Kaini

Neglected Dragons

I should get back into experimenting wah. Work has been so busy. What are we soloing with these days, still Zyus?

I know there are a few experiments going on but I'm still using 2G  Zyus.   I tried a couple of Brimstones but couldn't get past the green egg.  FART has been a Godsend.  I'm now the proud owner of 62 (not all made by me, or indeed me knowing what I was doing!) with another 5 attempts for Saturday morning.  I do feel the imposter syndrome somewhat though, as I'm limited  to the said Zyus and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the success without FART! (I'm too greedy to collect more to try different experiments)!

You can turn any ND-able breed with FART and with some fine-tuning on the UVs and Vs it's possible to solo them too. Soloing is still easier with zyus and tougher eggs.

Screenshot(84).png.58002ea6eb74a6ce7512f4df1d69135f.png

These were at 120-ish OV, but before starting the experiment I tried inching up the OV with a slow AR, to see how far along I can get before the big hole. They wound up at this amount for stage 4 cracking, seven times the amount of UV. So perhaps that's the "safe" upper bound if anyone ever tries this method.

Screenshot(85).png.47c83f19c37b2f8cbfcd1112ea074b06.png

They both succeeded, but the latter one actually quite narrowly - it wouldn't even hatch at 107 UV. Needed emergency hatcheries to bump it a bit.

Long time scroll owner, ND n00b here, trying to make my first NDs because I have everything else on my scroll except them (and zombies, which I'll start on this upcoming Halloween).  I read this thread to learn what to do and bred a white and a black Zyu last week.  I incubated/gendered them and recorded their precise time of birth; they're set to go just around ten tonight.  I plan to do the solo instant hatch method.

Yesterday I preloaded the eggs up to 120 UVs.  However, while getting up to 120, they got a lot more OVs than I'm seeing on other eggs that have been successfully turned.  Now I'm worried that they won't work because of too many OVs.  Any opinions? 

I was planning to put them on the chazza.me FART at 2 minutes before TOD, set to 20 instances.  I was also going to have them ready to enter into the ND, Draghatch, and Silvi hatchery ERs if they hadn't turned after about a minute and a half.  Will I need to do anything else?  Also I was wondering, assuming I get any live births, will I need to hide the hatchlings after to keep them from getting sick?

Thanks in advance.  🙂

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 8.33.50 AM.png

Edited by Cara_Chapel
fixed punctuation

I don't do many of that type of experiment (and the ones I've done have all been brimstones) but yeah... that looks a little high to be starting. I'd just use FART, I don't know if it'll need more to turn and they're about ready to hatch as ND. 

3 hours ago, Cara_Chapel said:

However, while getting up to 120, they got a lot more OVs than I'm seeing on other eggs that have been successfully turned.  Now I'm worried that they won't work because of too many OVs. 

An exp will usually max out OV at the start anyway, so don't worry about it. Those numbers should work fine.

3 hours ago, Cara_Chapel said:

I was also going to have them ready to enter into the ND, Draghatch, and Silvi hatchery ERs if they hadn't turned after about a minute and a half. 

Don't do this, you'll just risk them hatching without turning. Hatcheries are best used only for more UVs; FART should be fast enough to turn them eventually if you have reliable internet. Zyus have a big enough margin of safety that they don't need hatcheries during the exp. 

The hatchies will probably never get sick because they're already 6 days old when they hatch.

44 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

An exp will usually max out OV at the start anyway, so don't worry about it. Those numbers should work fine.

Don't do this, you'll just risk them hatching without turning. Hatcheries are best used only for more UVs; FART should be fast enough to turn them eventually if you have reliable internet. Zyus have a big enough margin of safety that they don't need hatcheries during the exp. 

The hatchies will probably never get sick because they're already 6 days old when they hatch.

Thank you so much for the advice!  :D  I'll just put them on the FART then.  🙂  My internet is pretty good and pretty fast.  ^_^  I'll post again after I try and let you know how it went!

1 hour ago, egwenna said:

I don't do many of that type of experiment (and the ones I've done have all been brimstones) but yeah... that looks a little high to be starting. I'd just use FART, I don't know if it'll need more to turn and they're about ready to hatch as ND. 

Thanks for the advice!  :D  I'll avoid hatcheries... I'm so excited and nervous, LOL! I can't wait for it to be time to try this.

Edited by Cara_Chapel
because I replied twice like the n00b I am

I had one success and one failure.  For some reason, the FART did not start for over a minute on the first egg I attempted, and it didn't get enough of whatever it needed as a result.  The second one turned and hatched right before dying.  I'm going to keep trying until I get a pair!  :D  Thanks for the help ❤️

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 10.13.03 PM.png

17 hours ago, Cara_Chapel said:

I had one success and one failure.  For some reason, the FART did not start for over a minute on the first egg I attempted, and it didn't get enough of whatever it needed as a result.  The second one turned and hatched right before dying.  I'm going to keep trying until I get a pair!  :D  Thanks for the help ❤️

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 10.13.03 PM.png

Congrats!!

I don't suppose anyone wants to catch a ND experiment Friday, 12:16:40 central daylight time (i.e. two days, less nine minutes, from when this was posted), do y'all? I'm also asking on the official Dragcave Discord, but I figured I'd try here. I can breed Reds, and can try to breed Pinks and Purples, in exchange for your time. Heck, if it doesn't turn, you can keep the hatchie- it's a CB Canopy.

Edited by Fishkeeper

2 hours ago, Fishkeeper said:

I don't suppose anyone wants to catch a ND experiment Friday, 12:16:40 central daylight time (i.e. two days, less nine minutes, from when this was posted), do y'all? I'm also asking on the official Dragcave Discord, but I figured I'd try here. I can breed Reds, and can try to breed Pinks and Purples, in exchange for your time. Heck, if it doesn't turn, you can keep the hatchie- it's a CB Canopy.

If you haven't found anyone yet, I should be available at that time, just remind me a bit earlier.

I have not found anyone! By any chance do you have a Discord username you'd be willing to share in DMs? I imagine being able to communicate instantly is good for this.

Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I'm starting to experiment with non stubborn eggs and I'm little conflicted about the amount of UV needed to successfully turn them using just FART.

Last week I got a ND from a brimstone. I preloaded it with 116 UV but it didn't turn in the first minute, so I panicked and unchecked the "disable views". It successfully auto hatched as soon as it maxed its OV. I got a lumina and I gonna try to turn it tomorrow with 116 UVs, since it is considered stubborn I would try to replicate the situation. Should I just wait for it to turn even if it has gone beyond the 1 minute mark? 

I am planning to try the method on a non stubborn and wondering...

a) is 107 enough to get it to turn? 

b) is 110 too much?

c) does incubation affect the amount of UV needed?

Thank you so much, hopefully I made my self clear since English is not my native language.

@Lushwave can probably answer better regarding disable views FART turns. However, negs only turn in the very final minute, and mine frequently wait for the last 30 seconds, so I would wait at least that much.

2 hours ago, helenik said:

b) is 110 too much?

1) You don't need any views or UV to make it turn, so what's important is figuring out how many UV you can give without it hatching. If you're doing teleport method you don't need any UV.

2) Regular eggs will usually hatch at 70-90 UV maxed views. If you're trying to solo it, I suspect you'll need to give it more UV with way less OV and use that disabled views button during the experiment.

3) I haven't noticed any difference.

UVs are important to make a neglected hatch in time, however I don't know how fast ERs are for UVs these days.

10 hours ago, helenik said:

b) is 110 too much?

Like Shad said, there is no amount that "prevents" turns, because views are not a factor in turning, it's the rate of refreshing. Views control the hatching aspect, particularly whether or not the egg will not hatch too early or too late.

For nonstubborn solo-ing, both amounts you stated are fine IMO. If your egg has 107-110 UV, then it is in no danger of hatching too early to turn if it also just has 107-110 OV, or a likewise low amount. Same if it somehow reaches 120 or even 150 UV. But it will be in such danger if its OV is maxed prior to turning. That's why, during ARing, turning views on only after it turns is crucial to this method working. You need that wide room between your current OV amount and the OV cap to hatch your newly neglected egg on time.

11 hours ago, helenik said:

Based on how hatching thresholds lower over time, it might. But the difference is probably minimal enough that it's not noticeable, nor will it affect your experimenting. In short, maybe don't worry about it.

Thank you so much to both of you!!!! I'll take this info into consideration for future experiments.

I struggle to keep OV:UV ratio close enough, most of the time I manage to keep it 2:1... Guess I need to find a method to keep it even lower. 

Hopefully I would figure it out soon! 

2 hours ago, helenik said:

I struggle to keep OV:UV ratio close enough, most of the time I manage to keep it 2:1...

2:1 or more is fine, lushwave's tests got up to 6-7:1 before they almost hatched.

5 hours ago, Lushwave said:

A most fantastic run today!

Screenshot(78).png.85e240c9fcf75b3ccb5eadd52b39b686.png

Screenshot(79).png.4541d9727a603651771b3e7e87d86a24.png

Gasps at lightstreak ND !

OMG i did it!!!!!! :blink:

image.png.e9f68a455a4234915553d2f236401b5c.png

I started with a Brimstone with OV:260 UV:124 C:2

I followed the idea of this thread of using FART with "Disable Views" checked until the egg turns, and the little guy hatched 5s before its ToD. They gave me a heart attack but I love them eheh

I started trying for a ND in 2014 (admittedly without knowing what I was doing), never turned anything and gave up. Tried again a couple of times in 2020, but still no green little guys. I managed to do some trading with a couple of kind souls to get some, but still, it was not the same.

Then I found FART (LOL why) in someone's signature in the forum and decided to try again last week: I failed 4 times, but they turned before dying! This gave me hope. They were all non-heavyweight breeds, so next time I used a Brimstone, following this thread's tips. And I did it! Alone, without using teleport. I'm so happy guys  : ' )  :wub:

Thanks to everyone who joined forces to create this thread, really! Now that I know I can do it I'll try again and again and build an army :nyan:

Another great run. I think I got the method pretty solid.

Screenshot-2023-06-09T223025_960.png.b12cded9e761c0908f9daefa4fae8b04.png

Screenshot-2023-06-09T231129_341.png.3e8fdc42417ebca340ff89ff9e51b159.png

Have any settings changed in FART, please?  Asking because I'd got to the stage where I knew exactly what to do for my 2G Zyumorph successes.  I've done exactly the same as I always do for a batch tonight and got just one out of five with none of the failures getting any further than stage two, which I know should be able to neglect it.   For my last two, I ended up giving them almost five minutes, and still they wouldn't budge.   I also had eight neglected auto refreshers going.  The only thing I've ever changed was the adaptive rate.  I found it more successful at 50, rather than mid 40's. Something's gone wrong and I don't know what.