TJ09

2020-04-12 - Festival of Eggs Begins!

1 minute ago, Ashywolf said:

53/60. Just got hit by too many 12+ minute drops. It would be nice to see shortened drop times on the last day for those who had IRL responsibilities.

I didn't know there WERE 5 minute drops. It's always been like, 10 or 12 for me. Another day would've helped.

I have been working this 3 days (essential worker) and I was 4 away from completing it this year *sobs* *first world problems*

Man. I'm short by 6. This is the first time I've missed completing it since the first one.

*rolls eyes and sighs* Oh, well. Maybe next year.

Been really busy working so hadn't had much online time this year. Missing quite a few--kinda a bummer cause now I don't get to see all of the awesome submissions this year. ;-;

This virus impact has greatly reduced my time due to work needing me and bills needing to be paid. hnnnnggg...

Edited by HollowSoul

Went to get my last 5 half an hour ago first time all day I had to get them and thought that I still had an hour since reset is normally at 10pm my time so I was very shocked to find that the event ended at 9pm my time and with everything that has been going on I'm totally crushed and hurt first event I wasn't able to complete on here :(

Just now, TheDML said:

I have been working this 3 days (essential worker) and I was 4 away from completing it this year *sobs* *first world problems*

Hey, that's not a first world problem- I'm also "essential" (supermarket). It doesn't make it less real. We're in danger every day.

You know maybe what we need is a countdown timer for when these events have a short time window it might help and extensions for when real world problems happen at least then it would be more fair and more fun for everyone 

1 minute ago, Twilight_Moon_Racer said:

You know maybe what we need is a countdown timer for when these events have a short time window it might help and extensions for when real world problems happen at least then it would be more fair and more fun for everyone 

We've never had a timer, but an extension would've been/would be nice still. I feel the same as you.

was confused why i wasn't getting anymore drops but then realized the event was over. only got 40. darn

my fav one has to be this one h3onyk.png

When I was searching to grab tokens, if I grabbed one at, say, 10:54, I would continue doing what I was doing and at 11:04, just 10 minutes later, the new token was there...  Then I would go back and I'd open the DC account page again at 11:14 and another one would be there...   In the many hours of searching, every one was at a 10 minute separation which pleased, but surprised me as it appeared to be changed from previous searches for FoE and Halloween tokens which were at varied intervals...  

This was how I was able to get all of the tokens...   If I had to get away from the screen for a few hours, I'd grab the first token and 10 minutes later another was there...

Ugh, thought I still had a few hours as in 3 days from this post, didn't realize it was gonna end while I slept.. ;_; I wholeheartedly support the idea of shorter drops (myself had to wait for what felt like forever when I finally had time to play) and the chance to get older eggs in the following years to finish the collections... 

Edited by Alwerien

6 minutes ago, Alwerien said:

Ugh, thought I still had a few hours as in 3 days from this post, didn't realize it was gonna end while I slept.. ;_; It would be really nice if one year we had a chance to find eggs from previous years....

I second then after all we did the same basic thing last Christmas!

28 minutes ago, Twilight_Moon_Racer said:

Went to get my last 5 half an hour ago first time all day I had to get them and thought that I still had an hour since reset is normally at 10pm my time so I was very shocked to find that the event ended at 9pm my time and with everything that has been going on I'm totally crushed and hurt first event I wasn't able to complete on here :(

Twilight...

I've been a member since July 2011, and there have been a number of times that I didn't make the count...  it happens because sometimes life happens and sometimes you may get a late start.  Don't be discouraged, it happens to most all of us at times...      Hang in there and BE SAFE!

Just now, Husky51 said:

Twilight...

I've been a member since July 2011, and there have been a number of times that I didn't make the count...  it happens because sometimes life happens and sometimes you may get a late start.  Don't be discouraged, it happens to most all of us at times...      Hang in there and BE SAFE!

I've been a member since late 2008- nothing like this, of this magnitude, has ever happened in all of DC"s years of running.

Things should be given a little leeway due to the circumstances. There's nothing wrong with being sad about it- I certainly am.

There's only so much saying "stay safe" can do when you have to be around people ALL day like I do, or other people still working here.

With some thoughts given I wonder if extending the event just a little longer would be considered. This is an exceptional period of events in real life after all.

Got to 53, was refreshing for the last one right up until 10 PM my time.

With everything going on... It would have been nice to have a win. That's all I'll say.

Congrats to those who made it, hopes for old eggs dropping in the future for those of us who didn't.

5 hours ago, Terrafreaky said:

Another incomplete year for me too.  Whoops.  I do much better with Halloween when we get a full week to collect.  My Easter basket is very hit and miss. 🤪

There is so much going on that I posted this, mentally vowing to try to at least get whatever else I could. Then I went to go eat dinner... and totally forgot about it AGAIN for several hours. Lol. It obviously was not meant to be. :D

Maybe for those who feel the FoE event could use a little more time, check out this suggestion & see if you'd like to lend your support -

Luckily I was able to nab all the eggs this year, but I doubt that would've been the case if I'd had anything else going on.  I never get the 5 minute drops either.

And thanks to all the contributors for all the beautiful Easter eggs!  Some really outstanding lovelies this year :D.

Damn, I missed 10 eggs 😞 I was just too busy to check all the time. I'm pretty sad to have missed out on so many and would have loved an extra day.

Welp, I missed completing the eggs yet again. Oh well...at least it's just to look at the pretty art and doesn't need to be done for a prize or anything!

Oh...it's over. Thanks for the fun event, anyway. I was very close to completion, but got pulled away.

Family distractions (that can drag on for up to an hour or more sometimes) and the 5-6 hour timezone difference dose not help.

2020 egg count came out as  24 out of  60.