TJ09

2021-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

Holiday Dragon Breeding

Past holiday dragons are breedable from now until December 25 at 23:59 EST. During this time, past holiday dragons will be able to produce eggs of their breed, and have the potential for breeding multiple eggs (though you will only be able to keep one per pairing). This is unchanged from previous years.

The special Holiday biome will again be available during the same time period (ending December 25 at 23:59 EST). In this biome, past holiday eggs will be available. Past limits on cave-based Holiday eggs still apply (the breed limits help page is updated with Holiday dragons during this time to help clarify).

New Holiday Dragon

A new holiday dragon will be available starting at 00:00 EST on December 25. It will drop for exactly three days (ending on December 27 at 23:59 EST); after this time it will no longer be available from the cave. There will be a limit of two of these eggs from the cave.

Holiday Event

This year's holiday event will begin at 12/25 at 00:00 EST (the same time as the new dragon). The Advent Calendar from last year will make a return, with a new event launching alongside from the same page. The event will run for two weeks. The Advent Calendar will have a daily candy limit like last year, and may feature some new unlockables for decorating events, but you shouldn't miss out if you have to skip a few days.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Well the new 'Blizzard Wizard' egg is already tripping me up. I see a new egg design and automatically click it, despite already having my goals with that breed. 

DC events/breeding/hunting is kind of my favorite thing about holidays, and especially this year I'm just so happy to have this. Thanks TJ and all the spriters and mods!!

I don't see this topic listed in the Recent News section of the site.

But I'm glad to be here ready to hunt for new babies! ^^

WHOOO! IT CRITMAS!!! Thank you Tj and spriters! Happy Holidays, and good luck all! I can not WAIT to see the new release and play the events!

Thanks TJ!

Happy Holidays and happy hunting to everyone!

Less than an hour in and I already found my first super-messy of the season! This is so much fun. They go so fast though, even in the AP!

I also came here wondering if the event was delayed since I didn't see an update on the main site, but it looks like it's there now.

Things I am happy about: The return of the Advent Calendar, and a potential new game for it. (I also hope the bug that's been preventing me from playing Snow Wars on mobile will finally be fixed this year...)

Things I am not happy about: The AP having a row of regular eggs again. I think at this point we should either get a separate holiday AP, or the normal eggs should only show up after the 25th. For one thing, it's distracting, and it takes up an entire row when we only have one week of the year to collect these holiday dragons and have to compete against an extra surge in players all trying to grab stuff. If nothing else, an extra row would be nice.

Neutral: Someone mentioned the breed limits. I also wish the limits on CBs would be raised from 2 to 4, but I guess it's not gonna happen this year. Oh well. Maybe one day...

Happy Holidays anyway, from your Resident Grinch. ^^;