Kaini

Neglected Dragons

43 minutes ago, Lushwave said:

I would emphasize the importance of high refresh rates; with FART in particular that means setting a high amount of Instances and a low or Adaptive refresh timer. What settings do you use? As a sidenote, while FART lets you input a maximum of 10 instances as you add an egg, you can later edit that amount at the bottom of the page to be even higher; I seldom do less than 15-20 per egg. It also helps to have others AR along with you, further multiplying the refresh power

What OV was your 120UV Brimstone at, if you remember? I couldn't find an egg like that on your scroll. If it didn't crack at all, it's likely either the AR was not operational or you AR'ed quite late.

The 120UV Brimstone (dropped off my scroll yesterday) capped at 1801 OVs. Not sure how the extra OV sneaked in there. Each UV is worth 15 OVs. At 120 UVs that would mean 1800 allowable OVs. That has held true for all my neglecteds (and all other eggs) so far. For example...my last turned Zyu started at 667/131/2. Capped and hatched at 1965/131/2.

I've been using around 8 instances with .25s refresh rate. With that I'm capping within 30-40 seconds of start time, then waiting for something to happen for the remaining 1:20-1:30 minutes.  Wondering if additional clicks matter even if they are not registering as OVs? That would be an argument for increasing instances even if the OVs cap super early.

Edited to say - the two dead eggs on my scroll never got off the plate.  Life kinda got in the way and I couldn't get to them in time. :(

Edited by KatieCeee
additional info

18 minutes ago, KatieCeee said:

The 120UV Brimstone (dropped off my scroll yesterday) capped at 1801 OVs. Not sure how the extra OV sneaked in there.

Veri high speed viewing can add simultaneous extra views before DC realizes it's capped. I frequently have up to 5 more than the cap would allow when making NDs.

I suspect your computer simply couldn't update the brimstone's image fast enough, as 1800 ov is s3-s5 level. I usually do 30 instances at .25 (often on two devices so 60 total), and have a very high turn rate, probably over 90%, and views usually cap in the first 10 seconds. Recommend either increasing your instances drastically or giving adaptive a shot, since it seems to work for some people more than others (not me).

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I suspect your computer simply couldn't update the brimstone's image fast enough, as 1800 ov is s3-s5 level. I usually do 30 instances at .25 (often on two devices so 60 total), and have a very high turn rate, probably over 90%, and views usually cap in the first 10 seconds. Recommend either increasing your instances drastically or giving adaptive a shot, since it seems to work for some people more than others (not me).

Okay then. Thank you. I'll set up another Brimstone. Will preload with 120 UVs and go wild with the instances. Will let you know what happens. 

I’m not positive, but after raising a couple of Pyralspites and watching them closely, it looks like they might be about Nhiostrife-level stubborn as well. I’ll have to raise a Pyral, Nhio and possibly Brim at the same time to be sure.

3 hours ago, Googs said:

Is 129 UVs on a Zyu too many?

It'll probably be fine, but I wouldn't add any more. It's pretty close to the hatching line.

Edited by Shadowdrake

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

It'll probably be fine, but I wouldn't add any more. It's pretty close to the hatching line.

Thank you very much! I will proceed with caution. 

Thanks to the great information posted in this thread, I have found pretty good success in making Neglected dragons, so thanks to everyone who has contributed. However, I do have one little question that I can't seem to find the answer to. Using the teleport method to create ungendered Neglecteds, influence wears off once the turned egg is transferred to the catcher's scroll, but does the egg have to hatch on their scroll to remain ungendered, or can it be transferred back and still hatch ungendered?

@Jen9 It can be transferred back and it’ll still hatch ungendered. Influences wears off permanently upon the first time it is teleported, even if it’s sent back to the influencer’s scroll. ^^ My ungendered ND was teleported three times as an egg before I got them.

so, new place new internet! had an experiment right now that.. nearly went poorly 😥

had to use my phone for another round of FART! adaptive here wasn’t going too well on my PC with the new internet. managed to turn the poor thing, but i wasn’t expecting to actually need my phone. it also turned with lower stats

started with 210/81/2, turned at 1710/113/3. then again, it IS pretty late for some… oh well, at least i got it to turn :)

Just made my first neglected! Started with a CB Zyu, accidentally preloaded with too many UVs (ratio was 819:141:1), and chucked it in FART at about 3 minutes before TOD. I played around with checking and unchecking the disable views box -- I probably left it checked for about a minute at the two minute mark and then got worried about killing the poor thing. I also increased my instances from 5 to 18 over the course of the experiment, with a refresh rate of 0.25s. It ended up turning before it hit the Stage 4 crack, and then insta-hatching with its stats at about 2,121:141:2. Overall, I think I could have been way more methodical about it :P but I'm thrilled it worked! May try again sometime in the future, just thought I'd share since preloading with more than 140 UVs seems to be generally agreed upon as something that will not work.

Just had an unfortunate experience. I was preparing to turn two eggs this evening. Had them loaded in FART, on my phone, as I have for my previous several neglecteds. When the countdown timer reached 6 minutes, I went to unhide one egg and found it was dead. The other one was as well (its TOD was 7 minutes after the first), with several minutes remaining on its countdown timer as well. A glitch of some sort. Unfortunately, I didn't look at the clock on the right side of the FART screen until I realized the eggs were dead. Clock showed that the eggs were several minutes past their TOD. Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but yeah. It happened. :( Going forward I'll definitely pay more attention to the clock. 

It seems Terrae might be applicable for the stubborn list.

0E6F0D0C-2293-4F86-969B-565A14AB4D4E.jpeg.21b9c7912049fc89cbcec92f17968b5f.jpeg

These eggs are both about the exact same age, with the Lunar Herald being slightly younger by an hour or two. Both are incubated, and the Terra has generally higher stats than the Lunar, yet it is just at an S3 crack while the Lunar is at S5.

35 minutes ago, Moonstruck_Starlight said:

It seems Terrae might be applicable for the stubborn list.

Terrae are stubborn (and on one of my lists) but not stubborn enough for easy success. They're the exact same of stubborn as a neglected so require much more luck and micromanaging.

I'm starting an ND experiment! I have a 2g zyu fogged with 113 UV and 253 OV  :D Cant wait to see if it turns! ^^ 
Oops, apologies. Didn't read the "Dont announce experiments" part.

Edited by moth_hours

Hi! I'm currently working my way through this thread, as I'm starting some experiments, and I have a question. (I'm so sorry if this is answered in the thread; I'm only on page 7.)

Do clicks matter? I've just gotten a CB Zyu through a trade, and it already has these stats:

Overall views: 442
Unique views: 66
Clicks: 8

Is this ideal for preloading an egg, or should I just keep trying to trade it off for a less-viewed counterpart?

Thank you so much in advance!

@KittyHawkMCThat's fine. It's a zyu so it has lots of room for error. I would aim at preloading the UV between 116-125 to minimize the chance of it hatching from clicks, then follow Lushwave's simplified guide for the actual exp to prevent extra outside views.

@Shadowdrake Thank you so much for the help! I hope I'm not clogging the thread by replying, haha. I'm preloading all my current experiments, will be back in around 4 days to update the thread with how it went! :D 

Thank you very much for sharing the experience! I've successful got a ND!:D It's a breed xol. It turn when Overall views: ~1,066 Unique views:~71 Clicks:3, my brother incubated it and its turned ~15s before die. I started to put it in 3 click sites and FART 10mins before its die, and remove them from click sites when ~60uv. It doesn't have enough time to hatch (s1~s2 only) so better to use a heavy-duty egg if solo. Good luck everyone!

Edited by D-wing

I made a neglected! My first in ages.  1,995/135

Two failures though. Everything went as normal for me. (As in wrong!)  I know it's me who can't get my head around things, but I put three different zyu's in FART with ToD. (all bred).

I put it to 20 instances and left the bottom rate at 0.25 seconds. I think they got too many views too soon for the first two so in I ended up taking them out of FART and put the last one in AoND along with two tabs of Neglected Auto refresher and it worked! So that's another I have without knowing how the heck I did it.

I have five more attempts tomorrow night!

27 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I think they got too many views too soon for the first two

My successes usually max OV in the first minute, so I'd say just leave it in, up the instances and make sure you don't have any overlapping exps in the future. I usually go 40-50 instances per exp these days.

Edited by Shadowdrake

25 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

My successes usually max OV in the first minute, so I'd say just leave it in, up the instances and make sure you don't have any overlapping exps in the future. I usually go 40-50 instances per exp these days.

Okay, I'll try that tomorrow, thanks.

Successful experiment!

Dragon breed → Zyumorph (Alpine/Black)

Statistics before ToD → 345 / 115 / 1

FART instances → 20 Adaptive

FART start → 2 minutes 15 seconds before ToD

Didn't need any hatcheries to help it hatch! I did miss the moment it turned, though. 💔