to scour the AP to see if I can find any fresh blood for the lineages.

Can't wait for the event and the new dragon, though is it bad that I'm really only excited for the (hopeful) return of the Tetris Puzzles and Mana Alchemy?

1 minute ago, 0x08 said:

No problem; the most reliable method of knowing if you have the info (outside of mantually checking the encyclopedia itself) is going onto the egg/hatchie/adult's page and seeing if you the have a breed link to its encyclopedia entry (the one on the right is an adult Yellow Dino I own, but don't have the egg entry for as I got the dino before the encyclopedia was a thing).

image.png.6cbc4585b7e53cf3b9a9ba59315259aa.pngimage.png.6b52418524edb459cfa1a99893225e41.png

You can also click other people's eggs to gain the info (hatcheries work well for that), though you usually have to 'see' a couple of different eggs/hatchies/adults to get the image entry.

10 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Go click and view 5 on any hatchery. That will unlock the egg sprite. 

42 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

You can also click other people's eggs to gain the info (hatcheries work well for that), though you usually have to 'see' a couple of different eggs/hatchies/adults to get the image entry.

38 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Go click and view 5 on any hatchery. That will unlock the egg sprite. 

Yeah I'll definitely go on a hatchery tour right now. :P

There we go, I got all of them.

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

Can't wait for the event and the new dragon, though is it bad that I'm really only excited for the (hopeful) return of the Tetris Puzzles and Mana Alchemy?

Same here. I’d like to finish the Labor of Love event- had a few of the stories left before it closed!

7 hours ago, MissK. said:

The point of having the extra row is so that regular eggs are not dying behind the holiday wall. If they first showed up after the 25th, all the eggs that we're seeing now would be dead, so it would rather defeat the point. 

That being said, being able to see more holidays and more regulars by having a separate AP would solve both issues.

IIRC TJ has said we all have to see the same AP. If there were two that wouldn't hold... (Full disclosure - I don't mind one way orthe other.)

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

IIRC TJ has said we all have to see the same AP. If there were two that wouldn't hold... (Full disclosure - I don't mind one way orthe other.)

I know that has been his argument for some AP suggestions. But 2 APs are no different than 6 biomes (or 6 regular and 1 holiday) as far as I'm concerned. They wouldn't be filtered in different ways for certain users, everyone would see the exact same thing in each of them. Either way, doesn't really matter right now, I just wanted to point out that adding a line of eggs to the AP was done for a reason. 

has there been an explanation at any point in the last few years that I most likely missed why there are limits on just the holiday dragons and not the others? why can we have 3000 CB halloween dragons but not holiday ones?

37 minutes ago, Desirai said:

has there been an explanation at any point in the last few years that I most likely missed why there are limits on just the holiday dragons and not the others? why can we have 3000 CB halloween dragons but not holiday ones?

The word is that Halloween is about grabbing all the candy you can, while Christmas and Valentines are for sharing. That argument doesn't really hold up in the long run, though, because people are actually less likely to share when the breed is scarce than when you can have as many as you want. There have been suggestions many times to allow the limits to change, but TJ has not done anything about it. If you want to weigh in on the latest suggestion you can find it here.

I have bred all the Hollies that I want to keep for myself and sent some nice multiclutched eggs to the AP. Now I will be moving on to some of the other breeds. I am still not sure if I will breed any of the ones I don't intend to keep. The AP just seems to get so overwhelmed and the wall seems to last longer every year.

Edited by purplehaze

I don't mind the long AP wall, but it shouldn't be as much of an issue this year, should it, since the bottom row still displays the non-holidays now?

4 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

The Tetris one is my very favorite DC-event game ever, out of everything we've ever had, so I'm right there with you on that one!

Being an 'old-timer' around here, sometimes it still amazes me how much things have changed. I remember when Hollys were the rarest thing in the game and almost impossible to find... Now we have actual Holly AP walls!!

1 hour ago, Aniia said:

I don't mind the long AP wall, but it shouldn't be as much of an issue this year, should it, since the bottom row still displays the non-holidays now?

Correct, though the biggest problem of the Holiday wall is the CBs that end up filtering in. Players at their limits can not pick up more CBs, so it relies on those without them to clear CBs from the AP.

{post moved to appropriate thread}

Edited by 0x08

Grabbed 4 Glystere and 4 Wintertide Eggs before they get hard to grab until the end of the holiday (were they become easier to grab again)

Good luck to everyone else!

16 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

(from Breed Limits)

I know this refers to caveborn eggs, but without this prior knowledge it's a bit confusing — it looks like it refers to any and all eggs of a breed, including bred ones... not to mention that Guardian of Nature eggs and Leetle Trees cannot be abandoned in the first place.

Could a clarification / rewording be put up on the page by any chance?

The best place to post stuff like this is in the Grammar Patrol thread. When it is posted here it will just get lost in the shuffle and TJ likely will never see it at all.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The best place to post stuff like this is in the Grammar Patrol thread. When it is posted here it will just get lost in the shuffle and TJ likely will never see it at all.

While that's technically true, I don't see much of the stuff reported there actually being fixed regularly. Stuff pointed out over a year ago remains the same. 

I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of messies I've been able to grab already, the very first day is usually the hardest in that regard!

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

While that's technically true, I don't see much of the stuff reported there actually being fixed regularly. Stuff pointed out over a year ago remains the same. 

I have noticed that, too. Still, it is more likely to be seen there than here.

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of messies I've been able to grab already, the very first day is usually the hardest in that regard!

I just threw back a 23G messy Snow. XD

32 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You're right, I'll put it over there.