Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

If you haven't worn them in awhile you might as well get rid of them now and save the trouble of moving them! :P You might wear them again, but how good are the chances?

Good point. I can go through them again, and see which ones still speak to me :)

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

This may be the nicest day here in over a week. The rain yesterday cooled things off and the humidity is much lower. Hope that holds for a day or two!

Enjoy! It's very hot and very humid here.

The dog and I went for our second morning stroll. We met a new security guard (I'm house sitting in a high end gated community) and found a house whose extensive very flat lawn is actually... plastic. :blink:

3 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

I quit my job.

Unfortunately I don't have my new one properly set up yet so got at least a weak off.

I did the same a couple years back. I ended up taking 6 months off and it was the best thing I could have done. I was burnt out. Rest and try to enjoy some time off if you can afford it. 

Here is the update on my kitchen renovation!

20220709_193849.thumb.jpg.583b35abb8c02d32ff36f00e121f77f0.jpg20220709_193837.thumb.jpg.6982a9d0e56e8dea22ff0f110858d87c.jpg20220709_193817.thumb.jpg.b88003d5f6809cf1598783cb74501679.jpg

We will be finishing the drywall today and then installing the base cabinets. The darker red spot on the wall is going to be the paint color once it is all completed.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Nice! I've visited a few times (mostly London), and live it over there. I even met a bunch of DC players! :D

neat! was there some kind of DC convention? 😆

it would be nice to befriend some local DC players (any New Jersey/NYC residents here?) to nerd out with over pixels and coffee. because the only person who knows about my little game is my boyfriend. 

10 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

neat! was there some kind of DC convention? 😆

I wish! I was staying with one person in Manchester and we joined up with a couple of others for lunch. I also spent a day in London with @sarahfish89 and her parents!

I've now met eight DC players in real life. ;) (If you're ever on a cruise ship that stops in Nassau, let me know, and we can meet downtown!)

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I've now met eight DC players in real life. ;) (If you're ever on a cruise ship that stops in Nassau, let me know, and we can meet downtown!)

no ships, please...I get the worst sea-sickness.  but I'll def keep this in mind when I can one day visit the Bahamas.  and likewise if you ever visit NYC :)

10 hours ago, mishhelle said:

it would be nice to befriend some local DC players (any New Jersey/NYC residents here?)

southeastern PA.... for now.  i'm near Philly.

10 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Here is the update on my kitchen renovation!

oh wow!

i can only like half-do things. XD 

in other news.... at 7:36, i go to stalk the biomes. of course.  i'm still looking for one more Hydra from each biome.  so: i worked until 2:30, had lunch, did some repairs around the house (nothing like Snow's at ALL), had dinner, and now i'm here.  stalking the cave.  very wordy description in the Jungle.  click on Volcano.  hang on, what was that description? go back to the Jungle, *click*  - PURPLE DINO!!

keep in mind, i do have 6 dinos.  three were from people on discord, one was from someone here on the forum, and the other two were from the market.  this was the first time i SAW one in the Cave and i GOT it!! :D :D (now i need a name XD - edit: got one! :D)

Edited by trystan

Congrats on the dino, @trystan! :)

10 hours ago, mishhelle said:

no ships, please...I get the worst sea-sickness.  but I'll def keep this in mind when I can one day visit the Bahamas.  and likewise if you ever visit NYC :)

Sounds good! (The meeting up, not the seasickness). ;)

I need to pack... when you've been house sitting for a month, you tend to accumulate stuff, plus I have the massive LEGO build of the future Thrift Shop. (President really liked it!). I will have to deconstruct most of it to get it home. alas.

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Congrats on the dino, @trystan! :)

thanks!

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I need to pack... when you've been house sitting for a month, you tend to accumulate stuff,

well, yes.  i have 14 years of stuff to go through! XD 

Hubby has been feeling bad for the last 3 or 4 days. Tests negative for Covid, but no appetite and no energy, spending most of his time in bed. He's worrying me. Hope to get him to call his doctor tomorrow.

I accomplished pretty much nothing today.

Have been trying to spend time hunting the biomes, but having my usual problem of missing the 5-minutes by a few seconds, which is no good for catching Hydras! Ugh!

44 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Have been trying to spend time hunting the biomes, but having my usual problem of missing the 5-minutes by a few seconds, which is no good for catching Hydras! Ugh!

i do the same thing... and i'm also looking for Hydras.  maybe tomorrow.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

well, yes.  i have 14 years of stuff to go through! XD 

That's a bit more than 30 days! ;)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hubby has been feeling bad for the last 3 or 4 days.

Hope he's okay soon.

Hydras are hard to catch. I finally caught the two eggs I needed to finish my pairs today.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That's a bit more than 30 days! ;)

yes.... yes it is! ;) 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hubby has been feeling bad for the last 3 or 4 days. Tests negative for Covid, but no appetite and no energy, spending most of his time in bed. He's worrying me. Hope to get him to call his doctor tomorrow.

hope he's feeling better soon!

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hydras are hard to catch. I finally caught the two eggs I needed to finish my pairs today.

yes they are! i haven't caught any after my initial 6 on release day.  i do still have some time tonight i can stalk, so.... maybe? 🤞

3 hours ago, trystan said:

southeastern PA.... for now.  i'm near Philly.

I always say I need to take a day trip out to Philly again..it’s only a little over an hour away from me 

35 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

I always say I need to take a day trip out to Philly again..it’s only a little over an hour away from me 

...i've sent you a PM

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Big puffy clouds but it's a holiday here so the only place I have to go is home once these people arrive. I have to start loading my car.

I wish I could say I could spend a good deal of time off from working but I don't think I can afford more than 2 weeks.

i have 2 potential places at the moment, one said i got a job but haven't contacted me since, the other i'm going to visit tomorrow to discuss things. The latter is part time, hopefully I can ask for higher pay then what I was getting at my last job.

so we were going to have a someone looking at our house today…. but they cancelled because they found another house. sigh.

but i’m nervous about people seeing the house when i’m not able to kinda be there for the big reason of the cats.

Spoiler

well, one of them. we have a very friendly one - Aemon - and he also tries to go outside. they’re all indoor cats, but some of them have gone outside on a harness, including Aemon. of course, they’d rather go outside and not be restrained. any time i come into the house, Aemon is right there by the door, wanting to try to escape.

yes, i have notes all over the house to not let the cats out. i have a note on the front door. it also says to knock loudly three time before coming in….. most of the time when people knock, the cats scatter. this is what i’m hoping. and yes, there are notes on the listing that only the realtors can see about not letting the cats out.

i want to be around when the people do see the house, but i’ll actually be outside, sitting in my car, watching the front door, making sure that Aemon won’t escape.

a related nervousness then is that hubby is the one that gets the notifications that a showing has been requested. we have the option to confirm or not the request…. and i do kinda want to be in the vicinity of the house for at least the first few showings. we set it up that i would be the one to get the notifications, because i have access to my phone pretty much all the time. hubby’s phone is always on silent, and he tends to ignore it when he’s working, especially when he’s in the office.

first world problems, yeah?
or i just worry too much.

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

first world problems, yeah?
or i just worry too much.

Definite first world, but you can never be too careful where your animals are concerned. Could you maybe take Aemon to hang out in the car with you?

When I was leaving Vancouver and selling my condo, I set off one day with the dog so the open house could happen, and passed someone from work whom I really disliked. Guess who bought my place? :rolleyes:

I too would worry about my cats. neither of them try to get outside, but I’m a worrier by nature. 

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my day.  it’s not too hot yet so I can go for a run. do I want to go to New Hope PA for lunch later? or do I want to have a Asbury Park beach day? 

i need to finish my laundry and put my bedding back on, and I should work on my professional Instagram but I hate that app so I don’t wanna. 

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Definite first world, but you can never be too careful where your animals are concerned. Could you maybe take Aemon to hang out in the car with you?

yep.

i've thought about bringing him with me out to the car, yeah.

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

When I was leaving Vancouver and selling my condo, I set off one day with the dog so the open house could happen, and passed someone from work whom I really disliked. Guess who bought my place? :rolleyes:

oh interesting.

we might end up needing to have an open house.  wonder what Aemon will think about that?

6 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

but I’m a worrier by nature. 

yep.  me to a t.

Good luck with all the house showings, @trystan. Hope you get a buyer quickly so you don't have to deal with it for too long.

Had a lovely walk with my friends this morning. The weather was perfect! And it is the first time in quite awhile that we were all four able to walk together. Next week we will celebrate one friend's birthday, so that will be fun and will be all of us again. Not sure what the plan is, yet, but we will have fun no matter what!

Just now, purplehaze said:

Good luck with all the house showings, @trystan. Hope you get a buyer quickly so you don't have to deal with it for too long.

oh me too! thanks!

1 hour ago, mishhelle said:

do I want to go to New Hope PA for lunch later? or do I want to have a Asbury Park beach day? 

Both? ;)

Laundry done. Pretty much everything's packed. I'll load the non-perishables in a few minutes, then leave the rest till the plane lands.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Had a lovely walk with my friends this morning. The weather was perfect!

Nice! :)

1 hour ago, trystan said:

oh me too! thanks!

Me, three! Hope just the right buyer appears!

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Me, three! Hope just the right buyer appears!

that would be perfect! thanks!