TJ09

2019-07-21 - July Dragon Release

I especially like the female sprites of these new breeds. Good job!

Already considering what to pair these with, uwu

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

oh man, the Luminox description just makes me wanna grab a blanket and curl up next to one. Cozy dragons ftw. ^_^

Oh yes! I love the general idea of human-friendly dragons, cuddly dragons, etc. I'm totally big on cuddles irl and curling up next to a warm dragon sounds awesome.

Huh, the female Glowback’s sprite was updated since it went into the CL. Both breeds look nice.

13 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

they look nice

anyone else see the Male wyvern wearing a party hat?

.... Well *now* I do! lol 

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I like the luminox male best of the four. He kind of looks like he's wearing a party hat! XD

20 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

they look nice

anyone else see the Male wyvern wearing a party hat?

Apparently so. XD

hey, great release! Love all the sprites here. Colors on the pygmies are great and it's super cool to see more variety in head and horn shape from the Luminox!

Both of these releases are alright but I hope that these are the last glowing eggs we'll get for a long while. I don't hate glowing as a concept but it's kinda played out at this point.

5 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Both of these releases are alright but I hope that these are the last glowing eggs we'll get for a long while. I don't hate glowing as a concept but it's kinda played out at this point.

I agree. Glowing dragons are definitely pretty, but hunting becomes a confusing mess when every other egg is "glowing" or "radiant/radiating." 

Congrats to the spriters! I'm especially happy to see that the Glowbacks made it into the cave. I would really love to have more DR releases in the future as there's so much talent to be found in that section.

I do think the Luminox description should be "not unlike sitting by a fire," rather than "not indifferent to sitting by a fire." It would make more sense.

i don't know if this has been said before or if it even matters, but "indifferent" means to not have any interest in something one way or another. what was probably meant for the luminox description was "dissimilar", as in, "This enchanted heat creates a bubble of warmth around the dragon, not dissimilar to sitting by a fire". (or alternatively just, "similar to sitting by a fire")

i think both dragons are real neat and i can see myself using both of them in lineages. the concept of the luminox is real sweet, i love when dragons get involved with the local culture within the lore

4 minutes ago, Tehpikachu said:

i don't know if this has been said before or if it even matters, but "indifferent" means to not have any interest in something one way or another. what was probably meant for the luminox description was "dissimilar", as in, "This enchanted heat creates a bubble of warmth around the dragon, not dissimilar to sitting by a fire". (or alternatively just, "similar to sitting by a fire")

It's been reported in Grammer Patrol. Doubt it will ever be changed. Most issues aren't, even when reported.

I like both dragons a lot, but the male wyvern has a bit stiff pose. Besides that I do love colors and shape, also the concept is nice

The Luminox were a Halloween concept, right ? Or at least their description and looks leave that impression for me. I would have absolutely loved to get them at Halloween, they would've been my second favourite right after the Shadows. I adore their whole description (well, apart from the "indifferent"/"unlike" technicality). The lively personality, amazing lights  and aura of comfort remind me of all the fun you can have during the early autumn dusk/dark with lanterns and bonfires. Fearsome to look at at first, with their black eyes and murderous beaks and talons - and then they spread their wings, and laugh, and bring warmth and cheer and marvellous lights. Just love it. (Apparently you don't have to be a child to be enraptured by them. ;))

The good news of them being a regular release: This way they can breed all year round ! Yay ! :lol:

The Glowbacks are really adorable, especially due to their cute ears ! Also, really beautiful sprites ! So in Valkemare/Galsreim no one will be very impressed by fireflies - not if you have ever seen the nightly dance of the rainbow pygmies ! :)

Thank you, TJ and the spriters, for a great release that brings more colour and magic (and fluff!) to the world of DC !

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Wow, they all present themselves with such elegant poses! The pygmies are fire and added to my favorites, and the way the luminox male looks like he's getting ready to pluck a fish out of the river like a kingfisher or something is really brilliant!

oh wow, just now saw the adults and fell in love with the Luminox instantly, thinking VULTURES!! XD Was that a Halloween dragon design perhaps? (I should read back, probably this has been talked about already lol) The Glowbacks are very cute and the rainbow colors are gorgeous when you zoom in, unfortunately they can't be really seen on these little ones ❤️

The female Luminox is gorgeous. ❤️ Definitely getting stuffed into my list of favourites. Thanks a bunch, Infinis and Pixxelation!

Were the Glowbacks on the Completed List at some point, by any chance? They seem familiar, though I can imagine that's just my brain playing tricks on me. (The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'm confusing them with something else that was also going for a neon glowy back from years ago that was probably not a pygmy, though.)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It's been reported in Grammer Patrol. Doubt it will ever be changed. Most issues aren't, even when reported.

lmao you right though. such is playing this game

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

The female Luminox is gorgeous. ❤️ Definitely getting stuffed into my list of favourites. Thanks a bunch, Infinis and Pixxelation!

Were the Glowbacks on the Completed List at some point, by any chance? They seem familiar, though I can imagine that's just my brain playing tricks on me. (The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'm confusing them with something else that was also going for a neon glowy back from years ago that was probably not a pygmy, though.)

They were, they just got updated after being hidden in CL so they do look different from their original CL version.