Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

hmm.... i might get the Hydras i can't find in the Cave from the Market...... 

5 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I swear the older I get, the colder my hands stay. 

My bestie did some research recently. Apparently, our extremities get colder the older we get in order to keep our cores warm so if anything happens to us, our chances of survival are better (theories suggest for womb bearers it's also a way to keep any life inside of the womb alive longer as well) IDK how much of that is correct, but I thought it was neat.

4 hours ago, trystan said:

hmm.... i might get the Hydras i can't find in the Cave from the Market...... 

That's what I ended up doing lol I now have 1 of each and will buy partners for them later.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Home. Nice sunny day, and thanks to yesterday's holiday I have today off... and a bunch of errands to run so I don't get to sit around building LEGO. :P

OMG I just bought a game named Beat Hazard on Steam and my mind is blown! It's like old school Asteroid but it changes based on the music you choose AND YOU CAN UPLOAD YOUR OWN PLAYLISTS! It changes the game based on the song so faster songs are faster paced and things like heavy metal or dubstep are very enemy heavy (or so I am guessing, I haven't played too much of it yet) but I can play my own music and jam out while I blow things up! I am in love!

(I am terrible at explaining, but if you're interested, I highly suggest looking it up)

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

That's what I ended up doing lol I now have 1 of each and will buy partners for them later.

i need one more from the Alpine, Coast, Desert, and Forest.  i'll see how it goes in the next few days, and decide then. :D

actually doing work today! :blink:

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

but I can play my own music and jam out while I blow things up! I am in love!

That sounds very cool! Have fun.

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

actually doing work today! :blink:

XD

I did 90% of my errand list in a little over two hours (which for here, with our traffic, is impressive), and am now chilling with tea and a book. I go out to meet a new dog this afternoon, then other new critters (I forgot to ask what she has...) this evening.

Kitchen update: the new cabinets are partially installed and leveled. The electrician is coming today to run a new circuit for the dishwasher and adding an extra electrical outlet.

20220711_220649.thumb.jpg.e16464d05ce54c089a95b70565bd4702.jpg20220711_220521.thumb.jpg.705025fbd49b985935cdd4ee85fe0e84.jpg20220711_220441.thumb.jpg.391f74f66d381e4c4dd7073041b49e69.jpg

Edited by BringsTheSnow

2 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Kitchen update: the

Very nice!

First dog meeting down (Sheba's cautious; I'll go back next week for a follow-up just before the actual house sit); one more to go.

2 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Kitchen update

Progress is being made! Nice.

@Lagie Cautious is not necessarily a bad thing, is it? Hope your second critter-meeting goes well.

Cautious is a good thing, so long as I can get in the house when the owner's not there! ;)

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Cautious is a good thing, so long as I can get in the house when the owner's not there! ;)

Ah, yes, there is that. :o

Cheese. ;) Works on almost every dog.

58 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Too accurate XD

Hope the meeting gose well! I'd suggest bringing a few toys too, to be safe. A ball always works ❤️

The evening meeting (for a house sit that starts tomorrow!) wwnt very smoothly. Two dogs, two cats. Both dogs are the mushy 'rub my tummy' sort, one cat's a bit inquisitive, the other I probably won't see much of as she's newish to them and skittish. Nice pool. Lovely house. I look forward to my nine nights there (will bring some of the new LEGO with me ;) ).

Tomorrow I take Kris to the vet for his weight going down. Over the last week, or little over a week, I've been documenting his weight. It's not that bad, but it's not... great? Like... Yeah. lol

so i'm trying to watch the vids hubby has taken of the houses.  and go through my mail.  but he's texting too.  i have like 3 vids still to watch. yeesh.

i might be scarce at night, since i do some packing, and then i fall asleep watching stranger things.  no tv for me tonight.  and it's almost midnight, and i still have a ton of mail too.

*sigh*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny! I need to load some stuff in my car this morning so there'll be less to carry around this afternoon (fridge stuff and perishables can stay home for the day; I'll pick them up this afternoon on my way to the new place).

11 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Tomorrow I take Kris to the vet for his weight going down.

Hope it goes well!

8 hours ago, trystan said:

might be scarce at night

Good luck with it all! Remember to rest if you can.

17 hours ago, Lagie said:

My vet asked if it was okay to give our dog cheeze whiz. She then squirted it on the cabinet door and stuck the thermometer up his butt while he was licking it off. 🤣

Guys!!! I just traded for 3 of the 4 NR Hydra eggs I was missing! I offered CB's of NR Pygmy, Blue Zyu, Nebula, and Summer Seasonal. I might buy the last egg from the market if I can't catch it soon.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Good luck with it all! Remember to rest if you can.

thanks! and yes. :D i don't work on it too too long each day thought, so i don't get over-stressed.

we have someone coming to look at the house this afternoon.  and i have a plan with Aemon, our little runner. i wonder if i'll have enough time to do the boxes though..... i can do a spot check, at least. ;)

(i'm still nervous about him.)

3 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Guys!!! I just traded for 3 of the 4 NR Hydra eggs I was missing!

woo!

i traded for one, and found two more in their biomes.

we'll see how the other three go....

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Bright and sunny!

Same here. And hot and humid!

My vet asked if it was okay to give our dog cheeze whiz. She then squirted it on the cabinet door and stuck the thermometer up his butt while he was licking it off. 🤣

Whatever works, right? XD

Guys!!! I just traded for 3 of the 4 NR Hydra eggs I was missing!

Congrats! I just got gifted one. I had bred a holiday kin for someone and they insisted on paying for it, even though I didn't ask for anything.

Hubby is still not feeling well. I have an appointment for him with our primary care doc tomorrow. That was the soonest I could get.

Kris had a parasite panel thing. We're waiting for results, plus he was dewormed just in case. 

We could have gotten an x-ray, full blood work and so on, but it would've been like 650+ dollars, which is... a lot. We'll be keeping a good eye on him. ^^

17 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

We could have gotten an x-ray, full blood work and so on, but it would've been like 650+ dollars, which is... a lot.

Yikes! Hopefully he will not need all that!

I certainly hope not, but I'm still worried. When he got home, he ate some hay, as well as his snack and dinner, so he seems happy enough. At the vet office, which is a wonderful exotic vet that specializes in bunnies, he had some cilantro. 

We saw some chickens, a couple of cats, some bunnies (2 or 3 of which belong to the vet I think), a couple of puppies and an African Green Parrot. ^^ Pretty cool place. One time we saw goats, and yet another time we heard a monkey. Very cool place, and the vet reminds me of Steve Erwin.