Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Shame on her!

Eight boxes of books for $100? Sounds like a deal to me.

34 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Like a really good deal to me, considering I am installing bookshelves soon.

Table lady never showed up? Maybe she had a power nap? :P 

She's now coming tomorrow. I'll believe that when I see her. :P

And yeah, our book prices are ridiculously low (2 paperbacks for $1; standard hardcover for $1; coffeetable books $2 - $10), but we have sooo many! We are now the only place on the island that accepts book donations.

@Lagie I want books. lol

So... The Kris piggie gained some weight! (20+grams, so excited!)

In other news, my friend Theify_Lives, the one that showed up once, they're in the hospital. Fell this afternoon, couldn't move very well, but conscious and so on. Now... They can't pee? I think? It's so strange. Not a stroke or seizure, but I'm hoping they'll find out what's going on tomorrow. I'll be here with Pippin cat worried. lol. 

(I hate that I complain so much on this thread, but... like... where else can I go? You guys are a great community and never tell me to shush. lol. 

Thanks for that!  ❤️❤️❤️ )

Any time! *hugs*

I hope your friend is better soon.

Wish I could send some books! (Come and visit. ;) )

59 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@Lagie I want books. lol

In other news, my friend Theify_Lives, the one that showed up once, they're in the hospital. Fell this afternoon, couldn't move very well, but conscious and so on. Now... They can't pee? I think? It's so strange. Not a stroke or seizure, but I'm hoping they'll find out what's going on tomorrow. I'll be here with Pippin cat worried. lol. 

(I hate that I complain so much on this thread, but... like... where else can I go? You guys are a great community and never tell me to shush. lol. 

Yay Kris got bigger and cuter! ❤️❤️ (of course was cute before too!) ❤️

Theify.. I'll be sure to keep them in mind when I pray tonight. 

Whatever it may be, it will come to pass. ❤️❤️❤️ 

Also, I don't mind hearing about your day.

Can always chat to us all here about anything *hugs* ❤️ 

If only I could Lagie! lol

Thanks guys! ❤️ Makes me happy that I found this place. 

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

you're welcome to complain here.... i've done it a time or two. {{hugs}}

hola!

just popping in. gonna play some tiny tina's with friends soon

@trystan btw, started inscryption, watched my bf play some too. haven't gotten far yet, but having fun.

24 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

@trystan btw, started inscryption, watched my bf play some too. haven't gotten far yet, but having fun.

totally have no idea what inscryption is.... other than the obvious :) 

edit: i got my last CB nebula! (for now....)  and i got a CB Elux Lucis, too.  :) 

Edited by trystan

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny so far. My shop yard needs to dry out.

Morning!

It's Camp NaNoWriMo time, which means I'm spending far more time churning out my daily word count than hanging out here, but I figured I'd stop by and say hi. I'm trying desperately to get a cushion of chapters back for my current WIP fanfic, so that I can go back to a "post weekly" schedule, as opposed to the "post whenever I actually finish a chapter" schedule. Unfortunately, I'm at an angsty part of the story which is giving me fits. Ah well, I'll figure something out.

2 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Camp NaNoWriMo time,

Enjoy! Hope the writing goes well.

2 hours ago, catstaff said:

Camp NaNoWriMo

yaay! you can do it!

are you a planner, pantser, or plantser (like me?)

and TJ has adults! i love 'em! :D

21 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Seeing family and swimming sounds fun, but after cleaning the bathroom I think a nap is in order. :) 

Take it easy for Wednesday/Thursday and be sure to rest, those sound like busy days and you don't want to overwork yourself.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuseday,

I'm off to go take a mandatory test for a learner's permit. 

May everything go well for everyone today ❤️ 

It was a nice visit and a good nap (this computer chair is my guaranteed nap spot apparently lol)
I will do my best to relax tomorrow, but today is all the things before bed.

Tuesday work wasn't bad, just humid and boring. We have been told we are picking up mandatory overtime starting the 18th (is one extra 12 hour shift on our short weekends so not too bad) and we have anew employee. She seems lovely thus far.

14 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@Lagie I want books. lol

Yay Kris

Oh No Theify! Best of wishes there

And is not complaining, is venting, and that's what friends are for, to vent to and get support from. We got you love!

*chugs Moster Coffee* alright, time to hunt for scaled eggies while I wait for the maintenance man to arrive to fix my door and recalibrate the a.c again (is still too hot in the bedroom)

I'm doing Camp too! I've only given myself 10,000 words though, since that sounds manageable at this time. lol

My friend is coming home! Soon... Eventually. One day. lol (They are, but the hospital is very busy.)

Edited by AsymDoll13
Typo-spelling

29 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I'm doing Camp too! I've only given myself 10,000 words though, since that sounds manageable at this time. lol

yaay! manageable is good.

i don't do camp, i just do NaNo in november.  although i haven't gotten back to actually doing some of the research i want to do for this november.  they're factual things, but my actual writing style ends up being more of a plantser - i plan the BIG things, pants my way through the story XD

31 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

My friend is coming home! Soon... Eventually. One day. lol (They are, but the hospital is very busy.)

oh yaay! hope the hospital gets its act in gear and your friend is home sooner than later! :D

Maintenance man just messaged me saying he was going to be late by at least an hour, maybe more....we haven't slept yet after our 12 hour shift. I rescheduled him for tomorrow lol had I known sooner, i wouldn't have chugged to coffee. *glances at nearly empty can* oh well. I have therapy at 3 anyway lol.

Friend is home! And resting. I'm so glad. 

@trystan I'm not a planner at all. Ever. I'm terrible at planning. lol

@IzzyCat91 Get some rest at some point. ❤️ 

yaay!

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

tee hee.  being a pantser is fun too! XD

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Yay! :)

Exhausting shop day.

I had a good swim this evening.

I'm so tired, ya'll. Just so tired. lol. 

I should have napped earlier, but alas, now it's 8:12 pm. lol

Can you head to bed early?

22 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

hola!

just popping in. gonna play some tiny tina's with friends soon

Have no idea what either of those are, but they sound fun :) 

13 hours ago, catstaff said:

Morning!

It's Camp NaNoWriMo time, which means I'm spending far more time churning out my daily word count than hanging out here, but I figured I'd stop by and say hi. I'm trying desperately to get a cushion of chapters back for my current WIP fanfic, so that I can go back to a "post weekly" schedule, as opposed to the "post whenever I actually finish a chapter" schedule. Unfortunately, I'm at an angsty part of the story which is giving me fits. Ah well, I'll figure something out.

What I usually do when a story is getting me upset or angsty is to play a game or a few good music tracks after reading it.

Remember, the author wrote it and sometimes we cannot do anything about that. But that's what fan fictions are for :D 

10 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

It was a nice visit and a good nap (this computer chair is my guaranteed nap spot apparently lol)
I will do my best to relax tomorrow, but today is all the things before bed.

Tuesday work wasn't bad, just humid and boring. We have been told we are picking up mandatory overtime starting the 18th (is one extra 12 hour shift on our short weekends so not too bad) and we have anew employee. She seems lovely thus far.

That's good to hear! ❤️

A new employee? Ah someone needs to toughen her up XD

10 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I've always loved camp ❤️ Not doing it this year, have a summer job this year ^^

I hope your friend visits soon, hospitals tend to be busy :( 

9 hours ago, trystan said:

yaay! manageable is good.

i don't do camp, i just do NaNo in november.  although i haven't gotten back to actually doing some of the research i want to do for this november.  they're factual things, but my actual writing style ends up being more of a plantser - i plan the BIG things, pants my way through the story XD

oh yaay! hope the hospital gets its act in gear and your friend is home sooner than later! :D

Always better to take it easy sometimes. If not summer, camping in autumn is just as good! :D 

I am hoping for the same hehe :D 

9 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Maintenance man just messaged me saying he was going to be late by at least an hour, maybe more....we haven't slept yet after our 12 hour shift. I rescheduled him for tomorrow lol had I known sooner, i wouldn't have chugged to coffee. *glances at nearly empty can* oh well. I have therapy at 3 anyway lol.

I think ginger or banana tea is in order when you get home, it helps with getting good quality sleep ❤️ 

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Happy with you ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yay! :)

Exhausting shop day.

I had a good swim this evening.

Hope the swim got the exhaustion out. :) 

@AsymDoll13 Try banana tea ❤️

It has nutrients that help get a better quality sleep

*lays out some homemade cookies for everyone* ❤️ 

Heading out to get my mom, she lands from traveling at midnight.

I'm going to need max effort up to stay awake XD 

Edited by LadyAngeliki

today's thing to worry about is the final part of our plan, which is bringing the cats out to Pgh.  I'm good with the cargo van part, and putting everyone in carriers in the van, and I'm really hoping the cats settle down and take their famous catnaps during the drive.  

but there's two things -

Spoiler

the vet suggested larger carriers, almost like small crates, so they can hold a litter box and maybe some food and water too? and if we double up the cats, they'll have company, and we could do that, except for three of them, who would have to have a carrier of their own.  but we can't get all those crates, and what do we do with the crates out in Pgh? so the cats will have their small carriers and pee pads.  *sigh*

the other thing is, what happens when hubby needs to stop at a rest stop for his restroom? leave the van running and run in.  that seems.... well, i don't know, and i don't like it. i know i worry too much.

and we're going to need to unload the truck asap, and get the cats asap, so i can't go back with him to pick up the cats.

this is where I'm at today, but it's more of a "we'll figure that out when we get there" thing.

2 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

What I usually do when a story is getting me upset or angsty is to play a game or a few good music tracks after reading it.

Remember, the author wrote it and sometimes we cannot do anything about that. But that's what fan fictions are for :D 

No, this angsty bit is all on me, lol. I'm writing RPF these days; my WIP is my Camp NaNoWriMo project, and as there's little to be found about the family of one of my MCs, I made his father a semi-abusive alcoholic early on in the fic, to give him a reason to move out very suddenly. It's now some six years later, the father is in failing health, and the mother asked him to come for a visit and try to reconcile with his father. He was kind of torn on doing so, but decided to do it for his mother's sake. It actually ended up kind of anticlimactic - he's the success his father always said he'd never be, while his father is now disabled and in failing health... all the hate he thought he had for the old man just kind of drained away leaving only the vague pity one might feel for a stranger.

@trystanI'm either a pantser or a plantser, depending on exactly what I'm working on.

I'm plantsing my current WIP, as it's actually a spinoff of a fic I wrote last year; two of the lesser characters informed me that they were a couple and had been for a long time, and a few of my regular reviewers said they'd love to see how those two got together. And then a few other comments along the lines of, "Oh, hey, I'd love to see thus-and-such scene from lesser character 1's POV," so I decided why not go ahead and do their story? But since I've essentially already written a fair chunk of the later portion of their story, I actually do have a specific place for it to go, and since it's RPF, there are certain major events that also have to happen.

Yeah, it's an AU/AR, but I'm also trying to keep to "canon" in ways that make sense for the fic. Like, in RL, the MMCs both have wives and kids... so in the fic, the MMCs are a couple, but they'll marry with the understanding that it's only for the sake of having kids and while they'll stay discreet, they're not ending their relationship just because they're marrying. The ladies will each have their own reasons for finding this acceptable, and if it helps the guys stay in the closet, well, that's a bonus. The ladies aren't too worried that the guys will be stupid, because they've managed to keep their relationship a secret for years at this point.

12 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@IzzyCat91 Get some rest at some point. ❤️ 

3 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

I think ginger or banana tea is in order when you get home, it helps with getting good quality sleep ❤️ 

Thank you both, I did get 8 hours of good quality sleep and post sleep snuggles after. Took an hour nap before my therapy video visit, therapy went well, and I immediately went to sleep right after so around 4:15. I just woke up round midnight (I slept HARD lol) probably would have slept longer if I hadn't had to pee, but bladder said is time for up, so I am awake lol. Gonna play some ARK Survival with Ben and friends and then finish laundry and dishes.