Kaini

Neglected Dragons

I got another turn!

Also got a dead Neg egg, and three more fails.

That's it for a week.

Got my eleventh ND today, a (former?) 3G PB White Zyu with a Sino base. I’m weird, but I like lineaged Neglecteds more than CB ones. :P

Got another exp for tonight, a CB Nhio that I’ve been horribly procrastinating tracking the ToD on as it was an AP catch. That’ll be the tenth Neglected I’ve made myself, since I received one as a gift and won the other in a raffle. After that I have a CB Brim from the AP in ~5 days. So I’m slowly but surely making my way toward my scroll goal I guess, haha.

———

EDIT— Welp, that second exp ended up not happening because of life stuff involving heated argument until 20 minutes after its ToD. Ugh.

Edited by Moonstruck_Starlight

I've got an experiment I'll be trying to turn around midnight. Ahead of that time, and in the interest of not ruining the experiment, I have another question.

Do I stick the egg in a normal hatchery after unfogging, or is it enough to just rely on the preloaded UVs to turn it? I'm assuming the latter, but I'm so excited to do this and I don't want to be hasty! If it helps, the egg is a Zyu currently at 766/121/2. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, what do you guys recommend for FART stats? I haven't had time to keep reading the thread. Again, all of my experiments are Zyus if that means anything.

Edited by KittyHawkMC

2 hours ago, KittyHawkMC said:

I've got an experiment I'll be trying to turn around midnight. Ahead of that time, and in the interest of not ruining the experiment, I have another question.

Do I stick the egg in a normal hatchery after unfogging, or is it enough to just rely on the preloaded UVs to turn it? I'm assuming the latter, but I'm so excited to do this and I don't want to be hasty! If it helps, the egg is a Zyu currently at 766/121/2. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, what do you guys recommend for FART stats? I haven't had time to keep reading the thread. Again, all of my experiments are Zyus if that means anything.

121 UVs is far above hatching threshold for a ND (which is ~105 iirc), so it should be plenty to rely on UVs alone turn and hatch a Zyu exp without it hatching early. I always preload my Zyu exps with around 120 UV and only need FART to change them, so adding it to hatcheries will probably just be an unnecessary risk of a premature hatch.

As far as FART instances go, it really just depends on what your device can handle, but 20 adaptive seems to be the general safeground.

@KittyHawkMC You won't need hatcheries when UVs are that high, it'll hatch fine if it turns. It'll cap OV very quickly. I personally use 30-50 instances at .25 depending if my device can display egg stage changes at that speed. 

Hatching stats range went up recently so 115 UV is the recommended now, which is easy for zyus. 5-10 extra UV won't mess up any zyu/prize exp.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Thrilled to announce my very first experiment was a success!!! :D

The little guy started at 766/121/2, per my previous comment, and turned at 1863/125/2. I can't thank everyone in this thread enough! I never attempted to make an ND before because of the discussion ban, so I'm so glad my first one turned!

I had about twelve FART tabs open and an AOND AR for good measure.  I started around 3 and a half minutes to TOD (got impatient, haha) and dropped it in the AOND ER with about thirty seconds to go out of paranoia, and it turned immediately after that!

Thank you all, again! I've got six more experiments lined up for the coming week! ^_^ 

Now... to keep, or not to keep... haha

Successful experiment!

Dragon breed → Brimstone

Statistics before ToD → 334 / 110 / 3

FART instances → 20 Adaptive

FART start → 1 minutes 45 seconds before ToD

This was going to be an ungendered, but it turned and hatched too quickly for me to teleport it. Oops!

Edited by 0x08

4 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Successful experiment!

This was going to be an ungendered, but it turned and hatched too quickly for me to teleport it. Oops!

Yeah, If you plan to teleport for ungendered you shouldn't preload at all. You can do a teleport to save a preload-method exp if it fails, but you shouldn't preload a teleport-method exp because that adds unnecessary risk of things messing up. Just rely on AR for teleport.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I got something right after all this time. Four out of Four turns tonight!!!!

47 Instances, two minutes until ToD and I just had two ND AR pages open. The first two turned while I was submitting the AR's, the third I got all the submitting done and for the fourth I decided to just watch FART and see what happened. It turned with no help from anywhere else.

I wonder if I dare call myself a Neglecter and get the badge now?! 

Wow. I'm still in shock. I can't do any more just now because there may be a new release this weekend, but as soon as I can...!!

Was planning on doing another experiment, but unfortunately the timing won’t work out well for me. Hoping someone else can do something with this CB Zyu! Pretty sure the catch time was 11:50:10 AM, but you may want to double check.

Successes again this morning. 🙂

I had 8 experiments going.  The first two I don't think I gave enough time and views to, both died.  Another hatched immediately into a zyu as soon as I pressed 'start' in FART, I don't know what happened there. But - I have another 5 neglected hatchies towards my army!

Been awhile since we had any new info, but I successfully turned a hatchie and grew it into an adult. https://dragcave.net/lineage/cUFhX

Going by a very small sample size, requisite UVs for a neglected hatchie to grow may be 250-265. I will continue gathering data, though ideally I'd also get data on what regular or heavy duty hatchies require in their final 12-24h to provide a range of safety for preloading.

Well I don't think I can be of any help to you.  I've been averaging 4 out of 8 per week, but it's been the same whether I just get enough views to get the UV's to 100 or carry on and get the UV's up to 115 ish. That's a difference of around 50 more views.  (averaging 260-310).

I'm also extremely miffed at the ones that die.   I can't see a reason for it except to think that if I were trying to hatch them as eggs on my scroll, they'd just be downright awkward and take ages.

On the up side, since having FART in my life, I now own 40!   Got time for one more lot before Valentine breeding starts and the cave starts getting busy.

Would anyone here be willing to catch my ND for me in a week? Just @ me and we can dm

On 1/28/2023 at 12:15 PM, Aries_Wild_Child said:

I tried once, got frustrated.

Amen, lol I just don't have the attention span to remember. Only way I'll ever have one is if it's a gift lol

Edited by TempestSea

Lovely success this week for my final attempts for a while!   Two out of four yesterday and four out of four just now - so happy!

Neglecteds.png

Hi, I am about to start experimenting with NDs and I am trying FART... I don't know if it is my internet (fast enough) or if I am missing something about the tool but I am not able to get views from it. I have tried different instances, refresh times and so on, and I only gets some views and then it just stop. I have been reading around and I am getting a little frustrated. Some advice would be appreciated 😭

38 minutes ago, helenik said:

I only gets some views and then it just stop.

Do you have a screenshot or an example to link? Views can only go up to 15 x unique views, so if you're testing on something with a few Unique Views it won't go very high. 

Example: 100 uv = 1500 v with FART

Oh... probably I should check that. I was just picking up abandoned eggs and throwing them into Fart. Sometimes I just don't understand everything given that English is not my native language 😅.

I'm going to check what you have suggested! Thank you so much. ☺️

3 successful experiments and 1 failure! This was my first true attempt at doing this and my first success ever, so I’m pretty stoked. Some exact details:

All are lineaged Brimstones caught from the AP during that wall a bit back. I decided spur of the moment to do an experiment with four of them. They had close but not exact TODs to eachother. I did not load them with any views whatsoever until 3 hours away from the TOD. I slowly raised views for all eggs until they were all 109 or 110, taking a break and refogging them at around 70 views each in the middle. I finished raising UV on the last egg (which was successful) only about a half an hour before it’s experiment. I unfogged the eggs around 15 minutes before each of their TODs. I was not aware that the last egg was still in several hatcheries despite having been fogged, and the others also received some UV immediately after unfogging as well. They were listed removed from those sites so I’m uncertain how that happened. Regardless, the extra UV did not seem to ruin the experiments.

Anyways, here’s stats! Hope it’s fine I copied this template lol. I’m really happy to have my first neglecteds!

Dragon breed → Brimstone

Statistics before ToD → 868 / 112 / 4

FART instances → 30 instances at 0.25 rate

FART start → 2 minutes 20 seconds before TOD

Result → Successful, hatched instantly.

Dragon breed → Brimstone

Statistics before ToD → 640 / 111 / 2

Notes → Egg TOD was only 10 seconds ahead of the egg below. For this reason I ARd them together. They also had very similar starting stats, including the exact same UV, but only this egg was successful. This egg capped OV somewhere above 1800.

Dragon breed → Brimstone

Statistics before ToD → 665 / 111 / 3

FART start → 2 minutes 30 seconds before TOD

Result → Failed, dead.

Notes → Was ARd with above egg. Both had same starting UV, but for some reason this egg capped OV over a hundred below the above egg. Not sure what caused that. Due to me using a tablet for this, my hatchery tabs got autorefreshed and I couldn’t get the egg into them in time. I believe it might have succeeded if I had been able to.

Dragon breed → Brimstone

Statistics before ToD → 676 / 116 / 1

Notes → This egg was accidentally increased to 116 around 15 minutes before it’s TOD, which I was worried would have ruined the experiment. Despite that, this egg turned neglected and hatched instantly without issue.

Edited by Rainbeetle

Dragon breed → Zyu

Statistics before ToD → 746 / 136 / 1

FART instances → 10 instances at 0.25 rate

FART start → 2 minutes before TOD

Added to 3 hatcheries 1 minute before TOD

Hatched instantly at 10~ seconds before TOD

It's a beautiful piece of broccoli 😍 and my very first attempt olOYD.gif

Theorizing a new possible method for solo-ing non-stubborn eggs. Yesterday I managed to turn two cave Mints successfully.

Screenshot(38).png.ae787a73060d416a274d2bc27c5b71ce.png Screenshot(37).png.db593203b1f65dd3d5e72abb037d3041.png

In pursuit of fodder for Cave-biome Neglecteds, I had no idea what I was really getting into until much later when I recognized the trouble of a non-stubborn and non-transferrable egg - I was pleased to find out this was possible anyway.

Breakdown of what I did:

1. Preloaded eggs to 80-ish UV. Kept the OV as close as possible to the UV amount (the eggs above had 100-ish OV). This wasn't done with hatcheries, but instead with a forum signature on another site.
  2. Fogged and waited till five minutes before ToD.
  3. Readied five hatcheries with my scroll info for submission, to ensure hatching once turned.
  4. Prepared a FART window for 30 instances on Adaptive and with "Disable views" checked. Started ARing.
  5. As soon as the egg turned (on both eggs above it was 30-40 seconds before death, so I had a generous amount of time), stopped the AR, quickly unchecked "Disable views", and restarted ARing. Quickly submitted my scroll to all prepared hatcheries.

Now I'm not so great with vocalizing my thoughts here so bear with me. The trick I had been thinking of involves maximizing UV and minimizing OV, because the leftover OV you gain during ARing will be what lets the egg hatch on your scroll, ideally without needing hatchery help during the experiment. That's my rationale for the in-bold part above.

If that doesn't make any sense, I'll say this in a different way:

Say, hypothetically, that an egg at 1 hour left will hatch with 60 UVs and maximized OVs. That same egg won't hatch with 60 UVs and only 60 OVs. If the ratio of 1 OV to 1 UV is preserved, we can push the UV even higher without the hypothetical egg hatching, such as 100 UVs and 100 OVs. ARing this egg with views disabled, and then ARing with views enabled after turning, can take advantage of all that room for more OVs to hatch the egg.

More research should be done for a proper preload amount of course.

More true-solo successes!

Screenshot(50).png.48a7921dd528f27e8c1fdb84e7d78f1e.png

Preloads:

Screenshot(49).png.b7c0c1bef8c8d3dd0be65c2d651968f2.png

Top to bottom: Scimitar-Wing, Imperial Fleshcrowne, Brute. The Scimitar-Wing and Fleshcrowne was at a single crack at the start of the experiment.