TJ09

2021-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

CB, no they are all one gender. Bred: hollies and Mistletoe can be either gender when bred. They are the only non-halloween, holiday breeds that can be influenced.

Oh alright, thank you for such a quick response :D

Just now, Stromboli said:

Depends on the breed. If an egg can't be influenced, it'll show (Unavailable for breed) or something similar on the influence menu.

For Holiday and Valentine's Day, breeds tend to be all-male or all-female.  Some, like Hollies and Mistletoes, have gender restrictions on CBs, but bred dragons can be either gender.

Halloweens can be either, and they also don't have CB scroll limits like Holiday and Valentine's Day breeds do.

If you'd like notes on which Holiday eggs are which gender, you can check this article on the wiki: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday#Holiday_egg_guide

Alrighty, thank you very much!
And yes, I was checking out the wiki, but I noticed that it didn't mention whether or not Influence would work on them, and my first Pinky isn't even old enough for me to open the menu to see for myself yet.
This is both mine and my husbands first DC event ever, so it's all been very exciting for us :) 

It is a little aggravating how rare that Glystere is. I have still yet to grab one, since I completely missed them last year. I've seen it ONCE.

30 minutes ago, Onakra said:

It is a little aggravating how rare that Glystere is. I have still yet to grab one, since I completely missed them last year. I've seen it ONCE.

The most recent ones are always the hardest to find. Good luck. :) It may get easier in a few days, but I can't promise that it will.

56 minutes ago, Onakra said:

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The most recent ones are always the hardest to find. Good luck. :) It may get easier in a few days, but I can't promise that it will.

Yup, the most recent holiday breed is always the hardest to get. Glysteres will most likely be a lot easier to get next year, at least in my experience (Wintertides, the 2019 breed, seem relatively plentiful this season, for example). 

I'm getting close to scroll-lock and I'm getting antsy about it, lol. Being totally locked with nothing growing for a full day is just so frustrating!

384174639_giphy(1).gif.4a0a30e1bc55e10b57bda3717115eb52.gif

🎄☃️Merry Christmas to all you DC hooligans, ha ha!❄️😉✌️❄️

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday so far. Im not super ambitious with my holiday breeding this year. Picked up some nice lineages, and bred my Starsingers. Planning to breed some Lunars tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, Onakra said:

No one has more than two of them, thanks to the breed limitations. But I just bred my two in the hopes of making folks' lives a little easier.. :)

11 hours ago, Onakra said:

Bred my two for 2nd gens night before last, guessing they'll hit the AP in a couple of hours. I paired the first with a skittish Shumoga, 3 eggs to the AP, and the second with a Gaia Xenowyrm sending another 2 eggs to the AP.

Good hunting!

I bred one of mine yesterday and only got two eggs -- kept one and AP'd the other. Bred my other one this morning and got 4 eggs -- 3 went to the AP.

Bred my Glysteres on the 21st, got 2 eggs from one and 4 eggs from the other, all went to the AP. I think most of my breeding is done at this point, bred all my holiday CBs (most on the 21st) and a decent number of semi-clean lineages. 

I'm having the (usual, for me) struggle of 'should I freeze this or that to free up some space, but I do still need adults of those breeds so maybe I shouldn't...'

This is only my 3rd DC Christmas (I was here for 2013 and 2015 also) so I have a LOT of CB holiday dragons I am trying to catch. So far I have gotten:

1 Holly, 2 Yulebucks, 2 Snow Angles, 2 Ribbon Dancers, 1 Wrapping Wing, 1 Mistletoe, and 2 Wintertide!

And now I am egg-locked for the next...17 hours. Luckily I will have space for 6 more eggs or hatchies by noon tomorrow! Just have to remember to leave room for 2 of the new breed. XD

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Just have to remember to leave room for 2 of the new breed. XD

I believe new eggs drop until the end of 27th, so no worries if you run out of room ;) 

i've been gone for a long time so alas, I am way behind in all my holiday breeds. Actually, I'm behind in a LOT of breeds.

Glysteres are hard to get, but I've seen (and grabbed) a lot more of them than Wintertides. I've hardly seen any Wintertides! Do people just not like them? They are possibly my favorite Holiday dragon.

1 hour ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Glysteres are hard to get, but I've seen (and grabbed) a lot more of them than Wintertides. I've hardly seen any Wintertides! Do people just not like them? They are possibly my favorite Holiday dragon.

The colours are absolutely gorgeous but my heart truly belongs to the Garlands, I can just stare at them for ages.

2 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

It might be the opposite, people like them so much they get snatched up fast. I've seen plenty in the AP this season but they get grabbed pretty quick. They are still relatively new, compared to the breeds making almost-walls in the AP.

2 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Glysteres are hard to get, but I've seen (and grabbed) a lot more of them than Wintertides.

Wintertides, to me, seem to be only marginally more abundant than Glysteres from my experience.

I think Ribbon Dancers are one of the most common walling breed, which is really interesting to me. I always see wall(s) of them yearly.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

It might be the opposite, people like them so much they get snatched up fast. I've seen plenty in the AP this season but they get grabbed pretty quick. They are still relatively new, compared to the breeds making almost-walls in the AP.

Good point, they are just two years old. But I have seen so many Glysteres! And I've been lucky about grabbing them (though I've thrown a lot back). My beloved Wintertides elude me.

@blah - Garlands are indeed glorious. So graceful :wub:

On 12/18/2021 at 10:04 PM, TJ09 said:

Holiday Dragon Breeding

Past holiday dragons are breedable from now until December 25 at 23:59 EST. During this time, past holiday dragons will be able to produce eggs of their breed, and have the potential for breeding multiple eggs (though you will only be able to keep one per pairing). This is unchanged from previous years.

The special Holiday biome will again be available during the same time period (ending December 25 at 23:59 EST). In this biome, past holiday eggs will be available. Past limits on cave-based Holiday eggs still apply (the breed limits help page is updated with Holiday dragons during this time to help clarify).

New Holiday Dragon

A new holiday dragon will be available starting at 00:00 EST on December 25. It will drop for exactly three days (ending on December 27 at 23:59 EST); after this time it will no longer be available from the cave. There will be a limit of two of these eggs from the cave.

Holiday Event

This year's holiday event will begin at 12/25 at 00:00 EST (the same time as the new dragon). The Advent Calendar from last year will make a return, with a new event launching alongside from the same page. The event will run for two weeks. The Advent Calendar will have a daily candy limit like last year, and may feature some new unlockables for decorating events, but you shouldn't miss out if you have to skip a few days.

Thank you so much for your amazing work!

I need confirmation from people who have adult Snow Angels: when you go to the breed limits page, is the Snow Angel variant the same one you own?

Edited by 0x08

9 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

I need confirmation from people who have adult Snow Angels: when you go to the breed limits page, is the Snow Angel variant the same one you own?

Mine is tricolor while the one on the page is white-winged

3 minutes ago, Arcy said:

Mine is tricolor while the one on the page is white-winged

I see, this means I didn't just get spoiled about my angel variant :D (There is a 1 in 3 chance I might have been but I'll find out later...) Thanks for checking!

Edited by 0x08

If you get a white winged - you will have got what I always wanted and didn't get.... :(