Kaini

Neglected Dragons

2 hours ago, Meruru said:

pardon me for asking but, what is FART? 🤣

i've noticed there a huge increase of NDs being traded when they were super rare, i thought someone was abusing a cheat or something,..

No cheats, just a very streamlined and optimized new AR, ideal for making NDs. Gives a very high rate of turning with the right setup.

working on my second exp! here’s to hoping it goes well! last one was midday, this one’s gonna be pretty late (12AM EST, which is.. 10PM for me. no big deal… i don’t ever sleep earlier than 2AM)

another zyu, though after this one i’ll probably try a different stubborn breed :) despite the initial nerves of the first experiment, this has been giving me things to do.

On 9/17/2022 at 11:44 PM, 0x08 said:

I got my second neglected dragon! :D

Here is some data:

Dragon breed → Brimstone

Statistics before ToD → 333 / 111 / 1

FART instances → 20 Adaptive

FART start → 1 minute 45 seconds before ToD

I have a second Brimstone egg lined up with the same stats, it will be ripe in a few days. Hopefully this same method will work!

So, you know how I used this method for the second time just a few days ago to get ND#3?

On 9/20/2022 at 8:34 PM, 0x08 said:

It worked again! I have my third neglected!

In my infinite wisdom, I assumed that if I did this a third time it would result in ND#4.

Well, it didn't! The egg turned, got stuck at crack 4 and died. It didn't have enough UVs to hatch. ND#2 must have been some kind of fluke, your guess is as good as mine.

But the story is not over. I also had a Zyumorph ready today—stats 375 / 124 / 1, same 3:1 OV/UV ratio that I'm accustomed to. I hadn't written down the seconds for its ToD though, so I had to improvise, and I also pulled up some hatchery ERs to throw the egg into when it turned. That did the trick, because I got my ND#4 in the end!

Conclusions:

• 111 UV is not enough for Brimstone-tier eggs. 115 might be better.
  • 124 (125) UV may not be enough for Zyumorph-tier eggs. 130 might be better.
Edited by 0x08

My Nhio exp is in a few hours. Nerves are starting to set in. It’s at 305/112/1 stat-wise. I’m definitely going to pull up some hatcheries to shove it into when it’s time.

EDIT— I’ve stuck both my exp eggs back into Allure’s regular daycare to boost their stats a bit, especially since my Zyu only had 115 OVs. It’s self-bred, but I’d rather be safe. It’s better if I only have to use FART than scramble to put it in enough hatcheries at the last few seconds; that’s what killed the egg I was casually experimenting on last week, which had also gotten stuck at crack S4 before dying.

EDIT 2– The Nhio egg is now up to 315/116/2 and fogged once again, hopefully that’ll be enough. I’ll be preparing Allure, Silvi’s, Valley Sherwood and Egg Drop Soup as a last resort just in case.

EDIT 3– I boosted the Zyu to 331/126/1, hopefully that’ll be plenty for a self bred egg. That one is tomorrow, definitely going to be setting up hatcheries for that one.

Edited by StarKaabi

8 hours ago, 0x08 said:

111 UV is not enough for Brimstone-tier eggs. 115 might be better.

Unfortunately, anywhere over 112-114 risks brimstone-tier eggs hatching normal (though they may range up to 125 uv), while neglected hatch requirements can range anywhere from 90 to possibly 117?* The new boundaries haven't been recorded. Having a hatchery open with the egg ready to be added is the best failsafe for turns that won't hatch, although most neglecteds will still hatch under 110 UV.

It doesn't matter what the breed was originally, as all neglecteds will hatch in the same range of UVs (minus the self-bred bonus). 130 is overkill for any neglected and in fact may risk a bred zyu hatching.

*This bigger range is a relatively recent change; neglecteds used to only need 105 max to hatch while brimstone-tiers would hatch under 115.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I’m prepared to disable view accumulation on FART if need be, since that’s apparently a feature. If it doesn’t hatch after turning I’ll re-enable them quickly. I might bounce my Zyu to a friend before the exp to knock off the self-bred bonus just in case.

Just four hours till the exp now. I’m worried but hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Unfortunately, anywhere over 112-114 risks brimstone-tier eggs hatching normal (though they may range up to 125 uv), while neglected hatch requirements can range anywhere from 90 to possibly 117?* The new boundaries haven't been recorded. Having a hatchery open with the egg ready to be added is the best failsafe for turns that won't hatch, although most neglecteds will still hatch under 110 UV.

It doesn't matter what the breed was originally, as all neglecteds will hatch in the same range of UVs (minus the self-bred bonus). 130 is overkill for any neglected and in fact may risk a bred zyu hatching.

*This bigger range is a relatively recent change; neglecteds used to only need 105 max to hatch while brimstone-tiers would hatch under 115.

This is good information, thank you. Next time I do an experiment, I won't be relying on just the autorefresher. I'll do as I did with the Zyumorph and throw the egg in hatcheries if needed.

Edited by 0x08

MY FIRST EXP WAS A SUCCESS HOLY HECK.

I stuck it in FART 2 minutes from ToD, disabled views when it got to s3 crack. Kept them disabled until timer hit 1 min, reenabled views until it got to s5 crack, then disabled them again and hoped for the best. Turned and insta-hatched about 30 seconds from death!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zBkkF

Super excited for tomorrow’s exp now, and I’ll be preparing an egg for next week as well!

1 hour ago, StarKaabi said:

MY FIRST EXP WAS A SUCCESS HOLY HECK.

I stuck it in FART 2 minutes from ToD, disabled views when it got to s3 crack. Kept them disabled until timer hit 1 min, reenabled views until it got to s5 crack, then disabled them again and hoped for the best. Turned and insta-hatched about 30 seconds from death!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zBkkF

Super excited for tomorrow’s exp now, and I’ll be preparing an egg for next week as well!

congrats! good luck on the one tomorrow!

1 hour ago, ednfall said:

congrats! good luck on the one tomorrow!

Thank you! Hoping for the best! ❤️

————

Got two more eggs to exp on next Saturday, a Brim and another Nhio, both CB this time. I’ll probably grab more from the AP if I see them as well in the meantime since I have less time to wait with those.

My second exp was another success! Another one that turned 30s before death and insta-hatched, without need for any hatcheries. This was my self-bred Zyu one, I refreshed it at 10 occurrences, got it to an S4 crack, disabled views and boosted occurrences to 50, and waited. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/2T1Mg

second experiment in an hour. hoping it goes well 😕 everything today has been kinda bleh... so, pretty anxious for this tonight!

UPDATE: so, it WAS a success! one that put me VERY MUCH on edge.. little guy waited until quite literally LAST second to turn. i thought i was gonna die from anxiety :x 

Edited by ednfall

Two more successes with AP eggs today! I’ve got another two eggs from the cave lined up for late tomorrow, so we’ll see how those go!

the guardian dragons i've had have been kinda tough to crack so i thought i'd be able to use it for my experiment, to my first success so far!

OVs were pretty low compared to UV (334 / 140 / 1) so that might've helped with not popping too early, but even if it did have over the recommended views the disable views option on FART helped secure the turn

now i'm building confidence to do experiments without relying on a catcher!

lots of love to this thread for making what seemed like an impossible task back then into a streamlined process 🥰

4 hours ago, Paarthurnax said:

Even if it did have over the recommended views the disable views option on FART helped secure the turn

That’s how I get mine! I get them to what I feel should be more than enough UVs to hatch a Neglected, AR them lightly several minutes before ToD to get them to about an S4 crack, then disable views and AR them heavily right up until their ToD. :D

So you used a Guardian? Interesting. I haven’t paid attention to the Guardians I’ve hatched, so I’ll have to add them to my list of “stubborn” breeds of egg. :0 

So far it seems I have Brimstones, Nhiostrifes, Luminae, Guardians, Zyus, Prizes, Guardian Avatars and GoNs down as stubborn types.

(although I’m not sure how many would actually try to turn a GoN since they’re such a pain to summon, aside from that one from 2018. I might try just to have an ND with just “Cave” as its location, but we’ll see, since I only just summoned my first GoN a couple days ago)

23 minutes ago, StarKaabi said:

So you used a Guardian? Interesting. I haven’t paid attention to the Guardians I’ve hatched, so I’ll have to add them to my list of “stubborn” breeds of egg. :0 

take my attempt with a grain of salt! i'll have to run a couple more tests to confirm the stubbornness of guardians as i'm not sure where on the stubborn meter they lie, or if they're actually stubborn at all

29 minutes ago, StarKaabi said:

(although I’m not sure how many would actually try to turn a GoN since they’re such a pain to summon, aside from that one from 2018. I might try just to have an ND with just “Cave” as its location, but we’ll see, since I only just summoned my first GoN a couple days ago)

GoN's pretty ambitious 😗💨 if you want another alternative cave location dragon, all the holidays rereleases are eligible for ND turning i'm pretty sure!

So, to prep the egg ahead of time (to get a base UV of 115 etc.) should the egg be placed into a hatchery and watched until it hits that number in unique views and then fogged, wait until 2-3 minutes prior to ToD and then auto refresh it to get it to change? Or will it gain too many OVs by being placed in the hatchery in ratio to its UVs? 

I have some experiments that'll hit in ~3 days, so I was wondering if I should try to get their views up now in preparation, or if I can worry about getting their base views up an hour prior to ToD? How do you guys do it? (Like, is it Get Egg, calculate ToD, Minimum UVs, Fog, wait 2-3 minutes befored ToD, Unfog, put in AR?)

9 hours ago, Mekiebi said:

So, to prep the egg ahead of time (to get a base UV of 115 etc.) should the egg be placed into a hatchery and watched until it hits that number in unique views and then fogged, wait until 2-3 minutes prior to ToD and then auto refresh it to get it to change? Or will it gain too many OVs by being placed in the hatchery in ratio to its UVs? 

I have some experiments that'll hit in ~3 days, so I was wondering if I should try to get their views up now in preparation, or if I can worry about getting their base views up an hour prior to ToD? How do you guys do it? (Like, is it Get Egg, calculate ToD, Minimum UVs, Fog, wait 2-3 minutes befored ToD, Unfog, put in AR?)

Definitely preload them in advance. OVs don’t really play a part in getting a turn, as an egg doesn’t even need to be actively accumulating views in order to turn, and your OVs will likely be capped through most of the exp anyway. You should be safe placing it in a hatchery or two until it gets the UVs you need, then removing and fogging the egg, as long as it stays out of any ERs before the exp if it’s at 4 days or below (which means avoid hatcheries such as Silvi’s Lair or Valley Sherwood that will ER a low time egg automatically - I use DragHatch and AoND for preloading my exps).

A “stubborn” breed of egg will still need over 1,000 OV to hatch if it’s at 110-120 UV, and leaving the egg in hatcheries to preload to about 115 UV should only net them around 300-500 OV.

If I were you, when it comes to the exp, I would refresh the egg ~5 min before ToD to get it to an S3 or S4 crack, then disable views on FART and keep them disabled for the rest of the exp. Refresh it at as high occurrences as your device/browser can handle starting around 2min ‘til ToD, and the egg should turn at around 30-40 seconds left and immediately hatch. Some eggs are more stubborn even within the same breed, but if it doesn’t hatch, the Neglected egg should still be at about an S5 crack, so you can quickly re-enable view accumulation to blast it - it should quickly hatch then (I had a stubborn turn the other day that I had to do that with, in fact that dragon just grew up a couple minutes ago, lol).

I don't recall guardians being particularly stubborn, though I only have one recorded data point that says they're might be maybe neglected level.

StarKaabi is right, all those tips will help make successful exps.

Regarding viewless experiments, however, I recommend getting the hang of regular, all-view experiments when you have the time. Viewless turns could be patched out at any time.

hi all, i just recently returned to the site after 10+ years. and i found that neglected is still a hot topic.

i would love some tips to kickstart my own neglected experiments (i really want them) and i am still relatively figuring out how the site used to work with the ERs and hatcheries.

i have seen @Shadowdrake's signature guide but i am still much confused. hope you all can give me more pointers or maybe some answers to my dumb questions below :

1. which common eggs from cave have been more successful for a turn into neglected? i intend to nap 1 cb at an hour mark for easier timing

2. all eggs have 7 days life right? should i nap 1 at thursday 3pm, means egg will die at next thursday 3pm?

3. fog/hide from moment of stealing, then unfog and ER at available hatcheries when its time of death is mere minutes away? any specific minutes? i am scared of whether the ER or FART can actually pull it off?

i actually have many more questions but i would love your replies. many thanks and cheers!

1 hour ago, hitme10 said:

which common eggs from cave have been more successful for a turn into neglected?

All standard-breed eggs are equally capable of turning. Though if you're looking for a successful solo, you need a stubborn (needs more views to be able to hatch) breed. Zyumorphs, Avatars, and Prize breeds are among the most stubborn, with Nhiostrifes, Brimstones, Fire Gems, Luminae, and Tetras being less stubborn but still ideal for the solo method. Exact details of the method should be outlined in Shadowdrake's "Solo runs" section.

all eggs have 7 days life right? should i nap 1 at thursday 3pm, means egg will die at next thursday 3pm?

Yes.

You can also Incubate to push the time of death forward by a day - in your example, if you Incubate the egg, the egg will die Wednesday at that exact time.

fog/hide from moment of stealing, then unfog and ER at available hatcheries when its time of death is mere minutes away? any specific minutes? i am scared of whether the ER or FART can actually pull it off?

Turning typically happens within the final minute. For a turn you can AR as low as one minute before death, but two or three minutes is what folks tend to stick with for safety.

FART is rather powerful, and has a high success rate. It's limit is ultimately up to the speed of your internet or performance of your computer, but even on moderate internet/performance you can score a turn. Ideally you should have multiple instances per egg (where the field says "1", bump that up to "10" for 10 times the refreshing)

For getting enough views to hatch (assuming you want to solo), you won't actually need hatcheries during the experiment - preloading to the egg breed's recommended amount (outlined in Shadowdrake's "Solo runs" section, under "Secret method") is enough. By the time the egg turns, it will instantly hatch anyway.

I wrote this guide in case it's less confusing for you.

@Lushwave hi and thank you for your advice and guide.

would like to clarify on a couple of your points in your guide :

1. Method 1 -> Add the egg to hatcheries and watch it closely. You want your egg to hit a certain amount of Unique Views before fogging it and leaving it alone.

Do I do this immediately (go to various ERs/hatcheries) after i steal the CB egg? Does it not affect whether the egg turns neglected if it already had views prior to its last minutes?              

2. Method 2 -> You need a catcher, so find a partner and sort things out. You may use a one-way or two-way teleport to catch; the former relies on your partner's speed, the latter on your own speed.

I forgotten how teleport works.  Assuming i just set up a 1 way transfer, then the 2nd user would just need to open the link? Any further actions required?

Thank you! I will give them a try as soon as i can.

9 hours ago, hitme10 said:

Do I do this immediately (go to various ERs/hatcheries) after i steal the CB egg? Does it not affect whether the egg turns neglected if it already had views prior to its last minutes?

You can preload as soon or as late as you want. Could be now, could be the day before the experiment. What matters is reaching that recommended UV range anytime before the experiment begins.

Views do not affect the turn chance at all - I've turned plenty of eggs with no views at all - but they let a solo be able to hatch after turning. However, getting too many views can lead to the egg hatching before it can even turn.

9 hours ago, hitme10 said:

Assuming i just set up a 1 way transfer, then the 2nd user would just need to open the link? Any further actions required?

If you set up a 1-way, you need to send your partner the link ahead of time, and your partner needs an eggslot free and needs to pay attention to the egg, accepting the teleport once the egg turns. There is nothing more to do on your end, other than to make sure your AR is still running. Keep in mind this only works if you have Incubated the egg beforehand.

Edited by Lushwave

I have been playing around with Solo Neglecteds for a couple of months now. Just turned my 8th one yesterday. Have been playing with the upper limits of preloaded UVs. My last 3 turned Zyus were preloaded with 128, 129, and 131 UVs, respectively. I've been using FART exclusively, with no hatcheries involved during the turning process. And starting FART at 2 minute til TOD. The last one really surprised me. The egg capped OVs within the first 30 seconds, cracked once and sat with one crack for the last minute and a half but, with a couple of seconds to spare, instahatched. 

I tried 120 UVs for a Brimstone, but it never cracked nor turned and ultimately died before I could abandon it. With Brimstones, I've had good success with 116 UVs. As they say, your mileage may vary. Not sure if there are any other variables that I (or we) are not aware of? 

On 10/8/2022 at 5:29 PM, KatieCeee said:

Not sure if there are any other variables that I (or we) are not aware of?

I would emphasize the importance of high refresh rates; with FART in particular that means setting a high amount of Instances and a low or Adaptive refresh timer. What settings do you use? As a sidenote, while FART lets you input a maximum of 10 instances as you add an egg, you can later edit that amount at the bottom of the page to be even higher; I seldom do less than 15-20 per egg. It also helps to have others AR along with you, further multiplying the refresh power

What OV was your 120UV Brimstone at, if you remember? I couldn't find an egg like that on your scroll. If it didn't crack at all, it's likely either the AR was not operational or you AR'ed quite late.