TJ09

2020-04-12 - Festival of Eggs Begins!

Only 49 eggs for me, that is the first time I wasn't able to catch all of them *cries*. One more day would have been really helpful.

But thanks to the artists for the gorgeous eggies I have^^

YAY! Even this year i got all the eggs ❤️ 
Unluck i have been busy the first 2 days of the event (family and life) but today i have can get all the eggs in 10 hours
I wish we could collect the eggs of the old events , it would help to finish many collections.. >-< 
The eggs was spawn every 10 mins to me and rare times 5 mins(happened only once), but would be nc if the time was reduced to make it easy and faster.

@Lagie Ty for tell me when the event was ending, it helped me alot to can collect all the eggs in time!

1 minute ago, BeLovE said:

YAY! Even this year i got all the eggs ❤️ 
Unluck i have been busy the first 2 days of the event (family and life) but today i have can get all the eggs in 10 hours
I wish we could collect the eggs of the old events , it would help to finish many collections.. >-< 
The eggs was spawn every 10 mins to me and rare times 5 mins(happened only once), but would be nc if the time was reduced to make it easy and faster.

@Lagie Ty for tell me when the event was ending, it helped me alot to can collect all the eggs in time!

There's a suggestion forum posted on the last page, if you'd like to give your support to some changes for the FoE? 😄

Anyone know who sprited the snake with bunny ears? I really want to ask if it's okay to put in my sig, it's so adorable!! 

Have the credits/reference explanations been posted anywhere yet?  Or is it too soon?  (I have everything, so I don't know if the event is over or not yet. XD; )

Bit late to the party, but I was to get all the eggs at least. Happy belated Easter everyone!

Difficult to pick a favourite this year, love the Calcifer egg (if that's the right reference), the bells bag from AC, the cactus, the one with the spring flower growing out of it, but I liked the green one that is next to last in the bottom row the most, so simple yet so pretty :wub:

I have only found 35.. sorry that's over now ... love them all ^^

Seeing all the eggs in other people's baskets makes me feel sad that I was so not in the mood for this festival this year... I only got 11. Thanks for the event anyway, I love the new designs!

Hi all! This here is the dunce who was half-busy, half-forgot, and was sure that this thing lasted for a week rather than three days for some reason... long story short, my egg got in, and I only come across this reminder of the festival several hours after the even was done, so I haven't got any of them, let alone my own. However, since lots of other people must've got it, and since I've always been curious about the stories behind other peoples' eggs, here's mine. It's the second column, fifth row if you've collected all the eggs I believe, let's see if I can get an image in here, hopefully this works: outlined_moon_submission.png.a8833802f34f4ebae0f2caf20c5dd835.png

I was inspired by the astronomy club route of the Tail of Young Love valentines event, where you try to make cookies with icing to look like Aurax, Valkemare's golden moon, only to end up with "sad lemons", which Tsoko luckily helps fix and make to look more moon-like.

Aurax_cookies.png.a04ba428021fd95c1c2af4e34bbecfdb.png

The idea of making patterns that look like the light and dark patches of a moon sounded interesting to me, and I tried it out on an Easter egg, as you can see. I think it turned out pretty neat, and am rather sad that I'll never be able to have it in my basket, although I'm pleased to be able to see it in others'! I hope you like it!

Edited by MessengerDragon

In 2016 I only got about half of them, then in 2017 and 2018 I completely missed both events due to work. I was going to Try Hard this year!. Lol, wouldn't you know, I missed completing the set by ONE EGG. But I'm not super upset, my basket still looks nice, and the event was fun. Does anyone know where we can see all the eggs, so I can see the one I missed?

This is unrelated, but does anyone know why we don't get a Spring-themed dragon release over the Festival of Eggs? It's the only major event (not counting April Fools) that doesn't have a dragon release...

Edited by Twimm

@Twimm A few posts above yours, Chococat0815 has a link to their scroll in their signature, and they seem to have all sixty in their basket.

As for the lack of dragon release, I always figured it was just to have a bit of a break, since Easter often happens quite close after Valentine's Day.

3 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

[snip] outlined_moon_submission.png.a8833802f34f4ebae0f2caf20c5dd835.png[snip]

Yay, your egg was my absolute favorite this year, thanks for the cute background story! ❤ (I love that it's a reference that I actually get lol)

I did think it might be the Moon, but didn't think of Aurax. It also reminded me of howlite stones.

Anyway, thank you for submitting your art! And sorry you don't get to see it in your own basket... T_T

Edited by Aleoleo

4 hours ago, Erra said:

Anyone can show all eggs?

Spoiler

755741891_DCEaster2020.jpg.db3dc9ab01f1a7cf994ea568e08e5cd5.jpg

This doesn't show the animation, of course, but it's all of them!

Aww, man, I missed the Snitch egg. T_T But, at least I got the moon and the bag of bells eggs.

23 hours ago, Cyberr said:

Great! I'm really happy you like it ❤️ But hey, I'm really suprised that someone could think about Space Balls... ovO

XD well, I'm not really a fan of the movie (just doesn't strike my funny bone much) but there is a scene where a baby T-Rex with a top hat and cane does a song and dance number on a bar top. The top hat is what made me think of it!

My egg is this one: yFTYlnD.png Fun fact is, I never spoke to anyone about my idea, so the fact that there are *two* cactus eggs this year is a pure coincidence. Amusing. 

128708879-blooming-cactus-in-a-pot-a-hom

26 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

My egg is this one: yFTYlnD.png 

That is one of my favorites. The detail is amazing! :)

I made the Majora's Mask egg. I was in my room trying to decide what egg I should make then looked up and saw a painting I have on my wall of Majora's Mask and decided to give it a try. I thought it came out pretty good  mask.gif.91d3ab2cc0598892e52981dca71c75e1.gif

Lot of cute eggs this year. Sadly, I forgot it was Easter on Sunday and didn't get a chance to start egg hunting till Monday. Ended up with only 42 out of the 62. Eggs weren't spawning every 5-10 minutes for me. Sometimes it took 30 minutes, and due to the amount of time I forgot to even refresh the page.

the eggs this year were awesome. thanks to all the talented spriters and to TJ and the mods too. This was another great event.

4 hours ago, Dragon Mage said:

XD well, I'm not really a fan of the movie (just doesn't strike my funny bone much) but there is a scene where a baby T-Rex with a top hat and cane does a song and dance number on a bar top. The top hat is what made me think of it!

It's not a baby t-rex. It's based on a chest-burster from the Alien franchise .

I really have a love-hate relationship with this event. I love the beautiful art, but I hate that I never have time to collect it all. I'm one of the many still working through this pandemic, even with the SIP Order, and my hours are long Monday through Thursday. I'm really sad I couldn't more than a couple of the eggs.  u.u

16 minutes ago, Riannon said:

I really have a love-hate relationship with this event. I love the beautiful art, but I hate that I never have time to collect it all. I'm one of the many still working through this pandemic, even with the SIP Order, and my hours are long Monday through Thursday. I'm really sad I couldn't more than a couple of the eggs.  u.u

Maybe the admins will take pity on us? I feel you- I had to work for pretty much every day this week.