Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

First day at new job was great! I had a great time, everyone was very welcoming and friendly, the work is suuuuuuuper easy, the lunchroom is AMAZING, and the day practically FLEW by compared to working 12's. Am starving and sleepy from being awake all day, plus I have therapy at 11am, so dinner and then to bed. Have a good night all :3

10 hours ago, trystan said:

oof, i'm sorry it's being uncooperative for you.

The good news is, everything's back to normal this mirning. I guess it just needed a reboot.

7 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

First day at new job was great! I had a great time, everyone was very welcoming and friendly, the work is suuuuuuuper easy, the lunchroom is AMAZING, and the day practically FLEW by compared to working 12's.

Yay! That's great news.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, toast with jam, and cake (not a lie)*

Bright and sunny.

What to do with my day...?

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

The good news is, everything's back to normal this mirning. I guess it just needed a reboot

yaay!

mirning? i think you need a reboot too.

or, y'know, coffee XD

i'm taking a 1/2 day because i have movers coming to give me an estimate, and the only time they have in the 'now' is this afternoon! and then i have another plumber coming for another estimate.  this one comes highly recommended, from many sources, and they can do another aspect of the job that we didn't think they could (replace the flooring!)  i was actually about to add that this wouldn't be so insane if we knew about this even only a few weeks ago.... but we only signed our agreement of sale just 3-1/2 weeks ago :blink: yikes.

Some good news and some sad news. (Warning: discussion of death of a pet)

Sad news: My boss's cat, Dumpling, died unexpectedly last night. It seems she passed peacefully but prematurely so the vet is taking a look. My poor boss is crushed since her other two cats died just last year.

I hugged my puppy extra good this morning because you never know how long you have with them before they go. Here he is being sleepy and photogenic.

20220920_085410.thumb.jpg.796e3f7cf1360af96b398c798a15a03a.jpg20220920_085324.thumb.jpg.96dd12f3d1e4d5b80eeb617d8ce8dc60.jpg

Good news: We are moving along with our kitchen and bath renovations in the upstairs apartment. The floor has been removed in the bathroom, the plumber rerouted some drains to move the washer/dryer stack and improve the drainage from the kitchen and bathroom sinks. The electrician is done too, after being there all weekend. 7 new breakers in the box to allow for dedicated kitchen circuits, a new outlet in the bathroom, and updated GFCI outlets for safety. We still have to rip out and replace the kitchen floor but we are making progress!

Also, my parents finally got a contract to sell my grandma's house! It has been more than a year since she died and there were multiple things that had to be done to get it ready (mold abatement, cleaning, etc.). They got a full-priced offer and the buyer only wanted minimal repairs after getting the inspection report back.

Snow, i'm sorry to hear about your boss' cat :(

but yay for moving along with your renovations, and your parents being able to sell your grandma's house! :)

Edited by trystan

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

The good news is, everything's back to normal this mirning. I guess it just needed a reboot.

Yay! That's great news.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, toast with jam, and cake (not a lie)*

Bright and sunny.

What to do with my day...?

I'm glad the issue seems to be resolved for you, that was really weird.

Right?! AND I saw a lot of familar faces from the metal press facility I use to work at, so that was nice too.

If is nice out I suggest reading a book out in the sunshine.

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Some good news and some sad news. (Warning: discussion of death of a pet)

Sad news: My boss's cat, Dumpling, died unexpectedly last night. It seems she passed peacefully but prematurely so the vet is taking a look. My poor boss is crushed since her other two cats died just last year.

I hugged my puppy extra good this morning because you never know how long you have with them before they go. Here he is being sleepy and photogenic.

Hide contents

20220920_085410.thumb.jpg.796e3f7cf1360af96b398c798a15a03a.jpg20220920_085324.thumb.jpg.96dd12f3d1e4d5b80eeb617d8ce8dc60.jpg

Good news: We are moving along with our kitchen and bath renovations in the upstairs apartment. The floor has been removed in the bathroom, the plumber rerouted some drains to move the washer/dryer stack and improve the drainage from the kitchen and bathroom sinks. The electrician is done too, after being there all weekend. 7 new breakers in the box to allow for dedicated kitchen circuits, a new outlet in the bathroom, and updated GFCI outlets for safety. We still have to rip out and replace the kitchen floor but we are making progress!

Also, my parents finally got a contract to sell my grandma's house! It has been more than a year since she died and there were multiple things that had to be done to get it ready (mold abatement, cleaning, etc.). They got a full-priced offer and the buyer only wanted minimal repairs after getting the inspection report back.

I am so sorry about your boss's cat, that is awful.

your pup is ADORABLE, what's his name?

Yay for good news!

So, Ben's brother had an accident at work about a week ago (he works at our new job) *TRIGGER WARNING* Kinda gory, mention of bodily injury.

Spoiler

He works with a giant printing machine and maintenance didn't tell anyone they had been working on it and removed their locks/tags when shift change happened, so when he tried to run the machine, he got his right hand caught in a gear because they forgot to replace one of the safety guards and he didn't know that. Good news is, it was just his pinky finger that got mangled and he can't really feel it. Bad news is, after they evaluate it today at the dr.'s office, he might have to have it amputated. He had surgery to try and save it last Friday, but we find out this afternoon if it was successful or not. It was pretty bad., so we're not super optimistic, but at least is just the pinky.

22 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I am so sorry about your boss's cat, that is awful.

your pup is ADORABLE, what's his name?

Yay for good news!

So, Ben's brother had an accident at work about a week ago (he works at our new job) *TRIGGER WARNING* Kinda gory, mention of bodily injury.

Reveal hidden contents

He works with a giant printing machine and maintenance didn't tell anyone they had been working on it and removed their locks/tags when shift change happened, so when he tried to run the machine, he got his right hand caught in a gear because they forgot to replace one of the safety guards and he didn't know that. Good news is, it was just his pinky finger that got mangled and he can't really feel it. Bad news is, after they evaluate it today at the dr.'s office, he might have to have it amputated. He had surgery to try and save it last Friday, but we find out this afternoon if it was successful or not. It was pretty bad., so we're not super optimistic, but at least is just the pinky.

His name is Harlem. We have had him for 2 years now and he is a gigantic ball of love. 

Ouch! Poor Ben's brother. That sounds aweful but it also sounds like it could have been a lot worse. Are the medical costs being covered by Worker's Comp? 

Good afternoon CPA!

Picked up a bit of programming after a few weeks off. Needed that break.

2 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Lovely pupper!

3 hours ago, trystan said:

or, y'know, coffee XD

XD Ain't that true for all of us!

Hope your meetings with the movers and the plumbers go well! Soon, soon, it will all be done. Just hang on to that.

@BringsTheSnow Sorry to hear about your boss's kitty!

Your Harlem is beautiful. Love the pictures.

Glad to hear you are making good progress with all your renovations.

@IzzyCat91 That is scary about Ben's brother. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. I hope he gets good news about the finger.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hope your meetings with the movers and the plumbers go well! Soon, soon, it will all be done. Just hang on to that.

yep yep.

i think both meetings went well.  the plumbers have done so many of these sewer replacements lately!

so the thing with the movers is that we have a TON of boxes at our storage locker, and i'll be danged if i know how many there are.  and with today's mover, i completely forgot to mention all about the 2 cat trees that we have there too. oops?

19 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

First day at new job was great! I had a great time, everyone was very welcoming and friendly, the work is suuuuuuuper easy, the lunchroom is AMAZING, and the day practically FLEW by compared to working 12's. Am starving and sleepy from being awake all day, plus I have therapy at 11am, so dinner and then to bed. Have a good night all :3

whoo! that's great!

i'm taking a 1/2 day because i have movers coming to give me an estimate, and the only time they have in the 'now' is this afternoon! and then i have another plumber coming for another estimate.  this one comes highly recommended, from many sources, and they can do another aspect of the job that we didn't think they could (replace the flooring!)  i was actually about to add that this wouldn't be so insane if we knew about this even only a few weeks ago.... but we only signed our agreement of sale just 3-1/2 weeks ago :blink: yikes.

9 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

wow, busy busy people. sorry to hear about your boss' cat though 😞

or, y'know, coffee

XD Durned typos.

I bought myself a full set of dinos this morning. :D

*hugs @BringsTheSnow* Sorry about your boss's cat.

Yay for a good first day, @IzzyCat91! Ouch to the injury. :(

Good luck with the movers, @trystan. (Just strap the trees on top of the truck. ;) )

19 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Good luck with the movers, @trystan. (Just strap the trees on top of the truck. ;) )

LOL!  i don't think it works that way.....

we're getting one of those PODS tomorrow, and then we'll be bringing back the boxes from our storage locker, so that on moving day all our stuff will be in one place.

now that we have a plumber lined up for that job, hubby says our ducks are finally back in the same pond.  now we need to work on getting them in a row XD 

39 minutes ago, trystan said:

now that we have a plumber lined up for that job, hubby says our ducks are finally back in the same pond.  now we need to work on getting them in a row XD 

XD Well, progress is being made, at least!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

XD Well, progress is being made, at least!

yep, exactly!

and once this project is done, then i get to start calling places that can transfer services - like the home warranty and the air conditioner tune-up people.  and call our oil company to end that contract.  lots of stuff can be done online, as well. :) 

12 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

His name is Harlem. We have had him for 2 years now and he is a gigantic ball of love. 

Ouch! Poor Ben's brother. That sounds aweful but it also sounds like it could have been a lot worse. Are the medical costs being covered by Worker's Comp? 

I love him. Makes me miss my pupper boi

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@IzzyCat91 That is scary about Ben's brother. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. I hope he gets good news about the finger.

Yeah it was legit BAD bad, but dr said today that other than not being able to bend the third joint (one closest to his fingertip) alls well and he gets to keep it, nail and all! IDK about worker's comp though, I didn't ask.

4 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

whoo! that's great!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yay for a good first day, @IzzyCat91! Ouch to the injury. :(

Second day was even better! I love it here so far, other than having to wear ear plugs and I get ZERO cell/internet signal there, but that just means I have an excuse to start reading more again. AND I was told I am doing a great job so far! :3

ok bad news for the day, my weight is back up to 221 😕 gonna have to start cracking back down on that starting next week (we have plans for the weekend with Cookie so I KNOW I won't be eating healthy where we're going lol I'll start on monday)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny. I was woken by drone drone i.e. the buzzing noise of a drone. Blerg. It was loud enough and annoying enough that I briefly thought it would be better to go to work than be at home listening to that. Thankfully it seems to have stopped.

Good progress!

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Second day was even better! I love it here so far, other than having to wear ear plugs and I get ZERO cell/internet signal there, but that just means I have an excuse to start reading more again. AND I was told I am doing a great job so far! :3

Yay! (And you're not supposed to be on your phone at work, are you? :P Drives me nuts when I see the kids at work standing in the hallway tapping on their phones when it's not their lunch hour.)

Reading is good!

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny. I was woken by drone drone i.e. the buzzing noise of a drone. Blerg. It was loud enough and annoying enough that I briefly thought it would be better to go to work than be at home listening to that. Thankfully it seems to have stopped.

Yay! (And you're not supposed to be on your phone at work, are you? :P Drives me nuts when I see the kids at work standing in the hallway tapping on their phones when it's not their lunch hour.)

Reading is good!

Well THAT sounds awful. I'm glad it stopped. That would've driven me insane!

Oh, no I don't mean to use my phone on the shop floor, but I DO like reading messages/talking to friends on my break, or listening to music. I also love reading though, so it's not a huge deal (I AM concerned that mom can't call me in case of emergency, which also doesn't really matter because my work is an hour away from home so I wouldn't be much help anyway)

Hi guys! Had the exterminator over earlier, so I had to get up early. We had to move the piggie cages to let them spray in here, so now we have to move them back. I don't want to. lol

Emma is doing great as usual. She's gonna be 10 weeks this Friday! How insane is that???

40 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Emma is doing great as usual. She's gonna be 10 weeks this Friday! How insane is that???

Babies do grow up fast, don't they?

Really need to get some cleaning done around here today, but I don't want to!

Also have some outdoor work to do, but it is too hot and sunny right now for that -- will have to don long pants, long sleeves, shoes and socks and slather on bug spray to keep the mosquitoes and ticks at bay. Will wait until the sun is lower before I do that.

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

AM concerned that mom can't call me in case of emergency,

Is there a work landline that can be used for emergencies?

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

They grow so quickly.

25 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Sounds like me and my laundry.

The ginger and white cat that the neighbours left with me when they moved has gone AWOL. I haven't seen her in six days, which is a long time for her to not check in, especially when the other person who feeds her isn't around. I hope she's okay.

oh no, i hope the ginger & white cat comes back around!

so i did a LOT of adulty things earlier, and here's where i'm at:

Spoiler

we've secured monies as well as financing (thanks Mom!) of this dratted sewer project.  they can start on monday, and should be done by wednesday.  for planning purposes, they'll know tuesday if it'll be done by wednesday or not, which works for us, because....

while no one explicitly said "you can't be there when they're doing this," we won't have water or the toilets, and, as the guy coming out to work on it said, it's LOUD, we found a place on airbnb that we can stay at that accepts all 11 cats (i messaged the host and asked!), we get the whole house, and it's only about 10-12 minutes from our house! (and probably about that long to get to my work, anyway)

we can check in sunday evening and bring the cats over then, and stay too.  we probably will, (but i had an idea of one of us staying at the house until they come (hm, maybe i'll ask hubby if he'd want me to do that)) monday. i'll pop in after work to see how they're doing, of course.  and then tuesday afternoon, they'll have an idea when they'll be done.  if it IS wednesday, we can head back home when hubby is done at work that evening.  (i'm really hoping it is, and we won't need to add another day onto the airbnb booking.)  the fun thing is, boarding the cats would be over $1000, and then we'd need a hotel room for us for those nights..... and the airbnb is, well, less than all that. XD

honestly, i can't wait for all this to be done with, and we've finally moved.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

oh no, i hope the ginger & white cat comes back around!

Me, too, though Julian thinks maybe the other family took Ginger with them when they moved. I'll ask at the AGM tonight, see if anyone knows anything.

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

Amen.

Like me and the roadworks.

Glad you found somewhere to stay with the cats!

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

maybe the other family took Ginger with them when they moved.

oh, maybe!

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Like me and the roadworks.

any idea when the roadworks will be completed??

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Glad you found somewhere to stay with the cats!

me too!

but i know i'm going to wonder how they're doing when we're both at work on tuesday and wednesday. i kinda want to message the hosts and ask if the cats will be all right when hubby and i are out during those days.... they'll be in a different house, and, well, i'm a mom.  i worry.

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I know the feeling...

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sounds like me and my laundry.

Coincidentally, actually am trying to do some laundry today.

6 hours ago, trystan said:

so i did a LOT of adulty things earlier, and here's where i'm at:

Reveal hidden contents

we've secured monies as well as financing (thanks Mom!) of this dratted sewer project.  they can start on monday, and should be done by wednesday.  for planning purposes, they'll know tuesday if it'll be done by wednesday or not, which works for us, because....

while no one explicitly said "you can't be there when they're doing this," we won't have water or the toilets, and, as the guy coming out to work on it said, it's LOUD, we found a place on airbnb that we can stay at that accepts all 11 cats (i messaged the host and asked!), we get the whole house, and it's only about 10-12 minutes from our house! (and probably about that long to get to my work, anyway)

we can check in sunday evening and bring the cats over then, and stay too.  we probably will, (but i had an idea of one of us staying at the house until they come (hm, maybe i'll ask hubby if he'd want me to do that)) monday. i'll pop in after work to see how they're doing, of course.  and then tuesday afternoon, they'll have an idea when they'll be done.  if it IS wednesday, we can head back home when hubby is done at work that evening.  (i'm really hoping it is, and we won't need to add another day onto the airbnb booking.)  the fun thing is, boarding the cats would be over $1000, and then we'd need a hotel room for us for those nights..... and the airbnb is, well, less than all that. XD

ick, geez. yeah, hope everything gets wrapped up fairly quickly so you can enjoy some peace.