TJ09

2019-07-21 - July Dragon Release

5 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

They were, they just got updated after being hidden in CL so they do look different from their original CL version.

Ooh. O_O That's really neat to know! (Both for being from CL, and because it means my memory isn't as terrible as I tend to assume, after all!) Thanks for the info!

They are a repurposed Halloween, yep

Ahhh! They both look lovely!

And hurrah for the return of the Glowbacks! Even more stunning now!

Thank you spriters and TJ!

On a side note:

Pygmy Breeding discussion, yes?

Oh wow these are lovely! I like the wyverns a lot but the pygmies are so sweet too.

I'm enjoying the look of these. Hopefully the pairs I have won't refuse each other so it'll be easy enough to obtain hatchlings for freezing

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It's been reported in Grammer Patrol. Doubt it will ever be changed. Most issues aren't, even when reported.

🤔 You can't see hidden posts, but that thread is a graveyard of fixed typos.

These dragons look very nice.  Not surprisingly, they would fit well with previous Halloween dragons.

I noticed that they have names now.  This is also a nice touch.

And now we can start a debate about whether it is appropriate for the male to be called something and for the female to be called "girl something".  I expect some interesting comments about gender equality and so on...  Flame on!  😈

6 hours ago, Bugzilla said:

And now we can start a debate about whether it is appropriate for the male to be called something and for the female to be called "girl something".  I expect some interesting comments about gender equality and so on...  Flame on!  😈

They're both called Luminox wyverns. What are you talking about?

29 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

They're both called Luminox wyverns. What are you talking about?

Bugzilla is probably referring to the Thuwed names. There can't be two dragons with identical names on the site, so when there are two adult sprites, TJ usually names the male adult "[breed name] Dragon" in Saurian and the female one "Girl [breed name] Dragon" in Saurian.

Edited by Mewtie

The adults look amazing! Love the colors of the Glowback Pygmies and the Luminox Wyverns look really cool! Not surprised they're repurposed Halloween dragons because that's the first thing I thought of when I saw them ^^ I'm especially in love with the female Luminox, she's lovely ❤️ 

I've been rethinking the Luminoxes lately, I still despise the male Luminox but the female looks cool enough that I'll be collecting them. But I'll make sure to influence all CBs I catch to be female.

Glowback pygmies -- still amazing! I love those colors so much!

Ooh, very interesting new dragons! :D I can't wait to see the pairings people come up with.

4 hours ago, Sazandora said:

I've been rethinking the Luminoxes lately, I still despise the male Luminox but the female looks cool enough that I'll be collecting them. But I'll make sure to influence all CBs I catch to be female.

Glowback pygmies -- still amazing! I love those colors so much!

Saying you "despise" a sprite isn't very nice...

Cool looking adults, good job spriters! :) It's always good to have even more breeds to work with and new pygmies are a complete win, I remember these guys from DR! 

Edited by stagazer_7

Glowstick rave dragon theme release aw yis

look at those wee litebrites. Look at those bioluminescent murder chickens. We are blessed

Edited by Marrionetta

I love the little shiny babies. Probably my favorite pygmy!

28 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Saying you "despise" a sprite isn't very nice...

Well, excuse me for not feeling like sugarcoating my words and making it seem like I only "mildly dislike" a thing. People can have whatever opinions they want to have, this isn't a hugbox where people can come to and be totally immune to any and all criticism. Perhaps I was too harsh in that one, but again -- dislike was not a strong-enough word to express my feelings. If you want me to put it nicer, then I guess I was "extremely disappointed" by what I saw. But I am not going to take back what I said.

@Marrionetta I can't help it if people can't take criticism. I can be kind if I want to, and this time I did not feel like it because I felt more than just a little disappointed. People have said worse things about stuff than what I said here.

But I've said my piece so I'll leave it at that. People can think of it what they want, I don't care. It's just life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Sazandora

Saying "i despise this sprite" isnt criticism tho, it's just pointless bashing. Not sure what ur trying to accomplish with that other than make people upset.

Look at these cool dudes :D I love them! They're so unique. Not everyone likes different flavors of unique and that's okay, but I would hope that we could all be cordial about it anyway! 

Let's just be mindful of each other, friends. 

For me if even I dislike the sprite I try to be not too harsh. I love both breeds. Always I try to imagine them "in HD" as I like to say, and some flaws in sprite don't bother me. But I get your point! :) As an artist, I can say that not every drawing I make is my the best drawing, but despite that I can say that both Luminox sprite are beautiful and pretty well done.

I'll collect of all these. It's nice that I can see updated Glowbacks. I would love to see again the sprites that were initially in CL to see exactly the progress.

Goodjob, spriters and writers!

Oh yeah, did the concept artists have any additional info to share? 

3 hours ago, Malcorium said:

Saying "i despise this sprite" isnt criticism tho, it's just pointless bashing. Not sure what ur trying to accomplish with that other than make people upset.

While you weren't talking to me, I feel the need to say something. With pretty much any new releases, some people aren't going to like them. And this forum has a habit of trying to shut down any and all negative responses to sprites. What is someone trying to 'accomplish' when they say something negative? The exact same thing the positive posts are trying to 'accomplish': expressing their opinion. Which everyone *should* be allowed to do. There are *tons* of people in this thread posting positive/happy/etc reactions, and no one asks them what they are trying to accomplish. People should be able to express negative reactions just as much as positive reactions. 

Anyways. The more I look at the stage2 hatchie for the Luminox, the more I think I'll be freezing quite a few of them. Looking at them on my phone shows me more of the detail and they just look so awesome. They almost seem to have a little smirk in their expression.

I mean, a real human person worked very hard on those sprites and coming in saying "I hate it" is a pretty horrible thing to say.

You can say "I dont care for it" "it's not my thing" etc but to come in and say "I despise this" is, not to sugarcoat my words, being an *******. it's not criticism, it's being rude.

Screenshot_20190725-210247_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Rythen