TJ09

2020-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

I was still waiting for a December release somehow and now the event starts already lol XD

*dives in her breeding plans notes*

🎄 Happy Holidays and stay healthy! 🌟

At least our dragons won't have to bother about distance and stuff^^

Oh phew. I got the remaining CBs I needed in the recent hour drop to make up for missed years. Now to just let everything hatch.

Edited by ValidEmotions

14 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Still trying to catch my CBs, two slots still open. So far, I have the two Snow Angels, one Yule Buck, one Mistletoe, and two pretty lineaged even gens, a Winter Mage Thuwed and 4th gen Mistletoe from the AP.

And I picked up my second Mistletoe and my first 2017.  Happily egg-locked! :D

Niiice! ... This is going to be an easy time for me.

Even easier than Halloween. Unlike Halloweens, Holiday dragons have no dimorphism.

I run a minimalist scroll. ;)

Times like these, I can afford to be extra picky in the AP. I only have one aim for a CB dragon, otherwise I like adopting.

My dragons gave me extra presents in the form of causing me to be egg locked even though I only decide to keep 4 out of the several dozen eggs they laid... I should have had four spots left but they did not want to give only the eggs I chose. I can't really complain though they are the two different types of dragons I was actually pretty slim on.

Edit: WAIT HOW DO I HAVE 10 EGGS?!?!?!!

Someone please explain how this is possible.

Edit 2: nevermind I clicked on one and learned it was a held egg...

Edited by glasheaknight
I noticed something I missed earlier... and I'm a dork they're held eggs...

WAHOO! I love the events that run though New Year's Day.

I've bred my lyrical lineages to the AP: Deck The Halls, Winter Wonderland, Oh Xmas Tree, Holly Jolly Xmas, and 12 Days of Xmas. May they all go to good homes!

Bred several Holly x Golds to the AP and some Wintertides, also! Happy hunting!

Now listening to holiday music while hunting the AP for myself. I tell you, the Yule season doesn't start until the DC event begins!

Edited by Aniia

honestly people, does it kill you to name your dragons? 🤣🤣🤣

I keep catching lovely pairs only to find that only one parent or both are not named lol

Happy Holidays! This is apparently the first time I own a Holiday dragon so I'm really hyped, they're beauties!

stay safe!

4 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

D'oh! I forgot again to get the non-holiday mates for a project I've been trying to do. Ah well, I'll get over it and maybe find new holiday blood for them in the AP.

That aside, wonder what this year's breed will be. I'm hoping we finally get a pine tree based holiday, but that's just me

Oooh I'd love a pine tree based holiday dragon! We haven't had a majority-green holiday dragon since Mistletoes... I hope we get another non-Western body type, too.

Haven’t had any luck getting an egg... everyone is so fast! These are really pretty

Got a question about the Mistletoes - are the new CBs unable to be influenced?

I picked up my two CBs and one bred egg. The bred egg could be influenced but the CBs say that influencing is ((Unavailable)).

What's the story?

19 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Got a question about the Mistletoes - are the new CBs unable to be influenced?

I picked up my two CBs and one bred egg. The bred egg could be influenced but the CBs say that influencing is ((Unavailable)).

What's the story?

Yup, only the bred Hollies and Mistletoes can be influenced. CB Mistletoes will always be female.

22 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yup, only the bred Hollies and Mistletoes can be influenced. CB Mistletoes will always be female.

Thank you! :)

6 hours ago, glasheaknight said:

My dragons gave me extra presents in the form of causing me to be egg locked even though I only decide to keep 4 out of the several dozen eggs they laid... I should have had four spots left but they did not want to give only the eggs I chose. I can't really complain though they are the two different types of dragons I was actually pretty slim on.

Edit: WAIT HOW DO I HAVE 10 EGGS?!?!?!!

Someone please explain how this is possible.

Edit 2: nevermind I clicked on one and learned it was a held egg...

I hope you remembered to decide which of each breeding you wanted to keep. 

Happy and wonderful holiday to everyone! Plenty of fun for everyone! Enjoy and thanks to TJ and the splendid team of spriters & moderators.

19 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

It really doesn't make sense to do an advent calendar after Christmas. I know we've been doing it that way for a few years now, but it's still silly to me.

I completely agree. Advent means 'coming' or 'arrival' and is the four weeks immediately prior to Christmas. By all means have an event starting on Christmas day, but must it be called 'advent'?

8 hours ago, meruru said:

I keep catching lovely pairs only to find that only one parent or both are not named lol

Let me know if any of those are mine and I'll name them something (most of my unnamed Holidays are simply ones I picked up to help clear AP walls and forgot about them XD)

9 hours ago, meruru said:

Sometimes I don't name mine because their codes are too nice to cover up.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/T0Eii

Other times I just have too many dragons unnamed that trying to name them all is like staring directly up a sheer flat cliff wall with no climbing gear. lol.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

Other times I just have too many dragons unnamed that trying to name them all is like staring directly up a sheer flat cliff wall with no climbing gear. lol.

For the past month I've been naming/renaming my entire scroll. Out of 1,800+ dragons, I have less than 130 to get done. B)

nah, it's okay

I have a wall of unnamed dragons too so it's no big deal, but I make sure to name those I plan to breed XD