kzspot

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink ie: Pink Sapphires

Found time to breed today.  Dropped 8 pink sapphire and decided to experiment and see what people did lineage wise for another 6 blue sapphire (mostly from celestial multi clutch).  With a nocturne, avatar of destruction and an undine in the mix.  Seems the dragons liked the break, only had two no interest and one no egg from the lot of them.

Only got 3 successful eggs this week. Gotta gather some more Sapphires :)

I just sent these four to the AP. (The unnamed parents of the one will get named, at some point..)

The ones from blue Sapphires/Aeons are me trying to get a 2G Z code out of those pairs. Failure results in more pink Sapphires. XD

dropped 5 Pinks to the AP, 12:39 to 12:40 p.m. Cave/Eastern Time.

is there still high demand in Pinks, like there was when they first came out?

I don't think they are as hot a property as they once were, but since abandoning is the only way to get them I think there is still a need. I know some people coordinate "drop and grab" -- have done it myself -- but not everyone can do it or even knows it is possible.

Getting ready to breed mine. Will report back when done.

Edit: Actively abandoned 6 that turned pink, auto-abandoned 1 that stayed blue, and put one up to give away as a blue on the Community Notice board (will see if anyone grabs it -- it has pink parents).

Edited by purplehaze

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I just started playing again after about five years and I'm very interested in a pink sapphire! They seem to be quite valuable in trades so I haven't been able to trade for one, so I'm hoping to find a dropped one on the AP. :)

I was wondering... If one breeds a Pink Sapphire with a holiday dragon will one get another pink sapphire?

Edited by Rainn

14 minutes ago, Rainn said:

I was wondering... If one breeds a Pink Sapphire with a holiday dragon will one get another pink sapphire?

No. You would get a blue Sapphire. Pink ones only come from eggs that are abandoned to the AP. If you abandon the egg you get from your Sapphire x holiday pair, it will turn pink.

I read yesterday someone mentioned we should have a coordinated effort to do just what Purplehaze said. many of us breed sapphires and all abandon them. We should all maybe do it on the same day so hopefully they would all show up on the same day in the AP. Is that wierd? 

11 hours ago, Rainn said:

I read yesterday someone mentioned we should have a coordinated effort to do just what Purplehaze said. many of us breed sapphires and all abandon them. We should all maybe do it on the same day so hopefully they would all show up on the same day in the AP. Is that wierd? 

Yup! That day for breeding/abandoning is every Wednesday. :D You can figure out when someone's eggs will drop in the AP if they have posted the exact time it was bred. Just do the math to figure out how old that wave of eggs is in day + hours and compare that to the highest timed egg in the AP. 

Yesterday I bred and abandoned 13 pink sapphires from 5:50pm-6:00pm. Also abandoned 13 blue sapphires from 6:04pm-6:10pm. Happy hunting!

On 3/10/2022 at 9:29 AM, Rainn said:

Thanks trystan and BringsTheSnow for answering. Rainn,  please spread the news far and wide wherever you can, Wednesdays should be for breeding/ buying and abandoning, and usually late Friday/ Saturdays are when the pink ones hit the AP. Granted, you can breed/buy/abandon whenever, but if we all concentrate on certain days the chances are higher you will catch a pink one (or blue, if auto abandoned) later .  I just picked Wednesdays because of the quote from the movie "Mean Girls" --- "On Wednesdays we wear pink". It's catchy, and I hope the quote helps people to remember. Thank you. 

dropped three Pinks to the AP, 1:51 p.m. and 1:52 p.m. Cave/Eastern Time

How did it get to be Wednesday again already? XD I am egg locked. I might go ahead and breed some to auto as blues, because I am really exhausted and probably won't stay up late enough to breed pinks after my scroll clears.

I hurriedly bred my sapphires, don't have time to count the results but they did get bred on Wednesday!

Well, sent 6 to the AP today (between 12:47 and 12:52 pm).

Two of the ones I bred were Z codes, so I posted those on the Z Project.

One was from a checker yellow Sapphire x Snow -- I posted that on the Community board so it could stay yellow.

Edited by purplehaze

i sent 5 to the AP today, between 2:11 and 2:13 p.m. Cave/Eastern Time.

I abandoned 14 pink sapphires and 8 blue sapphires that were bred from 2:11pm-2:29pm Cave Time. Most of them were from clean lineages.

I will see you fine folks next week!

Happy Wednesday!

Bred and released 11 pink sapphires and 1 blue sapphire between 2:28 p.m. - 3:28 p.m.

I posted these 2 Z-code sapphires over on the Z Project thread earlier but I am happy to give them to a Sapphire Breeder instead! :) 

2g from Witchlight x Pink Sapph

2g from Aegis x Blue Sapph

Please let me know if you take them. 

totally meant to post earlier - i dropped three pinks to the AP about 2:16 and 2:17 p.m. Cave/Eastern time

Didn't breed mine today because of the new release. I am egg locked. I guess I could have auto'd and sent blue ones, but I didn't think of that in time.