kzspot

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink ie: Pink Sapphires

@trystan Do you have that link for Emerald01? The Discord channel for abandoning and catching pink Sapphires?

Edited by purplehaze

Good afternoon, beautiful people. I bred half of my Sapphires this morning and sent 10 blue and 2 pink sapphire eggs off to the AP. They were bred between 10:15am - 10:21am this morning.

I will breed my second batch later today when they are off cooldown. Somehow I thought today was Wednesday when it is, in fact, still Tuesday. Doh! No wonder my other Sapphires are not available to breed yet. XD

P.S. I am happy to gift blue/yellow Sapphire eggs from my hoard to anyone would like them. That way we can have more Sapphire breeders! :D

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Bred and abandoned five 2G Gold x Pink Sapphire eggs between 4:17 and 4:26 today, Dragcave time. Good luck catching!

bred and dropped 2 Sapphire eggs, at 8:16am cave time!

Edited by mishhelle

bred and autoabandoned 2 from yellows and 2 from blues

bred and actively abandoned 8 from blues and pinks

All between 9:40 and 10

totally forgot today.  it was on my calendar though!  i've moved it to next wednesday.

also, @oxoniensis, were you on LJ, with the supernatural fandom? :) 

On 5/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, BringsTheSnow said:

Somehow I thought today was Wednesday when it is, in fact, still Tuesday. Doh! No wonder my other Sapphires are not available to breed yet. XD

And here I am, swanning in, thinking it's Wednesday when it's actually Thursday! :P Anyways, I abandoned 4- 2 Gen PB between 2 and 2:10 a.m. cave time on THURSDAY. One of these days I'll learn, just because I stay up till 2 in the morning does not mean it's still Wednesday. Hahaha!!!!

On 4/27/2022 at 9:43 PM, IzzyCat91 said:

@kzspot I noticed we don't have a banner or anything to promote this, so I took the liberty of finding a suitable Clip art pic to link this page to (if that's alright):

heart-gem-hi.png&ehk=2T0v5327oeJE5yT0RJIVDndI1UKcJsvCnKaLvEv4BdE=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

To add to your signature:
click the image,
select "copy image link",
paste into your signature via account settings,

highlight image,

hold ctrl button on keyboard and right click with your mouse,

select "edit image",

Fill "Link URL" box with the url to the first page of this thread (go to first page and copy the url in the search bar of your browser),

resize image to about 50 width and 48 length (or whatever size works for your sig),

save image setting, save your sig, and boom! All done!

That looks loverly, thank you!!!! *admires pink heart* 

Edited by kzspot

3 hours ago, trystan said:

totally forgot today.  it was on my calendar though!  i've moved it to next wednesday.

also, @oxoniensis, were you on LJ, with the supernatural fandom? :) 

Haha, yes, small world, that was me. Very multifandom by the end, mind you. I do miss the days when LJ was buzzing. Are you still active there?

My Days got messed up due to work lol I just abandoned 3 blue eggs (including THIS AWESOMENESS) to turn pink and a pink I had accidentally picked up from the AP at 7:20 A.M. EST/Cave Time on 5/5/22

5 hours ago, kzspot said:

That looks loverly, thank you!!!! *admires pink heart* 

You're welcome :3 I'm glad you like it.

7 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

Haha, yes, small world, that was me. Very multifandom by the end, mind you. I do miss the days when LJ was buzzing. Are you still active there?

heh cool!

i sent you a PM, so we don't clutter this thread. :)

This is a lovely idea.  I've only been playing for about 6 weeks. Have one yellow and one pink already mature.  Just got a CB blue from a kind friend.  It's currently in one hatchery, but I'd like to keep it blue so as to have the set as a starting point. So my question is at how many views is there a risk of it turning yellow?  Also, is there any reason that I shouldn't incubate it to speed up hatching?  I know this isn't really the place for this post, so I'll delete it again shortly, but I thought this clearly is the place with lots of experienced Sapphire breeders who can probably answer my question.   Many, many thanks for any help you can give me.

1 hour ago, LadyMadonna said:

This is a lovely idea.  I've only been playing for about 6 weeks. Have one yellow and one pink already mature.  Just got a CB blue from a kind friend.  It's currently in one hatchery, but I'd like to keep it blue so as to have the set as a starting point. So my question is at how many views is there a risk of it turning yellow?  Also, is there any reason that I shouldn't incubate it to speed up hatching?  I know this isn't really the place for this post, so I'll delete it again shortly, but I thought this clearly is the place with lots of experienced Sapphire breeders who can probably answer my question.   Many, many thanks for any help you can give me.

You want to keep your blue sapphire under 4,000 overall views (OV). It can turn yellow even as a hatchie! You can incubate it to hatch sooner - no issue that I know of there. I keep my blue sapphires fogged a lot of the time so I can control their view count more closely.

dropped five pinks to the AP today, 11:29 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Cave/Eastern Time

Edited by trystan

I'll have to wait until next week, I think I breed late last time (Mine all say have 1 day before they can breed again) lol

35 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

(Mine all say have 1 day before they can breed again) lol

another reason why i record what time i breed my dragons - that "1 day" could actually be a day.... or 10 minutes XD 

Edited by trystan

Finally remembered on a Wednesday when I had time and scroll room to breed.  Sent a baker's dozen pinks off and a few blue ones.

Between 5:52 and 6:04 pm I bred 8 for the AP. All 2nd gens -- 4 from blue, 3 from pink, and 1 from yellow.

In addition, I bred one blue that had a Z code, so donated that on the Z project thread.

And bred one from a checker of yellow Sapph x Snow that I gave away on the Community thread to be raised yellow.

Edited by purplehaze

Popped on here to say I got zilch, but I am forever the optimist and this way I can breed Tuesday night, which is actually Wednesday morning. :P Till later, everybody! 

Found one from one of our breeders, nOTFm.  I don't work on the alternating generational colors, maybe someone here would like to have it?  Found it's way home to breeder!

Edited by Dracaena

I released 4 eggs around 3:15-3:30 A.m Cave Time (one will be blue because I forgot to abandon it's sibling I bred prior, and it was auto-abandoned because I was egg-locked lol)

i dropped 6 eggs to the AP between 12:17 p.m. and 12:19 p.m. Cave/Eastern time today. enjoy! :D

Just sent 8 eggs to the AP. Mostly 2G PB.

Also have 2 that I am offering as blue eggs on the Community board, but if no one takes them in the next hour or so I will drop those, too.