Jump to content
TJ09

2020-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

Recommended Posts

Hollies! Yes!

 

They're my favorite of the holiday dragons in part because they were originally so hard to get. It took me ten years to get a messy Holly from the AP, and I was so happy I terrified my family by bellowing with glee lol. I still get a little squee I get from seeing Hollies growing on my scroll, even though I have a bunch now!

 

I'm glad we're able to get CBs now, its fun to see so many Hollies around so others don't have to struggle as much as I did lol.

I do wish the CB limits would be lifted from 2 to 4 though, now that we've got the biome. Having only 2 CBs is so limiting for lineage plans.

 

EDIT: HOLY CRAP HOLLIES. I JUST LOOKED AT THE AP AND ITS FLOODED LOL. JOY OF JOYS!

Edited by Aniia

Share this post


Link to post

I'd just come to mention the abundance of Holly eggs as well. To think I spent my first few years here not being able to get anywhere near one!  And never did I think I'd have two CB Holly's on my scroll!

Share this post


Link to post

I finally have the CBs of all my missed Winter Holiday dragons. I've bred some pretty staircase Hollies and Snow Angels for the AP, and will be breeding my EG checkers of other breeds through the rest of the week. All my old Hollies are 4th gen or more but I've always kept their lines clean. I'm so happy to have the CBs now. ❤️

Share this post


Link to post

I started playing in 2008 and my first Holly is from 2012, surprisingly an 5g even-gen. I remember it was pretty hard to find low-gen/clean Hollies back then (this was way before I started deliberately collecting messies). It's amazing to see so many in the AP now!

 

Got my first freezies of the season, a Winter Magi and Ribbon Dancer. I think the Ribbon Dancers are my favorite holiday hatchling, though s1 Starsingers are a close second now! 

Share this post


Link to post

I pretty sure I was given my first holly and then bred that holly for a bit before I start collect them later.

 

But yeah, its ncie to see so much hollys now :D

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, when I first joined it was real hard to get even messy, high-gen hollies (I didn't get one until the year after I joined...), I'm glad they're so much more accessible these days.

Share this post


Link to post

Happy Holidays everyone!

 

 

 

I'm giving up hope of getting a Starsinger (that is the 2018 breed's name, right?). They're gone so fast, I can't nab one...

 

UPDATE: Got one! And at the close of my birthday (in UK time), too! Now to wait for the new breed to drop.

Edited by MidnightCapricorn

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, MidnightCapricorn said:

I'm giving up hope of getting a Starsinger (that is the 2018 breed's name, right?). They're gone so fast, I can't nab one...

Yes, Starsinger is the 2018 Christmas/Holiday dragon. Are you trying to nab one from the AP or the holiday biome?

Share this post


Link to post

I was able to trade for one CB Wintertide, but I have had zero luck with catching the other one that I want 😕 I don't remember struggling so much for any other non-Halloween CB holiday, which is kinda disappointing when we're nearing day 6. I wish we had better spawn rates for the previous year's special dragons.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, obelisk_light said:

I was able to trade for one CB Wintertide, but I have had zero luck with catching the other one that I want 😕 I don't remember struggling so much for any other non-Halloween CB holiday, which is kinda disappointing when we're nearing day 6. I wish we had better spawn rates for the previous year's special dragons.

 

Yeah, I definitely think spawn rates should be adjusted, especially because of the 2 CB limit. Older holidays are just sitting there because people literally *can't* pick them up, while newer holidays are barely seen and snapped up in an instant. After multiple years of the holiday biome I'm sure plenty of people have their limit of most of the older breeds.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

Yes, Starsinger is the 2018 Christmas/Holiday dragon. Are you trying to nab one from the AP or the holiday biome?

I did both, and eventually got an AP one.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, MidnightCapricorn said:

I did both, and eventually got an AP one.

Oh good! :) Well there will still be plenty of time to catch more from the AP for several days after Christmas, and you do still have until the end of Christmas Day to catch a CB one from the biome. Don't give up!
 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

Yeah, I definitely think spawn rates should be adjusted, especially because of the 2 CB limit. Older holidays are just sitting there because people literally *can't* pick them up, while newer holidays are barely seen and snapped up in an instant. After multiple years of the holiday biome I'm sure plenty of people have their limit of most of the older breeds.

Lol I remember when the Holiday Biome was first introduced and this was the other way around. The new Holidays were just sitting there (Snows at the time) while the older ones (Hollies especially) were gone in an instant. I believe TJ had to adjust the ratios then because of the issue.

Share this post


Link to post

Why is the even so short and start so late? Just curious and also sad because I'm only able to have 5 eggs at a time and it takes several days for them to hatch which means I have time to catch and raise maybe 10 at most. 

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Stacy3601 said:

Why is the even so short and start so late? Just curious and also sad because I'm only able to have 5 eggs at a time and it takes several days for them to hatch which means I have time to catch and raise maybe 10 at most. 

 

Incubate the eggs w/ Red Dragons. That will reduce the hatching time by one day, which is a help.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, anetofstars said:

 

Incubate the eggs w/ Red Dragons. That will reduce the hatching time by one day, which is a help.

Alas I dont have any. I only have a hand full of bsa eggs

 

On another note I have a question

When you get multiple eggs do you get to chose which one you keep?

I just bread holiday dragons for the first time ever and check out one of the names https://dragcave.net/view/FagOx

I was egg bound so i didn't get to keep any.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Stacy3601 said:

Alas I dont have any. I only have a hand full of bsa eggs

 

On another note I have a question

When you get multiple eggs do you get to chose which one you keep?

I just bread holiday dragons for the first time ever and check out one of the names https://dragcave.net/view/FagOx

I was egg bound so i didn't get to keep any.

Yes, you choose to keep one and the rest are automatically sent to the AP.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/21/2020 at 1:03 PM, ShorahNagi said:

I would breed the others, but I don't want to contribute all that much to a Holiday wall...

 

it's not so massive this time, like I bred mine rather late and they already hit the AP!

Share this post


Link to post

Merry Christmas everyone! It's officially Christmas here in Australia. Certainly doesn't feel that way lol. 

Share this post


Link to post

Happy Christmas' Eve, everyone!

I'm enjoying hunting festive eggs right now, and I've got one of each... but two, the Garland and the Wintertide. No matter what, they don't seem to spawn in the holiday biome... I am doing something wronf or are they, like, retired or something? :blink:

 

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw one! I suppose they're just more rare. (:

Edited by Sinthr

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, VixenDra said:

it's not so massive this time, like I bred mine rather late and they already hit the AP!

So did some of mine, but I know theres a lot of folks who wait to breed until the 24th/25th so the dragon has the Holiday date...Also, I just don't feel like doing a lot of breeding (though I have no issue helping out if people say they need certain 2g holiday pairs)

 

That aside, less than 24 hours until the new dragon. Come on Pine Tree dragon [give Mistletoe and Holly another 'non denominational holiday shrub' friend]

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yeah, I definitely think spawn rates should be adjusted, especially because of the 2 CB limit. Older holidays are just sitting there because people literally *can't* pick them up, while newer holidays are barely seen and snapped up in an instant. After multiple years of the holiday biome I'm sure plenty of people have their limit of most of the older breeds.

 

8 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

Lol I remember when the Holiday Biome was first introduced and this was the other way around. The new Holidays were just sitting there (Snows at the time) while the older ones (Hollies especially) were gone in an instant. I believe TJ had to adjust the ratios then because of the issue.

Looks like we need to go back to the original Holiday biome ratios. I finally got my second CB Wintertide, but it shouldn't have taken me six days. XD

Share this post


Link to post

I finally caught all the Christmas dragons I missed from my six year hiatus, thanks to the Holiday biome. 

 

So happy to finally be caught up on all the dragons I missed. Can't wait for the new egg to drop. 

 

Hope everyone has a grand holiday. 

Share this post


Link to post

Happy Holidays, all you DC folks! 🎄

10 years in now, still always looking forward to the holiday funs of this little sprite collecting game! My favorite Holiday dragon is the Wintertide❣️

 

 

Also, seconding the idea of another plant-based holiday dragon! Perhaps a festive tree like ShoraNagi said,  or maybe a Poinsettia, Hellebore, or Ivy even. Perhaps it'd be a dragon with a sorta roses-in-snow concept?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.