TJ09

2020-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

21 minutes ago, Loveless3173 said:

Yay! thank you!

oh, also, just curious, the breeding rates should be higher now right? for the holiday? Just cuz, I've tried breeding now and I keep getting normal eggs!!! 😧

Anyways, I can't wait to see the new baby! * A * So excited!! 

you are getting non-holiday eggs from pairs with at least one christmas parent? that shouldn't be.  and no the rates aren't changed but holidays can throw up to 4 eggs.

23 minutes ago, Loveless3173 said:

oh, also, just curious, the breeding rates should be higher now right? for the holiday? Just cuz, I've tried breeding now and I keep getting normal eggs!!! 😧

If you're breeding Christmas dragons right now, you should only be getting Christmas dragon eggs?

Have my second CB Snow Angel now. Good luck to all the hunters!

I still need the Hollies, Peppermints, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 CB pairs. XD

Happy Holidays to one and all!

3 hours ago, Amberfly said:

I caught one! Influence says Unavailable for Breed.

@ValidEmotions That's mostly true, but hollies and mistletoes can be influenced so it's worth checking if there are more exceptions.

2016 2017 and 2019 eggs all say uninfluenceable for me...

11 minutes ago, TempestSea said:

2016 2017 and 2019 eggs all say uninfluenceable for me...

Non cave-bred hollies and mistletoe are the only ones that can be influenced.  Hollies because at the time everything only had one gender and it made them special.  Mistletoe because the 2 plants in real life are often confused with each other, so it was a shout-out to that.  People asked about wintertides because they were new last year, but it is unlikely for any new holiday breed to have both genders without a good reason. 

5 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Non cave-bred hollies and mistletoe are the only ones that can be influenced.  Hollies because at the time everything only had one gender and it made them special.  Mistletoe because the 2 plants in real life are often confused with each other, so it was a shout-out to that.  People asked about wintertides because they were new last year, but it is unlikely for any new holiday breed to have both genders without a good reason. 

Thank you for the info :)

Happy holidays everyone!
Just a question.. I missed last year's release (Wintertide), I haven't seen any of them in the Holiday biome. Not sure if I'm just having bad luck or if they're not available in the biome because they're the most recent years release? Can someone please let me know if it'll be possible for me to grab them somehow? Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Bambi said:

Just a question.. I missed last year's release (Wintertide), I haven't seen any of them in the Holiday biome. Not sure if I'm just having bad luck or if they're not available in the biome because they're the most recent years release? Can someone please let me know if it'll be possible for me to grab them somehow? Thanks!

They should be dropping along with all past Holidays in the Holidays Biome. So I imagine they're just being swiped super fast right now.

25 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

They should be dropping along with all past Holidays in the Holidays Biome. So I imagine they're just being swiped super fast right now.

Yes, I spoke too soon. I've seen a few pass by now! Thank you for responding and confirming for me though <33

1 minute ago, Bambi said:

Yes, I spoke too soon. I've seen a few pass by now! Thank you for responding and confirming for me though <33

You're welcome! ^_^ I'm sure you'll manage to get them! The first day is always the hardest to catch anything. :)

Happy Holidays, everyone!

*sets out Christmassy brownies*

it's here!  :D  Haven't started breeding yet, as I should be going to bed soon, but I used all my "Fertility"s...didn't even put a dent in my eligible holiday dergs. XD Note to self: get more Purples sometime...

Breeding gets more and more daunting every year...HOO boy...

1 minute ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

it's here!  :D  Haven't started breeding yet, as I should be going to bed soon, but I used all my "Fertility"s...didn't even put a dent in my eligible holiday dergs. XD Note to self: get more Purples sometime...

Breeding gets more and more daunting every year...HOO boy...

Refusals are turned off during holiday breeding. You shouldn't be needing your purples.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Refusals are turned off during holiday breeding. You shouldn't be needing your purples.

Wait...it doesn't effect how many eggs are produced?  Just refusals?  Guess I misunderstood Fertility then, heh.  Oh well.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

22 minutes ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

Wait...it doesn't effect how many eggs are produced?  Just refusals?  Guess I misunderstood Fertility then, heh.  Oh well.

At non-holiday breeding time, it 'increases the chance that the dragon will produce an egg'. It doesn't affect holiday numbers, so far as I know.

I didn’t know we couldn’t get more CB Holidays on top of last year.. I thought it was limited to two every year/holiday (excluding Halloween). That’s too bad, oh well. 🤔

D'oh! I forgot again to get the non-holiday mates for a project I've been trying to do. Ah well, I'll get over it and maybe find new holiday blood for them in the AP.

That aside, wonder what this year's breed will be. I'm hoping we finally get a pine tree based holiday, but that's just me

Edited by ShorahNagi