Shadowdrake

Anti-Zombie Strategies

35 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

218 rounds later...

image.thumb.png.723020d9e5a9c423ef3b89597bdd511d.png

Still sustaining!

Nice!!!

My GoN and my sacrificial Vampire are doing the heavy lifting so far... but the strategy is playing out well at the lowest level, at least!  I don't think I'll change it -- it's good that the range of the 3 Ices overlaps.  They started out simultaneous, but quickly ended up dealing staggered attacks.

My inner perfectionist just won't allow me to place towers asymmetrically. Does anyone else have this problem? 😹

27 minutes ago, Tiira said:

My inner perfectionist just won't allow me to place towers asymmetrically. Does anyone else have this problem? 😹

YES.  Yes.

Next round, the moment of truth...

Screenshot_20221027_134715.jpg

Edited by Kelkelen

1 hour ago, Luckystarz103 said:

Screenshot_20221027-231020_Chrome.thumb.jpg.da4d4523ebcfce1be06922f8e0709a3c.jpgScreenshot_20221027-232231_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c6060461ecc92775ddb56688df52a65a.jpg

that is certainly... a round... or two

oh my!  That first round -- quite the victory!

My sacrificial Vampire lasted through Round 35.  R.I.P., little buddy!  Now, to see if the line holds...

Has anyone else noticed since yesterday, the Guardian of Nature appears every five to eight rounds (I haven’t worked out the exact number) instead of every 10 rounds?

Maybe the frequency of their appearance depends on how many trios we have? I am happy to see GoN more frequently on my battlefield. We need all the help we can get against the zombie onslaught. :ph34r:

Examples: 

GoN appeared round 150, disappeared round 160, reappeared round 164, disappeared round 174, reappeared round 181, disappeared round 191.

Update on current battle: lost my first minion, a Magma, on round 109. It was the one on the far right, in the corner. The second minion I lost was the one on the far left, also a Magma. That leaves the endpoints in a precarious position.

Currently on Round 238. I've lost the two Magmas on either end. Everyone else is holding firm:

NX6FtMK.jpg

ETA: Hey, folks! Has anyone using Aeons noticed your dragons attacking first, before the zombies? (other than your Vampires.) The Aeon skill is supposed to "allow your dragons to attack before zombies" but maybe during the battle it doesn't specifically give flavor text? I'm trying to solve the Aeon mystery.

Edited by missy_

3 hours ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

image.png.700f89a7d3b9bd1d16c8dacd5e5e4e9c.png

Going well so far. Only lost the green that was in front of my ice.

Still going well a few hours later
image.png.9e62ccf19a8e28ac4a88ca688215c874.png
image.png.cee6a1d9b229ca42844c00990cb383e0.png

Soph coming in cluuutch!

image.thumb.png.0409f56dec3102a03ee0b1c85fce7c40.png

And so it begins (again)...

I did make it somewhat past round 200 with my previous layout, but I lost two Magmas along the way so I decided to start over with this layout. I'm excited to see how far I get this time. I noticed that a GoN was summoned more often than I remember, I thought they were a more rare occurrence.

It was a valiant effort, but the wall was breached in Round 206, though the dragons held out steadfastly until round 233.

Screenshot_20221028_071706.jpg

Assessment of the last setup (which lasted 27 rounds fewer than the one before it):

* I really liked how the Ice dragons worked to slow the oncoming horde -- their range is incredible! 

* I liked how the Purples enabled faster healing Whites and more Thunder bolts.  Those 3 plus Ice worked together so well. 

* On the other hand, I *really* felt the lack of the Sophrosyne in the periods between GoN appearances.  After Round 100, the hordes are so formidable! 

* Also, compared to the previous setup, which included Magmas and Vines, the Green-Ice-Green-Ice-Green-Ice-Green front line wasn't capable of dealing enough damage. 

* And 1 or 2 Thunders for ranged damage are *great*, but their random targeting means that they don't necessarily get rid of the closest, most threatening zombies first.  So!

New Setup!:

* Only 2 Ice dragons -- their ample range means they'll still have the whole front line covered.

* 3 Magmas in front -- so that they'll deal damage at one square further away than Greens or Vines.  Also, their ranges overlap to cover the defense-only Ice dragons. 

* Fewer Whites -- AAAAH I'm scared about this choice!  Hopefully, the Purples will keep them healing, and the Magmas will keep the zombies off their own backs.

* Purples, strategically placed to boost everyone else: Whites, Thunders, Ices, and Magmas.

* Sophrosyne to do the heavy lifting when the going gets tough after round 99. 

* Two Thunders for battlefield attrition, especially when the zombies start to crowd in thick and fast.

* I'm concerned about those outer Magma flanks being the weak points, having no Purple to refresh them... we'll see if they can hold their own.

* And I had 1 point left over, so I placed 1 Vine on the Sophrosyne side, knowing the Sophrosyne would be targeted.  It's the one spot where a broken front line would give way to a Magma, so... here's hoping! 

First Setup:

Screenshot_20221026_110506.jpg

Second Setup:

Screenshot_20221027-112254_Firefox.jpg

Third (current) Setup:

Screenshot_20221028_075141.jpg

Edited by Kelkelen

Who needs legendary trios when you have a pumped up sophrosyne?

Screenshot_20221028-014714.thumb.png.2ca06f08e2f5ec3e773853348b9ab637.png

What's better than healing quickly? Not needing to heal at all. 😏

20 hours ago, 0x08 said:

218 rounds later...

image.thumb.png.723020d9e5a9c423ef3b89597bdd511d.png

Still sustaining!

I'm approaching round 470 or so and unfortunately the Ice, White, Magma and Green dragon to the right have all perished. :( I then realized that I messed up the second row...

I'm on Round 352, but they've pierced the wall. Think I'll go ahead and build another strategy rather than wait for the inevitable. 👻

(Screenshot underneath spoiler.)

ZIXR2nY.jpg

Here is my next attempt. I'm borrowing various elements from some of your battles:

eKTDKRV.jpg

`

Edited by missy_

2 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I'm approaching round 470 or so and unfortunately the Ice, White, Magma and Green dragon to the right have all perished. :( I then realized that I messed up the second row...

470 is amazing, though!!  I've never made it that high!  * applauds *

6 hours ago, 0x08 said:

image.png.ca1aa27eccfcf3e1a867dcf0b62b4604.png
Nearly 550 now! Imagine if I had set up my second row correctly...

3 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

470 is amazing, though!!  I've never made it that high!  * applauds *

*bows*

14 hours ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

Still going well a few hours later
image.png.9e62ccf19a8e28ac4a88ca688215c874.png
image.png.cee6a1d9b229ca42844c00990cb383e0.png

Soph coming in cluuutch!

Update!

image.png.8246034f644099502c6506539566083d.png

Broke the 300, but I have lost my ice and two more greens. Without the ice not sure how much longer I'll last.

16 hours ago, Rhikasa said:

image.thumb.png.0409f56dec3102a03ee0b1c85fce7c40.png

And so it begins (again)...

I did make it somewhat past round 200 with my previous layout, but I lost two Magmas along the way so I decided to start over with this layout. I'm excited to see how far I get this time. I noticed that a GoN was summoned more often than I remember, I thought they were a more rare occurrence.

Welp, turns out I’ve lost three of my dragons overnight before even reaching round 200 this time, so it appears I must rethink my strategy. It might have been the lack of purple dragons.

Oop a corner vine and a white got chomped, we'll see how long they last without them though since last time mine still survived well even with a direct path to the soph.

Looking through logs, it seems the only way the dark greens can die is if three zombies chomp them simultaneously before the whites activate, else the whites hold up tremendously.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Round 143 and holding strong -- thanks to the GoN, I don't think the Sophrosyne has needed to activate, yet.  However, I need to beat my personal best of 260, and I'm hoping to break 300!  Keep doing what you're doing, little tower draggies!

Screenshot_20221028_194822.jpg

ETA: the Sophrosyne just did her thing!  And with perfect timing, the GoN was summoned again, the next round.

Screenshot_20221028_222951.jpg

Edited by Kelkelen