TJ09

2021-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

29 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Things I am not happy about: The AP having a row of regular eggs again. I think at this point we should either get a separate holiday AP, or the normal eggs should only show up after the 25th. For one thing, it's distracting, and it takes up an entire row when we only have one week of the year to collect these holiday dragons and have to compete against an extra surge in players all trying to grab stuff. If nothing else, an extra row would be nice.

Some of the 'regular' eggs look similar to the holiday eggs when quickly glancing, I've mistaken a last-row Skywing for a Glystere multiple times already. During Halloween hunting I actually covered that row on my monitor for awhile, but eventually I got used to it. I don't think the one row of regulars matters much time-wise though, we may only have a week of breeding but the holiday AP eggs stay around until they are gone regardless of whether we have that regular-row or not. The past two years they've been in the AP nearly a week after breeding stopped.

Very happy to see the advent calendar returning. I'm ready to decorate more cookies (presuming that event makes a return).

26 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Some of the 'regular' eggs look similar to the holiday eggs when quickly glancing, I've mistaken a last-row Skywing for a Glystere multiple times already.

Yeah, during Halloween, I had to stop myself from going for Nocturnes/Storms/etc, thinking they were Shadow Walkers, among other things.

26 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

we may only have a week of breeding but the holiday AP eggs stay around until they are gone regardless of whether we have that regular-row or not

The issue is that it's one less row of holiday eggs, so that makes it even harder to grab what you're going for with so many other people to compete with. If they showed up after the 25th (for this holiday, for example) with the leftovers, it wouldn't be so bad, but having them there the entire time is frustrating.

18 minutes ago, Mika said:

I'm ready to decorate more cookies (presuming that event makes a return).

I was terrible at decorating mine, but they were so cute and I got so many nice ones even from strangers last year, so I'm hoping they come back too.

PS: Anybody see any eggs in the Holiday Biome yet? Wait, never mind, they just go extremely fast...

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(update)

Alley-oop and away we go...  Good luck all and a Very Merry Christmas...

I caught up all my CBs last year so I'm starting my bred lines for the CBs now. While keeping one from each pairing, I've dropped 13 2nd gen Hollies, Yulebuck and Snow Angels to the AP, along with another 32 mostly EG eggs from various lines. I will be dropping 2nd gens from other breeds later in the week.

So many dragons, so little scroll space!  XD

32 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

So many dragons, so little scroll space!  XD

Ain't that the truth! I have my list of breeds I actually need more of, but so many holiday eggs I just want to grab everything!

2 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Things I am not happy about: The AP having a row of regular eggs again. I think at this point we should either get a separate holiday AP, or the normal eggs should only show up after the 25th. For one thing, it's distracting, and it takes up an entire row when we only have one week of the year to collect these holiday dragons and have to compete against an extra surge in players all trying to grab stuff. If nothing else, an extra row would be nice.

The point of having the extra row is so that regular eggs are not dying behind the holiday wall. If they first showed up after the 25th, all the eggs that we're seeing now would be dead, so it would rather defeat the point. 

That being said, being able to see more holidays and more regulars by having a separate AP would solve both issues.

Happy Holidays everyone! I get a reprieve until the madness that is the 25th XD All caught up from previous years and I typically do my hunting for bred stuff when everything is incuhatchable lol. Can't wait to see what the new dragon will be and am excited to enjoy the calendar again!!

13 minutes ago, MissK. said:

The point of having the extra row is so that regular eggs are not dying behind the holiday wall. If they first showed up after the 25th, all the eggs that we're seeing now would be dead, so it would rather defeat the point.

Would they definitely be dead, though? This is the first year this has been implemented, and I've seen eggs survive holiday walls before. Granted, if they were mine, I hatched some myself, but usually you'd see a bunch of regulars that were just super low-time, like one day or less.

15 minutes ago, MissK. said:

That being said, being able to see more holidays and more regulars by having a separate AP would solve both issues.

Agreed. The Holiday Biome works well enough, so maybe a Holiday AP would solve this problem too.

15 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Would they definitely be dead, though? This is the first year this has been implemented, and I've seen eggs survive holiday walls before. Granted, if they were mine, I hatched some myself, but usually you'd see a bunch of regulars that were just super low-time, like one day or less.

Agreed. The Holiday Biome works well enough, so maybe a Holiday AP would solve this problem too.

The eggs that are low time and showing in the one line of regular eggs would definitely be dead by the time the holiday wall was lifted if the line didn't exist. The wall normally sticks around for at least a day after the breeding shuts off. Sometimes 2+ days. Lets say the wall sticks for a full day. Today is the 19th. Breeding ends on the 25th. That is a period of 6 days. Add in the 1 day the wall hangs around makes 7 days of holiday filled AP at the least. Checking the AP currently the lowest timed regular eggs are at 3 days 22 hours. They would be dead even before breeding stopped (Breeding stops the 25th the eggs I saw when I checked would be dead some time on the 23rd if my math is correct) if they didn't show up in the bottom row of the AP. 

I do like the idea of an abandoned holiday page that is entirely separate to the normal abandoned page. Not everyone collects bred holidays right off, like myself, so being able to paw through the tasties that people kicked curbside to fill up on holidays is appealing.

Edit: Had to finish a half baked thought >.< Edit #2 Spelling >.<

Edited by Vampyre

Happy Holidays!

*leaves brownies for everyone*

Does anyone know what the egg description is for the Christmas 2019 dragon?It’s the only one I don’t have any of yet.

3 minutes ago, Shin&#x27;a&#x27;in said:

Does anyone know what the egg description is for the Christmas 2019 dragon?It’s the only one I don’t have any of yet.

This egg emanates a gentle chime when met with the winter breeze. 😃

Happy holidays, everyone=3