TJ09

2019-07-21 - July Dragon Release

What it really comes down to is, its fine not to like them. We all have any number of dragons we don't care for, that's just how exiting as your own person works. Its not fine to essentially come into their home and tell them they wasted hours of work because you don't like it. And I'm so tired of seeing this happen every time there's a release, I ignore the release threads because of this. Yes the forums are for everyone, but release threads, that's where the artists are looking when their dragon drops.

Focus on what you like, not what you dislike. Maybe you hate all the sprites except one, just say 'x is my favorite of this set!' and leave it at that. Or even just focus on someone you know that loves them. Whenever we have a pygmy egg I get super excited, not because I will particularly enjoy them, but because I have a friend that loves the pygmys.

Because in the end, voicing you don't like it isn't going to change the sprites. They very rarely get updated, and that's only at the spriters request. There's nothing to be accomplished by pointing out any flaws or how much you don't like something besides making the artist feel bad. That's all that gets accomplished. Is it really that hard for people to go 'ehh not my style' internally and just go about their day. Besides using up eggslots because of a new release, how does it affect you? If you really don't want to waste eggslots on something you won't like, wait for the adults to bother grabbing any eggs. Complain in private if you must.

I love all the poses on these guys! Especially the baby wyvern and female pygmy!

They are your thoughts and you're entitled to them. However if you don't care the weight of your words you're the one who was raised badly honestly. How can expect people to passively accept your rude behaviour i don't know.

I'm personally very grateful to people putting effort in this game. It shows determination and consistency to put all of this up for more than 10 years straight. There are things i would try to change, but the approach to do so is everything. I wonder for example if it would be healty for the site to own the rights of sprites and purchase them from artist in order to be completely  free of changing, modifying, removing or relasing them as pleased.

BTW going back to the dragons. I really love the palette on pigmies. They grew on me even more then when i first saw them XD And Luminox sprites are cool, they remind me spirit ward dragons for some reason. 

6 hours ago, Mewtie said:

As a bonus, here is a little sprite I made of a Glowback Pygmy's head. :3

ddcjxmp-96bce003-c18c-4ff7-8df5-9d1a87b4

Regarding usage:

*squee!* Omg that head is just adorable. I love when spriters show extra sprites/sketches/etc, I think the bigger stuff can add so much when it comes to how I see the regular sprite. Those eyes, for instance, while barely visible on the sprite, here they are vibrant and they really draw my eyes to them. 

love the little sprited head, also cool to see the comparison between the old and new adult female! good redo

At this rate, I'm going to have a list of dragons that some people love and I'm not too fond of.  The one that springs to mind is Khusas, and the Luminox Wyvern females are another case.  (Actually, I wonder how they would look together.  Hm.)

KhusaxLuminox.png.22a4dde12042dc25c77b3b9ce0955ddc.png

Okay, I think the colors may not work well together- you have to strain to see the Khusa's light feathers against the background, but the Luminox really stands out.  Nonetheless, the styles look nice together to me, like they sort of balance each other, which a slim-shiny-smooth dragon (like maybe Gemshard?  I dunno) might not do.

I understand goats and onions are similarly controversial, although I'm working on vague memories here and may be mistaken.

8 hours ago, Mewtie said:

As a bonus, here is a little sprite I made of a Glowback Pygmy's head. :3

ddcjxmp-96bce003-c18c-4ff7-8df5-9d1a87b4

What a pleasant face with bright eyes!