TJ09

2021-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

The hardest part about holiday hunting is waiting impatiently for the first eggs to start hatching! I normally have eggs of different times hatching throughout the day, all these high-timed eggs are frustrating. My first ones do have some cracks though and will hopefully hatch in about 4 hours. (The second hardest part is not peeking at the AP when I know I'm locked....)

Can anyone let me see their grown Glysteres? I’m trying to unlock the images in the encyclopedia. And recently I’ve stopped being able to see the images in the hatching sites. 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

The hardest part about holiday hunting is waiting impatiently for the first eggs to start hatching! I normally have eggs of different times hatching throughout the day, all these high-timed eggs are frustrating. My first ones do have some cracks though and will hopefully hatch in about 4 hours. (The second hardest part is not peeking at the AP when I know I'm locked....)

I've been having the exact same temptation; I keep clicking on stuff to look at lineages only to remember I'm egglocked for the next three hours.

30 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Can anyone let me see their grown Glysteres? I’m trying to unlock the images in the encyclopedia. And recently I’ve stopped being able to see the images in the hatching sites. 

Try this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LBuJe96arGEagyXBigG00zs5bCl9h8e6vvCKTt1M_N4/edit#gid=618357333

8 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Look in the Forest biome. It refreshes every five minutes. If you see a description that begins with "Oh my." that's your cue to click!

Do you need a free spot for one? I never knew i could get one till now.

36 minutes ago, Nocturnal_Horror said:

Do you need a free spot for one? I never knew i could get one till now.

Yes, you need an egg slot open to pick it up, but it will immediately 'freeze' and release the slot when it gets to your scroll. 

I'm deliberately watching shows on Disney+ in an attempt to stop myself from continually refreshing my scroll waiting for my first eggs to hatch. I also don't want to have a couple spots open up and then immediately fill them and have to do all this waiting again, so I'm trying to space things out a bit.

Edited by HeatherMarie

I just picked up two Garland eggs from the AP that I have bred myself. That's a first.

Edit: They are just... sitting there. Nobody wants them :( that makes me sad.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

I’m glad I managed to resist filling up all 8 egg slots this year and I even managed to snag a CB 2019 and 1 from the abandoned pile of Xmas eggs so now I have each year’s Xmas dragon up to now. 😁

43 minutes ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Edit: They are just... sitting there. Nobody wants them :( that makes me sad.

I gaurentee with 100% certainty I probably would go ham but I am full up XD 

I was on a roll today! Six holiday eggs. A box's worth! No omelettes on the menu though.

Big ups to TJ and the artists. Looking forward to playing all the games.

Be careful with your new eggs in the hatcheries! I keep having to hide my hatchies because they are getting sick -- and I never have sick hatchies in ordinary times. Holiday traffic is much heavier.

I have a question about the Holiday biome.

I joined Dragcave the year after Holly Dragons were available on Christmas day.

I have since gotten Hollies from the abandoned page. However, to the best of my knowledge, they are all bred dragons, not CB.

I was hoping to get two CB Hollies via the Holiday biome, but no joy. It keeps telling me that I am at my limit of two dragons for that breed.

Meanwhile, I can adopt Hollies at will via the AP.

Can the Holiday biome be set up so that anyone who lacks CB dragons from a breed can, in fact, adopt two CBs that way? 

The breed limits page (https://dragcave.net/help/limits) will tell you if you have CB Hollies. Otherwise you may want to double check the egg description? You should be able to grab Hollies from the Holiday biome if you’re not at limit.

Bred Holiday eggs have no scroll limit, which is why you can grab almost anything from the AP. 

2 hours ago, Gabey8 said:

Can the Holiday biome be set up so that anyone who lacks CB dragons from a breed can, in fact, adopt two CBs that way? 

Provided you are not at the limit for the breed, you can adopt CBs from the Holiday Biome [this is how I got my missing Radiant Angel at Valentine's day]

There's no limit on bred Holiday dragons, which is why you can get them off the AP

Wow - if anyone had told us ten years ago that we'd see a wall of Holly eggs in the future, it would have been "Yeah, right!" And now I'm looking at one.

Newb question perhaps, but does the BSA Influence work on CB holiday eggs and/or bred holiday eggs? And does this apply to Halloween and Valentine eggs as well?

5 minutes ago, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

Newb question perhaps, but does the BSA Influence work on CB holiday eggs and/or bred holiday eggs? And does this apply to Halloween and Valentine eggs as well?

CB, no they are all one gender. Bred: hollies and Mistletoe can be either gender when bred. They are the only non-halloween, holiday breeds that can be influenced.

Edited by DragonLady86

7 minutes ago, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

Depends on the breed. If an egg can't be influenced, it'll show (Unavailable for breed) or something similar on the influence menu.

For Holiday and Valentine's Day, breeds tend to be all-male or all-female.  Some, like Hollies and Mistletoes, have gender restrictions on CBs, but bred dragons can be either gender.

Halloweens can be either, and they also don't have CB scroll limits like Holiday and Valentine's Day breeds do.

If you'd like notes on which Holiday eggs are which gender, you can check this article on the wiki: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday#Holiday_egg_guide

Edited by Stromboli