TJ09

2019-09-29 - Trick or Treat Event Submissions

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity for those who want to give spriting a chance. Looking forward to the new designs again this year. Good fortune to first timers!

Edited by PrairieStead

On 10/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Over Hallowe'en, for about three days (I forget exactly) random tricks/treats will pop up on your pages about every 10-15 minutes when you are on your scroll or in the cave. Click on them and they will be added to your basket - a pumpkin a the top of your scroll.

I've been at this a long time - this is mine with the ones from several years in it:

https://dragcave.net/trickortreat/flurp

Those are amazing Trick or Treats. I've been in the Cave for abt 5 years so it's a wonderful historical review 'before my time'. Thank-you very much!

How do you PM an image? I see the option to choose files in this thread, but that area is blank when I open a PM.

3 hours ago, wobster109 said:

How do you PM an image? I see the option to choose files in this thread, but that area is blank when I open a PM.

I think a lot of people use imgur.com to host the image (by default uploads are "private", so there should be no risk of other people accidentally finding it). You can then post an imgur link or direct link in the PM.

Ooh yes how exciting! But is imgur safe enough? I dropped in a random unrelated icon first to see and in just a minute it had several views. Clicking on "hidden" seemed to do nothing but bring up a link to copy and yet it still got views. Not sure what im doing wrong. Are there any alternatives? Sta.sh even seems more safe simply because I know no one visits xD 
Ah nevermind, stash does seem more secure as it's actually private unless url is specifically shared.

Edited by 1400105

5 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

The way I heard suggested last time 'round was to upload to a forum post, not post it! but get the link of the image uploaded to the dragon cave forums  from the post and copy it into the message.

Interesting...

Well my imgur post has no views, besides my own, and an extra couple which hopefully was the DC "review team", so it seems ok.

I’m in China for the next 2 weeks and imgur was blocked anyhow. I used postimage. I hope that will work!

Should I expect a PM response to confirm that my submission was received? I got a confirmation for my FoE submission, but that was also after my first attempt to send glitched (which I mentioned when I re-sent the PM).

11 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Should I expect a PM response to confirm that my submission was received? I got a confirmation for my FoE submission, but that was also after my first attempt to send glitched (which I mentioned when I re-sent the PM).

I have the same question.

I have no idea if my submission is satisfactory, and as the deadline is slowly closing in I fear I won't have a chance at fixing my submission in the event my current one isn't accepted. Also checking the account that the first post said to send the submissions to, it says it's been last active on April 26 which probably means none of the submissions have been checked yet.

Cool. I can't into spriting so I can't participate, but I eagerly wait for the day when I get to see what this year's Trick or Treat brings with it. :)

On 10/10/2019 at 12:15 AM, EragonSaphiraRider said:

I'm hoping to hear back about mine too. I had mine sent in almost immediately!

Same here. Hopefully they respond soon...

I got a response earlier today (I had submitted a while back), so hopefully others get one too!

I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with.

I am totally confused by whats going on with the hatcheries  not raising my eggs??Whats going on...what should I do? Whats the new ''icon'' mean by my info??Help,pleas!

2 hours ago, Rockin' On said:

I am totally confused by whats going on with the hatcheries  not raising my eggs??Whats going on...what should I do? Whats the new ''icon'' mean by my info??Help,pleas!

This isn't really the right place to ask that, but checking your scroll it doesn't look like you added any eggs to hatcheries? They would definitely have more then 3-4 views if you had. Are you sure you added them? Are you sure the hatcheries you are trying to use are still active? Look in the Fan Sites sub-forum to find active hatcheries to use. As for the icon, if you mean the yellow face thing, that has to do with the website tinypic shutting down, you'll need to use other image sites for the stuff you used to have in your signature/avatar.

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This isn't really the right place to ask that, but checking your scroll it doesn't look like you added any eggs to hatcheries? They would definitely have more then 3-4 views if you had. Are you sure you added them? Are you sure the hatcheries you are trying to use are still active? Look in the Fan Sites sub-forum to find active hatcheries to use. As for the icon, if you mean the yellow face thing, that has to do with the website tinypic shutting down, you'll need to use other image sites for the stuff you used to have in your signature/avatar.

What she said. I have just looked in six hatcheries and your eggs aren't in any of them.