TJ09

2020-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

3 hours ago, Library_gremlin said:

And THIS one I didn't name, because of its code is a nice reference to the Doctor Who character, Face of Boe.

Nice one! :)

I haven't really done much breeding yet but my first eggs have hatched!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

I haven't been able to see a CB Wintertide in the Halloween biome, let alone catch one. I don't remember the non-Halloween CB holidays being so hard to get. 😐 (I wasn't active during last year's Christmas release.) 

Happy Holidays!

So i should start with breeding. Now where are my notes?

4 hours ago, Bambi said:

Whyyy are the Wintertides so hard to find! I need one more CB to catch up with all the releases I missed and I want to finish before sleeping but it's taking forever >_< 

Same...been trying since the event began 

I've been strangely lucky in the holiday biome and now I have to choose whether I want to try trading what I got or just gift them. Gifting will free up the slots faster I'm sure... But if it's possible I could get another messy Wintertide from trading... Hmm. 

I bred some nice/low-gen holidays to the AP, the AP wall has been lasting so long the past few years I haven't been breeding as much to it. Waiting on breeding the rest of my cbs in case I get anymore requests for them. I swear I've seen a few pairings while breeding my holidays that I do *not* remember breeding, lol. 'When on earth did I breed those two together??'

For all those having trouble with Wintertides - it's because they were just released last year. There are a lot fewer of them across the site for people to breed to the AP, and they're one of the most desired in the CB biome. It's like that with every new holiday species. Just be patient; as the week goes on it will start getting a little easier as more people become egglocked.

I just finished breeding my Starsingers, Garlands, and Yulebucks to the AP. I'm surprised I don't see more Starsinger x Copper matches; its so pretty. I wanted to do Garland x Silver, but alack! I only have female CB Silvers sooooo.. oops lol.

Hope everyone is enjoying the season so far! I can't get Holly Jolly Xmas out of my head.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I bred some nice/low-gen holidays to the AP, the AP wall has been lasting so long the past few years I haven't been breeding as much to it.

Agreed. I bred the ones I needed for my own lineages, and then a small handful of ones with nice lineages (mostly SAlt and Thuwed).

All the rest, including most of my older CBs are remaining untouched [especially the Snow Angels... they seem to be the biggest offender of the Holiday Wall]

So many to choose from. Which one will I ever pick.

Edit: I was able to pick one from my main dragon page lol

image.png.20c54418fe4d0627f1ffb5eb689a06f7.png

Edited by DragonNeko

I checked my scroll and apparently I have missed every holiday dragon since 2014, so I'm super happy we can get these in the biomes now! I have managed to grab 2 CB's of every species I missed except for the Wintertides - I see more people are having that problem! Let's hope we all manage to catch some later this week 🙂 It's incredible to me that there are literally 2 CB Hollies growing on my scroll right now - they were so rare when I last played!

26 minutes ago, libramoon said:

I checked my scroll and apparently I have missed every holiday dragon since 2014, so I'm super happy we can get these in the biomes now! I have managed to grab 2 CB's of every species I missed except for the Wintertides - I see more people are having that problem! Let's hope we all manage to catch some later this week 🙂 It's incredible to me that there are literally 2 CB Hollies growing on my scroll right now - they were so rare when I last played!

It's still relatively difficult to find good lineages of them in the AP . . .

A thought - 

I think it's fairly concerning that here we are at the near end of the 22nd, and the AP is barely on the bred eggs of the 20th.

1 hour ago, Library_gremlin said:

A thought - 

I think it's fairly concerning that here we are at the near end of the 22nd, and the AP is barely on the bred eggs of the 20th.

Two days out is pretty common for non holiday time, what's the problem? When 5 or more days behind, then worry.

Just now, DragonLady86 said:

Two days out is pretty common for non holiday time, what's the problem? When 5 or more days behind, then worry.

Well, just because they're already at 4d17h.  

Hm.  I guess this could be an argument for increasing scroll limits.

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Given most cant be influenced it hardly matters as much if they go er.

True, true.  Definitely less traumatic than Halloween.

All things considered, I don't know if I'll have time to breed all of my holidays... (I had to get a shot in my EYE yesterday...and my IRL tree still isn't decorated yet!  Not to mention two other browser games' holiday events have started/are starting soon. Then there's x-mas movies...waiting for my groceries to arrive on X-mas-eve-day...Even though I didn't travel this year, it seems I have almost LESS time for site-events, ironically.) ...Maybe I'll just stick to CB's and maybe 2nd-gens this year.

I wish we had 2 weeks for breeding...

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

6 hours ago, libramoon said:

It's incredible to me that there are literally 2 CB Hollies growing on my scroll right now - they were so rare when I last played!

Yes! After multiple years of the holiday biome I guess in general they are easier to get and more plentiful. I actually tried to trade a CB Holly yesterday (I think it was yesterday?) and got no offers at all! Ended up tossing it in the departures thread. I remember when they were basically the holiday equivalent of Golds!

I'm really glad the Advent Calendar is returning this year, I had fun with it last year. :)

I only ask that it be designed with mobile users in mind, as I had difficulty with some of the games last time, like Snow Wars, I think.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yes! After multiple years of the holiday biome I guess in general they are easier to get and more plentiful. I actually tried to trade a CB Holly yesterday (I think it was yesterday?) and got no offers at all! Ended up tossing it in the departures thread. I remember when they were basically the holiday equivalent of Golds!

I was just browsing the AP and marveling at the number of hollies there - so gratifying after all the years of desperation (before CB were made available again) to see the abundance of them!

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I remember when they were basically the holiday equivalent of Golds!

Hollies were released in 2007 (I joined in 2009)...It was not until 2012 that I mastered to grab my first bred Holly (A 2g one to make it all the more amazing)

I'm glad to see that Hollies of any kind are now more uncommon than rare on the AP so others can have them.

Edited by ShorahNagi