TJ09

2019-10-25 - Halloween Event

Yes, but I can't test your theory, because I have an ongoing battle and it's only at round 35. It'll take HOURS before I can test anything new. It went 180 rounds with just greens and whites, I assume it will be even longer with the purples I added.

It will also take hours before I can check the aeon description, for the same reason. I don't think it said you needed to be adjacent, otherwise I wouldn't have placed it where I did, but I could have messed up and misread it!

Time for an update, I guess. Round 255, still no loss! Good luck to everyone else though. Heard I already have some followers of my strat, haha.

If I get to start again, I want to see how much change would skipping the Soulpeace and Aeon do as I have only seen the Soulpeace trigger once and Aeon never and that's 10 points of dragons right there. Not quite sure what the trick is. I have seen my dragons going first though so maybe the Aeon triggers, but the message about it doesn't..?

Spoiler

243aee2d3f.jpg

Edited by Alwerien

2 minutes ago, Alwerien said:

Time for an update, I guess. Round 255, still no loss! Good luck to everyone else though. Heard I already have some followers of my strat, haha.

Hide contents

243aee2d3f.jpg

Looks like you've been observing the aeon for a long time. 🙂 Can you enlighten me as to what it does? I have one in my current battle and have never seen it take an action, nor do any of my dragons ever seem to move before the zombies. Has yours ever had an effect, and if so, on which of your towers?

you can check the description by opening a new tab, starting new in the tab, and closing the tab without placing dragons or starting the game. the game continues running normally in the old tab. i checked.

2 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Looks like you've been observing the aeon for a long time. 🙂 Can you enlighten me as to what it does? I have one in my current battle and have never seen it take an action, nor do any of my dragons ever seem to move before the zombies. Has yours ever had an effect, and if so, on which of your towers?

Actually edited my message mostly about Aeons just now, haha. I have never seen a single message about their action (but it might happen on rounds I forget to check). I know some others have seen it, but I really didn't. I have had all of my dragons go first previously though (zombies all died so didn't even get to take turn), so I was thinking maybe they function but the message is broken. The way it's supposed to work is you get a message that Aeon has predicted future (or something similar) and then the following round your dragons go first. I really don't understand why some others get the message (with same corner placement so it can't be distance to zombies) and I don't.

Edited by Alwerien

26 minutes ago, Tagchen7 said:

my idea is to skip the whites and place 2 squared purple quadrats behind the reds, then the reds fire every round and the dragons won't even get close so you wont need the healers.

with my idea you need 31 spots, yours requires 39, with 4 purples instead you'd be at 45

If Olympe is correct about how the zombies move, that won't work though. Because zombies can wait three squares away from the reds till after you have attacked, then move to two squares away from the reds, then at the beginning of the next round, advance to one square away from you AND attack. Then get killed by the red of course, but without white dragons behind them to heal them, it would only take four such suicide attacks to kill the red.

no, that's what the purples are there for. 4 purples in a square - means every purple uses cooldown reducion once per round. my reds can thus fire every round, since they only have a cooldown of 1 which the purples reduce by at least 1.

It will be an interesting experiment. I suspect it's overly dependent on the AI choosing to spread your purples' powers out the way you hope it will. Most of the powers seem to just activate whenever they get available, not in any optimal way. 🙂

Show me the layout you want and I'll try it if I decide I don't want to wait ~12 hours for this round to resolve heh.

What do you mean by "4 purples in a square"? Like a 2x2 configuration?

Edited by tjekan

Just now, Tagchen7 said:

@Alwerien how many hp do your zombies have? do they still die in 1 hit?

Surprisingly yes. I have expected the HP to go up but no such thing yet. They do 2 damage per however.

So I'm curious about your experiment actually (whether purples reduce each other's CD and whether you can actually even lower to CD to less than 1), but I do think zombies can attack from further than 2 squares away if they go first as they often do. As I said, on later rounds they do 2 damage per which means your reds would be dead in two hits each.

> whether purples reduce each other's CD

I can confirm they do. I saw the message " Purple Dragon's cooldown reduced by 1" recently.
I don't know if an individual purple reduces its OWN cooldown, though. Probably not.

18 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

*scratches head*

Is one of the treats a fig newton?

j0tukh.gif

That's what I thought it was! XD

Has anyone actually gathered all 59 treats? I seem to be stuck at 58.

The purples work to reduce cooldown to 0, -1 is impossible. furthermore, every purple only moves once, regardless of wether the cooldown is full or not (same for other dragons I assume). So far I have only observed zombies attacking by being next to the dragon they are attacking, I haven't observed a ranged attack yet, and I got over level 100 with a different setup.maybe it changed, but if it didn't... this setup has potential, and I'll be testing it tomorrow. I'm also one of the people that are looking at your setup and looking forward to how far you come 😃

It's fun to watch how the people tries to observe game how it works just for making better and better strategies.

For me, I'm just playing for fun and not thinking too much about it :D

Also I adore spritework! It's very well made, dear spriters!

1 minute ago, Tagchen7 said:

purples don't reduce their own cooldown, but if you have 4 purples in a square they all move once per round.

From what I know, purple will only use its ability after one of adjacent towers is on CD. It's really hard to observe which one's actually doing what but in my setup I have 3 whites, very rarely I have them all go off at once, but I did in past. In the same round I have also had at least one of the purples use rejuvenation but it didn't affect a single white. That makes me think they won't lower the cooldown of a dragon that uses its ability on the same turn therefore can't lower CD from 1 to 0. Do you have a log that proves it works and with regularity?

9 minutes ago, Tagchen7 said:

purples don't reduce their own cooldown, but if you have 4 purples in a square they all move once per round.

Are you sure? I'm thinking what will happen is that the two in front will use their ability to help the reds, at which point the next round they will be resting while the two in back use their ability to help the two in front, at which point the next round the two in front will go but the two in back won't be able to yet, and so on. They would have to all fire at once for all of them to be recharged by the next round. But the two in back may not start until the two in front are already on cooldown.

Edited by tjekan

To add onto my last post, found my screenshot. Other possibility I'm thinking of is that it was a purple that could have only affected the white that uses healing right after him but in that case it would all depend on the purples going last in the order and they couldn't possibly affect all the other purples.

512edfc048.jpg

Edited by Alwerien

image.png.3d4793bc82cce4553add133b941d736d.pnghere is the log. the last purple uses the ability on all other (3) purples, it's just cut off.

Here are the reds and purples for the setup. for the complete setup I'd place only reds and purples, but I was missing 4 spots.

dragcave setup.PNG

As a general reminder, try not to double-post, it clutters the board. If you have something to add and no one has posted below you, just go ahead and edit your current post.

tho order doesn't matter, the dragons always move in the same order, and reds/whites are before purples, (Maybe the order in which they've been set up? something to check...)

every purple uses cooldown once. so you'll always have 1 purple with cooldown 0, 1,2 and 3 respectivly.

5 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I'm thinking what will happen is that the two in front will use their ability to help the reds, at which point the next round they will be resting while the two in back use their ability to help the two in front, at which point the next round the two in front will go but the two in back won't be able to yet, and so on.

I don't think that's how it works. If a purple is supposed to reduce the cooldown of 1, it needs to spring into action as soon as the affected dragon has used up its action. So, any adjacent dragon being on cool-down needs to trigger a purple. Even if the other dragon is another purple.

Just now, Tagchen7 said:

tho order doesn't matter, the dragons always move in the same order, and reds/whites are before purples, (Maybe the order in which they've been set up? something to check...)

I think the action goes from the row furthest to the tower to the row the tower is in. Each row from (our) top left to bottom right.

Edited by olympe
crossposted

but according to my log, first moves red, than white and then purple, so I think the placement order has something to do with it, if it isn't based on the type of dragon (what I suspect)

it doesn't matter anyway, in the beginning reds have 0 cooldown. either reds always move first or purples do, either way, if red moves cooldown = 0

Edited by Tagchen7

4 minutes ago, Tagchen7 said:

image.png.3d4793bc82cce4553add133b941d736d.pnghere is the log. the last purple uses the ability on all other (3) purples, it's just cut off.

Here are the reds and purples for the setup. for the complete setup I'd place only reds and purples, but I was missing 4 spots.

dragcave setup.PNG

When is this log from? Mine is from after the game went down for a bit (for what we assume was some rebalancing to avoid infinity games by exploits) so if it was before that it might not work the same way anymore. Because it really contradicts what I have seen with my own purples.