kzspot

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink ie: Pink Sapphires

My idea is to designate Wednesday as the day to either Buy, Breed or Catch Blue Sapphires, and abandon them on purpose so people can get a Pink Sapphire in the Abandoned Page later. If enough people cooperate then maybe everyone could get some Pink Sapphires.  You can announce when you abandoned,  if you wish to, but you don't have to. Just makes it easier to do the math on when they should show up in the AP. Please remember if you buy them from the Marketplace (currently EDIT UPDATE 300 shards) you have to wait 5 hours before abandoning them. Thank You. Kzspot

06/09/2021 I abandoned 2 Marketplace eggs at about 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Edited to add-- I bought them about 2 ish p.m.

Edited by kzspot
add time bought, updated price from 200 to 300

On Jun 08, 2021, at 5:04 pm I sent 5 Marker bought Sapphires to the AP.

They were bought back on the 7th (according to the one egg I kept because I liked the code) so I have no idea if they've hit the AP to be honest but keep an eye out.

06/09/2021 I abandoned 4PB 2Gen, 2PB 3Gen, and 1 4Gen that`s LN with an Arcana between 10:50 and 11 p.m Eastern Time. I need to remember to breed with the Arcana while my egg slots are full, so that it will stay blue, I think it would look better that way. 

I think it's a wonderful idea, I plan to participate next Wednesday ! I will probably edit this post when it's done 😊

I like this idea, hope it catches on. AND that I remember to do it!

I will try and breed my few on Wednesdays as well! Good idea to designate a day of the week so we can get them in the AP as frequently as possible. 

This week...only 2 pairs decided to cooperate and give me a Sapphire to abandon. Some were on cooldown on Wednesday this week so I will have more to breed next Wednesday. I guess every bit helps.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Count me in.

Update 6/16/21, 00:35 cave time: just bred and abandoned a purebred 2G Sapphire.

Edited by Stormfriend
Update, announcement of breed and abandon

06/16/2021 I bought 2 about 1:30 a.m. I will edit later when I Abandon and probably buy more/Abandon. Right now all my Sapphires still have a 1 day cooldown so I don't think I can breed any this Wednesday. EDITED TO ADD--- Abandoned those 2 at 11:25 a.m.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!! for participating in "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink". For me, I have a tendency to forget to breed, so I'm hoping that by designating Wednesdays to (Buy, Catch and/or) Breed Sapphires it will 1. Help me to remember to breed and 2. Help you all get a pink Sapphire.  :P Win Win situation all around. 

Edited by kzspot
Changed the word release to abandon

Jun 14, 2021 = 6 Sapphire eggs bred

Jun 16, 2021, between 7:14 - 7:16 am = All 6 Sapphire eggs dropped to the AP

This is a really cool concept and I would love to help out! I unfortunately don’t have sapphires unlocked in my encyclopedia yet, so if anyone has a group of them to help me with observations I’ll buy some today if I can. If not I’ll have my eye out for CB. :)

On 6/16/2021 at 8:52 AM, igloo9201 said:

so if anyone has a group of them to help me with observations I’ll buy some today if I can. If not I’ll have my eye out for CB. :)

Do you have to look at a scroll in order to unlock them in the marketplace? In which case,  my scroll link is in my signature (page 70), I have 10 CB to look at plus some PB and 1 LN. I have some Marketplace eggs for 5 hours (11:35 -6:30 I abandoned, bought 2 more)  also if that's what you need to look at. 

Edited by kzspot
Adding time abandoned, bought, edited page #

I just sent 12 bred eggs to the AP. All 2G except one 3G from my yellow pair. Only a few are PB because most of my Sapphires are paired with Aeons. Two weeks ago I got as many Aeons as Sapphires from them, but it appears that the Sapphires are now breeding like commons again and I got all Sapphires.

got two refusals, several no interest and a couple of messies, and one accidental auto abandon, duh

I DO have a question though, when bred with celestials, the eggs you don't chose to keep, are they considered auto abandoned or just regular abandoned? Anyone know? I'd check but unfortunately they didn't turn out to be sapphires (and omg when, plz when will the ratios decide that we have enough celestials!) 

Sent 2  2g Sapphires to the AP, rest of my CB sapphires are on cooldown (but will maybe update later today when they are off)

Following so I can remember to breed mine next Wednesday instead of Tuesday.  Thinking I might keep them until I know they'd go to the front of the AP, though...

Cool!  I wish there were a better way to do this. Who knew Sapphires would become so ridiculously rare?!?

I tried breeding a few today.  Sent 2 pink sapphires to AP along with a fire gem and avatar of destruction.  One no interest from a celestial and one still blue I'm offering elsewhere.  It's late in the day and I didn't want to put all of them on cooldown, hoping to get an earlier start next week and wanted to have some to play with. :)

@Tawanda001  I believe sapphire eggs from a celestial clutch that you didn't chose will be considered auto abandoned and will be blue.

This sounds nice since I've had zero luck with getting a pink sapphire. They get snap up no matter how quickly I click!

I don't have many sapphires to breed with but I'll help where I can ^^

I bred and abandoned mine at 12:30 -12:40 a.m. this morning, which technically is not Wednesday but since I usually don't go to bed till 2 a.m. it feels like it was to me. :P This means next week the cooldown will still be on, so no breeding mine, but I plan to still buy and abandon from the Marketplace. Does anybody know if you can trade the marketplace ones after they hit the abandoned page, or does it still have the no trading mechanism? I know they turn pink after I abandon them, because it shows on my action page, but I can't track them after that. (Or at least not when I'm on my phone, not sure about my computer.) 

1 hour ago, kzspot said:

Does anybody know if you can trade the marketplace ones after they hit the abandoned page, or does it still have the no trading mechanism?

It is still the same. They cannot be traded.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It is still the same. They cannot be traded.

Danke. Bummer, but oh well. 

Bred pretty much the same dragons as last week, but got only 5 Sapphires. All sent to the AP.

bred on June 23 at:

1:43 p.m. Cave Time - Pink Sapphire x Solstice

1:44 p.m. Cave Time - Yellow Sapphire x Soulstone

dropped to AP at 1:50 p.m. Cave Time