TJ09

2019-10-25 - Halloween Event

i would guess that every shallow gives xp, if it survives. as far as I know, zombies can attack either horizontal or vertical. whites heal only every second round, so if you have 3 whites covering a dragon, your dragon heals 3 hp every 2 round, whereas the zombies attack with 4 hp every 2 rounds so you lose 1 hp every 2 rounds average.

The Aeon doesn't seem to be doing anything. Does it need to be adjacent to the dragons you want to move first in a round? There's no way to check the list of known dragons and their abiltiies mid battle (or is there?)

4 minutes ago, Tagchen7 said:

i would guess that every shallow gives xp, if it survives. as far as I know, zombies can attack either horizontal or vertical. whites heal only every second round, so if you have 3 whites covering a dragon, your dragon heals 3 hp every 2 round, whereas the zombies attack with 4 hp every 2 rounds so you lose 1 hp every 2 rounds average.

No, because a white dragon heals ALL injured dragons adjacent to it, not just one. In a line formation, 7 whites can heal up to 19HP total every two rounds (because the two endcaps can only reach two targets). With purples behind them, that should effectively double to 19HP *every* round.

Edited by tjekan

you can check the list of abilities by opening a new tab, reset the run, but dont place dragons.

you can see the list then, and if you close the tab before starting another round (Or placing dragons) you will continue your original round in the first tab

19 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Can zombies only attack straight ahead? I'd been assuming they could also attack diagonally, thus a single dragon in a line formation could be attacked by up to three zombies at once--but since the round recap doesn't show WHICH of your dragons is being injured this time, it's impossible to really tell.

I'm pretty sure from what I've seen in my own reports that zombies can attack diagonally as well as horizontally, although I don't have proof. I suspect that they attack forwards if possible, second choice is diagonally ahead, third choice... probably to the side. And then diagonally backwards, if that's an option at all. However, this is mere conjecture on my part.

Anyway, as long as you have a complete line of dragons in your defense, damage seems to be distributed quite evenly.

24 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I think they must be able to attack diagonally, because my line of greens backed by whites did eventually break around round 180 or so. The zombies were doing 2HP apiece, and greens have 8 HP, so if each green could only take a maximum of 2HP a round, the whites could have healed it. If they could team up and do a maximum of 6HP a round to the same green, they could eventually get the timing right and taken one down (which is what appears to have happened.)

I don't think that's what happened. But... Let's go through one line of this.

1. Your green gets attacked (2 damage) and uses EQ to retaliate, killing the zombie. 2 of the three Whites behind it heal the damage. HP = 8
  2. Your green gets attacked (2 damage) by the zombie next in line. It can't use EQ again just yet, so it just takes the damage. Two of the Whites behind it are on cooldown, but the third can heal one HP damage. HP = 7
  3. Like 1. HP is still 7.
  4. Like 2. HP goes down to 6. (And so on.)

It's even worse for the Greens on the borders, which only have 2 Whites covering them - they'll break down twice as fast. (Minus 2 HP every other round.) So, in the end, your line of defense started failing from the edges - and once those were gone, things must have deteriorated rather quickly.

Yeah, but the white in that scenario heals ALL THREE of the greens it's adjacent to, at the same time. The total damage healed every round is thus much higher than you posit.

Most of these things I'm primarily guessing about, but I've personally seen one white dragon heal multiple other dragons in the same round, so I know for a fact that one is true.

image.thumb.png.43f5d39407e177eb98ce33b3c254a8ab.png

Going nice so far. I'll go to bed soon so I'll see in the morning what the results are lol.

true, but that doesnt matter, every single dragon looses 1 hp every 2 round with all avaible whites healing to the best of their ability. whites heal once every 2 rounds, not once ervery 2 rounds per dragon.

Just wanted to say, I'm surprised by how much I like this event. Normally I'm not interested in tower defense stuff, but for this, I actually look forward to setting up my defenses and seeing how things play out. (Well, I pretty much always get antsy because I want to try a new strategy before my tower actually falls, but that's not really a bad thing.) It's fun!

8 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Yeah, but the white in that scenario heals ALL THREE of the greens it's adjacent to, at the same time. The total damage healed every round is thus much higher than you posit.

Most of these things I'm primarily guessing about, but I've personally seen one white dragon heal multiple other dragons in the same round, so I know for a fact that one is true.

Yes - but each of your dragons only gets healed 3 points maximum in two rounds - but can take up to 4 damage in the same time. No matter how you spin it. As soon as the same dragon gets attacked 8 times in a row, you're done. Which is why I chose reds instead of pebbles - they have some reach, making sure they only take damage every other round. ;) This way, should be able to hold them off the zombie apocalypse as long as the zombies don't deal 3 damage. Once they start doing that, I'm doomed pretty much instantly.

Of course, you can always add purples to the mix to speed up the healing process. Three purples in an L-shape should do the trick, as they'd reduce each other's cooldowns as well. Only thing is you'll probably need two of these formations. Something like this:

image.png.c98b91b9d91de65de8317ad6d31bfb7a.png

(T is Tower, P is Purple Dragon, W is White Dragon, R is Red Dragon, and the green stuff is the swamp where Zombies come to life. I used the black just for the border so I don't go over the line when planning, so it has no real meaning.

Edited by olympe

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

Your green gets attacked (2 damage) and uses EQ to retaliate, killing the zombie. 2 of the three Whites behind it heal the damage. HP = 8

1. Your green gets attacked (2 damage) by the zombie next in line. It can't use EQ again just yet, so it just takes the damage. Two of the Whites behind it are on cooldown, but the third can heal one HP damage. HP = 7
  2. Like 1. HP is still 7.
  3. Like 2. HP goes down to 6. (And so on.)

It's even worse for the Greens on the borders, which only have 2 Whites covering them - they'll break down twice as fast. (Minus 2 HP every other round.) So, in the end, your line of defense started failing from the edges - and once those were gone, things must have deteriorated rather quickly.

Yeah, but 1) if the greens or reds kill all the enemy zombies who attacked them, they can't immediately attack again next round. I think they have to get new zombies into position before they can attack, don't they? 2) The green standing next to the targeted one can still use EQ the following round, taking out two of its attackers. 3) The green or red on the border can only be reached by two healers, but also by only two attackers, so it still comes out about the same, right? I think my line eventually broke in the middle (too bad we can't go back and check though.)

I have a strategy idea which might let you last forever. it requires 31 spots, reds and purples.

place a row of reds, and place 4 purples each in a square so that every red has a purple diagonally. that way, the reds can shoot every round, and as long as the zombies don't move more than 1 tile per round and have no ranged attacks and stay at 1 hp you'll always win. at the very least, you're going to hit over hundred, since I got there with a different strategy and the requirements were still fullfilled.

6 minutes ago, olympe said:

Yes - but each of your dragons only gets healed 3 points maximum in two rounds - but can take up to 4 damage in the same time.

Only if you don't kill any of them though. If you kill any of the zombies their team can't do 4 HP to yours in two rounds, because new zombies have to move to the front row to be able to strike your guys.

Edited by tjekan

sure, but at some point the whole field is full with zombies, once 4 rise at the same time, it happens that they are in the same lane, so no respite even if you beat them.

zombies attack first after all.

Do they get to move AND attack the same round, though? Again, it's not at all clear from the round recaps, but I'm not thinking so. In the early rounds they only seem to move towards you, not do damage yet.

13 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Yeah, but 1) if the greens or reds kill all the enemy zombies who attacked them, they can't immediately attack again next round. I think they have to get new zombies into position before they can attack, don't they? 2) The green standing next to the targeted one can still use EQ the following round, taking out two of its attackers. 3) The green or red on the border can only be reached by two healers, but also by only two attackers, so it still comes out about the same, right? I think my line eventually broke in the middle (too bad we can't go back and check though.)

1) While the zombies will have to move forward before attacking, they can do both in one turn. Move first, attack second. Your counterattack is usually in 3rd place. And since Greens can only attack those no more than 1 tile in front of them, they can't cut through the attackers to give themselves a breather.

2) Maybe, maybe not. It depends. It's quite possible that all your greens save for one get triggered with a full attack line of zombies. Let's number them, from left to right. Assume there's a full line of greens facing off against a full line of zombies. (G is for green, Z for Zombie)

G1 destroys Z1 and Z2. G2 gets triggered because of Z3 and kills that one. G3 gets triggered to kill Z4, and so on - until G7 kills Z8. While, in theory, each Green could take out 2-3 zombies (2 for the border guards, 3 for all others), this doesn't always work in reality. Anyway, if this kind of thing happens - and I've had it happen with a smaller set-up - then you have 6 out of 7 on CD and definitely getting damage the next two rounds (resting plus the next round, where the zombies attack before your dragons).

ETA for clarification: I'm pretty sure I've seen them move forwards and attack at the same time when I was paying attention to those details. But zombies can only move forward by one tile. But they can turn up (come out of the swamp) in any given swamp tile starting with your 2nd round, which makes things a bit more complicated.

Edited by olympe

they do, the order is your dragons move, zombie moves, zombie attacks --- again your dragons, zombie. every zombie that gets close gets at least 1 hit in.

they need to be next to your dragon to do damage though, so in the first rounds they are still to far away to deal any. once they are next to your dragon they deal damage.

1 minute ago, olympe said:

1) While the zombies will have to move forward before attacking, they can do both in one turn. Move first, attack second. Your counterattack is usually in 3rd place. And since Greens can only attack those no more than 1 tile in front of them, they can't cut through the attackers to give themselves a breather.

2) Maybe, maybe not. It depends. It's quite possible that all your greens save for one get triggered with a full attack line of zombies. Let's number them, from left to right. Assume there's a full line of greens facing off against a full line of zombies. (G is for green, Z for Zombie)

G1 destroys Z1 and Z2. G2 gets triggered because of Z3 and kills that one. G3 gets triggered to kill Z4, and so on - until G7 kills Z8. While, in theory, each Green could take out 2-3 zombies (2 for the border guards, 3 for all others), this doesn't always work in reality. Anyway, if this kind of thing happens - and I've had it happen with a smaller set-up - then you have 6 out of 7 on CD and definitely getting damage the next two rounds (resting plus the next round, where the zombies attack before your dragons).

Well, it lasted 180-something rounds. I don't think that setup could have lasted that long if those were the parameters. Maybe the previous poster was right and the zombies can only attack vertically or horizontally.

I'm reasonably sure I have seen my dragons take damage diagonally - but only if there was no tower directly in front of the attacking zombie. However, this usually only happens once your defense starts breaking down, so you might not have seen it actually happen.

no, purple has 3 rounds cooldown, with 3 purple your cooldown gets reduced by 2, so you still need to wait one more round

Yeah, it's hard for me to speak definitively to many of these things because I can't check the site every five minutes on the minute. I really wish there were battle logs you could scroll back through!

It's possible that the zombie AI is working against them, and they're failing to gang up on a target so as to break through the line because they're preferentially attacking things directly ahead of them no matter what.

I wish I knew how aeons work. That could really make a difference if the greens and reds got to move BEFORE the zombies got to attack. I have an aeon in my currently ongoing battle but I've never seen it do anything. Maybe it can only lend its benefit to an adjacent tower?

my idea is to skip the whites and place 2 squared purple quadrats behind the reds, then the reds fire every round and the dragons won't even get close so you wont need the healers.

with my idea you need 31 spots, yours requires 39, with 4 purples instead you'd be at 45