Kaini

Neglected Dragons

3 hours ago, MissK. said:

For what it's worth, I've turned quite a few on mobile and mine isn't amazing either. :) The adaptive rate works quite well for me to make sure I'm not wasting refreshes, since it only reloads each image after it has already loaded.

That’s good to hear. Dedinitely boosts my confidence! I tested it with two of my hatchlings and my phone (which isn’t horrible but also not amazing) handled it quite well. Now I just have to stop being too nervous to actually try the real deal, haha!

On 8/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, MissK. said:

I'm kind of curious about tetras, brimstones etc though, I haven't experimented much with them so I'll try using the numbers Lushwave suggested (and maybe stop depleting the CB zyu population for experiments).

I cannot find CB Zyus anymore so I experiment almost exclusively on CB Brimstone/Tetra/Luminas. FART works beautifully for those as well. My odds of success have doubled since I started using it.

My method:

• Preload to 95 UVs.
  • At TOD - 2 min, start 10 instances at adaptive rate on my phone.
  • At TOD - 1 min, add another 10 instances at adaptive rate on my tablet, plus Valley and Allure. 
  • As soon as it turns green or in the last 20 seconds of life, throw it in 4 more hatcheries (Hatching Club, DragHatch, Silvi, Egg Drop Soup).

Just to make sure, I’m imagining Nhiostrifes would work out about the same as Brims/Tetras/Luminae, since they’re also stubborn? I ask solely because I have yet to see a single CB Zyu since I’ve been playing, but Nhios are much easier for me to get (I somehow encounter them far more often than the other stubborn breeds).

Also, silly question but it doesn’t hurt to be sure - I’m imagining Dark and Light Luminae work the same as far as stubbornness goes? I’ve only ever raised one of each, and both were a while back, haha.

16 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:
  • At TOD - 2 min, start 10 instances at adaptive rate on my phone.
  • At TOD - 1 min, add another 10 instances at adaptive rate on my tablet, plus Valley and Allure. 
  •  

Wouldn't putting the phone instances up to 20 have the same effect? I'm definitely trying my Brimstones on my phone this time, as my laptop instances won't go past 10.  I'm going to try the first on 15.

4 hours ago, Quinney said:

Wouldn't putting the phone instances up to 20 have the same effect? I'm definitely trying my Brimstones on my phone this time, as my laptop instances won't go past 10.  I'm going to try the first on 15.

If you mean the instances input won't let you go higher than 10, that's a bug - The intent has always been that the increase/decrease buttons would stop at 10 to stop craziness but you could always manually enter a higher number. But the last update unintentionally prevents that. However as a workaround you can add it first and then change the number to 20 or more using the control panel. It'll be fixed at some point.

According to my test that I ran at the expense of my poor Skysilk hatchling, my phone can apparently handle instance up to about 50. What that says for any ND experiments I may in the future conduct, I am not sure. Is there such a thing as refreshing an exp too often? Lol.

1 hour ago, StarKaabi said:

According to my test that I ran at the expense of my poor Skysilk hatchling, my phone can apparently handle instance up to about 50. What that says for any ND experiments I may in the future conduct, I am not sure. Is there such a thing as refreshing an exp too often? Lol.

Well the good news is your phone should definitely be good enough to make NDs lmao. 50 instances definitely sounds like overkill, but more in the sense that it's really unnecessary. Personally I do 5 or 7, max 10 if I'm starting only one minute before death. For reference, 10 instances should give about 2400 views per minute at 0.25 seconds, while adaptive is even faster. 50 instances would be 12000 views per minute lmao. Usually ND experiment views won't cap much higher than 2000, so there's no need to go that hard. Only tip I have to make the most out of your views is, stay on the FART tab most of the time, because when you move to a different tab it sometimes misses some refreshes. 

So, here’s my biggest question about NDs: Do they really need to be constantly gaining new UVs so that their OV ratio can be maxed out to turn? Or are views less important or any reason other than hatching an egg quickly during a solo exp, and they just need to be refreshed constantly regardless of view count in order to keep that Neglected “coin flip” going until the site decides, “Yeah, let’s turn this egg, sounds good.”

I’m guessing the latter is the case based on Shadowdrake’s recent zero-statted ND, in which case, if that is indeed true, I may have a much easier time making them. It would probably be much easier for me to incubate an egg, AR it until it turns, and just get a teleport set up in advance for a friend to catch when it turned. Most of my hesitation is been in that, knowing myself, having to get it in hatcheries but also measure how many ERs it is put in based on the exact amount of time it has left is where there’d be the most room for me to fail, because when I’m under pressure I tend to just freeze.

They certainly don't need to be gaining anything, views are only important in regards to hatching them. All my turns only occur after they've been capped, and I don't usually use hatcheries so their numbers don't budge after capping at the beginning. I probably could make a note that hatcheries are entirely optional in the teleport method since FART will probably refresh them faster than hatchery viewers do.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I got really ridiculously lucky early yesterday morning. While I was searching in the AP for random pickings, I saw this weird green broccoli coloured s1 hatchling sitting on the top row as an ER. I clicked it as fast as I could, hoping that I was fast enough. Turns out I was! I don't know how it wound up in the ER as a 3d hatchie, but it did. Maybe someone APed it as an act of generosity or maybe it was frightened by something. Either way, I got my second ever ND, the first being a gift from a charity type group. I now have a male and a female. Hopefully neither will be lonely.

Maybe this isn't the right thread, but I thought I'd share so that maybe whoever abandoned her could know she went to a good place.

Edited by Charu

...and three more in there just now!  Of course, I was too slow, even though I did click on them.  It reminded me of the old days, trying to grab a Holly at Christmas!

I’ve been wanting to post a thank you on this topic for a while now,  it’s been enormously helpful with making NDs (turned my very first one last weekend).
My second experiment will be tonight, and today I nabbed my second ever ND from the AP! So just a big thank you to everyone, especially those who have shared their methods and whoever left this little guy for me to find. 🥰

EDB210D0-509A-4F7C-99C6-CBB811A2061F.thumb.jpeg.ee794d78af0e062101dc7e78e1e12097.jpeg

hi! doing my first experiment, and i have just a small question! sorry if it’s a little silly!

do the OVs matter during preloading, or is it just the UVs? i’m using a black zyu for this.

Edited by ednfall

13 minutes ago, ednfall said:

do the OVs matter during preloading, or is it just the UVs? i’m using a black zyu for this.

OVs don't really matter; you'll be ARing fast enough it maxes out very quickly during exp if it isn't maxed already.

28 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

OVs don't really matter; you'll be ARing fast enough it maxes out very quickly during exp if it isn't maxed already.

ah, okay. thanks! :) 

I got my second neglected dragon! :D

Here is some data:

Dragon breed → Brimstone

Statistics before ToD → 333 / 111 / 1

FART instances → 20 Adaptive

FART start → 1 minute 45 seconds before ToD

I have a second Brimstone egg lined up with the same stats, it will be ripe in a few days. Hopefully this same method will work!

I am VERY excited. My very first Neglected experiment was a success! The egg died partway through hatching, but the fact that it turned at all is enough to encourage me!! It wasn’t a full experiment,  it was really just a little test of me trying to see if I could get the egg to turn, which is why I wasn’t totally concerned with its survival. I also had no clue whatsoever when its ToD was, I just trusted my instincts, so the fact that I was right and it turned makes me feel really really invigorated over the whole thing. It was a Sapp egg to start. If I had put it in one or two more hatcheries prior to turning it probably would have made it, but now I know how to go about this next time!

I have an egg finally bred and ready for my formal experiment now that I’m no longer nervous about trying after today’s successful turn. ToD is about 5:31:02 pm EST. I might use the Teleport method, but I specifically bred a Zyu just in case I decide I’d like to do a solo exp (or my partner isn’t available to catch the egg when it turns). 2G Black Zyu from my Sinomorph and CB Summer so that it has a pretty lineage should everything go well. :P

I may also breed a secondary egg specfically for a solo exp just in case.

am just really, really excited that I was able to turn an egg!! I love Neglecteds so much, the idea of having even a few more is a big dream of mine :)

Edited by StarKaabi
Apparently I was so excited that I cannot spell any longer.

I saw one in the abandoned page earlier today and am kicking myself so hard that I wasn't fast enough! Crazy respect to people who have the tenacity to do this. The idea of doing all of this stuff is super overwhelming to me but it's so fascinating!!

yay! first exp was a success! ❤️ 

i actually had to drop how much FART was refreshing… but! i used three hatcheries and 10 (lowered to 5) instances of adaptive AR

black zyu, started at: 231/81/1

the stats it hatched with were a LITTLE lower (~1985 OV/140 UV)

now i’m a little more confident with this.. ☺️0BF8881C-52BC-43E7-B895-FA3F866A0E86.jpeg.66f1125159df9cd18f9828cd532c8eeb.jpeg

Edited by ednfall

On 9/17/2022 at 11:44 PM, 0x08 said:

I got my second neglected dragon! :D

Here is some data:

Dragon breed → Brimstone

Statistics before ToD → 333 / 111 / 1

FART instances → 20 Adaptive

FART start → 1 minute 45 seconds before ToD

I have a second Brimstone egg lined up with the same stats, it will be ripe in a few days. Hopefully this same method will work!

It worked again! I have my third neglected!

22 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

It worked again! I have my third neglected!

Ooh, nice! I grabbed a Nhio egg from the AP to use for a secondary exp, I wonder if it’d work if I used that same method on it (since I believe Brims, Nhios, NDs and other such stubborn breeds share the same hatching stats).

I'm loving all these success stories!  I've been concentrating on the zombies I need as I'm not going to have as much time here in the run up to Halloween, but after that I'm hoping to get that neglected army!

pardon me for asking but, what is FART? 🤣

i've noticed there a huge increase of NDs being traded when they were super rare, i thought someone was abusing a cheat or something,..

Edited by Meruru