TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Very successful hunt. One good code per biome.

I like the color scheme which differs from a lot of the other halloween dragons.

20211031_231159.jpg

On 10/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, HeatherMarie said:

So, for people who are trying to get more Pitfires this year, how are you going about it? Are you getting your goals for the 'regular' adult first and then any more you catch goes towards the 'exalted' goals, or are you planning on dividing however many you get between regular and exalted? 

Personally, I don’t really care for the Exalted Pitfire poses. If the Exalteds had the exalted colors but were the regular Pitfire poses, I would collect more of them. As it is, I have six regular Pitfires and one or two Exalteds and I’m good for now. :)

~~~~~

General comment: For any players concerned about not getting Pitfires this year: the most desired Halloween dragon for the week leading up to Halloween is generally the one from the previous year.  Next year players will be focused on this year‘s dragon (breed name unknown yet).

On 10/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, Savynn said:

I also want to add to the chorus that having more energy for the farming would be really nice at higher levels.  

(Lots of comments like this; I only chose this as an example.)

I’m fine with the energy levels the game has. I grew cabbages for several days, saving up my coins to decorate. I found by the time I hit level 50 that I had plenty of coins and a surplus of energy. I realize that everyone plays the game a different way, but for me the energy levels and overall gameplay has been great.  It may not have been great for players with other play styles.

For me, the strategy of playing the game was figuring out resources and how to best use them. :)

~~~~~~

I loved the farm game, and loved the treats this year! Everything has been spectacular. Thank you to all the artists for the treats and for everyone who helped create that fabulous farming game. :wub:

21 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I’m fine with the energy levels the game has. I grew cabbages for several days, saving up my coins to decorate. I found by the time I hit level 50 that I had plenty of coins and a surplus of energy. I realize that everyone plays the game a different way, but for me the energy levels and overall gameplay has been great.  It may not have been great for players with other play styles.

Because I'm able to play pretty much all day every day, most of the limitations didn't hugely hinder me and the only thing that actually annoyed me was the 100-energy cap, simply because it would've been a nice little 'bonus' to wake up each morning with more energy saved up.  I know some people were having trouble just getting to the higher levels because of lack of time stacked on top of all the actual game-limits, though.

I didn't get anywhere NEAR breeding all previous Halloween dragons this year...didn't even get all the CB's bred like I had planned, because I fell asleep at the computer after carving my (IRL) pumpkin, and getting the candy set out, and my costume on...and lost basically all of Halloween night because of that, RIP. :( Here it is, after midnight already, and my partying didn't have a chance to really get going. XP Oh well, there's always next year. :P  At least I got my farm the way I wanted it.  (mostly)  While I like the fences, they just didn't work with the look I was going for. I wanted it to remain wild and overgrown-looking. 

DC_HalFarm_2021_10final.png

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Shoot, I thought through nov 1. Also meant I had today to decorate my farm, I saved all my cash for this :(

Holiday events generally end on the holiday.

The farm game was lovely! I really liked seeing everyone's take on it, too. I abandoned using more fences at the beginning when I found they blocked some growth space, but other people really took them and made them wonderful. The cabbage was the best money maker for me and I was glad to get them all to grow back before the time was up! (I ended up with 87 of the first year's treats-almost, but not quite finished)

2021halloween.png

Edited by ShoeboxWarrior

Thank you to everyone involved in this year's event. 

The mini game was very cute and lots of fun (Triffid army!)

I managed to collect all the treats for all the years. My OCD is super happy about that. :D

I bred the Halloweens I wanted to breed for my lineages and bred some CBs for the AP.

I found some very cute eggs in the AP this year and have some new lineage projects (because I don't have enough apparently).

I had 20% success for my Zombie attempts.

I was able to AP some of the new eggs and replace them with some awesome codes once the cave slowed down a bit.

A lot of fun was had and I appreciate the hard work that went into it!

Edited by Wiz

Man, my farm is plain compared to others

https://dragcave.net/halloween21/ShorahNagi

Mobile left me limited options on placement, but I'm happy with my farm [also, I couldn't bring myself to destroy the tombstone looking rocks, so I made it a goal to work around them]

All in all though, I'm happy with how it turned out and did enjoy this event a lot.

2 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Man, my farm is plain compared to others

https://dragcave.net/halloween21/ShorahNagi

I really like the pumpkin combo at the bottom. The growing ones interspersed with the decorative ones makes a lovely pattern.

There's a 'share your farm' thread in Site Discussion for those who want to share after this thread gets locked. (I'll try to get the link in a minute or two.)

Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/189537-lets-all-share-our-haunted-harvest-farms/

Edited by Lagie
Adding link...

I absolutely loved the farming game. My only complaint was about the slow gain of energy and the cap on it, but in the end I had enough to do everything I wanted. I can see how people with less time to play because of busy real-life schedules might have difficulty, though.

Thanks to all those involved in creating it for us.

https://dragcave.net/halloween21/purplehaze

Today is a little strange. After such a hectic week, there isn't much to do other than wait for eggs to hatch. I guess that's what makes these events special, though. The excitement of it all. I'll catch up with the treats I've missed next year!

This was my first Halloween on DC and I overall quite enjoyed it. ^_^ Many thanks to TJ and spriters for the great work on Haunted Harvest, and to everybody whose treats made it in.

Have a few bouncy friends and my final farm, as a treat.

0x08-202110treat_C.gif.68560379dc0d8d3da4028a5e7c2ba574.gif    0x08-202110treat_C.gif.68560379dc0d8d3da4028a5e7c2ba574.gif    0x08-202110treat_C.gif.68560379dc0d8d3da4028a5e7c2ba574.gif

image.png.4afe1b42b932fe9cfadd40eb9f1806cc.png

Edited by 0x08

My farm is garbage, because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. Well, I had decisions, but the way some of the stuff behaved or didn't behave the way it should have, took the wind out of my sails and completely deflated me 😕

By the time I had decided what I wanted to do, it was too late and the event was 2 hours from being over so. I could have been fine with the crops not having fully grown, but I couldn't get up enough energy in those last two hours to completely remove some of the other crap I had laid about (i was attempting to make a maze, but that went out the window as well).

So..not happy with my farm at ALL, and I do hope that TJ gives us the chance some year to go back, revisit, and replay like he did with one of the Christmas events. Can't recall which.

That aside, I came here secretly praying for a Pygmy Halloween dragon, then realized the egg is too big. UNLESS...it IS still a pygmy but the egg was larger by intent to throw us off.
And I know we got a pygmy with the Pumpkin dragon, but the sprite size makes it read as "normal" so I forget it's pygmy. I want a proper pygmy Halloween dragon! (..well, all holiday pygmies but LOL)

On 10/27/2021 at 7:13 PM, TheDarkLatias said:

1bcwt6p.gif

Whoever is responsible for this one...

Know that I love you with every part of my being ❤️

why thank you c: love the gif in your signature btw!! :D

Whoops. I completely forgot that everything would be ending today (for some reason I thought it would go for two weeks), and so my farm is rather sad, lol. 

I also didn't get to collect all the treats, but oh well. 

hope we can farm again next year ... I  almost know what to do  now.  ;)  and it was fun fun  fun  :lol:

It really would be awesome if we could get the past-events for Halloween (and V-day maybe?) the way we've gotten the Advent Calendar thing at Christmas the past two years. It's *SO* much fun doing the Advent Calendar and re-visiting much-loved events that you already know you enjoy and have fun with, it would be awesome to do that with the other holidays.

36 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It really would be awesome if we could get the past-events for Halloween (and V-day maybe?) the way we've gotten the Advent Calendar thing at Christmas the past two years. It's *SO* much fun doing the Advent Calendar and re-visiting much-loved events that you already know you enjoy and have fun with, it would be awesome to do that with the other holidays.

the farm is harder than it seems ...  timing is everything  

organizing it is a     witch  :rolleyes:  lol

Anyone else having an issue with the badge for the farming game not showing up on their page? (Or am I just crazy and there isn't a badge for this one?) I couldn't play it all week because my phone wouldn't load it no matter what I did but finally borrowed a computer and worked on it a little bit yesterday. Didn't make it very far due to not having energy but I never got the badge before midnight like I thought I would either. 😭

5 hours ago, kerrikins said:

Whoops. I completely forgot that everything would be ending today (for some reason I thought it would go for two weeks), and so my farm is rather sad, lol. 

I also didn't get to collect all the treats, but oh well. 

if next year is the same ... you can get the treats missed this year   then  :)

I too didn't get all I wanted done on the farm .. .. by the time I figured it out  ( almost ) >>> time was up 

but hopefully .. we can get another chance at the farm same time next year

5 hours ago, abbi2996 said:

Anyone else having an issue with the badge for the farming game not showing up on their page? (Or am I just crazy and there isn't a badge for this one?) I couldn't play it all week because my phone wouldn't load it no matter what I did but finally borrowed a computer and worked on it a little bit yesterday. Didn't make it very far due to not having energy but I never got the badge before midnight like I thought I would either. 😭

I didn't get the badge either and im kind of bummed about it. 😭 First year since playing the game I didn't get the holiday badge, Game wouldn't load for days for me and it finally did on the last day and no badge for me.

It seems as though you have to harvest something in order to get the badge, which is strange because event badges are usually given as long as you open the event-game or do anything with it at all. 

I agree with HeatherMarie. The badge appeared the first time I harvested the parsnips. It didn't appear when I hoed, waters, or pickaxed the small rocks.