TJ09

2019-10-25 - Halloween Event

6 minutes ago, Tagchen7 said:

tho order doesn't matter, the dragons always move in the same order, and reds/whites are before purples, (Maybe the order in which they've been set up? something to check...)

every purple uses cooldown once. so you'll always have 1 purple with cooldown 0, 1,2 and 3 respectivly.

You can also see in my screenshot that one of the whites acted AFTER purple so there's no always.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, the conversation moving fast got me confused. Was gonna delete one of my posts and add to the other but don't really see the option. ;A;

Edited by Alwerien

So how is experience calculated? By # of zombies defeated/# of rounds survived/a combo of both? (+shallow water bonus)

i made the screenshot once you asked for it, so 10 min? i just saw that a white moved after my first purple, but before my last, so if omega is correct, and the order is based on distance from the tower, it would still work. so far I have never seen a red move after any of my purples. I mean that the order of the dragons is always the same, did that particular white move before your purple once? Because if not my strategy will still work.

Furthermore, in my setup I already have a red without a healer, and It's still alive, so it can't have been hit. (I earnestly doubt it woud've survived 80 rounds.)

Edited by Tagchen7

4 minutes ago, spatio said:

So how is experience calculated? By # of zombies defeated/# of rounds survived/a combo of both? (+shallow water bonus)

1 XP per each round survived + 5 XP for each surviving shallow.

@Tagchen7 have you gotten to the part where Zombies do 2 damage per or just 1? I'm not entirely sure about my purples/whites but if your strategy works, that's as broken as the vines were and mildly underhwlming, haha. I'm more trying to concentrate to figure out how GoN works atm.

Edited by Alwerien

@Alwerien with the current setup not yet, but the damage shoudn't be an issue in the strategy I propose, since the moment my dragons take damage I've basically lost-hp and movement speed are the ones I'm concerned about.

can you tell me how it works once you've figured it out?

I'm interested in it too 😃

Edited by Tagchen7

My Highscore was now Round 97

This was my setup (forgot to do a screenshot when i was done)

shallow survived all the way through, as well as the middle white and two of the greens (middle and right one next to surviving white)

7mi34ylr.png

If you click start over, do you lose all EXP from that round? Cuz the set up I did was is on round 83 and I'm a bit worried it wont fall.

I just figured out the XP bonus from Shallow Waters. Usually, you get your round as XP. You lost in round 20, you get 20 XP.

I lost in round 106 and had one Shallow Water. I got 111 XP. So it's a plus 5 points. Not worth it IMHO. Unless.... Hmmmmm. :D I think I need to go quick-farming! Leave a row of  safe passage to the tower, but keep the rest secure and full of shallows...

once you reach a hundred zombies attack with 2 damage instead of one, so it should fall eventually (Unless you're not taking damage)

I was just thinking... Shallows don't pay off if you have a long round. Not with 5 extra XP. (If you play 100 rounds, you get an extra 5%.)  But if you have a short game with lots of shallows (maybe 24 rounds with up to 12 shallows, you get a whopping 250% bonus. Definitely a time-saver. :D The shorter the game, the better.

I'm currently experimenting with this setup:

image.png.ea2eb01c9ec880c9589e7d51fbe4f266.png

Direct path to my tower (for losing quickly), Greens to protect my Shallows from the first few waves of zombies, Bolts for keeping the sides free from any marauders trying to attack my shallows diagonally/horizontally. (Okay, so I couldn't fill out all shallow spots, I only have 10 of them. :rolleyes:

With the way the zombies spawned in my first try, I should lose after 11 rounds. That should still net me around 61 XP in less than 2 hours. Without shallows, I'd need to play for a good 5 hours to achieve that. Win:Win.

9 minutes ago, olympe said:

I was just thinking... Shallows don't pay off if you have a long round. Not with 5 extra XP. (If you play 100 rounds, you get an extra 5%.)  But if you have a short game with lots of shallows (maybe 24 rounds with up to 12 shallows, you get a whopping 250% bonus. Definitely a time-saver. :D The shorter the game, the better.

Direct path to my tower (for losing quickly), Greens to protect my Shallows from the first few waves of zombies, Bolts for keeping the sides free from any marauders trying to attack my shallows diagonally/horizontally. (Okay, so I couldn't fill out all shallow spots, I only have 10 of them. :rolleyes:

With the way the zombies spawned in my first try, I should lose after 11 rounds. That should still net me around 61 XP in less than 2 hours. Without shallows, I'd need to play for a good 5 hours to achieve that. Win:Win.

hahaha I was thinking about whether placing more shallows will multiple the exp. thanks for the tips. xDD

also just wanna make it sure, playing over time will not get you a new/upgraded trophy, so it's just for fun, right? owo

10 minutes ago, olympe said:

That's a really interesting setup. Might have to give it a try myself.

7 minutes ago, Shelybear said:

hahaha I was thinking about whether placing more shallows will multiple the exp. thanks for the tips. xDD

The question remains whether this 5-XP-bonus is overall or per shallow. I'll let you know in 20 or so minutes.

5-XP-bonus is per Shallow Water surviving!

image.png.6d72d028d88be87d8713e79bc1f5cec0.png

(Couldn't put more than 10 in yet.)

@tsubasafan You need to place your dragon one row closer to the base. You can't put them in the swamp.

@TJ09 I found an error. Bolts are supposed to cost 1 point, but actually cost 2. 

Edited by olympe

2 minutes ago, olympe said:

@tsubasafan You need to place your dragon one row closer to the base. You can't put them in the swamp.

@TJ09 I found an error. Bolts are supposed to cost 1 point, but actually cost 2. 

Can’t even move them on mobile, when I click the dragon they just pop in to that spot.

1 hour ago, Tagchen7 said:

i made the screenshot once you asked for it, so 10 min? i just saw that a white moved after my first purple, but before my last, so if omega is correct, and the order is based on distance from the tower, it would still work. so far I have never seen a red move after any of my purples. I mean that the order of the dragons is always the same, did that particular white move before your purple once? Because if not my strategy will still work.

Furthermore, in my setup I already have a red without a healer, and It's still alive, so it can't have been hit. (I earnestly doubt it woud've survived 80 rounds.)

This may or may not make a difference to your strategy, but when new zombies spawn, they can apparently sometimes attack the front line the SAME ROUND they spawn. I just checked in on my battle and there were zero zombies on the board at that moment. I checked at the next five minute mark, and three new zombies spawned, one of which immediately attacked the front line and did damage. So it may not be a safe expectation that they will always spawn at the far edge of the screen and have to spend one or more rounds to get to your reds. Some may get there right away.

BTW: Has anyone ever seen a vampire move? Their description says they "move" to attack zombies. I'm not seeing that happen.

Edited by tjekan

I've had one vampire move forward and one move to the side.  Both moved in the first round, and I didn't see them move after that.