Kaini

Neglected Dragons

3 hours ago, Quinney said:

Have any settings changed in FART, please?  Asking because I'd got to the stage where I knew exactly what to do for my 2G Zyumorph successes.  I've done exactly the same as I always do for a batch tonight and got just one out of five with none of the failures getting any further than stage two, which I know should be able to neglect it.   For my last two, I ended up giving them almost five minutes, and still they wouldn't budge.   I also had eight neglected auto refreshers going.  The only thing I've ever changed was the adaptive rate.  I found it more successful at 50, rather than mid 40's. Something's gone wrong and I don't know what.

Nothing has changed with FART.  There were of course some UI updates recently, but they won't have affected its functionality.

If anything, having multiple FARTs open will probably harm your chances as your device is having to do more work. It's possible there's a problem with your connection or some throttling going on from DC's side if you really are hammering DC's server - and it sounds like you are? - the only thing I can suggest for the latter is that you reduce your instances and/or space out your experiments.

8 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

Nothing has changed with FART.  There were of course some UI updates recently, but they won't have affected its functionality.

If anything, having multiple FARTs open will probably harm your chances as your device is having to do more work. It's possible there's a problem with your connection or some throttling going on from DC's side if you really are hammering DC's server - and it sounds like you are? - the only thing I can suggest for the latter is that you reduce your instances and/or space out your experiments.

I only ever have one FART open, the rest are neglected auto refreshers.   FART aside, I always understood that you couldn't throw too much at the egg?   Oh well, it'll be interesting to see what happens next time! Thanks for verifying.  Knowing my luck, I dropped a bunch of stubborn ones!

6 hours ago, Quinney said:

the rest are neglected auto refreshers.  

That sounds like a bad idea. Aond's refreshers are the exact same as FART, only slower and inferior. If you have that many tabs open it's taking resources aware from making FART go as fast as it can. 

6 hours ago, Quinney said:

I always understood that you couldn't throw too much at the egg?

Many websites have safety throttling if someone is refreshing or loading pages insanely fast, as that's a way to drag down the website by bad actors. But in your case you probably haven't been refreshing terribly fast given your browser might have throttled FART for the other refreshes instead.

Hey! Not sure if this is the right place but I have a cb brimstone egg that hatches around 5:16-5:18am cave time on Friday.

Time doesn’t really work for me anymore, was wondering if anyone was interested in swapping eggs? I should be able to do any cave evening time (7pm-12am), let me know! 

Had one experiment gain views "accidentally" (was still in Egg Drop from previous owner I assume) before my experiment began while I was setting things up. Luckily caught it in time and the egg still turned but these were the stats before exp started: 

1)  97    22    2

Ended with these results:

2) Turned: 1,062 |  74  | 3 - At exactly the final minute; started exp 5min before ToD. Accidental views accrued about ~15-20min before actual experiment.

Anyone up for refreshing my rusty memory on how many views you should preload a non-stubborn egg with for a solo exp? I believe ND hatching threshold is ~105 UV if I’m not mistaken, unless something has change, but I’m quite sure that would be more than enough for a non-stubborn egg to hatch within its final hour even with notably low OV. I’m aiming for an ND with a Cave biome at some point soon (most likely for Christmas seeing as it’s a bit late for Halloween and I forgot to grab an egg for neglecting from the Halloween cave on the last day of the event - oops!) but I don’t believe we’ve any stubborn holiday breeds.

If it helps, with my normal exps involving stubborn eggs, I generally gently AR it via FART until it hits about S4-S5 around 5 minutes before ToD, then blast it with view accumulation disabled in the last two minutes~minute and a half, with only two failures (one of which was due to getting distracted past the egg’s ToD and never getting to the exp and the other, most likely internet issues).

(At worst, I’ll get rid of one of my GoNs and try to summon another for standard stubborn egg neglecting, haha)

@StarKaabi You can probably find a few cb Halloween eggs still in ap, since they're only on the 30th. I recommend making use of FART's no views refresh. Here's steps for how I usually do it:

1) pick up cb egg, time it.

2) give it views slowly, with a low UV:V ratio, until it has between 116 UV to 130 UV and less than 400 OV. Strongly recommend using AOND's non ER hatchery. Keep out of ERs or only place for a few minutes at most to minimize OVs

3) During EXP, turn on Disable Views setting so it won't hatch prematurely. Use ~25-50 instances at .25 refresh interval. 

4) When it turns, turn off Disable Views so it can hatch. This should take only ~10 seconds or less to pop.

Edited by Shadowdrake

21 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

@StarKaabi You can probably find a few cb Halloween eggs still in ap, since they're only on the 30th. I recommend making use of FART's no views refresh. Here's steps for how I usually do it:

1) pick up cb egg, time it.

2) give it views slowly, with a low UV:V ratio, until it has between 116 UV to 130 UV and less than 400 OV. Strongly recommend using AOND's non ER hatchery. Keep out of ERs or only place for a few minutes at most to minimize OVs

3) During EXP, turn on Disable Views setting so it won't hatch prematurely. Use ~25-50 instances at .25 refresh interval. 

4) When it turns, turn off Disable Views so it can hatch. This should take only ~10 seconds or less to pop.

Awesome, that sounds brilliant! Thanks for the help as always!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/w7CeM

Well, that sucks. Only my second failure, too, and my first turned failure - died at an S3 crack. Apparently FART didn’t want to give it views even after I unticked the “disable views” box once it turned. :(

Oh well, there’s always next time!

Edited by StarKaabi

So funny story, but I was just trying to catch Halloweens from the AP to hatch and release when apparently I started hitting the TOD for most of them. I had my first turn happen unintentionally! Unfortunately it died immediately after :(

Immediately went and found the FART and started loading the dying eggs as I was catching them. By the time I quit yesterday, none of them survived, but I ended up turning 5 eggs and somehow got a ND hatchie (who died upon hatching, sadly). 

Maybe once my scroll clears, I’ll try this intentionally and see what happens ;) 

1 hour ago, Firedda said:

SBy the time I quit yesterday, none of them survived, but I ended up turning 5 eggs and somehow got a ND hatchie (who died upon hatching, sadly). 

Odd that the hatchling died immediately if it did indeed hatch, since once an egg hatches the timer immediately resets to 7 days. All I can think is that the egg must have hatched right on the very last second of its life before the game could register that it had actually hatched, maybe? Strange.

That's tragic. I've seen that happen before but it wasn't on a dragon anyone owned; I agree it must have been the lag that caused it to die at the moment it turned. Better luck on your intentional exps!

On 11/8/2023 at 2:31 PM, Firedda said:

(who died upon hatching, sadly).

Have you attempted a revive? Still that is odd. 

@Firedda aww thats a shame. Hope you have better luck next time.

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

16 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Have you attempted a revive? Still that is odd. 

I didn’t even think of that!

Just tried, and sadly it disintegrated. 

Hopefully the next one won’t have such a sad ending 

First ever Neglected attempt and it was a success!

Started with a CB Brimstone.  Forgot to record what I preloaded it with exactly, it ended up something around 400-500 OVs and 100-110 UVs, and 2 clicks.  Ended with 1676 OVs, 112 UVs, 2 clicks.  Turned within the last 10 or so seconds.  Hatched around 2 seconds to ToD.

Did it solo using FART and had a hatchery pulled up as well for the last second in case it looked like it might not turn.

Deeeeefinitly gonna see about making more in the future~

(Say, as a question--if you influence the egg first, does the influence stick once it turns ND?)

Edited by KageSora

8 hours ago, KageSora said:

Say, as a question--if you influence the egg first, does the influence stick once it turns ND?)

It does. If it stays on your scroll (a solo) it'll be the influence, but if you teleport after turning it becomes ungendered.

Hey! I tried creating a neglected from a Zyu, but it died. The paradox is that it died as a hatchling!! How's that possible, if it just hatched? Obviously it couldn't have died of sickness. image.png.310b042cb6a44ca1bfb69af52bc3e17f.png

3 hours ago, Cinnamonear said:

Hey! I tried creating a neglected from a Zyu, but it died. The paradox is that it died as a hatchling!! How's that possible, if it just hatched? Obviously it couldn't have died of sickness. image.png.310b042cb6a44ca1bfb69af52bc3e17f.png

Ahhh that's really unlucky, lag killed it before it updated as a hatchling. I've never seen this happen when the site wasn't struggling with holiday lag tho... It must have hatched at the very last possible second.

Got a second one!  2 for 2 now!

Started as a Brimstone, around 100-150 OVs and 100-120 UVs, 0 clicks.  Ended with 217 OVs, 126 UVs, and 1 click.

Forgot to record the seconds it was caught, but turned with under a minute left and I ended up forcing it via EQ since I wasn't 100% sure how long it had and I had a Canto to turn

saw a trade recently in which someone was offering a neglected egg that still had ~22h left. anyone know how that's possible? i was surprised, i thought they only turned in the last couple minutes :0

15 hours ago, raigr said:

saw a trade recently in which someone was offering a neglected egg that still had ~22h left. anyone know how that's possible? i was surprised, i thought they only turned in the last couple minutes :0

I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing the only way to do that is to wait for an egg to turn neglected and then use the Stun BSA on it, giving it a day of extra time but preventing it from gaining views for 2 days. So that egg is basically doomed to die.

If that's the case: What a **** move putting that in the trade centre!

Edited by purpledragonclaw

On 12/12/2023 at 4:43 AM, Zonnedauw said:

I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing the only way to do that is to wait for an egg to turn neglected and then use the Stun BSA on it, giving it a day of extra time but preventing it from gaining views for 2 days. So that egg is basically doomed to die.

If that's the case: What a -removed- move putting that in the trade centre!

you can’t use stun on eggs, only hatchlings. 

@raigrthe experiment was done with an incubated egg that was teleported to a designated catcher once it turned green. teleport removes the incubate bsa, therefore giving the neglected egg another day. 

Edited by Kaini