TJ09

2019-04-27 - April Dragon Release

Awesome! I'm really loving those vibrant color hatchlings, I can't wait to see how they look when they're grown! :D

The vibrant might seem to be good mates for the Sakuhanas.  (I hope I'm spelling that right😋)

And yep, definately Arcanae.👍

Edited by jerzeeshadow

Sakuhanas, I think.

Edit: Ooh, I just noticed they have wings now!  Cool!

Edited by Pilauli

5 minutes ago, bigmamared said:

So, silly question here but when do the eggs stop dropping?

These will always be in cave, so they don't ever really stop dropping.

1 minute ago, Whirlaway said:

These will always be in cave, so they don't ever really stop dropping.

Thank you!

43 minutes ago, bigmamared said:

So, silly question here but when do the eggs stop dropping? 

They may not stop dropping, but they do taper off over time to be replaced with older eggs until they reach their intended rarity.

I'll bet, if one graphed demand and drop rate, one could determine the best time to hunt for new eggs, but that's probably not practical.

Just got one of the pygmies ^^  and it's a zcode!

Edited by InfiniteGalaxiezz05

Just gotta say, the vibrant hatchies look like pokemon to my eyes.

Got two pair of each. 😮 I just got back from seeing Captain Marvel! I want to see Endgame this coming week, though. 

It seems like I am always on vacation when dragons are released these days.

Anyways, I have four colorful eggs, and three of the pygmies, and one misclick I can't drop yet.

Were they already released mixed in with the other eggs? Or did I miss the good time to catch them when they were the only thing dropping? >.<

3 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

Were they already released mixed in with the other eggs? Or did I miss the good time to catch them when they were the only thing dropping? >.<

You missed the flood, seemed to be less then 6 hours this time before they started mixing. 

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

You missed the flood, seemed to be less then 6 hours this time before they started mixing. 

Well that's not a very long flood at all! Goodness!

I just managed to grab 4 of the colorful ones just now. No luck with the Coast eggs though. *sighs*

Looks like a nice release. Still seriously frustrating as a long-time player to have essentially missed the last two drops because the initial egg flood seems to get shorter and shorter. I'll just have to add these guys to my list of eggs to try and get from the abandoned page in a few weeks, and to keep checking the cave!

20 minutes ago, Flamesong said:

Looks like a nice release. Still seriously frustrating as a long-time player to have essentially missed the last two drops because the initial egg flood seems to get shorter and shorter. I'll just have to add these guys to my list of eggs to try and get from the abandoned page in a few weeks, and to keep checking the cave!

They aren't flooding anymore but are still dropping fairly frequently, the pygmies get snatched fast but the vibrants have been staying for multiple refreshes. (I do agree the flood was frustratingly short this time.)

Well, another game I play (hyhy, guess which one) has 3 days of flood for new releases, and biomes that didn't get a new breed aren't affeted by the release and work as normal, and the release biomes never get empty (they insta-refill to supply the demand if needed). 

Back to DC, 6h is riddiculus, DC really needs 24h of 0 old breeds in the release biomes at the very least, this way all timezones and shedules would be covered, and the only reason people wouldn't be here for the mass drop would be not checking the site every weekend (unless the Monday release was not just an exception...). And since the DC userbase is getting older and older... well, less and less people will have time during the flood, after all, with so few eggs generated, catching a release-fill can take hours of your life on just the first day.

I didn't have issues myself this release, but, well, thanks to my timezone and current lifesituation and lifestyle, I got up for the first 6h of it to grab my fill in a very decent time, but should I have a working Saturday yesterday or live in a different timezone, or have children, I'd have missed it literally because adult life and nothing else. DC is definitely no longer mostly built of teens and students (or is getting close to that), TJ, and the community's average age will only increase, rising the % of users missing the good things, this year's FoE's complains are just a small indicator of the situation.

I'm so curious to see the adults, as always! Well, now I'm sort of glad the new pygmy is just a western instead of a pygmy leviathan I first expected, hearing they seem to be on the rarer end of the rarity scale (based on users' esperiences with hunting them yesterday after the way-too-short flood):P