Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

banana tea? o:

never heard of banana being a flavor of tea before. how is that?

I tried a grape tea once..........really don't know if I'd try it again; if I did though, I think it's better as a cold tea instead of a hot tea.

@trystan haha, I probably got the person wrong; I couldn't remember who mentioned it to me and idk how far back in the thread the conversation was......might've been izzy......

:'D

Edited by WaterScorpion

@trystan 

Oh my. The trip itself sounds exhausting but from what I see cat owners do in their video blogs, a few common things I notice are:

1. Each owner makes 1 to 2 additional stops to let the cats outside and strech depending how long a trip is.

2. One cat owner had a genuis idea to put the cat litter box in the back of the van and have one of the seats down for easy accessibility for the cats once you get them out of the crate. (And that way they aren't stuck with a litter box next to them all day long.)

3. Definitely bring toys and snacks. At the very least 2 toys per cat and 3 snacks per cats. This would also depend on how long the trip is, I'd guess 2 toys 3 snacks is for a 5 hours trip.

Lastly 4. Always have someone, either you or your partner; in the car/van with the cats. Be sure to get yourselves some restroom stops but take turns going in a store or restroom to avoid leaving the cats alone unless absolutely necessary. 

Hope these help? o/

If not I think you can find allot of videos online explaining further detail! ❤️

@catstaff oh I understand now.

Yea that would leave me feeling a little angsty too, mainly for that ending. Yet part of me feels it's one of those satisfying, calm, happy endings.  :)

And there's nothing wrong with that ❤️

@IzzyCat91 Thank goodness it's good to hear you got some good quality sleep 😴 👍

A good therapy session too? That is wonderful. Also lol I wake up the same way, my bladder is just like "hey its time to get up." XD Have fun on ARK! ❤️

@WaterScorpion Banana tea isn't common.

But it tastes like watered down bananas, unless you add some cinnamon or honey. To make it, you only need to boil banana peels and then pour a cup of that and that is your tea. If you want honey or cinnamon you can either add it while it is boiling or after its in your cup, it's up to you. 

It's kind of like the taste of banana pudding o:

Also I never had grape tea before! What is that tea like and how is it made? It sounds like it could be refreshing for this summer heat XD

Finally arrived home with mom, she is back from traveling and is super exhausted lol we were driving for awhile. She told us allot about her travels that I'll indulge you all in tomorrow, I'm super tired right now.

Time to head to sleep, goodnight guys ❤️

I'll check back tomorrow :D

Edited by LadyAngeliki

9 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Hope the swim got the exhaustion out. :) 

It definitely helped!

7 hours ago, trystan said:

and what do we do with the crates out in Pgh

Keep one or two, then donate the rest to a local shelter. ;) (Or sell them. Crates usually sell quickly.)

6 hours ago, catstaff said:

pantser or a plantser,

What do those terms mean?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny.

The book people never picked up their boxes yesterday, and the table lady has never come. Blerg.

9 hours ago, catstaff said:

@trystanI'm either a pantser or a plantser, depending on exactly what I'm working on.

as i said back a page.... my actual writing style ends up being more of a plantser - i plan the BIG things, but pants my way through the story to get to the planned bits.

8 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@trystan haha, I probably got the person wrong

eh, it's fine. :D

7 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Oh my. The trip itself sounds exhausting

that's cause it will be XD

so letting them out isn't really a good idea, they're indoor kitties :)

i mentioned it to hubby, and he said - as i knew he would - "that's an august or september issue. we'll figure it out then." and that if he were to leave the cats in the car, the air would be on, and it would only be a run in/run out thing.  i said maybe the car would have two keys, so you could leave the car running, but lock the door with the second key.  he said it might even be a push start.  but he also suggested i make lists - pre-move, during move, and post-move of things to be done.  that way it gets dumped out of my brain and i don't dwell on it.  he may have a point there.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Keep one or two, then donate the rest to a local shelter. ;) (Or sell them. Crates usually sell quickly.)

makes sense.  something to look into. :D thanks!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:
9 hours ago, catstaff said:

pantser or a plantser,

What do those terms mean?

there's actually a third term as well: planner.

a planner plans out all the story, character, and plot pieces.  sometimes it could be kinda vague or ccan get very detailed, depending on what type of planner one is.

a pantser just wings it, writes by the seat of their pants, so to speak.

a plantser is a mix of both - like me, as i described myself at the top of this post XD

also, stalking the Cave today - False-Headed Hydras and Antareans.  got my last planned Neb tuesday! :D

9 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@trystan haha, I probably got the person wrong; I couldn't remember who mentioned it to me and idk how far back in the thread the conversation was......might've been izzy......

:'D

Was totally me that mentioned Inscryption XD How are you guys liking it thus far?

8 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

IzzyCat91 Thank goodness it's good to hear you got some good quality sleep 😴 👍

A good therapy session too? That is wonderful. Also lol I wake up the same way, my bladder is just like "hey its time to get up." XD Have fun on ARK! ❤️

Yep and I didn't need tea OR my sleep aid this time lol.

Therapy is usually good. I've been seeing the same lady for something like 7 years now? I think? So, we've done a good amount of work and sessions now usually consist of: how have I been feeling mentally/physically, where would I rate my anxiety/depression, big feelings/news/health updates, future plans, how my relationships are doing (friends, family, romantic etc) and how well (or not) I've been handling stressors like work. She'll ask if I feel like I have anything I need to work on or through and we go from there, but is generally just venting once or teice a month. I'm not ready to stop going (I have this deep seated fear if I do, something awful will happen and I won't have access to my therapist anymore, which I know logically isn't correct but brain is silly)

Banana tea isn't common.

But it tastes like watered down bananas, unless you add some cinnamon or honey. To make it, you only need to boil banana peels and then pour a cup of that and that is your tea. If you want honey or cinnamon you can either add it while it is boiling or after its in your cup, it's up to you. 

I think that sounds interesting. I'll have to try it next time I have bananas in the house.

So much posting since the last time I looked. No time to go back and read it all just now. Will have to try to catch up later.

also, meant to mention the results of my informal poll - i did get a Nebula first!  i've seen and clicked on several NR Scaled eggs, and someone always gets there before me!

so yaay to @Lagie and @LadyAngeliki for guessing Nebula!

and then... what's in the desert? a Nebula.  cause i'm not looking for 'em any more. XD

Hi CPA! Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone have plans for this upcoming weekend? 😊

@LadyAngeliki Thank you for sharing that recipe! It sounds so good. My partner loves banana so I'm definitely making this tonight.

If anyone has weird remedies for headaches, send them my way. 😝 I've tried everything traditional including a litre of coffee! I whacked my head a few days ago and it hasn't stopped hurting. (Don't worry, everything is ok medically! No concussion or other damage!)

47 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I have so many Almeralds. lol

*maniacal laughter* yes, good, yes!

10 minutes ago, yanderella said:

Hi CPA! Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone have plans for this upcoming weekend? 😊

@LadyAngeliki Thank you for sharing that recipe! It sounds so good. My partner loves banana so I'm definitely making this tonight.

If anyone has weird remedies for headaches, send them my way. 😝 I've tried everything traditional including a litre of coffee! I whacked my head a few days ago and it hasn't stopped hurting. (Don't worry, everything is ok medically! No concussion or other damage!)

My partner and I work all weekend sadly.

As for the headache, try rubbing Vicks vapor rub on your temples (off brand works too) and maybe a warm washrag on the forehead.

26 minutes ago, yanderella said:

Long weekend here! I work Saturday so will have Sun - Tues off. My house sit ends Monday so I get to go home for a couple of nights.

Long annoying work day.

No but really this is getting ridiculous. So many Almeralds. (Ignore the names of the dragons and the name of the group. It was a lyrical lineage I was gonna do, but got lazy. lol).

But they're pretty! ;)

Screenshot_20220707-190816.thumb.jpg.abf90dfab9f54e6e54d983646eade821.jpg

Remove your... empty pockets? :blink:

18 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Banana tea isn't common.

Also I never had grape tea before! What is that tea like and how is it made? It sounds like it could be refreshing for this summer heat XD

ahhh, that sounds interesting.....maybe I'll try it; we do currently have bananas

as for the grape tea, it was actually my sister's, but I unfortunately do not remember where she got it from (and by this point in time I doubt she remembers either; she definitely bought it though). again, I didn't really care for it because it had that grape flavor but wasn't necessarily sweet and it was hot; also don't know if this is the reason, but sometimes when I drink apple juice I get headaches and though I didn't really get a headache from drinking it, the smell/flavor was a bit overwhelming for me. I think if it was a cold tea the flavor/smell wouldn't be so potent. but that is me; if you're able to get your hands on a grape tea maybe you'll like it.

9 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Was totally me that mentioned Inscryption XD How are you guys liking it thus far?

heh, it's a bit of a wild ride. my bf just beat leshy and we got to experience the section afterwards. he says he can finally go back and watch a let's player's video since there was a spoiler warning on it for the game and my bf didn't want to be spoiled. the premise is interesting so far and the gameplay is fun.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

tee hee!

so.

tonight we listed our house.  the listing will be available probably tomorrow night! :blink:

and, after like two days (really? feels like more) of hits and misses, we got our showerhead and bathtub spigot working again!  the spigot diverter (the thing you pull up (usually) to make it go from tub to shower) has been.... frozen in place for.... years? and was stuck in the "shower" position, so that got replaced.  hubby got the wrong spigot yesterday, so we went back today to get the right one.  also last night, hubby had actually cleaned the tub!  and when he went to take down the hand-held part of the showerhead to rinse the tub...... it broke.  oops.  we couldn't test it properly until we fixed the spigot.  and - they both work! yaay! :D 

i'm working 12 to 5 tomorrow, so by the time i get home, i'll have some grown up NR dragons.  they also need names. *googles*

Edited by trystan

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

But they're pretty! ;)

3 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

No but really this is getting ridiculous. So many Almeralds. (Ignore the names of the dragons and the name of the group. It was a lyrical lineage I was gonna do, but got lazy. lol).

Agreed, the alemeralds are pretty ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220707-190816.thumb.jpg.abf90dfab9f54e6e54d983646eade821.jpg

But... But... I have no empty pockets? :blink:

2 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

ahhh, that sounds interesting.....maybe I'll try it; we do currently have bananas

as for the grape tea, it was actually my sister's, but I unfortunately do not remember where she got it from (and by this point in time I doubt she remembers either; she definitely bought it though). again, I didn't really care for it because it had that grape flavor but wasn't necessarily sweet and it was hot; also don't know if this is the reason, but sometimes when I drink apple juice I get headaches and though I didn't really get a headache from drinking it, the smell/flavor was a bit overwhelming for me. I think if it was a cold tea the flavor/smell wouldn't be so potent. but that is me; if you're able to get your hands on a grape tea maybe you'll like it.

Let me know if you guys like it ❤️

I'll keep my eyes out for some grape tea as it sounds like something I would enjoy.

Usually I don't like eating fruit as they are because they can sometimes be bitter, but I love fruit flavored stuff.

So pudding with fruit, teas, fruit drinks, I love all those so grape tea might be right up my alley.

Headache with apple juice? Do you also get a headache near hot dogs or pepperoni?

If so, it's the tannins causing it.  It's a chemical commonly known to cause headaches.

And is only found in processed foods/juices.

I suggest some organic apple juice, it won't have tannins. ^^;

7 hours ago, yanderella said:

I don't have any plans other then going to church on Sunday :) 

Let me know how your partner like the banana tea! Hopefully he likes it ❤️ 

What I usually do for headaches is a hot chocolate, cold ice pack on head, headphone ontop of ice pack with soothing music, dimmed lights,

and curl up to a movie and just drink hot chocolate and eat hot soup. This usually done for a day gets the headache to stop. 

Hope this works for you too, it's always worked for me ❤️ 

12 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Yep and I didn't need tea OR my sleep aid this time lol.

Therapy is usually good. I've been seeing the same lady for something like 7 years now? I think? So, we've done a good amount of work and sessions now usually consist of: how have I been feeling mentally/physically, where would I rate my anxiety/depression, big feelings/news/health updates, future plans, how my relationships are doing (friends, family, romantic etc) and how well (or not) I've been handling stressors like work. She'll ask if I feel like I have anything I need to work on or through and we go from there, but is generally just venting once or twice a month. I'm not ready to stop going (I have this deep seated fear if I do, something awful will happen and I won't have access to my therapist anymore, which I know logically isn't correct but brain is silly)

That is a big accomplishment. ❤️ I'm incredibly happy for you Izzy, it is not easy to get good sleep when you are accustomed to a bad sleep schedule. 

Now just stick to it, sleep early, maybe even do a few squats before just to get yourself to sleep as soon as you lay down and not watching videos. They say the first time is the toughest, but after that all you have to do is follow it up. Just keep on doing it and do not give up. ❤️ 

That sounds like a good therapist, give her a big hug from me next time you see her.. Let her know she is appreciated by your friends too ❤️ 

Cannot blame you for not wanting to stop going, I probably wouldn't stop either. Having someone you can talk to is very important. :) 

Especially one that cares about you and is as kind to you as she is :D 

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I think that sounds interesting. I'll have to try it next time I have bananas in the house.

So much posting since the last time I looked. No time to go back and read it all just now. Will have to try to catch up later.

No worries on catching up immediately, we all need time to rest. :) 

Should try it, it's actually quiet tasty with honey added in. 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

so.

tonight we listed our house.  the listing will be available probably tomorrow night! :blink:

and, after like two days (really? feels like more) of hits and misses, we got our showerhead and bathtub spigot working again!  the spigot diverter (the thing you pull up (usually) to make it go from tub to shower) has been.... frozen in place for.... years? and was stuck in the "shower" position, so that got replaced.  hubby got the wrong spigot yesterday, so we went back today to get the right one.  also last night, hubby had actually cleaned the tub!  and when he went to take down the hand-held part of the showerhead to rinse the tub...... it broke.  oops.  we couldn't test it properly until we fixed the spigot.  and - they both work! yaay! :D 

i'm working 12 to 5 tomorrow, so by the time i get home, i'll have some grown up NR dragons.  they also need names. *googles*

Hope selling the house goes well for you! Most new house owners are being advised to wait for now because the housing bubble is too big right now.

Nearly every house is 30% over it's original selling price. But I am certain there are still those who need a home as soon as they can get one.

The shower is working? That is good, it's never fun when you have to go a day, week or even months without showering. 

(Happened to me when they were remodeling my bathroom for 2 months.) 

IT WAS FROZEN?! What? I never heard of that before, I am happy your husband got it fixed! ❤️ 

Names for NR? May I suggest Harry Potter themed names? XD 

9 hours ago, trystan said:

also, meant to mention the results of my informal poll - i did get a Nebula first!  i've seen and clicked on several NR Scaled eggs, and someone always gets there before me!

so yaay to @Lagie and @LadyAngeliki for guessing Nebula!

and then... what's in the desert? a Nebula.  cause i'm not looking for 'em any more. XD

hehe sneak Neb :P

and yay for nebula, I had a feeling Lagie knew :) 

12 hours ago, trystan said:

so letting them out isn't really a good idea, they're indoor kitties :)

i mentioned it to hubby, and he said - as i knew he would - "that's an august or september issue. we'll figure it out then." and that if he were to leave the cats in the car, the air would be on, and it would only be a run in/run out thing.  i said maybe the car would have two keys, so you could leave the car running, but lock the door with the second key.  he said it might even be a push start.  but he also suggested i make lists - pre-move, during move, and post-move of things to be done.  that way it gets dumped out of my brain and i don't dwell on it.  he may have a point there.

Indoor kitties? Awwwh. I have heard about some owners taking their cats outside for a bike ride, or making them a cute patio. :) 

I am really used to seeing outdoor cats where I'm from, but I love indoor kitties just as much ❤️

That is a solid plan! Good on him for being able to wait till August to sort it out. You guys have a few months before you need to worry about the trip itself.

But I do agree, you do need a list just so it's out of your head and not getting swelled on. I wish you guys the best moving! ❤️ 

12 hours ago, trystan said:

there's actually a third term as well: planner.

a planner plans out all the story, character, and plot pieces.  sometimes it could be kinda vague or ccan get very detailed, depending on what type of planner one is.

a pantser just wings it, writes by the seat of their pants, so to speak.

a plantser is a mix of both - like me, as i described myself at the top of this post XD

also, stalking the Cave today - False-Headed Hydras and Antareans.  got my last planned Neb tuesday! :D

Congrats on the Neb :D 

By those terms, I am very much a planster, but I could be a planner if given the appropriate amount of time and material to work with. 

15 hours ago, Lagie said:

It definitely helped!

Bright and sunny.

The book people never picked up their boxes yesterday, and the table lady has never come. Blerg.

Hehe happy to hear it helped you out ^u^

Oh table lady. You should bring a cookie with you everyday, so the day she shows up, you give her one.

Not sure why but people tend to show up after you give them a cookie. Be it chocolate chip, or a oatmeal cookie. :P 

Yep. another essay ❤️

*hands out homemade cookies, chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar and Greek gluten free cookies*

Today is the day mom was home all day, and I am excited for the weekend.

It's looking like we will be making chocolate cake, after we clean the house up XD 

Hope everyone has a good one ❤️ 

Edited by LadyAngeliki
had to make the pun better XD im so sorry for what ive done

27 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

IT WAS FROZEN?! What? I never heard of that before, I am happy your husband got it fixed! ❤️ 

By frozen, I mean stuck. And I was the one that fixed that part, hubby fixed the showerhead.

I do have I do have a naming scheme for my new guys, I probably end up naming them tomorrow night XD

And as for the kitties, our old guy Blackie we adopted as stray, but everyone else has been from a shelter or rescue, and part of the contract is we keep them as as indoors. Also our neighborhood has a hawk....that could probably carry our kitties away :blink:

32 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

But I am certain there are still those who need a home as soon as they can get one.

currently we're in a very good school district, so probably someone moving in will have kids, and will want to be here at the start of school :)

2 hours ago, trystan said:

tee hee!

so.

Yay! Glad I am not the only one doing home renovation projects. My husband and I just started a kitchen remodel this evening. Demo is half complete!

18 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Yay! Glad I am not the only one doing home renovation projects. My husband and I just started a kitchen remodel this evening. Demo is half complete!

oh, we're only doing small things! XD

But yay on remodeling your kitchen!

Edited by trystan
realizing my auto-correct was auto-wrong.... 18 hours later! :O

14 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

heh, it's a bit of a wild ride. my bf just beat leshy and we got to experience the section afterwards. he says he can finally go back and watch a let's player's video since there was a spoiler warning on it for the game and my bf didn't want to be spoiled. the premise is interesting so far and the gameplay is fun.

It really is, and just when you thin the game is over, it hits you with a BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! I already beat the game and am STILL playing it and finding new stuff. It's crazy good. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying yourselves :3

11 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

If so, it's the tannins causing it.  It's a chemical commonly known to cause headaches.

And is only found in processed foods/juices.

Well, yes and no. Tannis are naturally found in a wide variety of plants, such as Oak, certain berries, teas, ect. But, you're not wrong that they DO add tannins to fruit juices, like Apple Juice:

Wiki Page It's a bit of a read but is very educational. (I looked it up a couple years ago when I was told that I don't like certain wines likely because of tannins and had no idea what those even were lol)

11 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

That is a big accomplishment. ❤️ I'm incredibly happy for you Izzy, it is not easy to get good sleep when you are accustomed to a bad sleep schedule. 

Now just stick to it, sleep early, maybe even do a few squats before just to get yourself to sleep as soon as you lay down and not watching videos. They say the first time is the toughest, but after that all you have to do is follow it up. Just keep on doing it and do not give up. ❤️ 

That sounds like a good therapist, give her a big hug from me next time you see her.. Let her know she is appreciated by your friends too ❤️ 

Cannot blame you for not wanting to stop going, I probably wouldn't stop either. Having someone you can talk to is very important. :) 

Especially one that cares about you and is as kind to you as she is :D 

Thanks :3 Generally when is bedtime, the phone goes on the charger and I will attempt to lay down and sleep. if I cannot, I turn on my Calm app and listen to soothing music or a sleep story/asmr. If THAT fails, I use my sleep aid, but that is last resort because I always feel gross when I wake up after taking it, especially if I don't get a full 8 hours. The brain fog is unreal.

I will tell her you said so. I haven't been in office in MONTHS, plus she is currently, working from home because she is recovering from Covid (she's doing better but isn't allowed back to the office just yet)

our lovely maintenance man came by yesterday morning and fixed our bedroom door so I no longer have to have the baby gate up to keep the cats from pushing the door open and getting into things! It's really lovely.

My sleep schedule is all off now lol I slept really well...but I slept in the middle of the day and now I am awake and we work all weekend. It's a good thing I stocked up on coffee lol

Oh and my friend Ember bought me a game on Steam today that was on my wishlist (appropriately named "Lost Ember" lol) They were buying it for themselves and saw I had wishlisted it so they bought it for me as well! I'm gonna go start that here in a moment.

Edited by IzzyCat91
typos

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

It's very cloudy this morning but I'm hoping the sun will win out in the comoetition for sky space today. Those uncollected book boxes are outside as there's no space inside the shop right now.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

been.... frozen in place for.... years? and was stuck in the "shower

Mine, too. Can you guys come fix it, please? ;)

Hope the house sells easily!

You should bring a cookie with you everyday, so the day she shows up, you give her one

XD That might just work. Our 'freebie' right now is DVDs and books, but people always love food. 

I think the other thing I need to do is list the table on the open FB Marketplace rather than the closed Nassau version.

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

Mine, too. Can you guys come fix it, please? ;)

Hope the house sells easily!

sure! you paying for passports and airfare? XD 

i hope so too .... we have a sign out there now, and the listing should be up tonight or tomorrow :blink:

so i worked today 12 to 5, and i don't feel like doing any actual packing tonight, but i AM making a list somewhat in the order of rooms i want to pack things up in.  and maybe being able to cross things off won't make it feel as overwhelming as it is.  see, i'd ask hubby to help, but he'd be like an elephant trying to do highly-skilled surgery XD i'm also writing up notes to leave for when people come looking at the house.  the main note is to not let the cats outside.

hubby goes out to Pgh tomorrow afternoon to look at houses - there's some open houses on sunday (and of course i'm working! but he'll send vids), and he'll also do some driving around to see where things are in relation to everything else.

not sure if i'll get to stalking the biomes for the False-Headed Hydras, but we'll see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

sure! you paying for passports and airfare

Wait... you don't have a passport? :blink:

Good luck with the open house!

Another weird stressy shop day. I need a vacation.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Wait... you don't have a passport? :blink:

nope.

well, hubby's doing the open houses.

i don't think we'll need to do one for ours XD 

i need a vacation too.